Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization Thread

I have a lot of fun with this feature. I just got the Slurpuff dress, but havent worn it, Im attached to my favorite outfit, which is the Black Trenchcoat Dress(that I payed basically all my money for) black tights, black lace up boots, Brown Fedora, with a black Feather accessory and a purple purse. I have brown eye contacts and tried out the short hairstyle for the first time which works well with the whole outfit. It bugs me there is no Black Fedora for girls but brown works I guess.

I do not like that you need to wear a hat. Seriously not everyone wears a hat in real life, so I dont see why we have to in game and also it bugs me that they wont actually let you wear sunglasses on your eyes, they're always on the hat. Im not expecting them to fix this either :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I have a lot of fun with this feature. I just got the Slurpuff dress, but havent worn it, Im attached to my favorite outfit, which is the Black Trenchcoat Dress(that I payed basically all my money for) black tights, black lace up boots, Brown Fedora, with a black Feather accessory and a purple purse. I have brown eye contacts and tried out the short hairstyle for the first time which works well with the whole outfit. It bugs me there is no Black Fedora for girls but brown works I guess.

I do not like that you need to wear a hat. Seriously not everyone wears a hat in real life, so I dont see why we have to in game and also it bugs me that they wont actually let you wear sunglasses on your eyes, they're always on the hat. Im not expecting them to fix this either :/
    What really bugs me is how female characters have more variety in this subject than male characters. I was expecting a better ration... Well, next time I'll for sure choose the female one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I agree with this. What confuses me is that your character is consistently seen without a hat when you're getting a haircut - so since a hatless main character was modeled, why isn't it attainable in-game? The only reason I can think of is something regarding the programming that would lead to glitches, but wearing/not wearing a hat seems like something minor enough to not cause any trouble. And speaking of the sunglasses, I gotta say that I don't really like any of the female versions per se. Around the only interesting hat decorations are the star pins, but I don't wear even those too much. Thank goodness you can take away accessories xD

Anyway, I've been having a good time changing my hairstyle randomly. It's fun to see what you get - I recently unlocked ponytail and pigtails, and ended up with bright blonde pigtails. Would change that, but I need to do some more Battle Chateau stuff to earn more money (spent over 400k on clothing lol). One of my only complaints about this feature, aside from what I said above, is that the range of feminine tops is really kind of limited, at least for my style. There comes a point where, being the overly-immersed player I am, I'd like to dress my character in a long-sleeved shirt or turtleneck, but literally everything is short-sleeved except for some dresses, which I'm not a particular fan of anyway. It is interesting to experiment with combinations, though, especially since I've got virtually all the colors for skinny jeans and fedoras.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

The customization system seems pretty awesome, great to have some personalized characters instead of all being exactly the same. Really works well with all the multiplayer in the game.

It sucks how male characters got shafted in pretty much every part of customization. So much less variety... especially when it comes to people who want a specific color scheme like I do (Blue, Black, and White). There are even weird color combinations like Aqua and Pink (on the aqua Hoodie) or Navy Blue and Orange (on the navy blue Zipped Jacket).

Right now, I am sporting the white Knit Cap, aqua Striped Shirt Combo, the basic blue Skinny Jeans, the basic black Ankle Socks, the blue Sneakers, the black Vinyl Messenger Bag, and the black Feather Accessory. I really wish there was more variety in choice... I like some other stuff like the aqua Down Jacket, the gray Plaid Shirt Combo, the white Zipped Shirt Combo, the blue Cuffed Jeans, the basic black Short Boots, and the black and aqua Two-Tone Bags, but really, the variety in shades is missing. The color of the clothes are dull in my opinion.
    Mackinz, friend of Torchics
    3DS Friend Code:
    Timothy
    3711 - 8159 - 5731
    Psychic
    Munna - Wobbuffet - Xatu

FC:0189 8573 9833

You need to be stylish to get clothes... That makes sense! Also, doing hotel works makes you more stylish... Okay, what?

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonFRguy View Post
    It sucks how male characters got shafted in pretty much every part of customization. So much less variety... especially when it comes to people who want a specific color scheme like I do (Blue, Black, and White). There are even weird color combinations like Aqua and Pink (on the aqua Hoodie) or Navy Blue and Orange (on the navy blue Zipped Jacket).

Right now, I am sporting the white Knit Cap, aqua Striped Shirt Combo, the basic blue Skinny Jeans, the basic black Ankle Socks, the blue Sneakers, the black Vinyl Messenger Bag, and the black Feather Accessory. I really wish there was more variety in choice... I like some other stuff like the aqua Down Jacket, the gray Plaid Shirt Combo, the white Zipped Shirt Combo, the blue Cuffed Jeans, the basic black Short Boots, and the black and aqua Two-Tone Bags, but really, the variety in shades is missing. The color of the clothes are dull in my opinion.
    i get what you mean. i don't know why males cannot get more customisation. shorts would be greatly appreciated. i hope we get dlc clothes, that would be good.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Why are we forced to wear hats also?
    X FC - 2466 2718 3484 I'm a fighter (^^,) - Pancham, Meinfoo and Rilou

While I was excited for this at first, I've reached Snowbelle and I haven't bought any clothing.

I check the shops every single day, and I find literally nothing that I like for Males.

I hate the amazing variety Males have.

I really enjoy the Trainer Customizations the only real problem I have with it is how the males get the short end of the stick in terms of options but that seems to be the case in most games that you can customize you character.
    FC 2964-9758-0893.
    Electric Safari with Pikachu, Electrode and Zebstrika
    Feel free to add me

The main Serebii.net site says the Red Fedora is available at Lumiose Boutique on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Today is Saturday, yet they only had the Black and Grey Fedoras. If the site is wrong, then where CAN I get a Red Fedora?
    Last edited by DKN117; 30th November 2013 at 6:21 PM.
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4597-0632-8038
    X & Y FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON: Paras, Masquerain, Venomoth

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by KatoZee View Post
    It is law that all the protagonists have to wear hats.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Chema View Post
    I really enjoy the Trainer Customizations the only real problem I have with it is how the males get the short end of the stick in terms of options but that seems to be the case in most games that you can customize you character.
    I disagree. I feel like the guys had better options with the customization, especially with the inclusion of the Pancham hat.
    Currently hunting: Shiny Houndour
    Shinies found:
    > >> >
    1478-4248-0366 || My safari is water:

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29cqqlj.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Astral Shadow. :3

*laughs evilly* And this is belated revenge for the guys actually being playable characters throughout the entire series, instead of from Crystal onward like us!

You guys don't want to look like yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Chema View Post
    Ironic isn't it? This franchise started off where girls can't even play as a female character, now they get more customization options than guys.

Really hoping for some customization DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawlucha Libre View Post
    Really hoping for some customization DLC.
    This.
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could get clothes that look like gym leaders' in a DLC!? Or even previous player controlled characters (i.e. May, or Lucas).

This probably won't happen, but I can dream can't I?

Also I wish I could wear glasses on my eyes, not on top of my hat.
    Black: 4513-4344-4910Black2: 4256-1602-05583DSY&AS: 0087-2812-5536
    PURE RANDOM ENCOUNTER SHINIES

8/23/08 1/15/09 11/5/13 12/1/13 12/14/13 7/12/14 7/27/1410/17/1412/8/14

I was looking forward to the customisation feature, but yeah... playing as male character it's pretty underwhelming. I've looked around in the stores, but there's barely anything in there that makes me want to wear it over my regular clothes. Very disappointed.

Really like this feature though!

This feature is nice but there needs to be more improvement. some ideas would be:
    The option to go hatless
    have glasses on your face and not just on top of your hat
    different styes of glasses ex. black shades
    hats from around the world; top hat ,cowboy hat,etc
    more clothes for guys
    Clothes from different countries; Kimonos, 60s bell bottoms etc..

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    It is law that all the protagonists have to wear hats.
    Hatlessness is the equivalent of public indecency for the protagonist.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by KatoZee View Post
    I'm not bothered by this, but it makes the haircuts pretty pointless. They gave us customisation options, but they limited somethings too much. oh well, maybe they can improve on that next time.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    I'm not bothered by this, but it makes the haircuts pretty pointless. They gave us customisation options, but they limited somethings too much. oh well, maybe they can improve on that next time.
    for girl trainer it doesn't really matter, but yeah, I can see the problem for boy trainer.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast