Page 114 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    As long as that move is learn-able by Charmander.

Read that wrong, yes, the mother can pass down egg moves.
    Really? Does that mean that Charmander is able to learn the move, Dragon Pulse from the mother? I thought that the egg moves can only be passed down to the offspring from the father.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Really? Does that mean that Charmander is able to learn the move, Dragon Pulse from the mother? I thought that the egg moves can only be passed down to the offspring from the father.
    The mechanics for move inheritance have been adjusted in X and Y. From http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml:

Another interesting change, that is still being investigated, is that if the mother has Egg moves that the baby can learn, there is a chance that those moves shall be passed to the child as well as any moves the father may know.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    The mechanics for move inheritance have been adjusted in X and Y. From http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml:

Another interesting change, that is still being investigated, is that if the mother has Egg moves that the baby can learn, there is a chance that those moves shall be passed to the child as well as any moves the father may know.
    I see. I understand a little bit that mother can pass down one of the egg moves to the offspring. But I think that the best chances of the baby inherit the egg moves is from the father, don't you think?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I see. I understand a little bit that mother can pass down one of the egg moves to the offspring. But I think that the best chances of the baby inherit the egg moves is from the father, don't you think?
    I'm pretty sure that the mother and the father can both pass down egg moves. There is a 100% chance they get passed down.

Yahoo! Today I've finally bred my first flawless Pokemon, which is a Larvitar by the way!
    I'm really happy and my sense of realization is over 9000!
    However what pisses me off is that it has not 31 IV's in HP; in fact the IVs spread is the following: X/31/31/31/31/31.
    I'd like to know how much they are in HP and I tried to use the serebii's calculator, but (call me dumb if you want) I didn't understand much....
    Can someone help me with the calculator and tell me if my Larvitar can be useful even without having 31 IVs in HP?
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Your Larvitar is as useful as you make it out to be.

If you want to know what its exact HP IV is, try using this calculator, and use Rare Candies to fill in more levels; Lv. 1 stats don't tell you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Your Larvitar is as useful as you make it out to be.

If you want to know what its exact HP IV is, try using this calculator, and use Rare Candies to fill in more levels; Lv. 1 stats don't tell you anything.
    I poured all my strenght in breeding it today, so to me it is enough.
    Thanks dude, the calculator you showed me was very helpful.

Okay, so I'm Wonder trading away my Solar Power Charmander's got in return a nearly perfect Honedge. It's a male French Honedge under the name Monorpale with the Adamant nature. The non perfect IV is Sp.Atk. I don't breed IV's nor am I a competitive battler so I'm willing to trade it away if anyone is interested in it. (sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm new...)
    3DS Friend Code - 4098-3518-5932
    Safari Type - Ice: Bergmite, Spheal, Dewgong

National Dex (X): 719/721-Shiny Charm
        Spoiler:- Shinies, MM Hunts and BQ's:

Can someone tell me what's a good nature and EVs spread for an Aegislash, please?
    I considered many options, but I can't seem to find the most useful one.....
    I thought giving it an adamant nature and this EVs spread (252 atk, 126 def., 126 sp.def.) but I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Can someone tell me what's a good nature and EVs spread for an Aegislash, please?
    I considered many options, but I can't seem to find the most useful one.....
    I thought giving it an adamant nature and this EVs spread (252 atk, 126 def., 126 sp.def.) but I'm not so sure...
    Your nature is good for Aegislash! As for the division in defenses though, I WOULD NOT do that since when it goes Blade Form it's defenses are barely there.I'd put all 252 into HP (which is also kinda small, but a *bit* better) then the remaining 6 in either defense. ;p
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

you cannot alter the IVs of pokemon because every specie has its own cellular parts so you cannot change the IV of a pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Your nature is good for Aegislash! As for the division in defenses though, I WOULD NOT do that since when it goes Blade Form it's defenses are barely there.I'd put all 252 into HP (which is also kinda small, but a *bit* better) then the remaining 6 in either defense. ;p
    Hmm, yeah, I guess I'll give the EVs spread that you told me!
    Thank you very much dude!

Hi guys I seem to be having trouble when it comes to breeding flawless marril and roseilia...how do I make sure I can guarantee 5 iv's with the right nature when I have to use the incense to breed them together??

Don't worry gastly you'll be an artist soon enough D:

First you use the ever stone for the nature. Then take that baby and start breeding with dittos using the destiny knot to pass the iv's wanted. Keep checking the babies coming out for # of iv's you want and switch out the baby as the # increases. Adding in a ditto with the missing iv's wanted till you get what you want. It's a long process but faster than previous generations
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    First you use the ever stone for the nature. Then take that baby and start breeding with dittos using the destiny knot to pass the iv's wanted. Keep checking the babies coming out for # of iv's you want and switch out the baby as the # increases. Adding in a ditto with the missing iv's wanted till you get what you want. It's a long process but faster than previous generations
    Does it work when trying to breed a marril or a roselia because you need a certain incense to breed them meaning you have to give up either the everstone or destiny knot when doing it...do you have to get roselia's and marril's nature off of luck now or could you still use both without the incense?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    Does it work when trying to breed a marril or a roselia because you need a certain incense to breed them meaning you have to give up either the everstone or destiny knot when doing it...do you have to get roselia's and marril's nature off of luck now or could you still use both without the incense?
    You'd need to use the Incense with either one or the other of the Everstone and the Destiny Knot; dropping the Everstone means leaving the nature to chance.

Unless you're going for some baby-exclusive Egg move or you're breeding for Little Cup, there isn't much reason to bother breeding the babies; just breed Roselia and Marill outright, especially since it makes rebreeding the parents easier (due to not having to evolve them).

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    You'd need to use the Incense with either one or the other of the Everstone and the Destiny Knot; dropping the Everstone means leaving the nature to chance.

Unless you're going for some baby-exclusive Egg move or you're breeding for Little Cup, there isn't much reason to bother breeding the babies; just breed Roselia and Marill outright, especially since it makes rebreeding the parents easier (due to not having to evolve them).

Thanks! I'll be sure to make 2 5 I'v roselia's so that it'll be easier to find the 5 iv with the right nature.

I have a question: I'm gonna soon be working on IV breeding a team of Eeveelutions. My idea is Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Leafeon, Umbreon, and Slyveon. I'm not sure what natures would be better or move sets. Any thoughts???

Friend Code: 5472-6256-4416
    My New Trade Shop is Finally up and running!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Breeding-Shop

Hello there! I plan on getting into competitive battling shortly and my friend has pressed upon me the importance of IV breeding. Try as he might, the poor dude really can't explain it well, and the guide's that I've looked up greatly confuse me as well. I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to IV breed so that once I wrap up this Y playthrough, I can give it ago. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Kalos Champions
    Blue the Greninja, the true ninja
    Amber the Charizard, the transcending Mega Evolution
    Buddy the Vileplume, destroyer of Arceus and Mewtwos
    King the Tyrantrum, the tyrant of the fossils
    Hiro the Lucario, the sweeper of noobs

Quote Originally Posted by XxPokemonPrincessxX View Post
    I have a question: I'm gonna soon be working on IV breeding a team of Eeveelutions. My idea is Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Leafeon, Umbreon, and Slyveon. I'm not sure what natures would be better or move sets. Any thoughts???
    That largely depends on what you intend each Pokemon to do.

Some themes you may want to explore and read up (on Smogon and other places):
    - Calm Mind Espeon
    - Cleric Umbreon
    - Swords Dance Leafeon
    - Offensive Tank Vaporeon

Flareon finally gets Flare Blitz in XY, so you're definitely going to want that on him somehow. As for Sylveon, I'm not really familiar with her sets so I can't help you much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Impact View Post
    Hello there! I plan on getting into competitive battling shortly and my friend has pressed upon me the importance of IV breeding. Try as he might, the poor dude really can't explain it well, and the guide's that I've looked up greatly confuse me as well. I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to IV breed so that once I wrap up this Y playthrough, I can give it ago. I would greatly appreciate it.
    This might help: http://i.imgur.com/NtqXPT6.jpg
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Thanks. o.o That actually helped.
    Kalos Champions

What EV spread do you guys think I should give my Sassy natured Xerneas? I really should have tried for a better nature back when I was catching it, but I didn't think I'd ever care to actually try training it for use. I went with 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SpD and a Geomancy set, but maybe I should go with max Special Defense instead of Special Attack?

I'll ask a stupid question in order to get a stupid answer. Can a genderless pokemon like Golett be bred with a Ditto?
    Kalos Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Impact View Post
    I'll ask a stupid question in order to get a stupid answer. Can a genderless pokemon like Golett be bred with a Ditto?
    Yes, a Genderless Pokemon can breed with a Ditto.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Yes, a Genderless Pokemon can breed with a Ditto.
    Thank you.
    Kalos Champions

Page 114 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast