Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Definitely like this new way of EV training, but I'm finding it frustrating that you can't see the actual number of EV points your Pokemon has (unless I'm missing something). I'm sure my starter will have picked up some bad EVs. If I could restart them straight away that'd be nice.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Definitely like this new way of EV training, but I'm finding it frustrating that you can't see the actual number of EV points your Pokemon has (unless I'm missing something). I'm sure my starter will have picked up some bad EVs. If I could restart them straight away that'd be nice.
    Apparently there's a way to reset them once EVs have been maxed out or something. You get a punching bag which resets the EVs

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Scatterbug is soooo hard to Super Train lol. But I caught a Modest one, so I gotta try a little.

I want Super Train my Charmander. But idk what spread Charizard X is using.

Can someone explain super secret training?

I heard you get specific items like stones.

Here's my fully supertrained Torchic at Level 10.

4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed. Jolly Nature.

Idk. I'm afraid to play it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Scatterbug is soooo hard to Super Train lol. But I caught a Modest one, so I gotta try a little.

I want Super Train my Charmander. But idk what spread Charizard X is using.
    It gets easier as you put more EVs in, trust me. Spent about 2 hours last night training my Torchic "-.-
    Honestly starting to wish I had gone with Adamant, but not resetting now just so I can change it's nature!!

Quote Originally Posted by supa_arceus View Post
    Can someone explain super secret training?
    Haven't played much of it - first three levels only.

It's unlocked once you fully EV Train one pokemon / max out it's EVs.
    From what I've played, it's pretty much the same as normal Super Training but with bigger balloons. Not too hard either.

You have the chance to win a Fire / Leaf / Water stone in three of them. Haven't done so yet, but have beaten the target times / gotten the medals on them.

Yeah I went with Naive Torchic just because I didn't know what ppl will end up choosing for Mega Blaziken.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Yeah I went with Naive Torchic just because I didn't know what ppl will end up choosing for Mega Blaziken.
    I think most are going Adamant. On the bright side, with my Jolly I may possibly be able to outspeed a few of them? That said, I doubt I'd use Blaziken vs. Blazkiken too much, and they'd pack a harder punch :/

So far I've EV trained Quilladin (252 atk/def), Fletchling (252 atk/sp atk), and Flabebe (252 sp atk/sp def).

But yeah the nice thing about EV training is that the more you do it the faster the process goes and the more you get used to the pattern. Took me 2 full hours to fully EV train my Chespin and it only took 1 hour for my Flabebe.
    Hoenn Squad

I can't even find Super Training. Where is it in the PSS? ._.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

I can't even find Super Training. Where is it in the PSS? ._.
    You need to press the L and R buttons on the DS to cycle to the screen with super training on it. I found this out trying to figure out how to move my camera in Luminasa city.
    I'm always up for a wifi battle. My friend code is 0691 7322 0877 and my skype name is toxiktraktor. Skype is the best way to reach me.

So can you fully train a wild pokemon to be on par with some super bred pokemon?

This is the first pokemon game I'm getting really serious about now so I want to make sure I can make so and so perfect without having to mass breed ect.

X has a boosted ATK so that and speed, you can always reset it (hot the normal bag a lot to get a reset bag!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    So can you fully train a wild pokemon to be on par with some super bred pokemon?

This is the first pokemon game I'm getting really serious about now so I want to make sure I can make so and so perfect without having to mass breed ect.
    Not really, you still have to worry about Iv's, which cannot be changed. You still would have to mass breed or capture a lot of the same pokemon to get the IV's you want.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Not really, you still have to worry about Iv's, which cannot be changed. You still would have to mass breed or capture a lot of the same pokemon to get the IV's you want.
    Is there some article or something you can show me to educate me about IVs? I want to be serious about this game but there is so much stuff I don't fully understand.

But on the first run through on the game, You can't expect to be perfect right? Going to have to switch out all your critters for specially bred ones? I would like some sort of guide to help me with this. Please and thank you.

IVs are tough to breed for. Honestly, getting the right nature and EVing correctly is a big part of battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    Is there some article or something you can show me to educate me about IVs? I want to be serious about this game but there is so much stuff I don't fully understand.

But on the first run through on the game, You can't expect to be perfect right? Going to have to switch out all your critters for specially bred ones? I would like some sort of guide to help me with this. Please and thank you.
    http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/evs_ivs

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/...ng_guide_part1

Here ya go, and yeah most generally just breed to get good IV's though you can find them in the wild it is really hard. you will also need an IV calculator, just type it in google, and the that pokemon cannot have gotten ANY EXP/EVs at all to figure out the IV's unless you know exactly what EVs the pokemon has and exactly how many.

The only Stat that really "needs" max IV of 31 is speed and that is because even a single point of speed will allow you to go first. The other stats are not as important to be 31 as a handful of points is not going to make that much of a difference with them.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

I like Super Training much more than traditional EV training, even if it isn't as quick as having Pokerus+Power item like I'm used to. It's much more interesting and keeps track of EVs for you which makes up for it taking longer.

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    So far I've EV trained Quilladin (252 atk/def), Fletchling (252 atk/sp atk), and Flabebe (252 sp atk/sp def).

But yeah the nice thing about EV training is that the more you do it the faster the process goes and the more you get used to the pattern. Took me 2 full hours to fully EV train my Chespin and it only took 1 hour for my Flabebe.
    After you maxed out your pokemon's ev did you receive the bonus stats immediately on the next level up?

for example: 252 atk on Quilladin, did you receive +63 atk on your next level up?

No that's not how it works ^

You'll just get like. +3 everytime mainly. From what I've experienced.

This game is so much more complicated then originally led to believe lol. I'm reading the guides I was linked and trying to understand them.

Almost hard to believe this is a kids game Really can't see many little kids even grasping the concept of this.

I just finished EV training my Charmander in SpAtk/Spd, ended up with 6 points leftover that I put into HP. I'm pretty confident that the max EVs is 252 now. No more wastage~

Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast