Page 112 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

I have a question about IV/EVs:

a) If I am picky with IVs and I want let's say attack and defense, do I have to breed to get all 31 IVs for all stats? Does it make a difference if I have two perfect IV stats that I need while the others are okay?

b) I heard Super Training is pointless if you have pokerus, and that super training isn't as good as hoarde method for EVs in general. Is that true?
    Friend Code: 1220-7590-4764
    Pokemon in My Safari:[ROCK Type] Onix, Nosepass, Barbaracle

Having perfect IVs in every stat isn't necessary for most Pokemon, as most of them only rely on physical or special attacks, not both. Even so, the number of situations where a few extra points of attack will actually make a difference are very low.

And yes, Super Training is far slower then training on Pokemon hordes if you have the Pokerus and Power items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-bug View Post
    I have a question about IV/EVs:

a) If I am picky with IVs and I want let's say attack and defense, do I have to breed to get all 31 IVs for all stats? Does it make a difference if I have two perfect IV stats that I need while the others are okay?

Yes you do. You can neglect the one stat your pokemon will not need, like Sp. Attack in case of Adamant Nature. But other than that, 31 is required, because other players will have 31. You do not want to be falling behind.

The best way to find out EV spreads is fighting (A LOT of fighting) , and seeing for yourself what do your pokemon need to have improved, and/or what they don't need so much. 252 EV is not always the best choice.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 31st January 2014 at 8:36 AM.

Excuse me, but I have a question that I like to ask of you guys. If my pokemon got all the medals from Secret Super Training, what's going to happen to it? When one of my pokemon got all the medals from Super Training, then it said it become "Supremely Trained Pokemon".
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Felt like I needed to repost this from before. I edited it from last time a bit to include a small FAQ that covers general question often asked. Should you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them via PM or this thread when I am online. Good luck to all the new players getting into competitive, I can't wait to face you all on my X!

TEAM BUILDING GUIDE
    Making Competitive Pokémon Teams

There are lot of things to take into consideration when creating a team from scratch. You have to know which Pokémon you'd like to use, what roles they'll play on your team, the way your team plays and the way to get the Pokémon you want. You'll find that even if you plan ahead for your team, you end up replacing at least few members along the way. This is normal; sometimes people have a team revolving around a certain theme (ex. mono-type, mono-colour, mono-generation, only one Pokémon per generation, etc.) and end up scrapping the centerpieces of teams due to incompatibility with the theme. The best thing to do is to think of 12 different Pokémon each with differing types. Figure out what roles they can play on your team (Leads; are they suicide or to be brought back? Sweepers; how many, which side, will they set-up? Tanks; do I need any? Walls; where am I lacking? Sponges; do I want some fun? Stallers; do I have a lot of time?). Once you do, go onto a battle simulator like Pokémon Showdown and try out the team in about 5 different battles to get a feel for your weaknesses. If you find that your team is weak in one area, switch around the Pokémon or add in an entirely new one! As you gain more experience in team building, you start to learn what is more important to your own, individual and specific play style.

After you have your team ready and decided with their move sets, EV / IV spreads, nicknames, etc., it's time to move on to actually getting them in-game. The hardest, most grindy part of almost any game is IV breeding for Pokémon - it can take hours just to get your feet off the ground. There are dozens of guides on how to IV breed, but I'll just do a quick run through. The goal of IV breeding is to get a Pokémon with an IV spread of five stats with 31 and a sixth with x (any number between 0 and 31 inclusive). IVs determine how strong a Pokémon is, the more the better. Thanks to the immense breeding overhaul in Gen 6, IV breeding is possible for anyone to do! The first thing you want to do is find someone with a Friend Safari that contains Dittos. Try and catch about 10. Find out their IVs at the IV checker in Kiloude Pokémon Center. Once you find out their IVs, mark it on the PC (There's a marking option when you select Pokémon). The shapes shown each represent HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed, respectively. Hopefully by this point you have an understanding of what Pokémon Natures are and how beneficial they can be. What you want to do now is start breeding your team, member by member. Say you want to breed a Mareep to use as a Mega-Ampharos. Find any Mareep and breed it with a Ditto that has a nature that Mareep would benefit having (Typically Modest, Calm or Quiet). Attach an Everstone to the Ditto with said Nature and breed it with the Mareep. * If you have any Power items, this is one of the times it'd be beneficial * [Power Items force down IVs from Parents to Children, say the Ditto doesn't have any striking IVs, but it still has two 31 IVs, no point in wasting a breeding right?]. Once you have the child with 31 in a single stat you are ready for the most grinding you've ever experienced.

Say, for example, you have an x/x/31/x/x/x Quiet Mareep and a 31/x/x/31/x/x Ditto. Give the Mareep the Everstone and Ditto a Power Weight or Lens. Breed until you receive a 31/x/31/31/x/x Mareep. By this time you should have a male and female, each with more than 2 IVs. Give one the Everstone and the other the Destiny Knot, it forces down 5 IVs from the parents. 31/x/31/31/x/x and x/x/x/x/31/31 have a small chance of creating a 5 IV with the spread you want, but the main goal is to breed another 3 IV of a different gender and then two opposing gender 4 IVs and so on. With each breed your chances for a better spread increase. Consider using males that have multiple egg groups so that they can replace Ditto for later breedings.

Once you have your team fully bred after however long it took, you are ready to EV train them! Easily the fastest part of creating competitive Pokémon, the main crux of EV training is Pokérus and horde battling. You need Pokérus, a sweet scenter and Power Items to turn a battle that gives 5 EVs into a battle that gives 50. Find out where the Pokémon hordes are for those that give the EVs needed to better your Pokémon and spam horde battles there, using Sweet Scent to initiate the battles. Make sure to attach the appropriate Power Items to maximize EVs gained.

And the final part, leveling. After creating you team, it is time to build it up. Hopefully you have a strong Pokémon that can learn Earthquake or Rockslide by now, if not.... well there's always the Elite Four. Go to the Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose, use an EXP Power and talk to the attendant. Make sure that you have the Earthquaker in the second slot of your party as well as protect on the other two. Choose the Triple Battle option and beat all the trainers. By the end your Pokémon should be at least level 50, needing another quick go if it fainted or something. Repeat to bring all team members up to level 50.

Spoiler:- FAQ:
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Excuse me, but I have a question that I like to ask of you guys. If my pokemon got all the medals from Secret Super Training, what's going to happen to it? When one of my pokemon got all the medals from Super Training, then it said it become "Supremely Trained Pokemon".
    Nothing special happens to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Nothing special happens to it.
    You can get a special ribbon.

Hi,

I just have a quick question for everyone...
    I am new to EV training and I am currently trying to EV train my shiny plusle.
    Here's the question: Once I've done enough Zubat horde battles to max it's speed EV,
    can I then use it in normal battles to level up without it's speed stat changing or diminishing in any way?
    Friend Code: 4425-1505-8705 Friend Safari: dragon type (fraxure, noibat, and sligoo)
    My Shinies
    chain fishing ,, and Clawitzer
    Pokeradar ,,, emolga, Swirlix, and Gogoat
    MM (468 eggs), (169 eggs)
    Trade,,(6IVs),(6IVs) and

Current Shiny Hunts

Nothing for the moment.....taking a break, haha ^_^

Latest Shiny

Hatched after 169 eggs of MMing and about 1000 eggs of preparation to get two 6IV parents!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah White View Post
    Hi,

Here's the question: Once I've done enough Zubat horde battles to max it's speed EV,
    can I then use it in normal battles to level up without it's speed stat changing or diminishing in any way?
    Yes you can. Once a Pokemon hits the maximum EVs in a stat, it will no longer be able to gain them in that stat.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

Hi,

It will never diminish once you EV trained it.

You can reset the EV training using the white bag in Super Training, but once a stat is maxed out, fighting wild pokemon will not change it. And you will not gain any EV once you max the training out and have 510 EV (Full green bar in Super Training)

Also you can quickly check what your Plusle will have in stats on lvl. 50 if you make it participate in the Battle Test in Lumiose.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 31st January 2014 at 6:17 PM.

I have the weirdest luck breeding Eevee's, I've twice gotten a 6IV female Eevee (and two male, sort of besides the point) and litteraly never a perfect 5IV female, which is quite weird odds. 1/6 vs 1/32; fun though, they are both better for breeding and I can usually trade them for better pokemon too. I know the luck element is random but sometimes it really almost feels biased for some pokemon, such as the last time I bred Riolu out of the 10 eggs 4 where perfect 5IV and one 6IV while I've probably hatched up to 50 Espurr without a single 5IV one, in both cases using either perfect 5IV or 6IV parents, sometimes fun, sometimes annoying. Guess that's just the thing with luck, it's odds, but they are still randomish due to being odds, not guarantees.
    Gen 6 FC: 3883 6277 2269 (Azgaza)

Not a team but rather my favorites out of all pokemon I have (all still part of teams):

Link to my trade shop
    Featuring: 5-6IV's, Hidden Abilities, Egg Moves, 5IV Shiny's and more
    Shiny's I've bred so far using the Mesuda Method: perfect Espurr (M), imperfect Cyndaquil(M)[/U], for best odds I always use a foreign parent ^^

I'm trying to figure out which is better and I'm hoping you guys can help

I'm currently breeding Houndours to get some perfect IV's (mainly in defense, special attack, and special defense). Which is better to have, a Houndour considered "relatively superior" with four perfect IV's (in my case it's a female Houndour with a Mild Nature and Flash Fire ability x/x/31/31/31/31) or an "outstanding" Houndour with three perfect IV's (which the ones I have range everywhere as far as which three IV's). I'm trying to see if I can get a outstanding Houndour with four IV's and I'll be happy, but I wanted some feedback/opinions... Especially since this is my first time really breeding for perfect IV's...

If it helps, I'm definitely looking to get a Houndour that is going to be a special attacker and I will be mega evolving it in battle.

Thanks so much everyone

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

You only really need flawless Special Attack and Speed IVs on it, but getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/31 one is preferable (depending on whether or not your Houndoom is going to go mixed).

Either way, if you're running a purely special set, Timid or Modest is better than Mild (and more important to get right than IVs); on a mixed set, running Naive is usually better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zivinolette View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which is better and I'm hoping you guys can help

I'm currently breeding Houndours to get some perfect IV's (mainly in defense, special attack, and special defense). Which is better to have, a Houndour considered "relatively superior" with four perfect IV's (in my case it's a female Houndour with a Mild Nature and Flash Fire ability x/x/31/31/31/31) or an "outstanding" Houndour with three perfect IV's (which the ones I have range everywhere as far as which three IV's). I'm trying to see if I can get a outstanding Houndour with four IV's and I'll be happy, but I wanted some feedback/opinions... Especially since this is my first time really breeding for perfect IV's...

If it helps, I'm definitely looking to get a Houndour that is going to be a special attacker and I will be mega evolving it in battle.

Thanks so much everyone
    "Outstanding" is the highest possible remark about the total base stats of your pokemon.
    Therefore, even if you had 4 perfect IV, but a "relatively superior" comment, it means the other 2 stats are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    You only really need flawless Special Attack and Speed IVs on it, but getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/31 one is preferable (depending on whether or not your Houndoom is going to go mixed).

Either way, if you're running a purely special set, Timid or Modest is better than Mild (and more important to get right than IVs); on a mixed set, running Naive is usually better.
    Makes perfect sense I ended up getting a male that was considered relatively superior with a Naive nature and mischievous characteristic and 4 perfect IV set of x/x/31/31/31/31, so I'm going to breed my four IV male and female so I can keep the naive nature and flash fire ability wrapped into one.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

Does anyone have suggestions on an EV spread for my Jolly natured Celebi?

Hi all

I just have a little question....
    Once I've finished EV training my pokemon, is it a bad thing
    to level them up to 100 in the daycare?
    Friend Code: 4425-1505-8705 Friend Safari: dragon type (fraxure, noibat, and sligoo)
    My Shinies
    Trade,,(6IVs),(6IVs) and

Current Shiny Hunts

Latest Shiny

Hatched after 169 eggs of MMing and about 1000 eggs of preparation to get two 6IV parents!

Hi all

I just have a little question....
    Once I've finished EV training my pokemon, is it a bad thing
    to level them up to 100 in the daycare?
    They will forget the moves the know if they get to a level they would learn a new move. The move at the top of your list will be erased. I find it pretty easy to level them up in the Battle Chateau once you can issue the Silver Writ of Challenge.
    Guides I've written:

Ah ok, awesome!
    Thanks for the advice
    My Shinies
    Trade,,(6IVs),(6IVs) and

Current Shiny Hunts

Latest Shiny

Lol I love 6 IV Dittos. Just went from a 0 IV Porygon to a 5 IV Porygon in two eggs.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    Lol I love 6 IV Dittos. Just went from a 0 IV Porygon to a 5 IV Porygon in two eggs.
    Even better when they are from different regions ha ha. Yeah I need to start breeding again ive been busy pulling over all my old pokemon from ruby to diamond to black then to Y :s.

Anyone know any viable 6th gen lead pokemon that have access to SR? I can only think Ferrothorn.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

If you are willing to breed for it, Larvitar can learn it as an egg move.
    Guides I've written:

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    If you are willing to breed for it, Larvitar can learn it as an egg move.
    Give me a Solid build, probably go unerve as me team doesnt syncronize well with sanstorm, which i know as my weakness. I have about 4 different Ttars bred in Y already, but i never thought of SR usually because I fear seeing Infernape. I was going to run suicide aerodactyl but its move tutor... FML

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Give me a Solid build, probably go unerve as me team doesnt syncronize well with sanstorm, which i know as my weakness. I have about 4 different Ttars bred in Y already, but i never thought of SR usually because I fear seeing Infernape. I was going to run suicide aerodactyl but its move tutor... FML
    I got with impish nature and max HP max Defense. With this spread and sandstorm, you're practically guaranteed SR.

A few others that work are Garchomp, Deoxy-S and Landorus T. Idk if you have access to the latter two though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I got with impish nature and max HP max Defense. With this spread and sandstorm, you're practically guaranteed SR.

A few others that work are Garchomp, Deoxy-S and Landorus T. Idk if you have access to the latter two though.
    Its more like a VGC team, so deoxy-s and Landorus-T wouldn't be available.

Page 112 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast