Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

I saw new Characteristics and only have any idea what Characteristics goes for the stats?

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Finding it incredibly difficult on level 2 speed training with charmander.. Can barely score a point when aerodactyls wings are flapping.. Any tips ?

Hey off hand in the first few routes what gives atk ev? I screwed up and used a small bag on torchic giving it one ev point, but considering I'm doing it in sets of 4 it will screw up by giving me an extra ev point I won't need.

Ok this is weird I was just super training and a team flare bag just appeared randomly. Dpes anybody know what it does?

Use the L trigger for boosted shots. And also. Just tap like crazy.

I agree Aero was annoying. But Froakie and I are killing it. Record times at 2:42 ; someone try to beat that.

Level 2 Speed.

Magneton is pretty easy.

Is there any confirmation yet regarding whether or not you can train IVs? Also is the charged shot even worth using? Or should I just keep spamming
    DWF I have:

Will do 5 DWF for a shiny

Will do 5 DWF for a legend

PM me offer for events

UT Shinys I have:
    Shiny metang lax nature / light metal

3DS friend code: 0490 - 5832 - 0429 (normal type safari) Mincinno, Lillipup, and evee are located in my safari

I spam shoot and L button also. It helps a lot. Speeds up the shooting and fast targets.

There's no downside to using it.

What's the highest total someone got so far. In one goal. Mine is 116.

this is a lot more time consuming compared to the old pokerus + brace item way..

Haha it is. I'm at 1:55 gameplay and Froakie has about an inch remaining.
    But it'll all be worth it!
    Plus. What's the rush!!!

anyone have any tips on doing the games, I cannot seem to beat the times for the third round
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Wait won't all this be kinda pointless if you find out later In the game that your froakie has crappy IV's? xD

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Haha it is. I'm at 1:55 gameplay and Froakie has about an inch remaining.
    But it'll all be worth it!
    Plus. What's the rush!!!
    Exactly.

On 5:12 and I've barley got past the first badge. Always take my time on pokemon games.

Team at the moment for anyone interested

Level 21 Quiladin
    Level 21 Charmeleon
    Level 20 Pidgeoto
    Level 19 Kirlia
    Level 19 Honedge
    Pokemon X Team

Pokemon X
    1091-8207-6142

Can I use a random pokemon for the training sessions of stats I don't want boosted? For example can I use a scatterbug on the mini games I don't want my froakie to play? EG don't want froakie to be trained in defense, use scatterbug instead.

Quote Originally Posted by arapokeyugioh View Post
    Can I use a random pokemon for the training sessions of stats I don't want boosted? For example can I use a scatterbug on the mini games I don't want my froakie to play? EG don't want froakie to be trained in defense, use scatterbug instead.
    Yeh, thats what i did.
    3DS Friend Code: 0705-2979-3900

Pokemon X/Y

Quote Originally Posted by AlexScizor View Post
    Yeh, thats what i did.
    Thanks for clarifying, allot of people around the net were saying otherwise so was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    anyone have any tips on doing the games, I cannot seem to beat the times for the third round
    Anyone? i cannot do magnezone at all either.

Also, what does smiley face, jumping pokemon mean?
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

I just got the level 3 speed one done in 50 seconds =^.^= I just spam until they launch an ability then I strafe left and use block for the last few
    DWF I have:

Will do 5 DWF for a shiny

Will do 5 DWF for a legend

PM me offer for events

UT Shinys I have:
    Shiny metang lax nature / light metal

3DS friend code: 0490 - 5832 - 0429 (normal type safari) Mincinno, Lillipup, and evee are located in my safari

Some Observations from maxing my Tyrunt's Attack & Speed:

1. There seem to be at least 3 different type of shots. The icon in the top right corner of the Super Training Subscreen indicates which shot your currently selected Pokemon has.
    a) Rapidfire, Pikachu has this, for example
    b) Fast-moving chargeable, Froakie has this, for example
    c) slow-moving chargeable, Tyrunt has this, for example

Fast deals much less damage than slow.

2. The damage you do increases quite a bit the more you get to maxed EVs. My Tyrunt did about 180 without any EVs, and now it does 990 Damage, with 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed. Record times for things until secret tiers are usually 2:50+ remaining.
    Attack increased the damage a lot more than speed did. Attack went to about 800 and speed did the remaining ~200.

3. Speed increases the projectile speed of the balls.

4. On some balloons, you can hit multiple hitzones at once with the large, slow moving charged ball. I twoshotted something with 3600 HP if I remember correctly, since the first shot hit 3 zones at once.

Lol that's awesome!

I just stick to Level 2 games. +8 is just fine, an easy to do.

And who cares if my Froakie has mediocre or bad IVs in certain spots.

Still my dude.

I'm thinking I want to go with an adamant Chespin/Chesnaught. In that case, I'll probably go with 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 HP. Any thoughts? Maybe boost his special defense?

252 atk for sure. I'd go like.. 150 def and 100 sp def

Hm I like super training, it still tedious but not as tedious as fighting pokemon over and over again until you run out of pp and have to go heal. Honestly the only faults are it forces you to do defense for tutorial and well it be nice if they gave numbers to the ev so I don't have to keep track on a seprete piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingChaos View Post
    I'm thinking I want to go with an adamant Chespin/Chesnaught. In that case, I'll probably go with 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 HP. Any thoughts? Maybe boost his special defense?
    You'll want to raise both his atk and def to maximize his role as a bulky physical tank.

You can also put some of those defence EVs into special defense to help his all around bulk but IMO I'd rather make Chesnaught as physically bulky as possible so he can take on physical attackers with ease.
    Team Y: Kalos Champs
    3DS Friend Code: 3437-3797-6559 (PM me your FC if you add me)
    Friend Safari: Ghost - Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Dusclops

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    You'll want to raise both his atk and def to maximize his role as a bulky physical tank.

You can also put some of those defence EVs into special defense to help his all around bulk but IMO I'd rather make Chesnaught as physically bulky as possible so he can take on physical attackers with ease.
    That's what I was thinking. I'll probably just max out attack and defense. Its special defense could use some boosting, but in the long run I don't think it'd help as much as maxing out defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrugLife View Post
    I just got the level 3 speed one done in 50 seconds =^.^= I just spam until they launch an ability then I strafe left and use block for the last few
    I just got the level 3 speed done in 14 seconds xD we should honestly have a thread to post time scores for super training because I've been obsessing over my time when I do it.

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast