Page 12 of 124 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

So anyone got tips on the most efficient way to max out a pokemon's EV's using Super Training?

I've been doing the following:

1) My main Pokemon who completed all the challenges just spam challenged for the +12 bags.
    2) My EV-Training Pokemon does the first challenge, and uses those +12 bags. I then did the +8 after 50+ EV's in that skill and +12 challenges after 100+ EV's.
    3) Any Double Bags I find I use for the +12, but what challenge easily gives the Double Point Bags?

Does this look pretty efficient?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: Kami 1349-5696-3132

Playing Pokemon X:
    Name: Kami

Proud Owner of:
    Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Timid Ghastly with 31/14/31/31/31/31 and 6IV's
    Shiny Brave Honedge with 31/31/31/24/31/00
    Shiny Impish Furfrou with 31/31/31/X/31/31 (M) and 6IV's (F)
    Shiny Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon with 31/X/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
    Shiny Bold Cute Charm Sylveon with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Jolly Tyrunt with 31/31/31/31/23/31
    Shiny Timid Infiltrator Noibat with 31/14/23/31/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKami View Post
    So anyone got tips on the most efficient way to max out a pokemon's EV's using Super Training?

I've been doing the following:

1) My main Pokemon who completed all the challenges just spam challenged for the +12 bags.
    2) My EV-Training Pokemon does the first challenge, and uses those +12 bags. I then did the +8 after 50+ EV's in that skill and +12 challenges after 100+ EV's.
    3) Any Double Bags I find I use for the +12, but what challenge easily gives the Double Point Bags?

Does this look pretty efficient?
    The x2/reset bags are random.

Still hunting for a dang reset bag. >.>

Dat desire complex.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

I've yet to get one reset bag, This is quite frustrating.

I have 4 reset bags o.0

I'll trade 2 reset bags for a Xerneas if anyone's interested XD
    Hoenn Squad

Just got my game! I'm just wondering how you start super training your starter without getting any EV points first? After I got my starter, I was forced to battle Shauna before I could catch any more, so I'd assume I got EV points there. :c I thought I had to catch a random Pokemon to do the tutorial first, so yeah. Dx

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandraa View Post
    Just got my game! I'm just wondering how you start EV training your starter without getting any EV points first? After I got my starter, I was forced to battle Shauna before I could catch any more, so I'd assume I got EV points there. :c I thought I had to catch a random Pokemon to do the tutorial first, so yeah. Dx
    the super training thing at the bottom screen, use the L or R buttons or arrows on bottom screen to scroll through the three option.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    I've yet to get one reset bag, This is quite frustrating.
    whats the reset bag? clears all EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    whats the reset bag? clears all EVs?
    yes, correct.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    the super training thing at the bottom screen, use the L or R buttons or arrows on bottom screen to scroll through the three option.
    What I'm asking is how you start super training without already having gotten unwanted EVs from battling Shauna and from doing the tutorial, if that's even possible.

What I'm asking is how you start super training without already having gotten unwanted EVs from battling Shauna and from doing the tutorial, if that's even possible.
    do it right away, i think you can do super training right away.

do it right away, i think you can do super training right away.
    But aren't you forced to do the tutorial first? That gives you defense, which isn't what I'm going for.
    Sorry if I'm not being clear! xD

How do you unlock the Super Secret Training?

But aren't you forced to do the tutorial first? That gives you defense, which isn't what I'm going for.
    do the tutorial with a pkmn you dont care about, then it'll open up the regular super training thatll let you pick what EVs you want to train for

i think you just have to deal with the battle, it is only 1 ev anyway, then capture a random poke and use that for the tutorial.

do the tutorial with a pkmn you dont care about, then it'll open up the regular super training thatll let you pick what EVs you want to train for
    Is there a way to catch a wild Pokemon to do the tutorial before you battle Shauna, though? I'm assuming that battling her gives you EVs as well.

i think you just have to deal with the battle, it is only 1 ev anyway, then capture a random poke and use that for the tutorial.
    Oops, didn't see your post. Okay, thanks for all your help! :D

hes right, its just 1 EV which wont matter.

Is there a way to catch a wild Pokemon to do the tutorial before you battle Shauna, though? I'm assuming that battling her gives you EVs as well.
    as far as i know, no there is not. that is what i meant, battling her 1 pokemon gives 1 ev, that is not going to do anything as you have 2 evs to spare out of the 510.

the whole tutorial actually gives you 8 Def EVs when youre done. I'd avoid that and use another pkmn
    that is what i said. battle shana she gives 1 ev so does not matter then capture a random poke.

Does anyone know the estimated iv of event torchic?

Quote Originally Posted by rng View Post
    Does anyone know the estimated iv of event torchic?
    Is the torchic's Nature and IVs pre determined? I didn't use my code for the torchic yet but I was worried I wouldn't be able to claim it multiple times in hopes of getting the nature I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    Is the torchic's Nature and IVs pre determined? I didn't use my code for the torchic yet but I was worried I wouldn't be able to claim it multiple times in hopes of getting the nature I want.
    nature is random idk about ivs though.

Quote Originally Posted by rng View Post
    nature is random idk about ivs though.
    Can you keep claiming it and reloading to change nature?

I have never done EV training before and when I try to research on the internet for the answer, it didn't really show anything on what I wanted to know.

My question is that is there any link between the stats you get from from EV training and the stats you get from leveling up?

Hear me out, I have a Quilladin and when he levels up his stats also increases fairly evenly. After EV training him and maxing out his Def and Sp. Def, with one point in HP, I notice a change in the stats he gets when he levels up. He got +2 for HP, +3 in both Def and Sp. Def, while his other stats were just +1.

What I want to know is that does this mean that EV training affects the stats you get from leveling? If so then does this mean that I have potentially wasted a chance of maximizing the stats that I'd like?

Just finished EV Training Froakie in Super Training. 252 in Special Attack and Speed, 4 in Defense. It is so easy this Generation to EV Train, I love it! He has a Modest Nature as well, so he will make a great Special Attacker.

Page 12 of 124 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast