Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Got the full order now:

Spoiler:- Online Battle Track list:

I do wish they'd named them in game. Mega Charizard, Blaziken and Lucario everywhere online right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Got the full order now:

I do wish they'd named them in game. Mega Charizard, Blaziken and Lucario everywhere online right now...
    Nice lineup of tracks, though it makes you realize how few battle themes there are here in comparison to B2/W2. I do really wish they named the tracks, though.

Somewhat off-topic, but I can imagine that prevalence of of those specific Megas. From experience, Adamant Mega Blaziken hits like a nuke even without Swords Dance.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Having played through the game, I'm wondering how the soundtrack's 202 tracks (Well, 197, given that 5 of the tracks are supposed to be from Origins) when compared to B/W's 173 tracks. I get the feeling that it's going to just be padded out with all the 10 second PR Videos tracks.

Having played through the game, I'm wondering how the soundtrack's 202 tracks (Well, 197, given that 5 of the tracks are supposed to be from Origins) when compared to B/W's 173 tracks. I get the feeling that it's going to just be padded out with all the 10 second PR Videos tracks.
    It'll have the sound effects and things like that just like they all have.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I really like Team Flare and Lysandre's theme. They give off some evil vibes and sort off reminds me of Bowser's Castle.

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

The gym leader music in this game is something so different from any of the other games, love it! I just wish for Miror Bs Theme music from XD and this would be the best soundtrack to date.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

Thanks for the music! And oh god @Chari, Blazi and Luca being everywhere...
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Is there a way to unlocking more music for the online battling?

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

hhmmm, I have to admit, dat team flare boss battle music really fits The leader of team flare.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

To those who are disappointed with how all the themes sound in this game, I like to make them look at all the technical components of the piece, and how it was composed. I also would like to add, that as simple as the songs sound, they're utterly complex and have shifting times, accidentally, and other insanely complex mechanics of composition that basic compositions wouldn't have.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    To those who are disappointed with how all the themes sound in this game, I like to make them look at all the technical components of the piece, and how it was composed. I also would like to add, that as simple as the songs sound, they're utterly complex and have shifting times, accidentally, and other insanely complex mechanics of composition that basic compositions wouldn't have.
    tbh I will judge any person's musical taste or appreciation if they are disappointed with the soundtrack as a whole.

Got the full order now:

No love for Mega Absol? Poor guy. ):
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I'm lounging about on Youtube listening to music, and... wow. The overworld themes are ridiculously nice, particularly those for towns. I think either Cyllage City or Anistar City's are my favourite.

The battle music, on the other hand... it isn't bad, persay, but the Gym Leader battle theme in particular doesn't seem as high energy as the past ones have to me... the beginning is, but the rest leaves much to be desired. Then again, I do quite like the whimsical feel to the Wild Pokemon/Trainer battle music and Team Flare's battle music (both of their battle musics, actually) is my favourite overall. Although evil teams are notorious for having some rather nice music, so I can't say I'm surprised.

But yeah, we've got a really nice score for these games, I'd say~

Edit: How did I forget to mention Dendemille Town along with the other two? It's channeling its inner Mystery Dungeon and I absolutely adore that.
    Last edited by Lost Lore; 18th October 2013 at 3:20 AM.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

I loved Team Flare's Boss music. I soooo wish I could hear it in the game again... it's amazing. AMAZING. First time I heard choirs in the background when it comes to music in Pokemon games. (or my memory is bad.)

Also, Professor Sycamore's music... I think Sycamore should be called Layton juding by it. I love it, though!

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Guess I was lucky enough to connect my 3DS to my Bose Portable Deck; played the whole game with epic music quality. It's one of the best soundtracks on the series, even though I haven't listened (not heard, there's a difference) much of it.

Battle Music:

The Gym Leader theme of this gen was so cool; I actually felt adrenaline when the Psychic leader started sweeping my team. It's my favorite now, beating Unova's Gym Leader Last Pokemon theme.

Also, Lysandre's battle theme was awesome. But the Champion's Theme was amazing; I can't say it's my favorite (because Gen I and IV had the best Champion Themes), but it's still very very good.

And I'm not a big fan of Yveltal's theme. It was ok, but I liked better Dialga/Palkia theme.

Spoiler:- And for those who finished the game:

Overworld Music:

Haven't really learned the names of the cities yet, but there are some good ones out there. Particularly, Route 15 was godlike. Just wonderful.

And I really don't know how to put this in English, but, the music from the little stations when you get from a route to another, you know, like the ones on Gen V with the messageboards, is amazing as well. Haven't heard from someone else say something about it; so underrated.
    Name: Jonux
    Platinum FC: 4426-2005-7244

@Above: Gates. They're called gates. c:

Oh, someone mentioned Sycamore's theme... I totally forgot about that. First tune I heard because it got leaked. Geeeeezzzzz. Plus I like Sycamore as a character...
    And we shouldn't forget the ever popular BICYCLE THEME.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I hear Team Rocket's theme from RGBY in the Team Flare HQ (the cafe one) music. Is it just me?
    Last edited by defiantdenial; 18th October 2013 at 5:29 AM.

TL2 | B- Referee

Anyone else hear the Hoenn Gym Leader theme in Diantha's Champion music?

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    @Above: Gates. They're called gates. c:

Oh, someone mentioned Sycamore's theme... I totally forgot about that. First tune I heard because it got leaked. Geeeeezzzzz. Plus I like Sycamore as a character...
    And we shouldn't forget the ever popular BICYCLE THEME.
    That guitar. I like all the usage of guitar in the soundtrack a lot.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That guitar. I like all the usage of guitar in the soundtrack a lot.
    I've been saying it a lot, but that Elite 4 theme. I love it, and that guitar is part of why I like it. I might even like that guitar more than the nostalgia trumpets of Hoenn.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

To be honest, I didn't like XY's soundtrack all that much in the beginning. Compared to the more digital-sounding soundtracks of the previous gens, especially the epic themes of B2W2, it seemed like it just... lacked its original energy and vibes. It got better, and now I'm especially fond of the Gym Leader Battle theme, the Team Flare battle theme, the Route 15/16 theme, the Kalos Power Plant/Pokéball Factory theme, the Snowbelle City theme, and the Champion theme. I really dig the techno beats in the Gym Leader Battle theme and the Team Flare Battle theme, and I think Snowbelle City's theme is one of my favourite overworld themes in the entire series. I still miss the old style of the soundtrack, though.

Also, has anyone brought up the Jubilife City theme remix in one of Snowbelle City's houses? I've got to say, it's literally my favourite track in the entire series. Even without the added nostalgia factor since Diamond was my first ever Pokémon game, I love how they made it all jazzy, like it was background music in a Parisian café on a rainy night...

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Also, has anyone brought up the Jubilife City theme remix in one of Snowbelle City's houses?
    Mhm. You can also find the Emotion track from BW/B2W2 in a house in Coumarine City. Of the two, the Emotion one is my favorite because, being the Gen V lover that I am, it "hits me right in the feels," so to speak, although both of them are very good remixes and it was nice to see samples of the old music brought up on the new sound style.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Also, has anyone brought up the Jubilife City theme remix in one of Snowbelle City's houses? I've got to say, it's literally my favourite track in the entire series. Even without the added nostalgia factor since Diamond was my first ever Pokémon game, I love how they made it all jazzy, like it was background music in a Parisian café on a rainy night...
    I actually posted it in the discovery thread, no one else had mentioned it, probably because they didn't think it was a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Mhm. You can also find the Emotion track from BW/B2W2 in a house in Coumarine City. Of the two, the Emotion one is my favorite because, being the Gen V lover that I am, it "hits me right in the feels," so to speak, although both of them are very good remixes and it was nice to see samples of the old music brought up on the new sound style.
    I don't think Emotion is a remix, I think it's the exact same track, might sound better due to hardware, however.

I like quite a lot of the music in X & Y, but one track that I really don't like very much is definitely the Gym Leader Battle theme. For me, it didn't feel as fast-paced or exciting as some of the Gym Leader Battle themes from past generations. I think the main reason for this is that it just takes so long to get to the main part of the song, which doesn't last very long at all before it loops again.

Apart from that, the soundtrack is pretty great. I think some of the stand-out tracks for me would be the Team Flare Leader theme, The Legendary Battle theme, and the Route 15 music.
    What I really liked about the last one was that until I got to Route 17 (Mamoswine Road) where it also plays, I didn't really notice it, but then then I heard it on Route 17 and it really struck me how well it fit the area and the scenario. It just felt so right to hear that track combined with the howling blizzard, and it makes that area really stick out in my mind.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't think Emotion is a remix, I think it's the exact same track, might sound better due to hardware, however.
    It's not the same song, the guitar was definitely not there in the original.

It's not the same song, the guitar was definitely not there in the original.
    I didn't hear any guitar, maybe I didn't listen long enough. Or I couldn't hear it out of the system speaker, I didn't have my 2DS hooked up to my actual speakers at the time.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast