Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    It's not the same song, the guitar was definitely not there in the original.
    Yeah, they seemed to have added a thing or two to it.
    That's another thing I forgot... I stood in that room for like 10 minutes xD.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

successor korrina's battle music is one of the best battle tracks I've ever heard. second to Cynthia's battle theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I love this game's soundtrack. But I will sum it up in two words:
        Spoiler:- My Fav Song in X/Y:

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    Anyone else hear the Hoenn Gym Leader theme in Diantha's Champion music?
    Yeah, I definitely heard it! When I was listening to that theme for the first time, I hummed that part and was shocked to hear the similarity!

Also, I like the Jubilife City & Emotion remixes! And of course a lot of the original tracks in XY are great too!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Can we just talk about how heroic and beautiful Route 19's theme is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcALVr0hHlM
    ---------------------------------
    White FC: 2924 - 0370 - 4695
    ---------------------------------
    Trading Thread
    Rate My Team?

Quote Originally Posted by bottomsupfellas View Post
    Can we just talk about how heroic and beautiful Route 19's theme is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcALVr0hHlM
    I forgot to mention it. It's lovely indeed, sometimes I just stand there and listen. Also, my favourite spot to play with my Pokemon in Amie due to the music.

Anyway, my favourites are: Sycamore's Theme, Team Flare Boss' theme, Legendary Battle, Anistar City, Laverre City, Shalour City, Geosenge Town, Pokeball Factory, Route 19 and Snowbelle City. Simply great.

By the way... am I the only who gets Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibes from some of the music? Especially Laverre and Anistar. Also, there was one more place I think but I forgot. On the other hand, Coumarine City's music gives me a DPPt feel.
    Last edited by vedil; 19th October 2013 at 2:52 AM.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

The music in X/Y feels like a lot of past games, I can't say that I've felt any Mystery Dungeon from it, though. Mystery Dungeon is done by a very different sound team.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

This is probably a stupid question but... Assuming this soundtrack doesn't get released worldwide will the Japanese CD's work with US and European devices?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I love the Poké ball factory music. For being only ten seconds, some of the music for PR videos is really nice.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

The only songs I didn't really like were the trainer battle, wild pokemon theme, and rival theme. They don't give me that "this is gonna be epic" feel. Rival theme sounds like it's from Gen 5. Everything else is pretty good. The gym leader battle could have been better but I still like it better than the other themes I mentioned earlier.
    3DS FC: 4339-2686-8939

Pokemon Y
    Friend Safari: Ice type
    Snorunt, Beartic, Cloyster

Looking for Friend Safaris with Dittos. Please no Psychic, Fighting, Fire, or Bug adds, I have too many of them already. Thanks.

I love listening to pokemon music. It's complex and nice to listen to. Also, it enhances the playing experience of the game. Really tempted to get the CD when it's out.

I liked most of the soundtracks.
    My favvs though are
    Route 19
    Professor Sycamore's theme (it sounds like something you'd hear during a flashback to some victorian-like time. can't help but love it)

And my 2 absolute favs are the Power Plant theme + Snowbelle City's theme.

Speaking of Snowbelle. I loved the theme for Snowpoint city in DPPt too. It's kinda like, all cities with snow have beautiful themes :3
    ~Pokémon breeder since Gen 2~
    Collecting Deoxys. Current count: 16 (as of white X/Y)
    ♥ I have officially claimed Deoxys, no grabby hands~ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but... Assuming this soundtrack doesn't get released worldwide will the Japanese CD's work with US and European devices?
    Of course O_o CDs have no method of region locking.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So I defeated Team Flare last night... You guys weren't kidding, Lysandre's music is freaking awesome. I guess they can make epic, pumping battle themes after all. ;D
    The Legendary theme was pretty good as well.
    And that song that played during AZ's story reminded me of the Emotion theme in BW. It was touching.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

That music on the "Fin" screen after the end credits is amazing (not sure if it was playing throughout the credits since I went to get a drink during the credits). Love the guitar on that one. The music in general is amazing is this game, that was one the first things I noticed, in fact.

I really love the music in X/Y. It's beautifully composed. I don't understand how people play games with the music off.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

I think the Snowbelle City theme is just fantastic. I've been meaning to go to the Snowbelle Gym, but I've fallen in love with the city's music and have been listening to it instead.

I also love Prof. Sycamore's theme and listened to it for a long time today too.

I love the E4 battle music. It is my 2nd favourite song in this game. First being emotion remix of course

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

Is all the music in the gyms the same or what? I could swear every time I enter a gym it's the same track. A little disappointing since I distinctly remember in B/W 2 the music in the gyms being different. The track in the bug gym was particularly memorable (for me).
    Signatures are out of control on this forum. I think I've watched an entire episode of Pokemon in someones sig once...

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    yes, I have imported cds and they work on US cd players.
    Platinum FC:
    Daimond FC:
    Heart Gold (JP) FC:
    Soul Silver (US) FC:
    Black FC: 2064 8443 5983
    Black 2 FC: need to check
    Y: Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    Is all the music in the gyms the same or what? I could swear every time I enter a gym it's the same track. A little disappointing since I distinctly remember in B/W 2 the music in the gyms being different. The track in the bug gym was particularly memorable (for me).
    Mm, the individual gym themes don't return in X/Y. A little disappointing, but I suppose there are only so many times you can arrange a theme before it just starts getting stale. I do feel that this gen's gym theme is one of the best out of the generic arrangements, though.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Although someone suggested MD vibes, I personally (as did a couple others I talked to) got some Colosseum/XD vibes from a couple tunes and sound jingles.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

The Kalos Gym Leader theme is one of the best leader themes I've ever heard, IMO. Also, I really loved the inclusion of Kanto music in the Kanto legendary encounter theme (for Mewtwo and the three birds), especially the inclusion of the 8-bit tone.

Was slightly disappointed by Diantha's battle music though. I never really liked the idea of sparkly twinkly Champion music like we had for Iris, and I wish it didn't appear again in X and Y. Wished we had a theme more similar to Cynthia's - that one was well done and really captured the intensity of a Champion battle. Just my two cents, though.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I noticed with the battle music that you tend to expect a different chord than you actually hear a split second later. It still has pokemon battle music written all over it but it is definitely the freshest sounding battle music. The 3DS hardware brings the quality up quite a bit. It's nice to finally hear instruments other than the ones they used for (rant ahead)Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.

The Elite Four music is honestly one of my favorite battle themes in any JRPG. You have to listen to it in the context of the 3D battles to fully enjoy it though.

I also love the credits song. I hope they release a fully vocalized version one day.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast