Page 104 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

OMG! I am getting so frustrated. Is my game glitched with Lapras?

For about 10 hours of game time now I have been trying to breed a Lapras with IVs in HP, Def, Special Attack and Special Def. 10 hours of game play I haven't managed to get 1, not 1.

I have tried everything, males and females with different ivs, swapping the everstone and destiny knot between them, adding in dittos, taking out dittos. Nothing is working and it is extremely frustrating. Its the same thing over and over and over again. Logon for the night, Get 5 eggs, cycle around Lumiose city centre, go to the bank to check the IVs. 80% of the time they have 1 IV. I do this 3 or 4 times a night, so 15 or 20 eggs per night.

I am getting nothing. What am I doing wrong? This is making me not want to play because I know what is going to happen.

I don't want handouts and I don't want to give up because that's not me. But jeez, this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FinchReese View Post

For about 10 hours of game time now I have been trying to breed a Lapras with IVs in HP, Def, Special Attack and Special Def. 10 hours of game play I haven't managed to get 1, not 1.

I have tried everything, males and females with different ivs, swapping the everstone and destiny knot between them, adding in dittos, taking out dittos. Nothing is working and it is extremely frustrating. Its the same thing over and over and over again. Logon for the night, Get 5 eggs, cycle around Lumiose city centre, go to the bank to check the IVs. 80% of the time they have 1 IV. I do this 3 or 4 times a night, so 15 or 20 eggs per night.

I am getting nothing. What am I doing wrong? This is making me not want to play because I know what is going to happen.

I don't want handouts and I don't want to give up because that's not me. But jeez, this is ridiculous.
    /watch?v=gTuSvjYOlfE
    FC: 4356-0204-5540
    Fairy-type Safari: Snubbull, Spritzee & Floette

Please PM me if you add me!

It's just really bad luck most likely. First things first, I'd suggest using the IV checker in Kiloude over the Battle Institute, which I think is what you mean by "bank," right? He's faster, and you don't have to calculate stats or enter the test once for each egg.

Second, what are the spreads for your parents? You'll need at least one to have a perfect for each stat you want to breed. Ideally, both would have it.

Let's start there, and see what's up.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

It may sound silly, but double check that the two Pokemon you have in the Daycare have the IVs you are trying to pass. Even with the worst luck, it shouldn't take 10 hours to pass 4 IVs. How many perfect IVs do each of the parents have?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    It may sound silly, but double check that the two Pokemon you have in the Daycare have the IVs you are trying to pass. Even with the worst luck, it shouldn't take 10 hours to pass 4 IVs. How many perfect IVs do each of the parents have?
    10 Hours to pass 4IVs?

Ugh, it took a combined 36 hours over a week and 10 Boxes for me to finally get a Torchic with Perfect IVs in Speed and Attack, even though both parents had IVs in Speed and Attack.
    And then it doesn't have Speed Boost.

My luck must be horrible, then.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    10 Hours to pass 4IVs?

Ugh, it took a combined 36 hours over a week and 10 Boxes for me to finally get a Torchic with Perfect IVs in Speed and Attack, even though both parents had IVs in Speed and Attack.
    And then it doesn't have Speed Boost.

My luck must be horrible, then.
    Oh wow, seriously? I must have relatively decent luck then. Just yesterday I got *really* lucky and got a 5iv Solosis after about 4 tries with parents that weren't even all the way IV'd except in HP and Sp.Attack.
    Yanmask is taking forever though. ;_; /retaliation.
    I'm working on getting a viable Yanmask parent since its the only pokemon with both Mineral and Amorphous egg groups. XD

What's infuriating about IV breeding at times too is when you get nice IVs...but then just *one* REFUSES to show up several dozen eggs later. Eugh. XD

Is there a suggestion for steps to take if you're shooting for 0 ivs, by chance?
    Last edited by Rio!; 30th December 2013 at 9:06 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Oh wow, seriously? I must have relatively decent luck then. Just yesterday I got *really* lucky and got a 5iv Solosis after about 4 tries with parents that weren't even all the way IV'd except in HP and Sp.Attack.
    Yanmask is taking forever though. ;_; /retaliation.
    I'm working on getting a viable Yanmask parent since its the only pokemon with both Mineral and Amorphous egg groups. XD

What's infuriating about IV breeding at times too is when you get nice IVs...but then just *one* REFUSES to show up several dozen eggs later. Eugh. XD

Is there a suggestion for steps to take if you're shooting for 0 ivs, by chance?
    The only 0 should be speed for trick room (or Aegislash), maybe attack on a special attacker. Best bet is find a parent with it (IV checker will point out stat as dismal, but exact phrasing varies). Then put a power item on it. As long as one parent doesn't have 0, use the power item and destiny knot while praying to the nature gods, or the everstone while praying to the IV gods. Once both parents have 0 in that IV, go back to regular destiny knot and everstone breeding.

Unova

Got my HP Ice Jolteon!! Thanks alot for the help.

I just got into competitive battling and I've IV/EV train some of my mons and I don't know why some of you have so much problems with IV breeding...
    Because I find it quite easy and I breed for 5 needed IVs all the time and it doesn't take more than an hour if I have to start from the beginning.
    Sometimes, I already have a pokemon with 5IV in the same egg group so it's even faster.

Let me know if you are in trouble with your IV breeding, maybe I can pass you something in the same egg group which would help! :P
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Hi guys, first time poster here, long time player.

I've been heavily into breeding for IVs in this game and I've come to the realisation that I think it's impossible to have both Hidden Power Fire AND IVs of 31 in both speed and special attack on the same pokemon. I've been using the Hidden Power formula found on this site.

Is anyone able to confirm or deny what I suspect?

That is correct, yes.

Is there a way to know what EVs my pokemon already have? I just started to get into EV training with pokemon I would like to keep on my team. However, they probably already have some EVs from me training them. I just don't know what they are in.

Is there a way to know what EVs my pokemon already have? I just started to get into EV training with pokemon I would like to keep on my team. However, they probably already have some EVs from me training them. I just don't know what they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    On the Super Training screen on the bottom screen (you may need to press L/R to get to it) it will show you what your Pokemon's EVs are in which stat. There aren't any numbers, but you can get a rough estimate of what they are. If you don't like them, you can either use EV reducing berries to get rid of a specific stat's EVs or a Reset Bag to get rid of all of them.
    Last edited by bolter1; 31st December 2013 at 1:12 AM.

can i get some EV training input? i searched safari for a few days trying to find a shiny charmeleon to add to my team...finally came across one although not the ideal poke. think i may still EV train and use anyway....so far untrained, level 30, modest with blaze...

[IMG]http://oi39.*******.com/2hwpxk.jpg[/IMG]

thinking about defense, sp. attack, and the couple remaining hp. but could also see a coupe other options...
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobius View Post
    can i get some EV training input? i searched safari for a few days trying to find a shiny charmeleon to add to my team...finally came across one although not the ideal poke. think i may still EV train and use anyway....so far untrained, level 30, modest with blaze...

[IMG]http://oi39.*******.com/2hwpxk.jpg[/IMG]

thinking about defense, sp. attack, and the couple remaining hp. but could also see a coupe other options...
    I'd go with Special Attack and Speed.

speed was my first thought, but then i thought i may want to do something about that nasty defense number..
    3DS Friend Code: Doobius - 1607-2505-9784
    Safari: Electric - Pikachu - Dedenne - Luxio

Your signature contained too many images. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Trying to breed a 5 IV porygon. I really wanted to MM for a shiny 5 IV porygon but trying to find the right ditto is a PITA. I have a foreign porygon with 4 IVs including attack so I need to a timid ditto with 31 IVs in HP and speed. Right now I'm just breeding for a normal 5 IV porygon. I bred an imperfect one that I traded for a regice earlier lol.
    Last edited by Covert Cactus; 31st December 2013 at 4:06 AM.
    FC 3351-5069-8758
    Dark type friend safari with Pawniard, Crawdaunt, and Liepard

3x Shiny Halloween 2013 Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Drifblim

So, got several 5 IV Gastlys, all timid, and I am looking to make myself one beast of a Gengar.
    But, which gastyl should I EV train?
    I already know that the spread will be 4 HP, 252 spa, 252 spe.

So, here they are:

31/31/31/x/31/31

x/31/31/31/31/31

31/31/x/31/31/31

31/31/31/x/31/31

x/31/31/31/31/31

31/31/31/31/31/x

Obviously, I will take those that have 31 spa and speed, but he should be able to take a hit so HP is a go.
    31/31/x/31/31/31 this one seems to be the best, but I am not sure how important defense is for this thing.
    Btw. it is going to be a mega gengar.
    Last edited by Ajduk; 31st December 2013 at 5:48 PM.
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    MF FC: 4227-2057-1261

National pokedex challenge completed!
    National pokedex completed 3 days before New Year.
    Thnx to all who helped me

Ideally, you'd use a Gastly with 31/x/31/31/31/31, but if you can't breed that, use the 31/31/x/31/31/31 Gastly.

What I noticed is that Tyrogue has some egg moves that I want to breed onto him like Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. How do u breed egg moves onto a pokemon that can only be male

Quote Originally Posted by FlareBlitz3000 View Post
    What I noticed is that Tyrogue has some egg moves that I want to breed onto him like Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. How do u breed egg moves onto a pokemon that can only be male
    They all come from either Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, or Hitmontop. Breed one of those with the Egg moves you want with a Ditto, and hatch a Tyrogue with those Egg moves.

Quote Originally Posted by FlareBlitz3000 View Post
    One of the Hitmons learns it through Level up (in this case Hitmonchan).

Edit: ninja'd

Unova

Hey guys, another Destiny Knot question that I haven't been able to find the answer to by searching for it yet. What happens to the IVs that aren't passed down by Destiny Knot? Are they determined completely at random or are they also chosen from the parents somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroiga View Post
    /watch?v=gTuSvjYOlfE
    Thanks yeah I watched that a month or so ago when I started getting into it.

I have managed to breed a Snorlax and Aerodactyl but Lapras is proving very illusive. Currently in the day care I have a Male Lapras with 1 good Iv that is in def. A female with Hp, Special Attack and Special Def. I don't have any other Lapras's with more than 1 good IV including def so I have to roll with this one. The only dittos I have with def Ivs also have Ivs in other stats which I don't want, mostly attack.

What am I doing wrong? Ultimately I want a Lapras with 31 in HP, Def, Spa and Spd.

Happy New year by the way everyone!

Page 104 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast