Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3058

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeoplesGamer View Post
    Hey guys, another Destiny Knot question that I haven't been able to find the answer to by searching for it yet. What happens to the IVs that aren't passed down by Destiny Knot? Are they determined completely at random or are they also chosen from the parents somehow?
    As of Pokémon X & Y, this item, when attached to a Pokémon while breeding, will cause the baby Pokémon to inherit 5 IVs from its parents
    http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/destinyknot.shtml

The 5IVs are chosen at random from both parents. Say I have a male Totodile with 31/31/x/x/31/x and a Ditto with x/31/x/31/31/x.
    The IVs passed are chosen at random from both parents and only 5 are passed in total; so a spread like 31/31/x/x/31/x is entirely possible. Notice how the child isn't that much better than either parent.

The randomness of the IV passing is why you will see breeders with boxes full of a single pokemon while they are hatching for a single one with the IVs the breeder wants.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

@ ThePeoplesGamer,
    When using the destiny knot, the remaining stat is random.

@FinchReese,
    You're doing it right, but the odds are against you, and you're just having bad luck. Keep using the destiny knot and the lapras with multiple IVs. Eventually the Def will pass down. Even if not all of your stats pass down, if you get Def and even one of the other stats you're looking for, switch that one with the Def parent, if they're the same gender. Two parents with a stat are more likely to produce an offspring with that stat. Then just keep trying and switching for better parents. Good luck!
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

So I have a question. How do you split EV's in Hoard Battles? For example if you want a Pokemon with the EV set of 252 Attack, and 126 in Defense and Sp. Defense and 6 in Speed, how would you do it? Because Hoard Battles are the easiest, but you can't really split EV's easily. Would it just be better to use Super Training for splitting EV's?

OMG! I hate it when it starts raining right after you begin EV training on some routes. I was training against hordes of Weepinbell and Arbok east of Snowbelle and it starts pouring down rain after about 4 battles. I went south of Laverre and it's pouring down rain there too. I can't EV train my Axew, Archen and Ralts now unless I Super Train them but that will be much slower.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    OMG! I hate it when it starts raining right after you begin EV training on some routes. I was training against hordes of Weepinbell and Arbok east of Snowbelle and it starts pouring down rain after about 4 battles. I went south of Laverre and it's pouring down rain there too. I can't EV train my Axew, Archen and Ralts now unless I Super Train them but that will be much slower.
    If you're really desperate you could try the Cubchoo in Frost Cavern, although they're not as common and only give out 1 Attack EV. At least there's no chance of rain there.

So as of today, I'm starting my wonderful journey of being a pokemon breeder for perfect IV's.

My first pokemon: Torchic. I bred the event Torchic with a ditto with max IVs in Attack and Speed, and the result was an adamant male with max attack and speed IVs. What's the next step from here?

So I too have been toying with the idea of IV breeding, but I feel like I'm missing something pretty fundamental. I admit that I came across the concept fairly recently, but everything I've read doesn't seem to explain the issue I'm having.

I have two Ponyta's that I caught from the Friend Safari, each has been kept at level 30, I haven't done any super training with them and I am decently sure I haven't been any battles with them either.
    Sorry to get into the details, but that's kind of where I'm lost: Ponyta A has HP-72, Atk-53, Def-42, Sp. Atk - 48, Sp. Def - 53, and Speed - 63. The IV judge says that both Sp. Defense and Speed of Ponyta A "Can't be beat" (which I have learned means they are at 31). Ponyta B has HP - 70, Atk - 62, Def - 44, Sp. Atk - 53, Sp. Def - 47, and Speed - 65. The IV judge says that Sp. Atk and Sp. Def "can't be beat" as well.

For Ponyta A and B the Special Defense IV is apparently at 31, but the stat that I see is different by 6 points. The judge also says that the Speed IV of Ponyta A is at 31, while the speed of Ponyta B is higher (and apparently not at 31).
    Again, same level, 0 EV, same gender, what in the world am I missing? The only non stat difference I've noticed are the nature and characteristic, but I haven't seen anything that would suggest that that would explain the stat/IV discrepancy I seem to be getting. Could I please get some help?

It seems right. A different nature may result in a 10% change in stat, even if IVs are the same. Is ponyta B sassy by any chance?
    Last edited by naudna; 3rd January 2014 at 1:11 PM.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

Quote Originally Posted by naudna View Post
    It seems right. A different nature may result in a 10% change in stat, even if IVs are the same. Is ponyta B sassy by any chance?
    Ahh! I feel like I knew that at some point but didn't connect the dots there, thanks! Ponyta A is Modest (and somewhat vain), but Ponyta B is Naughty (and mischievous), Modest nature would then be the "unaffected" version, right?

@NightShadow, I'd suggest training attack like normal horde training. Then it's a bit of math. Determine how many EVs you get per knockout for a Sp. Def horde. Let's say 10. Then you battle two full hordes for 100 EVs. Call up another horde, but only beat two pokes for 20 EV. Then the remaining is done through super training. Repeat for Def.

Note that 126 isn't evenly divisible by 4. There are two wasted EVs. If you want the 4 in speed. Then one def should be 128 to minimize the unused EVs. Otherwise have both def at 128, and put the remaining two on some random stat.

@Sulfurian, if the offspring has better IVs than the parent, switch it, and put in a ditto with different good IVs. IV breeding is sll about switching out parents when better spreads are born. Eventually you want to get a good female and have two torchic breeding; that makes the switching easier.

Unova

Not really. Every nature 'affects' in a different way. Just need to choose the nature that is least detrimental to your pokemon. I don't have much experience in this with regards to ponyta, so perhaps someone else could comment?
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

Quote Originally Posted by naudna View Post
    Not really. Every nature 'affects' in a different way. Just need to choose the nature that is least detrimental to your pokemon. I don't have much experience in this with regards to ponyta, so perhaps someone else could comment?
    Modest lowers attack and ups Sp Att. Naughty ups attack and Lowers Sp Def, which probably explains that difference. Not sure what's up with the speed. Did ponyta A and B get mixed up somewhere? Maybe double check the IVs and EVs.

Unova

I recently have been training a pokemon with super training and finished maxing my training but forgot to give my pokemon pokerus. should I scrap this pokemon and start all over?

Quote Originally Posted by yost112 View Post
    I recently have been training a pokemon with super training and finished maxing my training but forgot to give my pokemon pokerus. should I scrap this pokemon and start all over?
    The only reason to give it Pokerus is to EV train it. If you trained it without Pokerus, why would you need to infect it?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    Modest lowers attack and ups Sp Att. Naughty ups attack and Lowers Sp Def, which probably explains that difference. Not sure what's up with the speed. Did ponyta A and B get mixed up somewhere? Maybe double check the IVs and EVs.
    Crap. With all the staring at those stats I can't believe I messed that up. Ponyta A has a Speed of 68. Everything makes sense in the world now, right? I just have to worry about natures now.

By the way, Bulbapedia says that there are five natures that don't "affect" stats (well they technically lower and raise the same stat). I definitely thought Modest was one of them, but naudna are you saying that even Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky and Serious affect stat growth?

My mistake. Those neutral natures don't do anything.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

Phew, ok thanks! I think I'm set to go then. Hopefully my patience/sanity lasts...

So I am one stat off from having a perfect IV'd torchic.

I have a male speed boost adamant torchic with IVs in HP, Attack, Special Defense, and Speed.

I'm trying to breed it with a ditto with IVs in defense and special defense. Torchic has the everstone and ditto has the knot. Am I doing it right so far?

Yup, that's how you'd go about it.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yup, that's how you'd go about it.
    I also have a ditto with ivs in HP/Defense/Speed.

If I swap this ditto with the defense/special defense one, will I have a better chance of getting all 5 iv's maxed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurian View Post
    I also have a ditto with ivs in HP/Defense/Speed.

If I swap this ditto with the defense/special defense one, will I have a better chance of getting all 5 iv's maxed?
    Slightly better. The more stats that overlap between parents, the better the chance of that stat being perfect. Two overlapped stats are better than one.

Unova

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It always happens to me too. I like the Gligar/Weepinbell/Arbok route because after having EV train and complete the dex in one single training area, it's cool to change. But the rain is always there to stop my Sweet Scent. However, the forest (route 20) right beside Snowbelle is actually a good place to train with Trevenants that give 2 Attack EV's and a lot of experience (If you manage to avoid these Foongus...)
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

can some one give me a Ditto with good iv's

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeanutFree View Post
    Try looking at the Friend Safari friend code thread, ask people with Ditto safari's to become friends and then you can catch your own with at least 2 31IV's.
    Or ask if someone will trade you a Ditto for something of yours.
    And always say please and thank you

Don't come across rude though, like above, it'll make people less likely to help out.
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeanutFree View Post
    You can also go to the Trading thread...
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast