Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Trainer Customization Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    The customisation is good, but there's so much that could be improved for a more unique experience.

For one thing, why not let us choose a height/model like you could in battle revolution? I'd rather be as tall as the adults (or close to it) than look like a ten-year-old.
    Second, hair colours. Give use a slider or something, cause I want to be able to have hair in the same colours as other characters in the game!
    Third, glasses. I don't want my sunglasses to always be on my hat! Let me wear them properly! And add real glasses, for that matter. I'm not even a glasses wearer IRL and I want that! Oh, and a monacle!
    Fourth would be the ability to REMOVE THAT HAT. I'd look so much nicer without it.
    And finally, more clothing options overall. I was hoping the coupon release meant they'd also give a patch with more options. I like my classy lumiose boutique stuff but they're always the same clothes and it's really dull.
    I agree. The height thing bothers me. I can't wear the boots because they look stupid when they come halfway up her legs.
    The hair colors are kind of boring. So few options.

I find that I liked a couple styles of clothes in the game. The short jacket in santalune city and one type of shirt in Laverre city (sorry if I can't spell).

I feel like there should be more color options for things. I go to a store two or three times and suddenly there is nothing else for me to but :P
    ~~What I what/can trade is listed here! (My Trade Shop)~~

Looking For:
    Shiny Legendaries ()
    Event Pokemon
    Celebrate /

Shiny Lotad/evolution with ID: 11142 and OT: Jasmine (I can give something good)

Offering:
    Events, Legendaries
    5-6IVs: Ask for list
    Shiny: Check my Shop for list
    6IV , 6IV , 5IV , 6IV SHINY
    Shiny Legends: , Terrakion, and possibly more
    Various Legendaries

Other things as well

PM me!
    Need I say I only want legit pokemon?

Adding customization was a big improvement in my eyes. Finally we don't have to play as the standard design character. Having the ability to choose skin, hair, and eye color is great, and I hope it continues in later installments. This was the first time for customizing in handheld Pokemon games, and I think they gave decent choices. I wouldn't mind a little bit of more variety, i.e. in the style of PBR, but I digress. It would also be nice if A.) boys got more options and B.) girls didn't have such, well, girly choices. I prefer tomboy-ish styles personally, at least casual stuff instead of dresses, but that's just me. It might be because I styled my girl a little bit like me with the skin color and hairstyle. Anyway, I'm generally impressed with this option.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

i like the cusomation,but the only thing that would make it better is that,you could wear lysandres goggles after beating him
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Quote Originally Posted by swampertlover5712 View Post
    Adding customization was a big improvement in my eyes. Finally we don't have to play as the standard design character. Having the ability to choose skin, hair, and eye color is great, and I hope it continues in later installments. This was the first time for customizing in handheld Pokemon games, and I think they gave decent choices. I wouldn't mind a little bit of more variety, i.e. in the style of PBR, but I digress. It would also be nice if A.) boys got more options and B.) girls didn't have such, well, girly choices. I prefer tomboy-ish styles personally, at least casual stuff instead of dresses, but that's just me. It might be because I styled my girl a little bit like me with the skin color and hairstyle. Anyway, I'm generally impressed with this option.
    Can you change your skin color partway thorough?
    Along those lines, I wish there was a lighter brown skin color. It went from pale to less pale to dark, dark brown.
    I would love to see different hair colors and more eye colors, less traditional ones.
    I agree about the clothing. it was all a little preppy for my taste. Maybe it will change though, because this game was based off France.

Can't wait to see what the next boutique sells (just beat gym 7)!
    ~~What I what/can trade is listed here! (My Trade Shop)~~

Looking For:
    Shiny Legendaries ()
    Event Pokemon
    Celebrate /

Shiny Lotad/evolution with ID: 11142 and OT: Jasmine (I can give something good)

Offering:
    Events, Legendaries
    5-6IVs: Ask for list
    Shiny: Check my Shop for list
    6IV , 6IV , 5IV , 6IV SHINY
    Shiny Legends: , Terrakion, and possibly more
    Various Legendaries

Other things as well

PM me!
    Need I say I only want legit pokemon?

No, the only time to set the skin color is at the beginning of the game when you initially create your character. Anything else--hairstyle, color, and eyes--can be changed in the changing rooms and salon respectively. Also, there's the other options for the PR videos, but they only show in the video.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Luckily I hadn't bought any of the expensive Lumiose items yet so the Discount Coupon came in handy! I snapped up a trench coat. What's everyone else bought with it? I'm kinda disappointed it's a one time use.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Something~Kinda~Ooooh View Post
    Luckily I hadn't bought any of the expensive Lumiose items yet so the Discount Coupon came in handy! I snapped up a trench coat. What's everyone else bought with it? I'm kinda disappointed it's a one time use.
    It's a one-time use? Awwwww.

Figures, it'd be hilariously overpowered if it was permanent...

It is? Now I have even less reason to go pick one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I still have my Discount Coupon.

If anyone wants it, feel free to VM me.

Here are my 3 best styles:
        Spoiler:- 1:

Gotta say that trainer customisation was an ace move on Game Freak's move. Probably the best part of the games, next to making the move from sprites to 3D.

That said, the inability to remove your hat was a dumb move.
    Last edited by JohnGazmon; 19th January 2014 at 6:08 PM.
    Pokemon Y
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 213 | Time: 20:19

Pokemon X
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 208 | Time: 14:51

3DS Friend Code - 3024 - 6764 - 1919
    Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba, Volbeat, Pinsir

Literally the only things I have left to buy are Fedoras. And I don't like them, so my Discount Coupon is useless.

I tried to trade it away, but I think it is untradable.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post
    I tried to trade it away, but I think it is untradable.
    Is it? That's odd; it's an irreplaceable event item, but seeing as how it's consumable and really unnecessary for progression, I'm not sure why it would be restricted. Though, I guess the same applies to the Master Ball...

Is it restricted to just WiFi trades, or between Friends as well? I'd check myself, but the GTS is under maintenance, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Is it? That's odd; it's an irreplaceable event item, but seeing as how it's consumable and really unnecessary for progression, I'm not sure why it would be restricted. Though, I guess the same applies to the Master Ball...

Is it restricted to just WiFi trades, or between Friends as well? I'd check myself, but the GTS is under maintenance, I think.
    It was a trade with a friend over Wi-Fi. It gave me a message like "There is a Pokemon in your party that cannot be traded."

This was despite the Pokemon being in my PC and all others would trade just fine. I even put the Coupon on a different Pokemon and tried. Same thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

So, as for most of you who played X and Y, does any any of you have advice as to how you can make yourself look either an old college student through clothes available in the game? Because I'm currently college student.

While the protagonists are like 16 years old in their standard clothing as to how I see them, with the correct kind of clothing, you can make yourself either look like a young teenager (10-12 years old) or a young adult (19-26 years old). I need a feashion designer the moment I get my own copy of X and Y
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 20th January 2014 at 3:06 PM.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    So, as for most of you who played X and Y, does any any of you have advice as to how you can make yourself look either an old college student through clothes available in the game? Because I'm currently college student.

While the protagonists are like 16 years old in their standard clothing as to how I see them, with the correct kind of clothing, you can make yourself either look like a young teenager (10-12 years old) or a young adult (19-26 years old). I need a feashion designer the moment I get my own copy of X and Y
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/customisation.shtml

That should give you some idea of what you can get your hands on. Not too sure about looking younger - T-shirts, jeans etc probably. Older Student look could be filled by the smarter clothing.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Ok, so joining the bad team every gen has never been a thing and probably never will, but with the whole customization thing at least you could buy the outfits? Maybe even get some dialogue changes like when you sneak into the Team Rocket hideout in HG/SS? Honestly, though, even if you had to beat the game before you could buy them it would still be awesome. Also, more clothes options for guys in general and more Pokemon-themed clothes (along the lines of the Pangoro hat and Slurpuff dress, not t-shirts with Pokemon on them)
    I find your lack of PerfectWorldShipping disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by candycanecat View Post
    Ok, so joining the bad team every gen has never been a thing and probably never will, but with the whole customization thing at least you could buy the outfits? Maybe even get some dialogue changes like when you sneak into the Team Rocket hideout in HG/SS? Honestly, though, even if you had to beat the game before you could buy them it would still be awesome. Also, more clothes options for guys in general and more Pokemon-themed clothes (along the lines of the Pangoro hat and Slurpuff dress, not t-shirts with Pokemon on them)
    I was seriously surprised that this wasn't the case. Honestly, the scope for customisation is broad but they've been quite tight-fisted in what you can actually have. Why stop at Team Flare? Why not include a Team Rocket getup? Or Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma/BW2 Plasma getup?

That I can't use items seen on in-game NPCs, such as the outfits used by the Veterans, Ace Trainers and Rangers, is also disappointing. Given that - outside of Event Monsters - Pokemon doesn't really do DLC, I guess we'll just have to wait for Z and see if that brings additional customisations with it.

Not too sure about Pokemon outfits though :P
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by candycanecat View Post
    It seems to me that Gamefreak heavily discourages it, since you can't even choose Lyssandre as an icon to your profile on PSS (*rolls eyes*)

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    It seems to me that Gamefreak heavily discourages it, since you can't even choose Lyssandre as an icon to your profile on PSS (*rolls eyes*)
    THANK YOU somebody else who has a problem with this! I don't think GF really realizes how popular the villainous teams are with the players, otherwise they would have done something about it, this gen especially! I honestly think Team Flare was meant to be relatable but they don't give us their outfits in-game. Even if all the team outfits were an event or PGL content it would make a lot of players happy.
    I find your lack of PerfectWorldShipping disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    I really like the character customisation in this game. The only thing that disappoints me is the lack of hair colours to choose from. I wanted to make my character have dark pink or purple hair but I'm limited to "natural" hair colours.

Me too, I like light purple hair too

So I got the coupon off the Pokemon Global Link site, but the problem is, is that I bought every single piece of clothing in the game that you can get!! Does that mean this coupon is useless to me?

IGN: Alexis
    NEW FC: 1865-1370-9179
    I FINALLY HAVE MY DS!!
    TRADE SHOP NOW OPEN!! Please click here and trade me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
    So I got the coupon off the Pokemon Global Link site, but the problem is, is that I bought every single piece of clothing in the game that you can get!! Does that mean this coupon is useless to me?
    It is useless to you, yes. But you can give (trade) it to someone else, I believe.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm a bit disappointed that there are no opthion that you can chose not to wear the hat(and scarfs...)
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Trainer customization was honestly one of the big selling points of this game for me (Granted new additions like mega evolutions and the eventual release of Pokebank were also big factors). I'm pretty content with the number of options, only thing I'd say is, like others have said, I wish you could either change your character's height or his eyes or something to make your trainer look older. Cause while appearance wise I could get my character to look how I wanted, the height and face are totally off. But again, minor things aside, character customization's great.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast