Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vedil View Post
    I believe the two additional styles unlock after defeating team Flare? Somewhere around that they unlocked for me.

Also! There is a guy in Kiloude City that gives you a special clothing item if you dress up in a way he needs (he needs a reference for a painting or something) and then talk to him. I got a dress that looks like a Slurpuff (I believe that guys get a Pangoro hat... I want that too :c )
    I beat the game and i only have 4 hairstyles
    3DS Code : 4957-3413-2591

Oh! I see. That makes sense, thank you for clearing that up! (:

Awww man, I was totally getting my hopes up for getting rid of my hat. Oh well! ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    I beat the game and i only have 4 hairstyles
    Hmmm, that was a guess... so I suppose, maybe you need to get your hair cut many times? I did it a lot, so that may be the case.

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

I never worked at the hotel and I got into the lumios botique. I talked to alexa at the press plaace in lumios, battled 2 alley trianers, got one roller blading trick and did the one star restaurant.
    I got Pokemon Y. PM me if you add me: 2680-9926-9399.

It seems strange that they report the trainer customisation as a feature and yet impose some ridiculous limitations. Far as I can tell there are about 5 hairstyles per gender (I don't know if there are anymore you can unlock) and you seem to be limited to only 5 hair colours.
    You'd think there'd be as much variation as the clothes have.

EDIT: Wasn't it said that Diantha was involved in trainer customization at some point in the game?
    Last edited by Sir_Adamus; 14th October 2013 at 7:27 PM.

I loooove the customizations, but it's so limited for me right now. Only 4 hairstyles and still can't get into Lumiore Boutique. I'm at the pokemon league now. :c
    I need friends for Pokemon X. Please add me and shoot me a message so I know to add you back.
    3652-1054-2240
    Now at 88/100 3DS friends. REALLY wish there wasn't this pointless limit.

I wish there were curly hair options. My character looks like a black man with a perm. Le sigh. GF there are different hair texttures besides straight
    3ds FC: 4124-5399-8900

Froakie Master Race!!

Okay, so I been looking and looking for this stuff. How to remove hat, how to get more hair styles/colors and all I've found is apparently you can't remove the hat, which is kind of dumb imo. It seems to hold true so far, I have seen people without, I think what I found out is apparently they are using default trainer appearances, which I don't know how/where to get those either. I seen purple hair person and I want unique colors, but I think he's using a psychic trainer look, dunno how he did that either tho.

I have read about restyling the hair a lot and tried that, I got a Medium Perm hairstyle(for male, I have a male trainer), and it is kind of like the Medium hairstyle but it curls outward a bit at the ends, if I knew a good way to screenshot I would. I have been using the Style and Color option, and dropped about 50k before she told me "Hello... ... ... Oh! S-sorry! Oh... Silly me... <Trainer>, you look so great... I was mesmerized by you... Ahem... Let me collect myself first... What would you like today?" and proceeded as usual, but when told her Styling and Color and approved the cost, when we began she told me she came up with a new style that was perfect for me or something.

Since then I spent like 100k on restyling and color, and never got a new color, nor any new styles. I always said "Surprise me!" in hopes that helped, dunno if it did, I also hoped maybe appearing before her with certain color/style combos might help, again, not sure if that's what did it or just the spending threshold. Being as I never got a new color, could probably spend half as much just on style changes. I also have noticed since getting the new style when I choose "Surprise me!" I never get the new Medium Perm style, dunno how relevant that is tho.

I'm pretty sad this game boasted trainer customization, and yet it is so lacking. When I chose orange hair, I wanted like a fiery orange like I see many opponent trainers with, but it's a fairly dull ordinary orange... And I remember in older games seeing trainers with green, blue, purple hairs, and even in this game I've seen enemy trainers with purple, bright red, bright orange and many more exotic colors, there should be more styles too. I still wanna know where we might find these default trainer appearances... I keep talking to every person around in hopes of finding it. If I do, you can bet I'll post it here. This is the information I seek most and no one seems to really have it...

Also, if there are 5 styles, how might we get the 5th? Is it just a lot a lot more buying restyles?
    Last edited by Wolfswift; 14th October 2013 at 8:30 PM.

The deafult pictures are under the profile bit of the PSS and you tap your image and you can select various images.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

I just saved up some Pokedollars (I only have 4 badges) to buy a super awesome set of clothes at the Lumiose boutique.
    It cost 280.000 in total, bargaining O-Power does not seem to work for boutiques.

Anyways, because the set looks extremely stylish together, I spent nearly an hour doing an extremely high-production value trainer PR video.
    If anyone wants to see it, PM me your Friendcode, I will PM you back.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    The deafult pictures are under the profile bit of the PSS and you tap your image and you can select various images.
    Ah! I see, this is indeed how I seen people without hats and with purple hair and everything. And it doesn't actually change how you look walking around and such, just what people see your icon as on the PSS... sad... I was hoping it was like costumey things you could actually put on and that might be kind of cool, and that you might be able to customize those a bit too or something, well another hope shattered... no new colors or styles unlocked with these... So back to... if there are 5 hairstyles, how to get the 5th... gonna keep trying restyling a bit I guess... really want more exotic colors too... The hairstylist even has black hair with blonde bangs, that's cool, why can't we do something like that...

I think we should have what is considered 'stylish' by Boutique Couture and the Lost Hotel man in the OP. mainly for me

I've just cut my hair. The long hair is cool, but I'm very eager to distance myself from the default trainer's clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I've just cut my hair. The long hair is cool, but I'm very eager to distance myself from the default trainer's clothes.
    LONG?! How'd you get it? Or did you mean the medium cut? Is it more and more long time spent getting it cut in hopes of a new one being introduced? Or did you mean female haircuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I think we should have what is considered 'stylish' by Boutique Couture and the Lost Hotel man in the OP. mainly for me

To get into the Boutqiue, you need to do stuff in Luminose city. Battling trainers in the alleyway, completing the one and two star restaurants, making a video, wearing contacts and a new hairstyle, working at the hotel, etc.

Getting to see the Boss in the Lost Hotel requires knowing all the previous roller skate tricks from the skaters in Luminose city before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfswift View Post
    LONG?! How'd you get it? Or did you mean the medium cut? Is it more and more long time spent getting it cut in hopes of a new one being introduced? Or did you mean female haircuts?
    He's most likely referring female haircuts. They come in four default lengths-Long, Medium, Bobbed (think something similar to HG/SS Sabrina), and Short. Personally, medium is my favorite so far but I think we can unlock twintails eventually which would be awesome.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Ok I have tried everything i could think of to get into the luminose boutique place and still nothing can someone give me a full list of what I have to do to get in there?

Quote Originally Posted by JChaosW View Post
    Ok I have tried everything i could think of to get into the luminose boutique place and still nothing can someone give me a full list of what I have to do to get in there?
    battle at the 1 and 2 star resturants, battle the people in the alleys, shoot a pr video do a job at the hotel

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3148-2744
    PM me if you want to exchange

Okay, so I reloaded my game to before I unlocked the Medium Perm at the Hair Stylist, and I did all just "Style"(1,500 pokedollars each) and no color, it cost exactly half as a much as when I did all Style and Color option(3000 pokedollars each), and I never changed hair color, so it wasn't some combination of style and color that set her off at a random point, both times I calculated the price around the same area, I wasn't exact though, but I think it was about 20 or 21 appointments there. So I think I can say males unlock the Medium Perm hairstyle by having about 20 restyling appointments. I haven't reloaded and tried if just changing color would unlock a new style, but I know using "Style" and "Style and Color" appointments both unlocked it in about the same number of times.

I am almost certain it was 20 appointments, and it was on my 21st appointment that she offered it. I don't know if a female hairstyle unlocks the same way, since they start with one more(4 styles) or so I heard from a few posts above. But I am happy I have unlocked the exact method for this hairstyle, now I need to find out how to get more hairstyles, someone said there were 5 hairstyles for males and I have only 4 now.
    Last edited by Wolfswift; 14th October 2013 at 9:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykel22 View Post
    battle at the 1 and 2 star resturants, battle the people in the alleys, shoot a pr video do a job at the hotel
    Finally got in after doing all that talking with Alexa and getting my hair styled thanks.

Has anyone found a scarf, somewhere in any boutique ?
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Oh, I forgot, when she began offering me a new style, not only did she greet me differently when I talk to her just after entering, saying "Hello... ... ... Oh! S-sorry! Oh... Silly me... <Trainer>, you look so great... I was mesmerized by you... Ahem... Let me collect myself first... What would you like today?" when I selected my option and got in the chair she said "Oh! I have special styles that suit you perfectly, <Trainer>." even though there was only 1 new style, so I'm sure there are others, but before, using the "Style and Color" option I burned about 200k more after unlocking the first new style and never got another new one. She did once say something like "Even though we're just hair stylist and customer, it feels like something more..." or something like that, making me wonder, with the new greeting she gives after 20 appointments saying she's mesmerized by you, is she falling in love with you? Or just really good friends after so many appointments? Maybe it's relevant toward working toward another style? Like marking a halfway point or something. Either way I ran out of money and reloaded to try using just "Style" only appointments, since it's cheaper and found that worked, hooray!
    Last edited by Wolfswift; 14th October 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfswift View Post
    Oh, I forgot, when she began offering me a new style, not only did she greet me differently when I talk to her just after entering, saying "Hello... ... ... Oh! S-sorry! Oh... Silly me... <Trainer>, you look so great... I was mesmerized by you... Ahem... Let me collect myself first... What would you like today?" when I selected my option and got in the chair she said "Oh! I have special styles that suit you perfectly, <Trainer>." even though there was only 1 new style, so I'm sure there are others, but before, using the "Style and Color" option I burned about 200k more after unlocking the first new style and never got another new one. !
    I'm sorry, but you wasted a lot of cash.

I unlocked the medium perm hair style simply by dressing in expensive clothes from the boutique. I had had one hair cut and color change before hand. I think your characters style is directly related to the cost and extent of your customization items.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/customisation.shtml The main site has updated with most of the trainer customization options, however it's only the male chlothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Boss Alessandro View Post
    I'm sorry, but you wasted a lot of cash.

I unlocked the medium perm hair style simply by dressing in expensive clothes from the boutique. I had had one hair cut and color change before hand. I think your characters style is directly related to the cost and extent of your customization items.
    I threw down about 30k, it sounds like you spent a few hundred thousand, and I wasted a lot of cash? Besides, from what I hear the boutique place is a royal pain to get in to. And the clothes I've heard described from there just sound really absurdly fancy, and I don't feel like looking like some hoity toity rich guy just because. Although I am wearing mostly red items, that may have something to do with it, it might be harder for someone wearing many colors, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rng View Post
    Green knit cap

Close enough
    Sweeeeeeet.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast