Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

  1. #3001
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Follow up question from someone also new to perfect Pokémon breeding. I have been researching it and the only results from Google has suggestions that the only way to do it is to use the friend Saffari. Is there any other way to achieve a perfect Pokémon outside of the safari, because I don't have any friends that play and apparently you can't go into your own Saffari.
    Patience I think, safari only make it faster. However, it is not impossible to have a perfect pokemon without safari. For friends safari, you can add some members in serebiiforums and other pokemon forums who want to exchange their friend codes with you. I have done this for one week and got almost 20 friends in safari.
    Friend Code: 2938-7411-2043
    IGN: ivicts
    Friend Safari: Lampent, Dusclops, Pumpkaboo
    Feel free to add me, PM!

  2. #3002
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Follow up question from someone also new to perfect Pokémon breeding. I have been researching it and the only results from Google has suggestions that the only way to do it is to use the friend Saffari. Is there any other way to achieve a perfect Pokémon outside of the safari, because I don't have any friends that play and apparently you can't go into your own Saffari.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicts View Post
    Patience I think, safari only make it faster. However, it is not impossible to have a perfect pokemon without safari. For friends safari, you can add some members in serebiiforums and other pokemon forums who want to exchange their friend codes with you. I have done this for one week and got almost 20 friends in safari.
    Yeah, patience as Ivicts said. Pokemon in the Friend Safari come 3+ IVs already, which speeds up the breeding process by a bit, but catching them and breeding then normally can be done too, it just takes forever in comparison. You can always try to trade with people that have Dittos with 4+ IVs, with just one of those you can speed through it even faster.

    Also as he said, in this thread here: Friend Safari Thread you can add, and have people add you. You can ask for whatever pokemon you're looking for, or look for people that have it in their Safari, as before, I recommend finding a Ditto Safari, that by itself, is a great advance in terms of breeding.

    No you can't get into your own safari, heck you can't even find out what it is until someone else adds you and checks for you.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  3. #3003
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    If I use EXP share in pokemon x to level up a pokemon from lvl 1 would he be weaker than one I trained through battles?

  4. #3004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elatria View Post
    If I use EXP share in pokemon x to level up a pokemon from lvl 1 would he be weaker than one I trained through battles?
    Nope. EV Share shares both EXP and EVs, so there is absolutely no difference.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  5. #3005
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    it's not impossible per say but it is still pretty painful.

  6. #3006
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Ah yes, that is true. I misread his post as saying the parents had the same IVs.

    But yeah, in this sort of event it would've helped to specify what the 4 IVs were for each parent. Two 4 IV parents with the same 4 IVs cannot produce a 6 IV offspring, but if their IVs are different, they can with a 0.1302% chance. Or in other words, 1 out of every 768 eggs will be 6 IVs.
    I did state that the parents ivs encompassed all stats except attack which I thought made it clear that the parents each had a different iv since it would be impossible to cover five stats with both parents with the same ivs, I apologise for the confusion.

  7. #3007
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Viridian city
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Im trying to get an HP ground froakie, I figured since I have an HP ground charizard 31/29/31/30/30/31 I could form a breeding chain to eventually get what I want. But do I really have to train and check pretty much every harchling untill I get something with the desired IV's? Or is there an easier way to atleast tell what their exact IV's are without going to a judge/training each one and using a calc?
    FC: 0146-9877-1395.
    FS: Snubull, Jigilypuff, Clefairy
    Offering: Plethora of 5IV Pokemon
    Looking for: Nothing at the moment
    Shake N Bake. XY Doubles: Bench:

  8. #3008
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Scrafty's Hood
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primeguy View Post
    Im trying to get an HP ground froakie, I figured since I have an HP ground charizard 31/29/31/30/30/31 I could form a breeding chain to eventually get what I want. But do I really have to train and check pretty much every harchling untill I get something with the desired IV's? Or is there an easier way to atleast tell what their exact IV's are without going to a judge/training each one and using a calc?
    There is a person in Anistar City that will tell you what type of Hidden Power your pokemon has. If you want to know how good the Froakie's IVs are, you are going to have to use the judge, unfortunately
    Last edited by FlareBlitz3000; 23rd May 2014 at 1:31 AM.

  9. #3009
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Viridian city
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlareBlitz3000 View Post
    There is a person in Anistar City that will tell you what type of Hidden Power your pokemon has. If you want to know how good the Froakie's IVs are, you are going to have to use the judge, unfortunately
    Cool atleast thats good for getting a rough estimate of what IV's were passed down. Thanks for the help, im now in my last step in the chain mudkip(M) + Froakie(f) so that info will def save me a bit of time. Wish me luck.
    FC: 0146-9877-1395.
    FS: Snubull, Jigilypuff, Clefairy
    Offering: Plethora of 5IV Pokemon
    Looking for: Nothing at the moment
    Shake N Bake. XY Doubles: Bench:

  10. #3010
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey, I couldn't find a better blog to post this on, but can anyone possibly breed me an Absol with perfect IVs in Attack and Speed (optional Def, HP and Sp Def) and with the egg moves of Play Rough. I'd be willing to offer a 5 IV Vulpix and/or anything else you might want from Evolution Stones to Mega Stones to Evolutionary items. Please!
    Last edited by ShadowTagPorygon; 23rd May 2014 at 3:16 AM.

  11. #3011
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Don't you think super training is kind of useless? I mean... it is fun in the harder levels but with hordes why using it for EV training?

  12. #3012
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Not useless at all, you can get evolution stones from it.
    And sometimes you don't want to go full 252 into one stat, where you can get 1/4/8/12/16/24 EV into a stat through Super Training.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  13. #3013
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Romania, Oradea
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Hello! Can someone help me decide the EV spread for my Vivillon? I am going to use in triple batles.

    Vivillon- Leftovers
    Friend Guard

    Protect
    Substitute
    Rain Dance
    Hurricane

    The main objective for the pokemon is to survive as long as he can.
    3DS friend code:1048-8039-5188

  14. #3014
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    West Midlands, England
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I EV trained my Lanturn today [40 HP, 216 SP.DEFENCE, 252 DEFENSE] I think was the spread and he is looking pretty good at the moment he's a level 44 I think and I will use him in the upcoming Pokemon Tournament on Pokemon Global Link
    Wonder Trade Analytic~
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    POKEMON GLOBAL LINK MEDALS
    073

  15. #3015
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In your nightmare!
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Hi! I need help finding out if I'm right about the IV spread of my Xernas. I haven't saved yet. Currently, its Stats is:

    Xerneas
    Level 50
    Nature Modest
    EV: 0 in total
    Stats:
    201/134/115/166/118/118

    From my understanding, since 3 stats will have perfect IV and after doing a little bit of research, I suppose the IV spread is:

    31/30/31/31/31/30

    So I got an extra perfect IV in an stats, and two near-perfect. Are my calculations right or I'm off?
        Spoiler:- FC and Friend Safari:


    I like solo, double, triple and multiplayer battles~

  16. #3016
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdyllicCritic View Post
    Hi! I need help finding out if I'm right about the IV spread of my Xernas. I haven't saved yet. Currently, its Stats is:

    Xerneas
    Level 50
    Nature Modest
    EV: 0 in total
    Stats:
    201/134/115/166/118/118

    From my understanding, since 3 stats will have perfect IV and after doing a little bit of research, I suppose the IV spread is:

    31/30/31/31/31/30

    So I got an extra perfect IV in an stats, and two near-perfect. Are my calculations right or I'm off?
    Use this http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  17. #3017
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdyllicCritic View Post
    Hi! I need help finding out if I'm right about the IV spread of my Xernas. I haven't saved yet. Currently, its Stats is:

    Xerneas
    Level 50
    Nature Modest
    EV: 0 in total
    Stats:
    201/134/115/166/118/118

    From my understanding, since 3 stats will have perfect IV and after doing a little bit of research, I suppose the IV spread is:

    31/30/31/31/31/30

    So I got an extra perfect IV in an stats, and two near-perfect. Are my calculations right or I'm off?
    The IV calculator, at least the one here on Serebii isn't very accurate at all.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  18. #3018
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Ok so I just defeated a bellsprout horde, which bellsprout gives 1 attack EV. And my azumarill is holding the power bracer. So from the horde battle he should have gained 25 attack since 1 (from bellsprout) + 4 (from item)= 5. And then 5 x 5 (multiply by 5 since it's a horde battle) would be 25 attack EVs for my azumarill. Is this correct? I am new to EV training. Also does my azumarill still get those EVs if he didn't fight the horde but my latias did. EXP share is on.



    Friend code: 2165-6624-1567

    My friend safari: Tangrowth, Sawsbuck (still finding out 3rd one)

    ASB Squad: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=#post17490700


    Do you like Fossil Fighters? Join my forum for it here: http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/



    CURRENTLY IN KALOS, PLAN TO HEAD TO HOENN SOON!

  19. #3019
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fossildude747 View Post
    Ok so I just defeated a bellsprout horde, which bellsprout gives 1 attack EV. And my azumarill is holding the power bracer. So from the horde battle he should have gained 25 attack since 1 (from bellsprout) + 4 (from item)= 5. And then 5 x 5 (multiply by 5 since it's a horde battle) would be 25 attack EVs for my azumarill. Is this correct? I am new to EV training. Also does my azumarill still get those EVs if he didn't fight the horde but my latias did. EXP share is on.
    If you don't have Pokerus, then yes, you get 25 EVs from the Bellsprout Horde. If you give your Azumarill Pokerus, you will gain 50 EVs from a Horde because Pokerus doubles the number of EVs you get, stacked with the Power Items.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  20. #3020
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Ok azumarill is fully EV trained, and now I am going to level him up to level 50 (for play rough) So as long as he is fully EV trained he won't gain any more EVs right?



    Friend code: 2165-6624-1567

    My friend safari: Tangrowth, Sawsbuck (still finding out 3rd one)

    ASB Squad: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=#post17490700


    Do you like Fossil Fighters? Join my forum for it here: http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/



    CURRENTLY IN KALOS, PLAN TO HEAD TO HOENN SOON!

  21. #3021
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Is there anyone who can help me with dittos please ?
    MY FRIEND CODE : 1993-8170-6554 pm me if you add me I have PSYCHIC: Drowsee, Wobbuffet and girafarig.

  22. #3022
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    505

    Default

    I am guessing this question would go here. Is there any special trick that can help get the Fancy pattern Vivillion with a decent natures and IV's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fossildude747 View Post
    Ok azumarill is fully EV trained, and now I am going to level him up to level 50 (for play rough) So as long as he is fully EV trained he won't gain any more EVs right?
    correct, as long as he/she has all 510 EV's, pokemon Azumarill faints will have no effect on its stats.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

  23. #3023
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djayrich View Post
    Is there anyone who can help me with dittos please ?
    What do you need help with?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    I am guessing this question would go here. Is there any special trick that can help get the Fancy pattern Vivillion with a decent natures and IV's?
    Unfortunately, no. All you can do is soft reset for ages until you get the nature and IVs you want. You can use the Ability Capsule if you get the wrong ability, which is something.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  24. #3024

    Default

    I am confused...
    Are perfect IV Pokemon supposed to hatch with 30 or 31 in the flawless stat(s)?
    FC: 4828 3975 1417 (Hellys)
    In-Game Name: Gwenavier(for X), Archimedes(for Y)
    Safari: Onix, Boldore, Shuckle

  25. #3025
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Got 2 perfect Rotoms so far, need one more, so I can have a Rotom-W Rest and Non-Rest set, as well as a Rotom-H. Then I might go for either Kangaskhan or Magikarp, they'll be much easier since they can breed with another pokemon of their species unlike Rotom...

    Edit: Got my third
    Last edited by Siebold; 11th July 2014 at 1:27 AM.

Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •