Page 117 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3058

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    If it's Super Trained completely - that is, its EVs total to 510 - then you can't alter its EVs further without intentionally lowering its EVs first in some way.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    Yes, it will "have all the stats it should". It doesn't matter what level gets all its EVs, in the end it will have the stats you worked towards.
    Thanks,

That was what I needed to know, whether it was safe to level up to level 50 after complete super training.

Any suggestions as to where to train for level 50?

A few places I like to level my Pokemon"

Resturaunt Le Wow: A triple battle costs 100k, but I find that I can bring a pokemon from mid 20s to 50 here, with an Exp Boost O-Power. Prize Money here is nice too!

Friend Safari: This one isn't great, but not bad in short stints. If you have a FS with Chansey and Audino both in it, you can rack up some decent xp.

Elite 4: This works, but just gets a little boring for me.

The first method is my go-to. Its quick and nets a ton of levels, and you end up making more money than you spend once you cash in the Balm Mushrooms.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dunpeal View Post
    A few places I like to level my Pokemon"

Resturaunt Le Wow: A triple battle costs 100k, but I find that I can bring a pokemon from mid 20s to 50 here, with an Exp Boost O-Power. Prize Money here is nice too!

Friend Safari: This one isn't great, but not bad in short stints. If you have a FS with Chansey and Audino both in it, you can rack up some decent xp.

Elite 4: This works, but just gets a little boring for me.

The first method is my go-to. Its quick and nets a ton of levels, and you end up making more money than you spend once you cash in the Balm Mushrooms.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the list! I'll be sure to try out all of them (except the Elite 4, which I have already tried and as you said is pretty boring).

Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    Thanks for the list! I'll be sure to try out all of them (except the Elite 4, which I have already tried and as you said is pretty boring).
    Dinner Le WoW is the best place, I go with a lvl 1 pokemon in the center and 2 strong pokemon at each side that can hit multiple opponents, teach the protect to the lvl 1 and go wild. Exp O power and Lucky Egg on the lvl 1 as well. Can get them to lvl 100 fairly fast.

Not to mention, that if you use an Amulet Coin + Prize Money lvl 3, you end up banking 120k in just the first 2 fights when it only costs 90k to go in. (that leaves 3 fights more that average out 22k each, plus whatever you gain from selling the Mushrooms)

All in all, it really is the best place. Second best place I'd say if you have access to the Black Writ, which adds +20 levels to the opponents, then Battle Chateau high lvl Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champion AND theres a group of Kimono wearing girls that only use Audino (2-3 each), and those things give a LOT of exp.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

One last question:

What is a good EV set for my Talonflame /w:

Talonflame @ Life Orb
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: ? / ? / ? / ? / ? / ?
    Nature: Adamant
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

I'm trying not to go for the 252/252/4 unless it's really the best it can get.

One last question:

What is a good EV set for my Talonflame /w:

Talonflame @ Life Orb
    EVs: ? / ? / ? / ? / ? / ?
    Nature: Adamant
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

I'm trying not to go for the 252/252/4 unless it's really the best it can get.
    from the main sites competitive battle page for Gen 6

Well this is hawkward

- Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Item Attached: Sharp Beak / Sky Plate
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    from the main sites competitive battle page for Gen 6

Well this is hawkward

- Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Item Attached: Sharp Beak / Sky Plate
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    That's not a good one though.

Probably 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpDef is better. I use 252 Atk / 214 Spe / 44 Hp. Also don't use life orb on it, use Sharp Beak/Sky Plate.

Unhappy

So I'm trying to get a 5 I.V larvitar with 32 iv's in each stat except special attack.

In general here are my Impressions of the whole process.
    Pros: gives me stuff to put in the bank... I guess..? (Those boxes don't fill themselves)
    Probably creates demand for pokesav/gen or whatever the kids are using these days
    creates a market for hacked 6iv ditto which are sold on Amazon (no joke)
    Cons:
    Tedious, slow, monotonous, time consuming
    poorly explained they never even bother to explain how this stuff works.
    Oh what's that? You want an event Pokemon with a good nature and perfect I.V's, how about no.
    Is probably the closest thing these games have to self harm,
    Seriously, I have like 3 boxes of larvitar from me trying to do this,
    Last edited by pokepal148; 21st April 2014 at 1:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokepal148 View Post
    So I'm trying to get a 5 I.V larvitar with 32 iv's in each stat except special attack.

In general here are my Impressions of the whole process.
    Pros: gives me stuff to put in the bank... I guess..? (Those boxes don't fill themselves)
    Probably creates traffic for pokesav/gen or whatever the kids are using these days

Cons:
    Tedious, slow, monotonous, time consuming
    poorly explained they never even bother to explain how this stuff works.
    Oh what's that? You want an event Pokemon with a good nature and perfect I.V's, how about no.
    First impression is that it's impossible to get 32 IVs in each stat, 31 being max =P

whatever, 31 iv's and my case still stands. (Nice catch lol)

Monotonous as it might be, it's how it is. However there are plenty of guides to teach you how to do it, took me no time flat to figure out how to breed 5/6 IVs.
    I always wonder trade the extras though, make some random person happy getting a 5 IV pokemon, even if it's not 5 IVs in the correct natures they can use it to breed easier.

Long story short my opinion is basically abolish it and make natures so they have little to no effect on your Pokemon's end stats.

Unlike E.V training I seriously doubt this process can be salvaged into a somewhat enjoyable state. The RNG just has way to much investment.
    Last edited by pokepal148; 21st April 2014 at 2:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokepal148 View Post
    Long story short my opinion is basically abolish it and make natures so they have little to no effect on your Pokemon's end stats.
    lol that's really lame. If you don't like breeding then don't do it, and go with whatever nature you want. It's part of the fun to trying to get the best possible pokemon, not to mention it gives variety to even the SAME pokemon. Which makes for a lot of different combinations in the end. If natures didn't matter you'd end up getting basically the same pokemon over and over and over. Making the game even more boring that you're making it to be.

But that is your opinion and I respect it, while I wholeheartedly disagree with it. =)

Thankfully the charmander I want will likely come more easily given that I plan to use one of the 4iv larvitar rejects as a father to pass down dragon dance so I should be able to pass a few of it's IV's with it.

Meanwhile I finally have what I wanted from larvitar.
    Last edited by pokepal148; 21st April 2014 at 3:31 AM. Reason: update

I just used reset bags on a few of my Pokemons.

From what does the EV values come from aside from Super Training? I know my Mewtwo had max EV without ST.

From just using your Pokemons in regular combat and levelling up? So it is still to get EV values even when I hit level 100 with it?

What decides which value gets increased through regular combat?

Is it like Skyrim where it's whatever you use the most gets increased? Like getting hit a lot increases your defense?

I carelessly EV trained and I would like to properly understand this method.
    Pokédex Progress ( 124 | 96 | 93 | 382 )
    Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshii View Post
    I just used reset bags on a few of my Pokemons.

From what does the EV values come from aside from Super Training? I know my Mewtwo had max EV without ST.

From just using your Pokemons in regular combat and levelling up? So it is still to get EV values even when I hit level 100 with it?

What decides which value gets increased through regular combat?

Is it like Skyrim where it's whatever you use the most gets increased? Like getting hit a lot increases your defense?

I carelessly EV trained and I would like to properly understand this method.
    Each pokemon has a set value that defeating it gives you a set amount of EV, which can be increased by the "Power" items, or Macho Brace, or Pokerus. Horde training is the best way to EV train, by FAR. Here is a link to Horde EV training: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ordes.3490052/

Go to the Serebii page, and look at the pokemons stats, in any (X/Y Pokedex) You'll see a part that says "Effort Values Earned" in case of Amaura you get 1 HP EV... well that gets multiplied with the items I said before *and Pokerus* and each pkmn has a different stat gain.

Ok, so today I hatched a Bold natured Rotom with the following IVs (According to the IV checker, I assume I input'ed everything correctly):

HP: 15 Atk: 15 Def: 15 SpA: 31 SpD: 15 Spe: 31

The IV Checker guy said it had 'Outstanding Potential' and Special Attack and Speed that 'Can't be beat'

Anyways, I'm here to ask whats my best course of action for getting a better Rotom, because this is my first time doing this, I do have access to a Ditto safari which is nice, incase I need to get a HP/Def/SDef ditto, obviously, I don't need attack.

-or-

Should I just be happy with this Rotom as it seems pretty good.
    All help is greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Got a 4 31 IV'd Rotom with it having the 31s in Def, SDef, SpA, and Spe. So now I just use that with a Ditto with HP and some other stats perfect and hope for 5 perfect IVs? Then once I get that, I can replicate it by breeding more?
    Last edited by Siebold; 21st April 2014 at 6:46 PM.

Ok, so today I hatched a Bold natured Rotom with the following IVs (According to the IV checker, I assume I input'ed everything correctly):

HP: 15 Atk: 15 Def: 15 SpA: 31 SpD: 15 Spe: 31

The IV Checker guy said it had 'Outstanding Potential' and Special Attack and Speed that 'Can't be beat'

Anyways, I'm here to ask whats my best course of action for getting a better Rotom, because this is my first time doing this, I do have access to a Ditto safari which is nice, incase I need to get a HP/Def/SDef ditto, obviously, I don't need attack.

-or-

Should I just be happy with this Rotom as it seems pretty good.
    All help is greatly appreciated.
    Go find any type of Ditto, if it has any of HP/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe better yet. and go back to breeding, checking after you hatch 5 the IVs of the offsprings, whenever you get one with 1 more perfect IV use that as a parent (example, your current Rotom has SpA/Spe, so if you get one with 3-4 IVs use that one instead) keep it up until you get one with the 5 IVs you want

Quote Originally Posted by WesG828 View Post
    I want to add an Adamant Aegislash to my comp team and I'm looking for feedback for a good moveset an how I should EV train his IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/X
    Right now his moveset is

Swords Dance
    King's Shield
    Shadow Sneak
    Sacred Sword
    Apparently, Quiet nature with Shadow Ball, Kings Shield, Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword are the Aegislash that are "in" now.

There's a ton of good Aegislash sets, and they all work differently and serve different purposes.

What role do you want your Aegislash to play on your team; what are you aiming to accomplish with it?

and I will tell you straight up if you're looking to sweep with SD+KS you are doing it wrong
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 21st April 2014 at 9:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

What would make it a good sweeper? Really just looking for additional coverage to my current team in my sig to replace mewtwo
    yeah def would go with:

-Quiet Nature-
    Kings Shield
    Shadow Ball
    Shadow Sneak
    Sacred Sword

What would make it a good sweeper? Really just looking for additional coverage to my current team in my sig to replace mewtwo
    If you want to sweep with Aegislash, you're probably going to run either SD or Autotomize to boost (or both, if you want to Double Dance), and then three attacking moves. King's Shield is counterproductive, since you shouldn't be defending in the first place, and is basically a waste of a moveslot.

SD sweeper runs SD/Shadow Sneak/Iron Head|Shadow Claw/Head Smash|Sacred Sword with LO and Adamant 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, whereas Autotomize typically goes for a mixed spread with Autotomize/Shadow Ball/HP Ice/Iron Head|Sacred Sword running Rash 88 Atk/252 SpA/168 Spe, usually with LO or WP.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

An interesting idea for aegis is to add an air balloon instead of lefties/life orb as an item. Many people tend to carry ground type coverage "hoping" to nail aegis, as edge/quake is incredibly popular. With air balloon, you can often force them to switch back out thus getting a free turn of damage/free switch to another pokemon.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

First off, I would like to say I've finally achieved my perfect Rotom. This may not seem like a big accomplishment to some, but it's my first perfect Pokemon. Thanks to the people who answered my questions in helping me get it...

Anyways, after that long, long, long, painful process, I'm at it again.

Rotom was not an easy first Pokemon to try getting perfect stats for, because it can't breed with another Rotom, which made the process much longer. I thought my next try would be much easier. Nope. Much harder actually. I'm trying to breed a perfect Togepi. I only realized after starting its quite frustrating. For those of you who don't know, like me a while ago, Togepi cannot breed with a Ditto or another Togepi even because it is a baby Pokemon. (It also doesn't help that it has two natures)

So now I'm asking for more help in the quickest way to get a perfect Togepi, without anything too expensive, perfect dittos, and other hard to get things, just a good method of getting one. I do have access to a Ditto and Togepi safari.

Another question I have, is if my Togepi evolves late do I stunt my Togekiss's stats?
    E.g., say I don't evolve my Togetic until level 45, will it have much lower stats as a Togekiss at level 50 then say a Togetic I evolved at the first opportunity I had? I want my moveset to be:
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Roost
    so I have no idea when I should evolve it, I know I can check the pokedex page, but will the move relearner work?

First off, I would like to say I've finally achieved my perfect Rotom. This may not seem like a big accomplishment to some, but it's my first perfect Pokemon. Thanks to the people who answered my questions in helping me get it...

Anyways, after that long, long, long, painful process, I'm at it again.

Rotom was not an easy first Pokemon to try getting perfect stats for, because it can't breed with another Rotom, which made the process much longer. I thought my next try would be much easier. Nope. Much harder actually. I'm trying to breed a perfect Togepi. I only realized after starting its quite frustrating. For those of you who don't know, like me a while ago, Togepi cannot breed with a Ditto or another Togepi even because it is a baby Pokemon. (It also doesn't help that it has two natures)

So now I'm asking for more help in the quickest way to get a perfect Togepi, without anything too expensive, perfect dittos, and other hard to get things, just a good method of getting one. I do have access to a Ditto and Togepi safari.

Another question I have, is if my Togepi evolves late do I stunt my Togekiss's stats?
    E.g., say I don't evolve my Togetic until level 45, will it have much lower stats as a Togekiss at level 50 then say a Togetic I evolved at the first opportunity I had? I want my moveset to be:
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Roost
    so I have no idea when I should evolve it, I know I can check the pokedex page, but will the move relearner work?
    1) No it doesnt stunt your togekiss stats
    2) get a togepi with 3 stats from friend safari, (With the nature you want), and/or a ditto with 3+ stats (with the nature you want)
    3) To easily evolve togepi, Soothe bell, and if you have the following O-Powers: (Befriending O-Power lvl 3 and Bargain O Power lvl 3) then you're set you can evolve togepi with 1 lvl.

Anyways heres the deal:
    With the O powers:
    -Buy 10 of any 2 Vitamins (HP Up/ Calcium, etc), Using the bargain O power, they come out fairly cheap. Then give them to togepi after it has the Soothe Bell and you've used the Befriending O power and it should evolve after you lvl it once.
    -OR-
    -Soothe Bell + Befriending Power lvl 3, and go fight for a while till it evolves. Can do the massage for it as well, or use the friend bags in super training.

First method is by far the easiest.

Page 117 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast