Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3026

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    I'm still kind of confused on IV breeding.

Say you have two parents of the same species with these IV spreads: 31/31/x/31/31/31 holding a destiny knot and x/x/31/x/x/x. What is the chance of getting a flawless offspring? Also, how do I calculate IV's in X and Y? I've tried to figure it out since Gen 4, and never have been able to, even using a calculator. I never got accurate answers.
    With those IV Spreads and Destiny Knot, then the probability is (1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2)*(1/32)*6C5=3/512
    Destiny Knot guarantees the passing of 5 IVs from the parents. For each stat, one out of each parent has a Perfect IV. Five out of each 6 stats will be gained from the parent and the last IV will be randomly generated from 0-31.

To find out which perfect IVs you have, go to Killoude City's PC and talk to the NPC in purple and he will look at your Pokemon's IVs. If he says "this stat can't be beat", then you have a Perfect IV in that stat. If you want to know exact IVs for the remaining stats, I have no idea.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

I just trained a Male Eevee with 31 HP, Attack, Sp Atk, and Speed into a Sylveon. What are your thoughts on EV training? It has a Modest Nature. Right now I'm leaning towards Sp Atk and maybe Speed.

Its ability is Cute Charm. Does the fact that it is a male matter? Would having that ability on a female be more helpful? Just curious.
    Last edited by Joe Davola; 12th November 2013 at 5:53 PM. Reason: grammar
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

I don't know about speed-- with 60 base speed it won't be outrunning much even with that sort of investment. I'd go with HP instead; even though your defensive IVs aren't maxed, Sylveon should still be pretty bulky, so imo it'd be a better choice to put your EVs in.

With stuff like Mega Kangaskhan running around, being a male with Cute Charm isn't so bad. But Sylveon generally wants to avoid physical attacks anyway... so the ability won't see much use either way.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRob View Post
    With stuff like Mega Kangaskhan running around, being a male with Cute Charm isn't so bad. But Sylveon generally wants to avoid physical attacks anyway... so the ability won't see much use either way.
    "Mega Kangaskhan running around" is a somewhat terrifying image

I have Charm from breeding. Do you recommend I keep it for help avoid physical attacks?

I've been working on this project to complete my planned Battle Maison team for the last few days, but the RNG just flat out refuses to give me what I want. These are the parents;

Rotom 31/x/31/x/31/31 w/ Everstone
    Ditto x/x/31/31/x/31 w/ Destiny Knot

Trying to get a Calm Rotom with 31/x/31/31/31/31, but the game just keeps hatching 4IV babies.

Anyone know the probability of hatching a baby with what I want from these parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    "Mega Kangaskhan running around" is a somewhat terrifying image

I have Charm from breeding. Do you recommend I keep it for help avoid physical attacks?
    No; I recommend Reflect if you're going to attempt to take physical hits. It would be best to have a partner that can take those hits for Sylveon though... Generally if you try and make each member work entirely on their own, you'll fail.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I've been working on this project to complete my planned Battle Maison team for the last few days, but the RNG just flat out refuses to give me what I want. These are the parents;

Rotom 31/x/31/x/31/31 w/ Everstone
    Ditto x/x/31/31/x/31 w/ Destiny Knot

Trying to get a Calm Rotom with 31/x/31/31/31/31, but the game just keeps hatching 4IV babies.

Anyone know the probability of hatching a baby with what I want from these parents?
    You should just replace the Ditto with one of those 4IV babies. It'd still take a couple hours though.

No; I recommend Reflect if you're going to attempt to take physical hits. It would be best to have a partner that can take those hits for Sylveon though... Generally if you try and make each member work entirely on their own, you'll fail.
    It sounds like you have a feel for strategy way more than I do. I'm not sure what this means, to be totally honest. I have him using Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Charm, and Shadow Ball right now. Are you talking about a doubles battle, or having someone pop Reflect before putting Sylveon in?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    It sounds like you have a feel for strategy way more than I do. I'm not sure what this means, to be totally honest. I have him using Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Charm, and Shadow Ball right now. Are you talking about a doubles battle, or having someone pop Reflect before putting Sylveon in?
    Sylveon has access to Reflect, so it can use it on its own. It's better than Charm since it affects all the opponent's Pokemon and can help your teammates, too. It reduces the same amount of damage.
    What I was talking about was, basically you want your Sylveon to be an attacker, but you also want to take both physical and special hits. That's asking a lot out of a single Pokemon, and you might find that you're spreading it a little too thin. It'd be better to give it a more specific role-- one that your team might be lacking in.

You should just replace the Ditto with one of those 4IV babies. It'd still take a couple hours though.
    I would, but Rotom is Genderless >.<

I would, but Rotom is Genderless >.<
    Ahh, that's lame.

Lesse... there's a 1/6 chance that the destiny knot won't pass down attack. At that point it has a 100% chance of passing down defense and speed. It has a 50% chance of passing down max HP, special attack and special defense... so 1/6 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 would be... 1/48. If my math's right.

I read somewhere that if your Ditto has 2 perfect IVs and the other parent has 4 perfect IVs, the chance of getting one with 5 perfect IVs is 1 in 24, but my god, it is taking much longer than that. Trying to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Golett but it's not working out. Should I just give up? Currently, the Golett I'm breeding is 31/31/x/x/31/31. Genderless Pokemon are a pain to breed.
    Pokemon X Party
    Blastoise, Delphox, Drapion, Goodra, Pidgeot, Snorlax
    0387-8778-4808
    Safari Pokemon: Abra, Espurr and Gothorita
    Safari Pokemon I desire: Dragonair, Mawile, Skarmory
    I caught the bug! If you want Pokerus, PM me offers. I'm not picky.

I'm excited to announce I've hatched my second, nearly flawless Pokémon. I've hatched a Squirtle and a Prankster Sableye, both with 5 IVs. Though trying to get that 6th is...a pain in my ***
    Achievement: Kalos Dex - Fully Completed

X Friend Code: 4742-5346-1092 (Contains Tangela and Ivysaur, Maractus)
    (Pm me your code if you add me, so I can add you!)

Shines Owned:
    <3 <3

I'm trying for a 5 IV stat Electabuzz. Man is it a pain! When I get a Elekid with 4 IV , which I have not yet, I have to level it up to 30 and go from there since Elekid is in the "no egg" group.

Kind of a bummer since my favorite Electric Type Pokemon is Electivire.
    FC: 1950-8664-8985

Does Super training train EV's?
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kreayshawn View Post
    Does Super training train EV's?
    Yes, that's the point of it.

1384313251694.jpg

Ok so can someone please explain me this
    This aromatisse has only one 31 iv (sp def i think) and it got way better stats than my 5 perfect ivs spritzee(pic on next post). And both are on the same level. Why is that???
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2s94n78.jpg[/IMG]

1384313505408.jpg

Spritzee
    Thanks for the help in advance. Really dont know why that happened
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2s94n78.jpg[/IMG]

Im new to this IV breeding thing so i just wanted to know how it is possible for example, to breed a pokemon with two perfect IVs into a pokemon with more than 2 perfect IVs and not lose the 2 perfect IVs that you began with in the breeding process? And is it true that all pokemon in the friend safari have 2 IVs that are maxed out? Anyways, I've always been confused about this whole IV thing but im interested in trying to breed for IVs in certian pokemon.

Let there be HAIL!

B/W FC: 3912 1280 0747
    B2W2 FC: 5158 0898 6591
    3DS FC: 5026 4831 0186 - Safari Type FAIRY with , ,

Spoiler:- Current Total Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by 9ivory View Post
    Im new to this IV breeding thing so i just wanted to know how it is possible for example, to breed a pokemon with two perfect IVs into a pokemon with more than 2 perfect IVs and not lose the 2 perfect IVs that you began with in the breeding process? And is it true that all pokemon in the friend safari have 2 IVs that are maxed out? Anyways, I've always been confused about this whole IV thing but im interested in trying to breed for IVs in certian pokemon.
    IVs are similar to genetics, breeding two pokemon with desired IVs can pass them down to the egg. The Destiny Knot item now has the added benefit of taking 5 of the 12 IVs that are the parents, and passing them to the child.

Example:

HP / Atk / Def / Sp. Atk / Sp. Def / Speed

Charmander (M) IVs are 31 / 14 / 22 / 6 / 19 / 21
    Charmander (F) IVs are 20 / 13 / 9 / 18 / 24 / 26

Give either parent the Destiny Knot, and they produce an egg.

Charmander (M) IVs are 20 / 22 / 22 / 18 / 19 / 21

Because of the Destiny Knot, the baby got the Def / Sp. Def / Speed IVs from the Father, and the HP / Sp. Att IVs from the Mother. The Attack IV was then randomly generated.

And yes, every Pokemon caught in the Friend Safari is guaranteed to have at least 2 max IVs.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

IVs are similar to genetics, breeding two pokemon with desired IVs can pass them down to the egg. The Destiny Knot item now has the added benefit of taking 5 of the 12 IVs that are the parents, and passing them to the child.

Example:

HP / Atk / Def / Sp. Atk / Sp. Def / Speed

Charmander (M) IVs are 31 / 14 / 22 / 6 / 19 / 21
    Charmander (F) IVs are 20 / 13 / 9 / 18 / 24 / 26

Give either parent the Destiny Knot, and they produce an egg.

Charmander (M) IVs are 20 / 22 / 22 / 18 / 19 / 21

Because of the Destiny Knot, the baby got the Def / Sp. Def / Speed IVs from the Father, and the HP / Sp. Att IVs from the Mother. The Attack IV was then randomly generated.

And yes, every Pokemon caught in the Friend Safari is guaranteed to have at least 2 max IVs.
    So is it all just a random chance? What if you wanted to select for specific IVs to be passed down? Is there a way to choose between a mother's and father's IVs that you want to pass down? Like for example, if I wanted to pass down a 31 Spd IV from the mother down to the child and not the father's Spd IV, is there a way to get that to work or do you just have to keep breeing until the right match is found? And another thing, if i breed two parents, both with 2 different perfect IVs from the safari, is there a way to match up what IV from what parent the child gets?

Let there be HAIL!

B/W FC: 3912 1280 0747
    B2W2 FC: 5158 0898 6591
    3DS FC: 5026 4831 0186 - Safari Type FAIRY with , ,

Spoiler:- Current Total Shinies:

I was working on getting a a female Fennekin (magician) with 31/0/31/31/31/31, and recently I got a 31/31/31/31/31/31. I wasn't expecting this, from what I hear perfect 6 are rare to get. Just wanted the 5 IV with the crap attack.

I want to know if having a 6 means anything next to what I was working toward?
    ---
    Over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by 9ivory View Post
    So is it all just a random chance? What if you wanted to select for specific IVs to be passed down? Is there a way to choose between a mother's and father's IVs that you want to pass down? Like for example, if I wanted to pass down a 31 Spd IV from the mother down to the child and not the father's Spd IV, is there a way to get that to work or do you just have to keep breeing until the right match is found? And another thing, if i breed two parents, both with 2 different perfect IVs from the safari, is there a way to match up what IV from what parent the child gets?
    Yes its just a random chance, but a reminder, now there is an item that can pass down 5 of the IVs, from Gen I to Gen V, the best you could hope for were 3. That's why if both parents have the desired IV, say the 31 Speed IV, then it won't matter which parents Speed IV is chosen by the Destiny Knot.

The Power Items that correspond for each stat, when given to a parent, can pass down a specific IV. So if you want the 31 Speed IV from the mother, you can give it the Power Anklet, and every egg should hatch with that IV.

I'm not sure the last question you're asking about the Friend Safari.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 13th November 2013 at 7:34 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by ricz View Post
    1384313251694.jpg

Ok so can someone please explain me this
    This aromatisse has only one 31 iv (sp def i think) and it got way better stats than my 5 perfect ivs spritzee(pic on next post). And both are on the same level. Why is that???
    Quote Originally Posted by ricz View Post
    1384313505408.jpg

Spritzee
    Thanks for the help in advance. Really dont know why that happened
    Evolution is the biggest boost in stats you will see, far more than IVs or EVs, Aromatisse has 121 statpoints extra base over Spritzee; now if you evolve your Spritzee and it still has better stats, then one of two things happened - either you are not correct about your Perfect IVs on your Spritzee, or it is an issue of EV Training. Nature would also play a role of course.
    Last edited by CircuitAngel; 13th November 2013 at 7:02 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1031-4570

Quote Originally Posted by Melevolence View Post
    I'm excited to announce I've hatched my second, nearly flawless Pokémon. I've hatched a Squirtle and a Prankster Sableye, both with 5 IVs. Though trying to get that 6th is...a pain in my ***
    Ha ha, yeah getting that 6th IV is hard the first time but as soon as you have 1 getting multiple 6 IV pokemon after that is really quite easy.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

I gotta admit, IV Breeding is something I've never done before. I've always really dug Pokemon, but digging into the meta game has always seemed so foreign and too daunting to me. I broke through with some EV training last year, but X & Y's breeding changes has made IV's not only easier, but simpler for me to understand.

I've bred a Docile Speed Boost Venipede with 31/31/31/X/X/31 in only about an hour! I know the Docile nature isn't great, but I'm yet to have anything with an adamant/jolly nature. Still hopeful. I've hit a bump, trying to breed it with a Careful Whirlipede with 31/X/31/X/31/X to try and get the last EV in Sp. Def. They just won't pop out eggs, with the attendant saying "They don't seem to like each other much". Is there any way to increase the likelihood of getting eggs from them, or do I need to start playing "Careless Whispers"on a Sax to set the mood for them first? Would evolving the Venipede help?
    3DS Friend Code: 5456-0766-9485
    Friend Safari: Fighting
    Pokemon: Throh, Meditite and Breloom

If you need one/more of these in your Friend Safari, add me. Will happily take anything!

Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast