Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not actually silent at any point, there's the spot where the main melody stops, but there's still a very clear bassline.

I see it as short, but sweet. It all fits together very well, I don't mind that it loops often.
    The high pitch notes do stop which makes the looping too obvious. I can't find it sweet in any way since it sounds so generic like those poor soundtracks from some weak eshop games.

Interesting how there are people who appreciate this tune. It's actually astonishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    The high pitch notes do stop which makes the looping too obvious. I can't find it sweet in any way since it sounds so generic like those poor soundtracks from some weak eshop games.

Interesting how there are people who appreciate this tune. It's actually astonishing!
    It's the simplicity that makes it good in my opinion. It's not a complicated track at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's the simplicity that makes it good in my opinion. It's not a complicated track at all.
    Yeah, it really is too simple.

I love the Dendemille Town music. My favorite amongst all Pokemon games that I have played.

The music in the Strange House near Reversal Mountain was fittingly creepy. It might have been the thunderstorm outside combined with the moving furniture and ghost girl, but I found the music to be quite effective in telling the story of the house. Well done to the artist :P

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

This game has brilliant music. My favourites are the Pokeball Factory, Laverre City, Snowbelle City, Anistar City, Clothes shop and route 15. Imo the best ost of a pokemon game to date.
    Pokemon X FC: 3626 - 0175 - 1281
    Fairy Friend Safari: Dedenne - Jigglypuff - Floette
    Shinies:

I think this game's soundtrack was quite solid. The PokeBall Factory/Power Plant theme is extremely cool and catchy, Sycamore's theme fills me with a sense of adventure, and the Champion's theme is intense and epic.

Speaking of the Champion theme, anyone else think it sounds like something from Mystery Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This generation truly has one of the best soundtracks of the series, especially for the city music.

I actually created a music project consisting of 'gym leader' versions of the city themes. So far, I've done everyone but Wulfric.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

Oh man did I love this soundtrack. Diantha's theme was good, but the Elite Four has my favorite. Also like Lysandre's battle theme.
    H E L L O

I breed starter Pokemon constantly, so I always have a ton of them for trade! I have all released HA starter Pokemon as well, and IVs can be added. PM me if you need one!

FC: 4098-3996-8590
    IGN: G
    FS: Poison-Ariados, Gloom, Muk

HAs : and more.
    I'll breed any on request and can get some IVs on them as well.

After listening to the music selections while battling, I can definitly say that I have a newfound love for Diantha's theme. I guess when I first beat her, I overlooked it. Now, it's the only one I listen to in battles! I can also say I still don't understand why everyone likes the Team Flare themes so much...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

I don't understand it either.

I love the soundtrack for the game though, I always play it when I can have the volume on so I can listen to it and enjoy it.

I only just found out about the Jubilife city remix at Snowbelle city yeserday. Man, it's been so long since I've heard that catchy theme and the piano remix was just perfect for it...now I wish we had a boombox item so I could listen to this while in cities. Oh well, it's great for the amie so I'm happy for that.
    My Friend Code: 1435-4378-9935 My Friend Safari: Dark type: Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye

Looking for: Nothing at this current time.

IGN: Andrew

I've claimed Audino Formally known as Great Horned Owl

Love me the battle music in this one - particularly Cyrus and the Gym Music. The Champion music is great, as well.

Honestly, at first, I hated the gym music, it was too different from previous games, but I grew to really like it for what it was! The remix when fighting Connie is even better!
    http://www.NintenDiego.com || http://www.facebook.com/NintenDiego || http://www.reddit.com/r/NintenDiego

i love how they had a guy do the "Emotion" theme from the black and white series i almost actually cried remembering N,s fight with Ghetisis.

I have to say the gym leader music has really grown on me. I wasn't too into it at first but everytime I listen to it I get more and more into it. I think it was because of how different it is from the previous leaders' music is why I wasn't so into it at first.

I just posted this somewhere else regarding the Elite Four battle music, and I really loved this post so I'm sharing it here too.

Quote Originally Posted by SchwaWarrior
    I like how this theme isn't like you're having an "epic final battle" or anything, but more like "you're in Big Boy Country now where you can go nuts and take joy in fighting with no holds barred with the best there is, welcome home".

To me it's as if this theme ought to be the default "competitive WiFi battle theme" when you're playing online with someone who knows what he's doing and knows tier-matchups and all that. The song encompasses that feeling of two Trainers who are transcendent in both skill and knowledge over all others in the little world on their screen, going head to head, two gods fighting it out just for sport and still being able to shake hands afterward. Other in-game trainers could watch the spectacle unfold and their eyes not registering what they are even witnessing-- either side switching in and out frantically, shards of Spikes and Stealth Rocks littering the field like confetti, Ice Beams or Shadow Balls or what-have-you being predicted and thrown right at foe Pokemon as they switch in before they even fully materialize from white light for double-damage, the brutality of a Choice Band Scizor as it slices and hacks at all his foes like a humanoid bullet from every angle over and over and never stops, or the raw primordial fury of a Garchomp's stadium-shattering Earthquake even while shuddering painfully in the fatigue brought on by his Life Orb in claw... all of this in succession almost faster than the eyes can follow (as in the Pokemon World the battles supposedly happen in real-time and are not turn-based)...

It's a truly awesome sight to imagine, and the intense, yet mellow, rising-and-falling-and-rising-again vibes and waves present in this battle theme tell the story of such a battle of gods more perfectly than I could ask for.

Also the mental sight of that very same Scizor and Garchomp shaking claws warmly afterward alongside their trainers, despite being cut and bruised everywhere and the stadium around them in apocalyptic tatters, honestly almost brings a manly tear to my eyes. >//<
    ** Schwa **
    "Love what is, don't hate what isn't"

3DS friend code: 5257-9550-1086 (PM me if you add me ^^)
    OR/AS Secret Base: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...Grotto0542.jpg | Last Updated 12/06/14 | Total Flags: 542

i love route 15 music i just live my 3ds open and stay in r15 all day lol

Route 15 is by far my favorite song in this game. There is a lot of great music in this game, but that one makes me feel like I'm on a true adventure. It kinda reminds me of Tales of Symphonia in a way. Not sure why, but it does.

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324