Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    I'm happy that this is on iTunes. The champion theme is so pretty.
    It suits both the Champion and her Gardevoir.

Sort of like how Cynthia's theme was more dramatic and more 'aggressive', suits her and her Garchomp.

Shalour City's music reminds me of LOZ. Its just amazing to hear it, Pokemon never disappoints with their music

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    Oh, and I love the use of the RSE desert theme for Cyllage City.
    Always heard Mario Kart in that song. Never really heard Route 111. I'm going to have to get my headphones now XD

Loved Successor Korrina's theme as opposed to the regular gym theme--which is good, don't get me wrong but I feel it was missing that little oomph.

Love Geosenge Town theme.
    Love Xerneas/Yeveltal/Zygarde theme. Arguably one of the best if not the best Legendary encounter theme
    Love Snowbelle City theme.
    Liked the E4 theme but Unova's E4 theme still the best for me.

Overall I iked the soundtrack of this game but I didn't love it. I feel Unova and Hoenn had a lot more tracks that I loved. But Kalos is definitely up there.

If I had to rank them in terms of overall soundtrack from bets to worst it would probably be:

1)Unova
    2)Hoenn
    3)Kalos
    4)Jhoto
    5)Sinnoh
    6)Kanto

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Battle themes were really meh this game. Something about the way they were composed just doesn't give me the same feeling of excitement as past ones did.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Anyone have a link to the song the music that plays when Xerneas/Yevltal emerge from the cocoon? I really like it...and I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Anyone have a link to the song the music that plays when Xerneas/Yevltal emerge from the cocoon? I really like it...and I can't seem to find it anywhere!
    It's track 102. Easiest place to buy it is, unfortunately, iTunes.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's track 102. Easiest place to buy it is, unfortunately, iTunes.
    I didn't even know they had the soundtrack out on itunes already.

but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I didn't even know they had the soundtrack out on itunes already.

but thanks
    It was released worldwide on iTunes and on CD in Japan on November 12th.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Some of the best songs personally, were from the legendary cut scenes. When the version legendary was awoken, oh man, that tune, it starts out with a call, then is answerd epically, then just gets better. Then the actual legendary battle music, from the main story to the Kanto remix. They really made some amazing works of art in Thease games. This is some of the best music when you speak of technological advances through the games. In no way am I saying the originals aren't good. Just saying the advancements are outstanding.
    Schmmidtty was here

I especially like the Anistar city music; not sure why but I like it, often when hatching eggs I ride around there and listen to the music haha.

Shota Kageyama, who's done most of the themes for Pokemon XY, has "graduated" from GameFreak (after 6 and a half years) and is now part of Spica Musica. Although he did mention that he's still open for collaboration in GF's future titles.

It's sad that he's no longer part of the GF Sound Team.
    I guess Ichinose will take his place.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on what he does.

Anyone else think the Power Plant/Poke Ball Factory sounds like something out of Sonic CD?

Reminds me of this:

Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyone else think the Power Plant/Poke Ball Factory sounds like something out of Sonic CD?

Reminds me of this:

I don't know how that song is in context, but I do notice the similarity in the two themes. A shame there's no reason to go back to the Power Plant or Poke Ball Factory, since it's really a nice overworld theme.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

i think xy has some of the best songs in the series but also some of the worst. one of the best being the gym leader battle theme, and one of the worst being the pokemon village music. i think it would have been cool to put a remixed gen 1 theme as the music for the village since its a place where you can find lots of older pokemon like ditto and poliwhirl etc, as well as mewtwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    i think xy has some of the best songs in the series but also some of the worst. one of the best being the gym leader battle theme, and one of the worst being the pokemon village music. i think it would have been cool to put a remixed gen 1 theme as the music for the village since its a place where you can find lots of older pokemon like ditto and poliwhirl etc, as well as mewtwo
    Really? I found the gym leader battle theme to be the worst out of all of the gym leader battle themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Shota Kageyama, who's done most of the themes for Pokemon XY, has "graduated" from GameFreak (after 6 and a half years) and is now part of Spica Musica. Although he did mention that he's still open for collaboration in GF's future titles.

It's sad that he's no longer part of the GF Sound Team.
    I guess Ichinose will take his place.
    It's like Inafune getting shot down from Capcom to keep working on Mega Man games, but instead with a happier ending.

Gym Leader theme is actually one of my favorites. B2/W2 Unova leader theme is still my favorite of all gym themes, but I actually like the new style of the gym theme. No gym theme is particularly bad, but this theme was definitely not what I was expecting. I guess that's part of why I enjoy it.

That said, the Elite 4 theme is definitely my favorite theme in the game, battle theme or otherwise. I love the Elite 4 themes from Hoenn and Unova, but the Kalos Elite 4 impressed me a lot. I've also gotten a good taste of it thanks to the Battle Chatelaines sharing that theme with the Elite 4 (funny since there are four Chatelaines as well) and the ability to use any battle theme online.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I like my battle music energetic and intense. Most of the battle themes in this game didn't really do that for me. The gym leader theme especially was the exact opposite of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Gym Leader theme is actually one of my favorites. B2/W2 Unova leader theme is still my favorite of all gym themes, but I actually like the new style of the gym theme. No gym theme is particularly bad, but this theme was definitely not what I was expecting. I guess that's part of why I enjoy it.

That said, the Elite 4 theme is definitely my favorite theme in the game, battle theme or otherwise. I love the Elite 4 themes from Hoenn and Unova, but the Kalos Elite 4 impressed me a lot. I've also gotten a good taste of it thanks to the Battle Chatelaines sharing that theme with the Elite 4 (funny since there are four Chatelaines as well) and the ability to use any battle theme online.
    i agree completely with you! unova has the second best soundtrack in my opinion from all the games second to sinnoh. and these games have such an inconsistent soundtrack in my opinion that is hard to rate it as a whole in comparison to other generations. most other gens have rather consistent soundtracks that i usually enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I like my battle music energetic and intense. Most of the battle themes in this game didn't really do that for me. The gym leader theme especially was the exact opposite of this.
    I like energetic themes as well, and I kind of got some of that feeling with the Elite 4 theme, but I feel like the themes in general tried to be more tense and less energetic. That's what I got from the Gym Theme, especially. So I suppose it was kind of hit-or-miss, since I feel overall opinions of the music were all over the place...

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    i agree completely with you! unova has the second best soundtrack in my opinion from all the games second to sinnoh. and these games have such an inconsistent soundtrack in my opinion that is hard to rate it as a whole in comparison to other generations. most other gens have rather consistent soundtracks that i usually enjoy
    And that could be why. Music in general seemed to be varied in style a lot more this time around. That, and some time ago it was commented that Gō Ichinose, a key composer in past Pokemon games, did not work on the music for X/Y (possibly due to the other games like Harmoknight? not sure myself), so that explains why music is so much different this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I like energetic themes as well, and I kind of got some of that feeling with the Elite 4 theme, but I feel like the themes in general tried to be more tense and less energetic.
    Barring Viola's fight, possibly every Gym Battle just felt even more anti-climatic because of the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Barring Viola's fight, possibly every Gym Battle just felt even more anti-climatic because of the theme.
    Well it's not like gyms have ever been that tough anyway. I'd say Grant gave me harder time than Viola, though, because Dunsparce is literally a Disc One Nuke. Actual difficulty aside, I think it wasn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I have to disagree. im actually a fan of the more tense theme as opposed to the overly-energetic theme from BW/2. Not that those were bad, I just think the slower more bass-deep music suit the battles more this time around. I would have to say the balance between overly-energetic and bassy would be sinnoh's gym battle theme and I think thats very comparable to the E4 battle theme this time around. not that the music itself sounds the same but the style is reminiscent and i love that about it.

also, for someone who is not a gen wunner, im head over heels for the kanto legendary battle theme.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast