Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

You would want to avoid fighting any Pokemon with undesirable EVs.

However, Super Training makes it so you can now feasibly fully EV train your Pokemon before you even get to the first gym, and gets around the issue of unwanted EVs.

It also allows you to complete reset a Pokemon's EVs, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Ho-oh's View Post
    Yes. It was confirmed on smogon yesterday. Now the pokemon we use in the campaign will actually be useable post-E4
    Sorry I missed this on my first read-through of this thread.

So does that mean I can min-max all 252 points in say, Spatk and SpDef and the spare couple in HP all before I've even been in a single battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    You would want to avoid fighting any Pokemon with undesirable EVs.

However, Super Training makes it so you can now feasibly fully EV train your Pokemon before you even get to the first gym, and gets around the issue of unwanted EVs.

It also allows you to complete reset a Pokemon's EVs, as well.
    Wow thanks for such a fast reply..

This is amazing news! Thank you very much!

More or less.

It could take a while, though...

How long does it take to max out a stat for a Pokemon using Super Training?

One more question for now. There isn't a list of gen 6 pokemon and their EVs out yet (if there is, please do link!), so do I just avoid fighting/KOing any gen 6 pokemon just in case.. and stick to gen 5 and below?

Quote Originally Posted by Heiach View Post
    One more question for now. There isn't a list of gen 6 pokemon and their EVs out yet (if there is, please do link!), so do I just avoid fighting/KOing any gen 6 pokemon just in case.. and stick to gen 5 and below?
    Honestly, I'd end up just EVing with Super Training before killing anything, it's what I did to my Froakie. He's a juggernaut now.

I knwo we'll now be able to see EVs in game, but is there anyways to view IVs as well?
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    I knwo we'll now be able to see EVs in game, but is there anyways to view IVs as well?
    It would honestly be a bit better if Pokemon could just be breed with Max IVs or whatever already OR make it so you can tell VISUALLY what it's currently at and improve/take away points respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    Honestly, I'd end up just EVing with Super Training before killing anything, it's what I did to my Froakie. He's a juggernaut now.
    So before even getting going with any of the game or main story, you EV'ed your starter?.. Sweet... how long will it take to do please?
    Last edited by Heiach; 11th October 2013 at 11:02 PM.

So the max EV that can go into 1 one stat is now 252, wasn't it 255 in B/W?
    3DS Friend Code: 0705-2979-3900

Pokemon X/Y

Quote Originally Posted by AlexScizor View Post
    So the max EV that can go into 1 one stat is now 252, wasn't it 255 in B/W?
    It probably is 255, but going to 255 is pointless as those 3 points do nothing at all.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

It still is 255, but I believe the prefered competitive distribution is 252, 252 and 2.. wasting only 2 evs...

It still is 255, but I believe the prefered competitive distribution is 252, 252 and 2.. wasting only 2 evs...
    actually 252, 252, 4, with 2 waste (max is 510) and that is generally only for sweepers or very one-sided walls.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

Apologies, I am still new at this... but thanks for clearing that up.

Does anyone know how long it takes to super train your starter at the very start of the game before you even get into a single combat?

So before even getting going with any of the game or main story, you EV'ed your starter?.. Sweet... how long will it take to do please?
    It all depends on how good you are at the minigames tbh, but shouldn't take more than 2 hours It sounds like a long time, but the minigames are actually fun so it isn't too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    It probably is 255, but going to 255 is pointless as those 3 points do nothing at all.
    I just super trained my MewTwo, i counted as i did it and i maxed out its Sp.Atk at 252 so i think they changed it. (or i counted wrong lol)
    3DS Friend Code: 0705-2979-3900

Pokemon X/Y

I did all 6 categories since I didn't feel like resetting for a good nature anyways because I got a female froakie on my first try and didn't know if there was a Ditto in the game....anyways!

I unlocked training tier 2 after I did all 6 tier 1 balloons.
    Can you even activate tier 2 without doing all courses?
    Or did you grind out EVs with just tier 1?

Anyone know if we will have an IV calculator in the near future for X and Y?

were do you get the super training abilty?

Now I legitimately have to consider whether or not to EV train my starter before progressing with the rest of the game. Hmm...

That's convenient if they cap EVs off at 252 now.

I'm glad to hear how useful this Super Training is, and that you can fully EV-train a Pokémon practically the second you get it. Do you have the chance to before you have your first starter battle?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingChaos View Post
    I'm glad to hear how useful this Super Training is, and that you can fully EV-train a Pokémon practically the second you get it. Do you have the chance to before you have your first starter battle?
    Yes, it's available from the start of the game.

Is it possible to check Ivs with super training? I would love to use EV trained pokemon and be able to use them competitively, but without good IVs it will be a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yes, it's available from the start of the game.
    Awesome! No more hand-written tally sheet for EV training!

Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast