Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization Thread

...I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that this is the first (set of) game(s) we get with customization. Of course there aren't going to be a million choices for us to pick from; GF's testing the waters. I'm sure that in subsequent games we will get more.

The only thing that surprises me is that GF didn't go down the 'gimmick' route very much. In other words, there aren't clothes from characters in the anime (Ash's outfits, Misty's outfit) or more Pokemon-themed ones.
        Spoiler:- Past Gen Teams:

X: Greninja, Meowstic (F), ,
    X Post-game Team:
    Alpha Sapphire: (Pending)

Quote Originally Posted by Squeevee View Post
    ...I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that this is the first (set of) game(s) we get with customization. Of course there aren't going to be a million choices for us to pick from; GF's testing the waters. I'm sure that in subsequent games we will get more.

The only thing that surprises me is that GF didn't go down the 'gimmick' route very much. In other words, there aren't clothes from characters in the anime (Ash's outfits, Misty's outfit) or more Pokemon-themed ones.
    True, it is hard to forget that. Considering that this is the first game with customization, it is impressive--but it still leaves room for improvement, which I guess is natural for the first games in a new generation. It's usually the latter games that fill in the cracks, so that we look forward to new content.

I'm grateful for not having a gimmicky set of clothing options. Just imagining that makes me cringe.
    X Team:

αS Team:

3DS FC: 5472-7644-7605

I'm just disappointed that there seems to be a lot of items coded into the game but you still can't use them, like some hats, glasses and more that NPCs wear or things that are just randomly displayed in the different stores. What's up with that. They say to express your style but I can't even wear glasses like I do in real life. That's pretty silly... Otherwise it's not that bad. I mean I bought every clothing item there is to buy...

Yup I'm weird.
    Credit: ico

I agree with you, I feel like there is so much more things we could custom about our character, maybe it will come as DLC later :s
    Some NPC have really cool outfits (like the Kimono Girls) I wish I could buy and wear as well ^^

What about height and weight.

Oh well, my friend said those clothes from the Lumiose Boutique suck. I seem to like them, but if I leave my 3DS, he just goes and changes my clothes. He likes the original clothes, without the sunglasses and socks. Well I guess some people have different tastes.
    X Dex: 719/719.
    OR Dex: Starts Jan 2.

3DS Name: Imran
    IGN (X): Imran
    IGN (OR): You decide!
    FC: 4356-0251-3424.

Wi-Fi is currently down. Can't trade now, sorry.

Heigh and weight maybe a little difficult to add, it would mean more work on modelizing (I hope this is the right word) clothes and everything, making different characters... But it would be nice to have something like this features (event if we have to chose between 2 sizes)

Yeah the modelling would be hard and all.

Wish there was something to change you skin colour. Possibly tanning or face treatments.
    But only reasonable skin colour. I don't wanna go look like a zombie in the game or Wi-Fi battles.

And I really wish you could wear those sunglasses. It'd look cool in PR Videos.

When I bought the game I thought we could change skin color during the adventures (to one of the two other basic skintones), it would have been nice if GF did something this this :s
    I also wish we could change the character's expression in the PSS (like smiling, winking etc..)

I too was a bit disappointed of the limited choice of clothes that we had in the game....
    But as everyone here said, this was the first game implementing the customization feature, so I'm sure that in the Z version (and surely gen 7) we will be given more clothes to wear.
    In any case I guess in my next playthrough in XY I'll chose Serena, just to see how would I look like if I was a girl. LOL
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

What annoys me about customization is the fact boys get so few clothing choices than girls.

And that I couldn't buy the girl outfits! It's my pokédollars damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drawingum View Post
    When I bought the game I thought we could change skin color during the adventures (to one of the two other basic skintones), it would have been nice if GF did something this this :s
    Why would you think that? It's not a tan, it's the skin tone. It's not like the character is Michael Jackson. They made it so you could play an avatar close to your (or desired) skin tone. I was so happy they put that in that I legit took time out to appreciate it as a feature.

In terms of the set skin tone getting darker/light, that would be best utilized with the return of the seasons. Considering there aren't any in Kalos, there really was no point for that.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Funny story: For the longest time, I didn't know you could remove the accessory category item. As for character themed clothing, here's a recipe to look something like Red:

Red Logo Cap
    Red Striped Shirt Combo
    Blue Skinny Jeans
    White Ankle Socks
    Red Sneakers
    Brown Vinyl Messenger Bag

I definitely see a resemblance when I do that. If someone else can post a picture of that for me, I'd appreciate it.

But I have to agree! the guys get next to nothing clothing wise. I'm disappointed to say that the only reason I didn't have all the clothes before clearing the game was because the Bamboo sprig hat isn't available until then and that I didn't feel like shelling out a crapton more money for another color of something from Lumiose boutique. There was so much missed potential.
    Some days you stand and fight. Other days the best answer is clearly to FLY AWAY. and then there's those days where you just make like a Camerupt and don't give a single darn.

We also could use more hairstyles for the male character as well. I mean, i'm a fan of the medium perm and all, but I think some new hairstyles are in order. Also, how about just a few more hair colors? Plus I want normal glasses that I can actually put on my face. Just some ideas.
    My Shiny Card
    Most Recent Shiny:
    Bruh... - 7 Eggs (Dang...)

I have claimed Pumpkaboo!
    ~be who you are, not what other people tell you to be

As far as clothing goes for the male trainers. There was really only two things that I wanted that the female trainers got. An option for long hair, and the long trenchcoat.

I do love the contact lenses though. I wonder why other similar games don't have an option such as this?
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

And NPC hair styles and clothes like they put on the online game?

That'd be a nice idea.

What I would love: a long hairstyle for girls that didn't have that stupid little ponytail in the back at the very bottom. It is so pointless and irritating for me

I do love that in the Lumiose Badlands, your hair blows around like it would in real life. I just think that is a really cool touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeevee View Post
    Actually it's not the first game with customization. I believe that distinction belongs to Pokemon Battle Revolution. Speaking of which I wish they would bring back the pokemon costumes and other cool pieces of clothing in X and Y. I liked the Groudon costume and many of the "looks" you could get in that game.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    Actually it's not the first game with customization. I believe that distinction belongs to Pokemon Battle Revolution. Speaking of which I wish they would bring back the pokemon costumes and other cool pieces of clothing in X and Y. I liked the Groudon costume and many of the "looks" you could get in that game.
    Yeah, I personally don't care for the Slurpuff Dress, and I wish girls could have gotten the Pangoro hat. There should be more pokemon themed clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Yeah, I personally don't care for the Slurpuff Dress, and I wish girls could have gotten the Pangoro hat. There should be more pokemon themed clothes.
    There definitely should have been a headband with a horn attached to it in the shape of Absol's.

Also they should have made a Jynx dress for girls and Mr Mime outfit for guys. Just so you can dress your character like a freakshow.
    OMG, and a metal armour in the shape of Aggron's iron plates. Would be so cool. And it should make your footsteps sound like metal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    It's PBR that makes me wonder why we can't obtain NPC outfits here :<

Though I guess the boss outfits were designed specifically to be worn by the basic characters...

I still want that Kalos Ranger's outfit...
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 2nd April 2014 at 4:59 AM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

All I want is the option to remove the hat. I don't care if I look like the rival if I were to play as the opposite gender. I don't like hats.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    All I want is the option to remove the hat. I don't care if I look like the rival if I were to play as the opposite gender. I don't like hats.
    Came in here to post just this, while it's not that I like hats, I'd just like to have the option, I quite like my char when I get to see him without the hat after a haircut.

This would also open up to more hair choices, if you could take it off.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Quote Originally Posted by imran3 View Post
    Oh well, my friend said those clothes from the Lumiose Boutique suck.
    The only one of those clothes I like is the fedora, and I don't have enough money to buy it.
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    --------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Quote Originally Posted by ShachonianX View Post
    The only one of those clothes I like is the fedora, and I don't have enough money to buy it.
    Really? my trainer is pretty much dressed straight from the Luminose boutique. I love the clothes there for the most part.

Pokemon x trainer.jpg
    Last edited by Nightshade Aran; 14th April 2014 at 2:20 AM.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

The male characters need more clothes. I want my character to look more unique. I've done pretty well with what the game already offers, but still. I know there have been complaints like mine. I've always thought they may release more clothes or something through an update. That's why I didn't mind the dex being so low...I figured there would be a lot of event pokemon to come out via wifi. Maybe more clothes will still happen.
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

Surprisingly, I put together an outfit from stuff bought in Lumiose that is nearly identical to an outfit that I already wear in real life. As for the clothing, one way to fix the issue would be to have several different layers of clothing and just have a color option to them. Like for instance, instead of buying that black or white open shirt in Lumiose, why not just have an option to buy the default color (which could be black), and then having an option to switch to a different color (for free) in the dressing room? That would add a lot more variety to the clothing options (especially for males, who seem to have been shafted in customization options). The Pangoro hat should have been unisex as there is nothing about it that really says "male only". Same for the trenchcoat (the male veteran trainers got to wear them in 5th generation, while the gambler trainers from Sinnoh also wore them). I don't know why only female trainers get to have it.

Honestly, and this is just a hypothesis, part of the reason why males seemed to get shafted in terms of character customization options (as opposed to the females) comes from the social norms of society. Males are not supposed to be about fashion and style. The females are. Men are supposed to only have the extreme basics to get by. Long hair and "stylish" outfits are unmanly, while the perm is "pushing it". And these aren't the rules that I made up, you see them every day. Often in many jobs, the male must have a clean shaven face and "crew-cut" hairstyle, while the woman is allowed to have extremely long hair.

My very first job was like that. I wanted long ebony locks, but company policy wouldn't allow it. Meanwhile, my female counterparts had hair that went down to their knees. Even at work many years later, I still occasionally get a couple of coworkers asking me if I will cut my hair, saying that I am "unmanly" and that because I'm a guy, I can't have long hair. It's almost ironic how 6th gen is supposed to be about "style and beauty" yet it also seems lacking and restrictive at the same time...

But I digress. Here's hoping that "Pokémon Z" or whatever Gamefreak calls the third game will have more options...
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast