Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I didn't find the gym theme any more intense in this game, the slow tempo kind of detracts from that. That's what I liked about 5th gen's, it was both intense and exciting, which is exactly what I'm looking for in battle music.
    I think the gen V gym battle theme is actually a bit too happy sounding and it almost sounds to me like something that belongs to a mario kart starting screen
    the perfect balance of intense and exciting for me would be sinnoh's gym battle theme but i do prefer a more somber sounding theme for battles which is why i think XY's battle theme us better than BW
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

so my brain mentally is obsessed with the rival theme from this game XD it's so chill.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    I think the gen V gym battle theme is actually a bit too happy sounding and it almost sounds to me like something that belongs to a mario kart starting screen
    I don't hear "Mario Kart starting screen" at all in that. "Happy" I can almost see, but that's not the word I'd use to describe it. To me it sounds more like something you'd hear at the PWT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    so my brain mentally is obsessed with the rival theme from this game XD it's so chill.
    It does really fit the friend group in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It does really fit the friend group in this game.
    IMO it fits Tierno, Trevor and Shauna but does not fit Calem/Serena. Calem/Serena are more serious as trainers thus they should get a more serious theme. Basically I feel they should have gotten their own rival theme.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    IMO it fits Tierno, Trevor and Shauna but does not fit Calem/Serena. Calem/Serena are more serious as trainers thus they should get a more serious theme. Basically I feel they should have gotten their own rival theme.
    I agree. I initially thought that they would have their own separate theme (or at least an alternate arrangement), but nope.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I felt it was serious enough. I mean, in the end it's still just a battle between friends. If they were more like Blue or Silver, then maybe I'd agree it's not a serious enough rival theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I agree with Bolt, I felt the battle themes were lacking. Something about them feels too underwhelming for the intensity you'd expect from them. The overworld themes were better then their battle counterparts though.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I actually think the theme still fits them all. The theme mixes so many different elements, it feels like the rival theme is a mix of all of their personalities (or what we know of their personality). It's friendly, while still having that touch of seriousness that it needs for the serious rival. A lot like Barry's theme, actually. Barry is still the best rival

Then again, I actually liked every battle theme in this game, so there's that. I personally don't think that a battle theme always needs that same level of intensity and energy that we've had in the past to be good, and I actually like the change of pace. Not that I'd always want it to be that way, since I loved the new themes in B2/W2, but I appreciate these battle themes for what they are. I'd say they hold up decently well. That's just me, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Snowbelle city's theme... dang I find this music so moving and touching even more after you fight and defeat Lsyande. All the conflict you had faced soothed a little bit.

I love the Snowbelle City theme and the Bicycle theme...
    But the Team Flare theme freaks me out after 3 seconds.... most annoying music I've ever encountered in a Pokemon game....

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

The Xerneas / Yveltal battle is my favorite track. There is just something about it that makes it special. The beginning in particular amps up your spirit.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

The gym leader battle music is probably the best for me. Game Freak has really few electronic songs (mostly the Unova Elite 4 was my favorite), but I love most of them.

The champion and elite 4 theme was meh, and like what some of the people before me said, the rival themes were good for everone except Calem/Serena.
    Last edited by Timmyzzz; 17th January 2014 at 4:20 PM.

~ FS: Fighting - Mienfoo, Pancham, Breloom ~

3DS FC: 4081-5633-2913
    PM me if you added me!

The rival theme fits Callem/Serena, especially during the fight during the victory road.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyzzz View Post
    Game Freak has never put in electronic music in their games before (if I could remember)
    I'm guessing you probably haven't played B/W2?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'm guessing you probably haven't played B/W2?
    Yeah, I just remembered the Elite 4 themes from BW and BW2 and forgot to edit that. I loved them too, though :P

Also, I want to add that the Emma/Looker piano themes were great, but all the main series games have their tear-jerkers as well...
    Last edited by Timmyzzz; 17th January 2014 at 3:14 PM.

~ FS: Fighting - Mienfoo, Pancham, Breloom ~

3DS FC: 4081-5633-2913
    PM me if you added me!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyzzz View Post
    Yeah, I just remembered the Elite 4 themes from BW and BW2 and forgot to edit that. I loved them too, though :P

Also, I want to add that the Emma/Looker piano themes were great, but all the main series games have their tear-jerkers as well...
    I believe only Gen 5 & 6 had emotional piano themes. I don't recall Gen 1-4 to have something like that.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I can't think of any other sad themes from Gen's 1-4 either.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I can: the National Park theme from Gen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    I can: the National Park theme from Gen 2.
    That's not really sad, more laid back. It's very smooth.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's not really sad, more laid back. It's very smooth.
    Personally, I found it very melancholy. The HGSS version, yeah, more laid back, but IMO the original chiptune version just sounds...sad for some reason.

That woman who plays the Jubilife theme when you talk to her.. I felt very sad when I listened to it for some reason, its supposed to have a happy melody..

Also, I love the Anistar and Laverre city music. Anistar is kind of dark sounding though. Made worse by the fact that the man I lended my Pichu to die. Laverre reminds me of super mario and fairy tales, I love it.

I love the friend battle music this time around as it kinda sounds like a culmination of a lot of previous rival battle themes. it's a nice touch, the most obvious previously used portion would be the BW rival intro part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Personally, I found it very melancholy. The HGSS version, yeah, more laid back, but IMO the original chiptune version just sounds...sad for some reason.
    I was talking about the original version, really not seeing it as sad, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I believe only Gen 5 & 6 had emotional piano themes. I don't recall Gen 1-4 to have something like that.
    Closest thing I can think of here is the R/S/E credits theme, which despite probably not having inherent emotional intentions, certainly feels like that way when listening to it.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Closest thing I can think of here is the R/S/E credits theme, which despite probably not having inherent emotional intentions, certainly feels like that way when listening to it.
    Same could also be said for the G/S/C ending theme. Best ending to any Pokemon game.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast