Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

It appears that EVs do indeed cap at 252 rather than 255. Awesome.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    It would honestly be a bit better if Pokemon could just be breed with Max IVs or whatever already OR make it so you can tell VISUALLY what it's currently at and improve/take away points respectively.
    N's pokemon can help with those IV breeding problems as they all have perfect/ near perfect IV's in all stats.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Any confirmation if this 'super training' can indeed raise a Pokemon with a poor IV to match a Pokemon with a 31 IV and 252 effort points? So basically can a Pokemon break the 252 effort point barrier if they don't have a 31 IV? Thanks.

Won't you get unnecessary Defense EVs the first time you use Super Training? I saw in a video where it sort of had a tutorial making you participate in a Defense regimen before unlocking the other five.

Just catch a defensive Pokemon and use it for the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
    It appears that EVs do indeed cap at 252 rather than 255. Awesome.
    Is this confirmed? I'm lazy so this would be perfect!

Is it definitely confirmed that you can Super Train before the first battle of the game? I'd like to max my Fennekin's EVs before playing. And I know this was asked but I haven't seen a definitive answer yet so will we be able to view IV's?

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Having tried Super Training, wow this is stupid. I'll stick to my grinding, thanks.

Hitting the punching bags on the bottom screen's been cool for me, though. I like improving some of my stats a little in-game while I'm just riding around, talking to NPCs and whatnot.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 12th October 2013 at 2:27 PM.

Just got a Dawn Stone from Secret Super Training Tier 2, from the Gallade balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingChaos View Post
    Won't you get unnecessary Defense EVs the first time you use Super Training? I saw in a video where it sort of had a tutorial making you participate in a Defense regimen before unlocking the other five.
    This is why I caught a random pokemon and made it do the practice tutorials.

Then my Froakie did the ones I actual wanted to use.

hi, just a noob question. does the dark inner areas in the super training status screen represent the pokemon's IV? because i've been trying to SR torchic for a jolly one, and i noticed that its ST status (the inner dark area) does not seem to change. even though its characteristic changes every time i reset.
    Last edited by deequake; 12th October 2013 at 6:01 PM.

I don't believe it is. But it's possible. I think it's more of a guide on what stat you should be Super Training. So new users get an idea of what their Pokemon is best at.

Also. Anyone who has trained to 252. Does it tell you when you hit the 252 mark, or do you keep going aimlessly? Don't wanna waste hours maxing out a stat that I already maxed out.

^ oh i see. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deequake View Post
    hi, just a noob question. does the dark inner areas in the super training status screen represent the pokemon's IV? because i've been trying to SR torchic for a jolly one, and i noticed that its ST status (the inner dark area) does not seem to change. even though its characteristic changes every time i reset.
    If the characteristic changes then the IVs must change as well. That dark inner area must be the base stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    I don't believe it is. But it's possible. I think it's more of a guide on what stat you should be Super Training. So new users get an idea of what their Pokemon is best at.

Also. Anyone who has trained to 252. Does it tell you when you hit the 252 mark, or do you keep going aimlessly? Don't wanna waste hours maxing out a stat that I already maxed out.
    It tells you. Also can't use a bag on it if it's maxed. And the yellow pointer on the mainscreen will touch the edge.

You'll be getting +0 every time you train at a maxed out stat. That's how you know.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Sounds good. Thanks a lot.

For anyone wondering how long it takes to fully EV train your starter right from the start it took me around 2 hours to fully EV train my Chespin's atk/def.

At first that may seem like a long time but compared to how long it would have taken if I grinded on wild Pokemon instead at level 5 I would have been EV training for at least another 3-4 hours.

Plus if you unlock tier 3 minigames with your starter it will make EV training for the rest of your team go much faster.
    Team Y: Kalos Champs
    3DS Friend Code: 3437-3797-6559 (PM me your FC if you add me)
    Friend Safari: Ghost - Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Dusclops

Anyone have any idea on how to check ivs for the starter?
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Are Super Training and Core training separate things? Also let's say I want to raise Froakie is speed and attack, should I hold off super training, and just abuse the ev boosting punching bags after I unlocked them?

I wonder how rare the Reset Bag is, I just got one punching the regular one with my Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario C View Post
    I wonder how rare the Reset Bag is, I just got one punching the regular one with my Pikachu.
    I've been doing ST for two hours, only found one (which I wasted on accident) I'm currently looking for another (such a pain) So I can get rid of 4 defense EV's on my Fennekin >_> Is there a way to just remove those small amount of EV's?

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Berries from old generations lol.

Also. No the punching bag and ST games both help boost EVs.

Just fully Super trained my Gible, 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP. So its 510 EV's. Also after i maxed out my Gible i hit the black training bag and got a Reset Bag so maybe you get one everytime you full train a pokemon.
    Last edited by AlexScizor; 12th October 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 0705-2979-3900

Pokemon X/Y

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    Is there a way to just remove those small amount of EV's?
    Berries from old generations lol.
    I got an EV-reducing berry from the berry farm.
    A tree had a mutation and there was one Qalot berry.

Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast