Page 103 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It doesn't matter what level you EV train it at, because Exp. has no bearing on EV gain. There will be a difference in stats at the level you're currently at, but if you're aiming for Level 100, it won't matter what level you gained your EVs at once you get there. The only difference between Super Training at Lv. 1 and Super Training at Lv. 99 is that if you Super Train at Lv. 99, your Pokemon will go through 98 levels of not being EV trained. That's the only difference.

If you're getting your levels from things that give the EVs you need, there's nothing to worry about.
    Okay, thank you so much. You really helped a lot, in the end I didn't need to worry about anything lol (I always EV train my perfect Pokemon once they hatch)

I still am having trouble understanding IVs. I'll clarify this: I am not math-minded. I tried to understand the Serebii page on it and it was way beyond me. So I tried using the IV Calculator. There were parts of the page that did not make sense to me, but I did what I could. I just received my Hitokage from Prof. Purataanu in Miare City and want it to have good IVs because at this time I plan not to evolve it, but use the "Eviolite". I know it would be stronger if I evolved it, but I don't know that I want to lose it as a Hitokage.

So anyway, I took a screenshot of my results (mind you I had added no EVs), and from what I understand it didn't look very good, so I didn't save, and plan to try it again. Any tips to make this easier to do and understand? Since I don't plan to evolve him he needs good stats.
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    I still am having trouble understanding IVs. I'll clarify this: I am not math-minded. I tried to understand the Serebii page on it and it was way beyond me. So I tried using the IV Calculator. There were parts of the page that did not make sense to me, but I did what I could. I just received my Hitokage from Prof. Purataanu in Miare City and want it to have good IVs because at this time I plan not to evolve it, but use the "Eviolite". I know it would be stronger if I evolved it, but I don't know that I want to lose it as a Hitokage.

So anyway, I took a screenshot of my results (mind you I had added no EVs), and from what I understand it didn't look very good, so I didn't save, and plan to try it again. Any tips to make this easier to do and understand? Since I don't plan to evolve him he needs good stats.
    So you don't want to evolve Charmander? Just to let you know, you can breed in the future and get a better IV pokemon. The Sp.Att is great on it, did you input its Nature on the calculator?
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Yes. It was a Serious nature. If it had a great Special Attack, why did it just say "OK" on the results?

How does breeding get you better IVs?
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Yes. It was a Serious nature. If it had a great Special Attack, why did it just say "OK" on the results?
    It says "OK!" enthusiastically. 30 is a fine SpA IV.

How does breeding get you better IVs?
    The idea is that you use selective breeding, incest, and eugenics to try to pass on the good IVs from the parent Pokemon while ignoring the worse IVs. If you wanted to breed your Charmander, you'd probably want to find either a female Charmander or a Ditto with other flawless IVs, breed your Charmander with those, then check the IVs of the offspring to see how many flawless IVs they have.

Um, what's a desirable EV Spread for the following Pokémon?

Aurorus
    Refridgerate
    Relaxed
    Charge Beam
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Ancient Power

Masquerain
    Intimidate
    Modest
    Scald
    Ice Beam
    Bug Buzz
    Air Slash

Malamar
    Contrary
    Timid
    Superpower
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Pluck

Aurorus should be 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD for optimal bulk/power (and ought to run Nature Power->Tri Attack instead of Ice Beam for STAB). Malamar usually runs 32 HP/252 Atk/224 SpD, to hit a Leftovers number with HP while relying on Superpower for physical Defense. Masquerain should probably just go 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe and be done with it.

though Masquerain w/o Sticky Web, really, that's like its main thing

Aurorus should be 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD for optimal bulk/power (and ought to run Nature Power->Tri Attack instead of Ice Beam for STAB). Malamar usually runs 32 HP/252 Atk/224 SpD, to hit a Leftovers number with HP while relying on Superpower for physical Defense. Masquerain should probably just go 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe and be done with it.

though Masquerain w/o Sticky Web, really, that's like its main thing
    Nature Power, Tri-Attack and Ice Beam... What?
    Alrighty, then.

Masquerain Evolved before learning Sticky Web, and it's just a random thing.
    If I were to want to use Sticky Web outside LC, I'd just use Galvantula, who is superior in almost every way.

It says "OK!" enthusiastically. 30 is a fine SpA IV.

The idea is that you use selective breeding, incest, and eugenics to try to pass on the good IVs from the parent Pokemon while ignoring the worse IVs. If you wanted to breed your Charmander, you'd probably want to find either a female Charmander or a Ditto with other flawless IVs, breed your Charmander with those, then check the IVs of the offspring to see how many flawless IVs they have.
    I love how you put it bluntly funny thing is that its true.

Do you have to maximise the wanted evs of a pokemon as fast as you can? Cause my pokemon keep on getting evs in certain stats that i dont want it to have.. If i leave it, it will maximise all its potential uncontrolably and i wont be able to train it further (without reset bags which i have never gotten)

National Pokedex 718/718 Shiny Charm Obtained! | Shiny Starter Hunt Completed! 6/6 ~

Need someone to EV Train my Pokemon
    Need CLONED Pokeball & Fancy Vivillons

Spoiler:- Wanna Trade?:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohei View Post
    Do you have to maximise the wanted evs of a pokemon as fast as you can? Cause my pokemon keep on getting evs in certain stats that i dont want it to have.. If i leave it, it will maximise all its potential uncontrolably and i wont be able to train it further (without reset bags which i have never gotten)
    Turn off exp share whilst not EV training, this will prevent training in stats you don't want. I'm pretty sure there are particular berries that remove EV's from pokemon. I'm sure someone will either find a link for you or you can search the web...

what's the best training for Swampert? HP,SAttt and Def or SDef?

FC: 2294-4517-3671 (IGN: Alen)
    STOP BY MY SUPER-SECRET BASE FOR A DRINK OR TWO
    Psychic friend safari:

Pokegym League gym badges earned:
    Astral-Shadow and The-Under for the frontier userbar
    and Turpoo for the battle reef userbar
    and Azulart for the gym badges

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Turn off exp share whilst not EV training, this will prevent training in stats you don't want. I'm pretty sure there are particular berries that remove EV's from pokemon. I'm sure someone will either find a link for you or you can search the web...
    OH! so thats why my pokemon been getting stats that I don't want xD. But you mean turn off exp share while EV training right?

National Pokedex 718/718 Shiny Charm Obtained! | Shiny Starter Hunt Completed! 6/6 ~

OH! so thats why my pokemon been getting stats that I don't want xD. But you mean turn off exp share while EV training right?
    Nope, You want it on whilst EV training, so your low level pokemon can get the EV's needed. Turn it off if you have a pokemon in the party you don't want EV training.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Nope, You want it on whilst EV training, so your low level pokemon can get the EV's needed. Turn it off if you have a pokemon in the party you don't want EV training.
    oh sorry i didnt mention this, but I was talking about the super training, it increases evs right?

oh sorry i didnt mention this, but I was talking about the super training, it increases evs right?
    Each minigame and each bag gives a specific EV boost. Only play the games that give the boost to the stat you want on that pokemon. Only give bags to the pokemon if it boosts the correct stat. You control which stat gets boosted through making the choice of what to play.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

Quote Originally Posted by venom1950 View Post
    what's the best training for Swampert? HP,SAttt and Def or SDef?
    It depends on how you want to play Swampert; more defensive sets will run 240 HP/16 Atk/252 Def to hit a Leftovers number and avoid being 2HKO'd by Choice Scarf Flygon (which is relevant in UU), whereas more offensive tanks will run 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Def for more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    Each minigame and each bag gives a specific EV boost. Only play the games that give the boost to the stat you want on that pokemon. Only give bags to the pokemon if it boosts the correct stat. You control which stat gets boosted through making the choice of what to play.
    s
    I only train my blastoise in Special attack and HP but why does its attack stat increases too? (Not exactly after I do the SPattack/HP minigames/give a bag, but it does increase).

s
    I only train my blastoise in Special attack and HP but why does its attack stat increases too? (Not exactly after I do the SPattack/HP minigames/give a bag, but it does increase).
    Check to see if you have exp share on, as this is what leads to many pokemon getting EV's that you don't want. If you max out both HP and SpAtt then Blastoise can only get 6 EV's in attack to make up the 510 EV limit. Make sure you are using the correct Power Item if using the Horde battle method otherwise you will get the wrong EV's. Use a Kelpsy berry to remove unwanted attack EV's.

It depends on how you want to play Swampert; more defensive sets will run 240 HP/16 Atk/252 Def to hit a Leftovers number and avoid being 2HKO'd by Choice Scarf Flygon (which is relevant in UU), whereas more offensive tanks will run 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Def for more power.
    thanks! but why in def if there's more special grass type moves. i'll invest some in sp def and some in def just in case.

FC: 2294-4517-3671 (IGN: Alen)
    STOP BY MY SUPER-SECRET BASE FOR A DRINK OR TWO
    Psychic friend safari:

Pokegym League gym badges earned:
    Astral-Shadow and The-Under for the frontier userbar
    and Turpoo for the battle reef userbar
    and Azulart for the gym badges

Quote Originally Posted by venom1950 View Post
    thanks! but why in def if there's more special grass type moves. i'll invest some in sp def and some in def just in case.
    Because Swampert shouldn't survive Grass Type Moves anyway, nor be switched into them, and that it can still survive Scarfed Flygon, as said by EB.

Hey guys. Ive been playing pokemon for years. I never played diamond and pearl or BW2. Im trying to teach my Jolteon Hidden power Ice for a competitive team that I am building. From what I gather Hidden power varies on the IV's of that pokemon. How do i get the right combination of IV's so that when I teach Eevee hidden power it is going to be of ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Qweezy View Post
    Hey guys. Ive been playing pokemon for years. I never played diamond and pearl or BW2. Im trying to teach my Jolteon Hidden power Ice for a competitive team that I am building. From what I gather Hidden power varies on the IV's of that pokemon. How do i get the right combination of IV's so that when I teach Eevee hidden power it is going to be of ice?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ation_III_to_V

Ideally, you'll get a spread of 31/30/30/31/31/31.

Ok I know how to breed perfect IV's. So my issue here is how do I get the ATK and DEF IV's at 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Qweezy View Post
    Ok I know how to breed perfect IV's. So my issue here is how do I get the ATK and DEF IV's at 30?
    You would need to breed from parents with a 30 IV in Atk and Def and hope for those IVs to pass down to the child Eevee.

Page 103 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast