Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    also, for someone who is not a gen wunner, im head over heels for the kanto legendary battle theme.
    I am on the same boat as you. I like the first gen games a lot but I'm not obsessed them either, but the Kanto Legendary battle theme threw in the unexpected throwback to the old games so well. The theme would have been pretty solid on it's own but the slightly out of place 8-bit sounds (when compared the rest of the soundtrack) come in it just works. Again, I think the theme would have been find it it didn't use the original theme battle theme but it manages to improve it so it's probably one of my more favorite legendary battle themes.

However, I do like Xerneas/Yveltal theme more due to the rewarding feeling it somehow manages to send off. As soon as the actual first notes play it just kind of gives this feeling of excitement and satisfaction for some reason.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I am on the same boat as you. I like the first gen games a lot but I'm not obsessed them either, but the Kanto Legendary battle theme threw in the unexpected throwback to the old games so well. The theme would have been pretty solid on it's own but the slightly out of place 8-bit sounds (when compared the rest of the soundtrack) come in it just works. Again, I think the theme would have been find it it didn't use the original theme battle theme but it manages to improve it so it's probably one of my more favorite legendary battle themes.

However, I do like Xerneas/Yveltal theme more due to the rewarding feeling it somehow manages to send off. As soon as the actual first notes play it just kind of gives this feeling of excitement and satisfaction for some reason.
    I agree I like the overall feel that the XYZ legendary battle theme gives off. like it starts with this upbeat sound that gives you that "oh **** the legendary pokemon is here" and then it slows down for a minute before building back upon the intro sound. Its one of my favorites during online battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11Slimeade11 View Post
    Always heard Mario Kart in that song. Never really heard Route 111. I'm going to have to get my headphones now XD
    Wait Cyllage City's theme is a shout-out to RSE's Route 111? I should try and compare the two sometime.

As for my thoughts, this was a good soundtrack and probably one of the best I've heard to date. I just love how saddening the theme on Route 15/16/17 is, it's like the most tear-jerking music for a normal route theme.

Quote Originally Posted by OshyHikari View Post
    Wait Cyllage City's theme is a shout-out to RSE's Route 111? I should try and compare the two sometime.

As for my thoughts, this was a good soundtrack and probably one of the best I've heard to date. I just love how saddening the theme on Route 15/16/17 is, it's like the most tear-jerking music for a normal route theme.
    Nah, Rt. 15-17 has some happier moments in the song. You wanna talk sad sounding songs, try Unova Rt. 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I love the music in Pokemon X & Y! I haven't played Pokemon since RED -> YELLOW -> Y and my gosh is the music in this game glorious! I fell in love with "Unwavering Emotion" played by the musician in Coumarine City. I literally sat in that house through the whole song before leaving during my first play through. Its beautiful! <3

Quote Originally Posted by drkshdw View Post
    I love the music in Pokemon X & Y! I haven't played Pokemon since RED -> YELLOW -> Y and my gosh is the music in this game glorious! I fell in love with "Unwavering Emotion" played by the musician in Coumarine City. I literally sat in that house through the whole song before leaving during my first play through. Its beautiful! <3
    That song is originally from B/W, it's probably the most popular song from those games so they included it, along with the Jubilife City theme from D/P/P.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That song is originally from B/W, it's probably the most popular song from those games so they included it, along with the Jubilife City theme from D/P/P.
    It's lovely. I'm glad they included it. I have no plans to take on B/W right now but Pokemon Y has definitely rekindled my love for the series ^^

I think they also remixed the Safari Zone Gate music from HGSS for the Friend Safari. I like that one.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think they also remixed the Safari Zone Gate music from HGSS for the Friend Safari. I like that one.
    Yeah.

Some of XY themes have certain melodies taken from old themes: such as Parfum Palace having some bits of Juniper's lab, Cyllage having bits of Route 111, Tower of Mastery having bits of the Pokemon Main Title theme, and Friend Safari as mentioned above. There are a few more but I forgot.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Yeah.

Some of XY themes have certain melodies taken from old themes: such as Parfum Palace having some bits of Juniper's lab, Cyllage having bits of Route 111, Tower of Mastery having bits of the Pokemon Main Title theme, and Friend Safari as mentioned above. There are a few more but I forgot.
    Ah, so that's what that was. I knew something sounded familiar when I went in there the first time. Aside from those themes, there's also what's probably one of the most noticeable ones in the Champion theme with a part from the Hoenn gym theme. If there's any other ones, I never noticed them. I didn't even notice the Friend Safari one, but I'm not a huge fan of that theme anyway.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I also think this game has a lot of great route themes. Particularly Rt. 8/9/10/11/12/13 and Rt. 18/19/21.

I also think this game has a lot of great route themes. Particularly Rt. 8/9/10/11/12/13 and Rt. 18/19/21.
    No route music stood out to me more in these games except for route 15/16's theme. It was the only one that gave me a "wow i've made it this far already but time to keep going" vibe. Very nice and it also fit the scene as well. It seems like the routes have a seasonal theme going on even in the music not just appearance. The snowy routes also have a jingle kind of theme going on that sounds like winter to me.

I've simply fallen in love with the Surf Theme of this game :3 At first when I did my play through I didn't really notice the soundtrack ok this game and I felt it was a HUGE step-down from the electro pop/cultural OST that BW2 gave us but then taking a deeper look into it I realized that the two were different for a reason... BW2's soundtrack signified the shift into a more modern age in Unova yet keeping the specific cultures of each city alive. While XY's soundtrack signifies the beauty, elegance, and culture of pre-modern and post-modern society that we live with each theme representing a different "emotion" or "feeling" inside of us.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by OshyHikari View Post
    I don't hear any resemblance between the two. It may have the same tune, but maybe that only plays way later on or something.

Anyway, I'd say the soundtrack is pretty good, just about on par with B/W and sequels. Especially in its route and city themes. B/W had some really great city themes (especially for Floccesy, Icirrus, and Driftveil, the latter still being my favourite overall); same here with Santalune, Camphrier, Laverre, and Snowbelle City. Currently my two favourite pieces of music in X and Y are the Snowbelle City theme and Professor Sycamore's theme (NOT the battle theme - the one that plays when he comes and talks to you). The former just so beautifully captivates the dreary charm of winter. The latter is peaceful and relaxing, and the violin (at least I think it's a violin - it may be a viola instead) is used especially well in it.

As for trainer battle themes, I like my themes energetic and triumphant, which is probably why I really liked the champion battle and credits themes from B/W (although the former is just because of Ghetsis' dark and demonic theme), and the champion battle theme from B2/W2. The X and Y champion battle theme was not memorable at all, though I liked how deep and intense the Elite Four battle theme was. I'd say it's the best of any Elite Four battle theme I'd ever heard, mostly because the previous ones have been mediocre at best.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    I don't hear any resemblance between the two. It may have the same tune, but maybe that only plays way later on or something.
    About 40 seconds into the Cyllage City theme you can hear the main melody of Route 111.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm not sure I'd consider Cyllage City to be a remix of the Rt. 111 Desert theme strictly speaking, but the beginning of both tunes does sound similar.

I'm not sure I'd consider Cyllage City to be a remix of the Rt. 111 Desert theme strictly speaking, but the beginning of both tunes does sound similar.
    Again, it's not really a remix, they just reused the main melody about halfway through.

Dat Mewtwo Battle Theme.

So much nostalgia.

Dat Mewtwo Battle Theme.

So much nostalgia.
    Same deal with the Legendary Birds, but yes. Between the Gym Leader's Last Pokemon theme of BW, and the Kanto Legendary Theme of XY, it's clear that Game Freak loves reminding us of nostalgic days of the past.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

One of my favourite places to hatch Eggs is the Pokeball Factory as I love the music there. Reminds me of something from Super Meatboy.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding whether I like this soundtrack over Gen 5's. It's definitely higher quality as far as overall sound goes (Then again Gen 5 was on the DS) but I think that Unova had some better melodies. I mean, just compare the Gym Leader themes.
    i think gen V has a better overall sound track buuuut i think one of its worst themes is the gym leader one whereas i think one of gen VI's best ones is its gym theme

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    Really? That's interesting; I'm the opposite. I think that Gen V's Gym Leader theme is the best piece of Pokemon music period, but the Gen VI one... not so much.
    Agreeing with this. The Unova Gym Theme is quite possibly one of the best pieces of battle music ever made, but the Kalos Gym Theme is just thoroughly unexciting. You could say the same for the battle music in general for both games, the battle music is eons better in BW1/BW2 than XY.

Agreeing with this. The Unova Gym Theme is quite possibly one of the best pieces of battle music ever made, but the Kalos Gym Theme is just thoroughly unexciting. You could say the same for the battle music in general for both games, the battle music is eons better in BW1/BW2 than XY.
    hmm thats odd. i think the battle music is way better in xy, specifically the trainer battle theme, but i do agree the tempo in the gym battle theme is a lot slower and less climactic buuut i think its a nice change and actually feels a lot more tense than the very upbeat gen V gym battle theme

I really enjoy the Kalos Power Plant/PokeBall Factory the most out of the XY soundtrack! It feels all factory-ish in such a damn catchy for me. Plus this is the first time I actually like the Bike Music for once. As for the gym theme, I would probably list it somewhere in the middle. I found it enjoyable but I'm more interested in Unova and Sinnoh's gym battle themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    hmm thats odd. i think the battle music is way better in xy, specifically the trainer battle theme, but i do agree the tempo in the gym battle theme is a lot slower and less climactic buuut i think its a nice change and actually feels a lot more tense than the very upbeat gen V gym battle theme
    I didn't find the gym theme any more intense in this game, the slow tempo kind of detracts from that. That's what I liked about 5th gen's, it was both intense and exciting, which is exactly what I'm looking for in battle music.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast