Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3077

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Is it really possible to get a Ditto in the Friend Safari with more than two perfect IV's? It makes it easier breeding the first initial batch of Pokemon before starting to get Egg Moves and it's also the easiest way to get better IV's on genderless Pokemon. Thing is, I don't want to go around catching random Ditto's if they can't, and if they can, how hard is it finding them?
    Friend Code: 1633-5265-3070
    Friend Safari: Normal
    Pokemon: Smeargle, Audino, Dunsparce

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Is it really possible to get a Ditto in the Friend Safari with more than two perfect IV's? It makes it easier breeding the first initial batch of Pokemon before starting to get Egg Moves and it's also the easiest way to get better IV's on genderless Pokemon. Thing is, I don't want to go around catching random Ditto's if they can't, and if they can, how hard is it finding them?
    Yes. It is just luck based.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Hi, I've got a question about IVs: does a Pokemon need to be fully EV trained in order for me to know its IVs?
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

It helps to know the EVs if you are looking for the IVs, but no you don't have to. It's easiest to determine IVs on an untouched Pokemon or a properly EV trained one.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I don't quite understand IV's. I mean in the sense about what the guy at Kiloude tells me about it. Exemple: If he's saying that my pokemon as outstanding stats with hp, def, sp attack and speed is good, doe's it means they are at 31?

And when you say it as like 5IV's does it mean it has 5 stats at 31?

(Sorry new to this technical part of the game as I just play with the pokemon I play regardless of the stats.)
    Last edited by Shao-May; 8th February 2014 at 10:14 PM.
    X Competitive Team (VGC Style): Commander Sheepard the Ampharos, Coco Chanel the Aromatisse, Me the Slowbro, Father the Marowak, Lobstar the Crawdaunt, Funkgi the Amoongus.

ORAS Special 10th Anniversary Shiny Team Project: Yusei the Blaziken, Postal the Swellow, Myazaki the Milotic, Maroon the Breloom, Christmas the Female Gardevoir, Arrow the Linoone

In game name: Maeve
    FC Code: 0146-8714-8650
    Safari Type: Fighting (Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue)

I love Nicknames!

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-May View Post
    I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I don't quite understand IV's. I mean in the sense about what the guy at Kiloude tells me about it. Exemple: If he's saying that my pokemon as outstanding stats with hp, def, sp attack and speed is good, doe's it means they are at 31?

And when you say it as like 5IV's does it mean it has 5 stats at 31?

(Sorry new to this technical part of the game as I just play with the pokemon I play regardless of the stats.)
    Yes and yes; a particular stat with 'outstanding' means it is at 31. When someone states they have a '5iv' Pokemon, it means there's 31 in that particular stat. You got it right. :B
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Ok, interesting, so when it's above average or superior they aren't at 31, so what is the number? (I feel less bad about releasing a whole bunch of furfrous now if they have decent stats... )
    X Competitive Team (VGC Style): Commander Sheepard the Ampharos, Coco Chanel the Aromatisse, Me the Slowbro, Father the Marowak, Lobstar the Crawdaunt, Funkgi the Amoongus.

ORAS Special 10th Anniversary Shiny Team Project: Yusei the Blaziken, Postal the Swellow, Myazaki the Milotic, Maroon the Breloom, Christmas the Female Gardevoir, Arrow the Linoone

I love Nicknames!

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-May View Post
    Ok, interesting, so when it's above average or superior they aren't at 31, so what is the number? (I feel less bad about releasing a whole bunch of furfrous now if they have decent stats... )
    For individual stats:

Rather decent = 0-15
    Good = 16-25
    Fantastic = 26-30
    Can't be beat = 31

For totals:

Decent = 0-90
    Above Average = 91-120
    Relatively Superior = 121-150
    Outstanding = 151-186
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the infos!

I love Nicknames!

Heyya, i wonder if anyone can help me with a IV problem iv'e been having.

So i'm currently breeding froakies with N's tympole and a female froakie with 4IV's. (Using a destiny knot and a everstone).
    The problem is that considering only 2 IV's aren't perfect between them then i should be getting pokemon with 4-6 IV's right?
    However i'm getting anything ranging from 1-5!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Destiny Knot raises the number of IVs passed down from 3 to 5, however there are a total of 12 IVs that can be passed down. Only when breeding two 6 IV parents together will the child always have a minimum of 5. It is definitely possible to breed a 2 IV before this number is reached. It's all luck.
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Finally got a dusk stone to evolve my doublade.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 13th February 2014 at 7:15 PM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Hi guys!
    I just wanted to ask this: if for the breeding I'm using a Ditto with 2 IVs instead of one with 3, is it still okay?
    I've got only one with 3 unfortunately (but also luckily).
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

It's ok, but it isn't as good as 3 because there is less of a chance of passing down the IV of a stat that has a 31.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Hi guys I'm trying to breed my 5 IV swampert as of right now. It's most likely going to be a cursepert and I was wondering if this is a good spread - 182 HP/252 Atk/60 SpDef. Would that be a good idea or is it better to put it on defense?
    Last edited by MrRoo; 15th February 2014 at 2:50 AM.

Don't worry gastly you'll be an artist soon enough D:

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    It's ok, but it isn't as good as 3 because there is less of a chance of passing down the IV of a stat that has a 31.
    Just as I thought...
    Still I don't feel like wasting any more time capturing a lot of Dittos, which I'm not sure will have 3 IVs.
    Guess I'll use the only one I have with 3 IVs for now....
    Thanks for answering me.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    Hi guys I'm trying to breed my 5 IV swampert as of right now. It's most likely going to be a cursepert and I was wondering if a 182 HP/252 Atk/60 SpDef. Would that be a good idea or is it better to put it on defense?
    That's going to partially depend on the context that you're using your Cursepert in; I'm not familiar with the uses of that particular Swampert spread.

Most Curse sets should run SpD EVs, though, as they're boosting their physical defense anyway.

Someone I randomly battled and later became acquaintances with traded me a Skiddo for an Evee. Turns out, the Skiddo has 6 perfect IV's (I know, I was shocked too but I checked the IV checker and it really does) so I was wondering what EV spread I should use. I was thinking HP, and Attack/Defense, is this a good option?

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Someone I randomly battled and later became acquaintances with traded me a Skiddo for an Evee. Turns out, the Skiddo has 6 perfect IV's (I know, I was shocked too but I checked the IV checker and it really does) so I was wondering what EV spread I should use. I was thinking HP, and Attack/Defense, is this a good option?
    Depends on the moveset you plan on using. Typically, there are two movesets:

Gogoat @ leftovers
    252hp,252atk,4sdef
    -Horn Leech
    -Milk Drink
    -Leech Seed
    -Earthquake

Gogoat @ Life orb
    252atk,252speed,4hp
    -Earthquake
    -Leaf blade or Horn Leech
    -Wild Charge
    -Milk Drink
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Gogoat's a solid 'mon in UU, definitely, and a personal favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Gogoat @ Life orb
    252atk,252speed,4hp
    -Earthquake
    -Leaf blade or Horn Leech
    -Wild Charge
    -Milk Drink
    Don't use this. Gogoat is a tank, not a sweeper. The first set is alright, but ought to run Rock Slide over Leech Seed for better coverage.

Not mentioning boosting Goat is borderline criminal.

Gogoat @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    idk what you have for nature

- Horn Leech / Leaf Blade
    - Rock Slide / Earthquake / Payback
    - Bulk Up
    - Substitute / Milk Drink

There's a bit of 4MSS on this set - you can't run three coverage moves with both Milk Drink and Bulk Up - so it's dependent somewhat on your playstyle. Running Life Orb and Leaf Blade will make the set pack more of a punch, though you'll need to run Milk Drink in order to have any staying power. If you opt for Lefties and Horn Leech, you'll have the health to throw up a Sub to shield yourself from status moves. You can also drop the fourth move for another coverage move entirely and run something like Horn Leech/QuakeSlide/Bulk Up if you'd like.

The moves I was planning on were Leech Seed, Milk Drink, Bulk Up, and Leaf Blade for a stalling Pokemon. However it seems I should just scrape Leech Seed entirely for Milk Drink Correct? I'm assuming because Lefties will basically be the Leech Seed, I just like the damage that comes with it. If I was going to go with Milk Drink, Bulk Up, and Leaf Blade/Horn Leech, what should the last move be? I was thinking Rock Slide or Earthquake. Also, which is better, Leaf Blade or Horn Leech?

Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    Destiny Knot raises the number of IVs passed down from 3 to 5, however there are a total of 12 IVs that can be passed down. Only when breeding two 6 IV parents together will the child always have a minimum of 5. It is definitely possible to breed a 2 IV before this number is reached. It's all luck.
    Is this true? There are a total of 12 IVs that can be inherited, but I thought having both parents with perfect IVs in all six stats meant that each baby would have at least three perfect IVs, not five. If the inherited IVs are selected independently and randomly, it's possible that both parents could pass the same IVs from the same stat--accounting for two perfect IVs, but counting as four of the five inherited IVs. The fifth inherited IV would be a flawless third stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Douliekmudkipz View Post
    Is this true? There are a total of 12 IVs that can be inherited, but I thought having both parents with perfect IVs in all six stats meant that each baby would have at least three perfect IVs, not five. If the inherited IVs are selected independently and randomly, it's possible that both parents could pass the same IVs from the same stat--accounting for two perfect IVs, but counting as four of the five inherited IVs. The fifth inherited IV would be a flawless third stat.
    I can verify that its true. Breeding 2 6IV pokemon with 1 holding a destiny knot can only give you 5IV eggs.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Excuse me but I have a question that I like to ask of you. If female Axew have an egg move that has 6 Max Ivs while a Charmander hold an everstone, can it learn one of the egg moves from the mother?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Excuse me but I have a question that I like to ask of you. If female Axew have an egg move that has 6 Max Ivs while a Charmander hold an everstone, can it learn one of the egg moves from the mother?
    As long as that move is learn-able by Charmander.

Read that wrong, yes, the mother can pass down egg moves.
    Last edited by MuhFugginMoose; 16th February 2014 at 2:36 AM.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast