Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

The first few hours of playing this game, maybe the first 10 or 12, I thought "This game has the WORST music ever in Pokemon". Now loads of hours later, I can say it has the most heartwarming and atmospheric music in Pokemon!
    Shinies so far: Gyarados, Steelix, Bidoof, Gible, Dialga, Palkia, Phione, Purrloin, Tranquill, Haxorus

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I'm with you on that. It really lacks the epicness of past Champion themes for some reason. It's not bad, but it certainly isn't great either.
    We need another uber badass Champion theme, like Lance.
    Though N's themes were awesome; I also wouldn't truly consider him a Champion, just a technical one.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

The only music I really like is when you step into the buildings that lead to towns/new routs. I like more relaxed, cutsey music.

Pokemon Y Version - Ask for friend code

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm not sure those were so much lyrics as they were just a message.
    Oh, they are most certainly lyrics

My favorite credit music so far, for sure.
    I generally like all themes in this game besides maybe route 7. Although I might just be sick of it after all that breeding I did. xD
    3DS FC: 2363-5674-4491

~Pokemon Y Team~
    Dual Screen Klefki
    Physical Wall Togekiss
    Special Wall Dragalge
    Crippler Gallade
    Bulky Special Sweeper Mega Gardevoir
    Physical Sweeper Garchomp

The champion theme is pretty cool. Overall I think this gen had worse music than Gen V. Not that this was bad, but so far I haven't heard any "Oh my Arceus that was the coolest music ever!" from this game.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I, too, wasn't particularly impressed with any of the tracks. I enjoy the Team Flare Boss battle music and the Power Plant theme, while the Gym Leader battle music is growing on me. The rival theme isn't bad, either.

Luminose City theme is by far my favorite.

As good as this song was, I preferred the normal gym battle theme. I actually found the gym theme to be more intense, at least in the intro. But the Elite 4/Battle Chatelaine theme is still my absolute favorite song in the game, and one of my favorite themes in the entire series, up there with the Hoenn Frontier Brain Theme, Hugh's Theme and Colress's Theme.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I like how activating the roller skates doesn't turn to that annoying default music. in previous games, I would get on the bike at the gate then enter a route so that I could hear the normal music of the route/city

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I like how activating the roller skates doesn't turn to that annoying default music. in previous games, I would get on the bike at the gate then enter a route so that I could hear the normal music of the route/city
    Except that the bike theme is really good.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    At certain areas, switching to bike doesn't affect the music. But I agree that this gen has the best bike theme ever. In fact, all overworld themes, although no longer as catchy as before, are amazingly great.

The battles are a bit disappointing because of less buildup and tension, but it already grew on me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen Go Ichinose's name at the credits... so I guess that's why the battle themes sound different. He is usually the one who composes the battle themes.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

How did it take you so long? There are plenty of great tracks before Anistar.
    Hmm, I often find myself playing without the music on, or not noticing the music all together because I'm so engrossed in the game!
    Pokémon X Team:
    (3rd Playthrough)
    2492 - 4366 - 5834
    3DS Friend Code
    Playing Pokémon X, pm me if you add me!
    Have Woobat and Pidgey in friend safari!
    Gale Wing Fletchinders too!
    Looking for fairy safaris with the togepi line.

I always hated the bike theme.

I think my favourite theme by far is Sycamore's theme. It honestly makes me wish he appeared more. I also really enjoyed some of the overworld music, particularly the one that plays in... route 16, I think? The gym leader was kind of disappointing though, I don't think it was as intense as some of the older themes. I also missed the final Pokemon music that would play in BW.

I agree that the bike theme is better than previous gens, but I still prefer not to hear it all the time, and I like the music that was intended to go with the area to play

I've always liked the bike themes (especially in RSE). The problem is I get sick of it and rather hear diverse music.

I thought I remember hearing this is coming to iTunes in November. Does anybody know what day?
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I can't unsee the image of cherry blossoms and general kawai-ness after hearing that people thought it sounded like music from a magic girl anime. It's a good bike theme, but I still prefer R/S/E's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    At certain areas, switching to bike doesn't affect the music. But I agree that this gen has the best bike theme ever. In fact, all overworld themes, although no longer as catchy as before, are amazingly great.

The battles are a bit disappointing because of less buildup and tension, but it already grew on me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen Go Ichinose's name at the credits... so I guess that's why the battle themes sound different. He is usually the one who composes the battle themes.
    Masuda still does all the battle music, actually. Ichinose did most of everything else, I don't think there's a specific type of music he focused on. I didn't watch the credits too closely though, I find it hard to believe he did nothing. He was one the first musicians to join Masuda back in Second Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    I thought I remember hearing this is coming to iTunes in November. Does anybody know what day?
    November 13th is release day, Japan is also getting the typical physical release if you want to import.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I can't unsee the image of cherry blossoms and general kawai-ness after hearing that people thought it sounded like music from a magic girl anime.
    Interesting...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Masuda still does all the battle music, actually. Ichinose did most of everything else, I don't think there's a specific type of music he focused on. I didn't watch the credits too closely though, I find it hard to believe he did nothing. He was one the first musicians to join Masuda back in Second Gen.
    Well, yes. Masuda still does battle themes. Also, apparently he is not the Sound Director in this game... Also, I've checked and I can confirm that Go Ichinose did not compose any music in this game at all. Nor he is mentioned at the Staff Credits at all.

Anyway, speaking of end credits, the second song that plays and the part that has the poem, it's obviously the lyrics to the songs. I tried to sing the French lyrics (in my head) alongside the main melody and it actually fits perfectly. I was kinda expecting that the credits will have vocals, but probably the OST will have that.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Well, yes. Masuda still does battle themes. Also, apparently he is not the Sound Director in this game... Also, I've checked and I can confirm that Go Ichinose did not compose any music in this game at all. Nor he is mentioned at the Staff Credits at all.
    That's very strange, now I want to know what happened to him.

I love the Snowbelle City theme. It has that sad feeling, but at the same time it's really beautiful and it gives you the feeling that your adventure is coming to a close. Also, if you go in a house in Snowbelle City, somebody will play a city theme from Sinnoh (I think it's Veilstone City) that gives me a winter/Christmas feel.
    3DS Name: Phoebe
    3DS FC: 0602-6757-2575
    FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

I have claimed Dragonite!

5 IV Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by XGallade View Post

I generally like all themes in this game besides maybe route 7. Although I might just be sick of it after all that breeding I did. xD
    my god... my new fav. game song...

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

Quote Originally Posted by XGallade View Post

Pretty nice, I always wondered how a vocal version would sound.

I liked the music that plays on that very short path between the first town in the game and where you meet your friends for the first time. Too bad it's used only once and in that very short part.

Default It's a very good Soundtrack!

My two favourites off the top of my head are:

Cyllage City - It's just... man, I want to say swag, even though it's not swag, but it's just super chill and awesome

Team Flare Battle! - Not quite as imposing as Team Plasma's but a bit more energetic which is nice
    "It rained the day I was born." "You were the lightning in that rain".

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast