Page 122 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hellys_Hellrazor View Post
    I am confused...
    Are perfect IV Pokemon supposed to hatch with 30 or 31 in the flawless stat(s)?
    It depends on what you're trying to do. A truly "flawless" Pokemon has 31s in all of its stats that matter. So for Alakazam, for example, 31/31/31/31/31/31 is flawless, but since Alakazam doesn't use its Attack stat, 31/x/31/31/31/31 is flawless as well. For Garchomp, 31/31/31/x/31/31 would be flawless because Garchomp doesn't use its Special Attack stat. However, if you're going for a certain Hidden Power, such as HP Ice, one of the several possible flawless spreads would be 31/E/30/31/31/31, where "E" is an even number, because Hidden Powers are determined by which stats are even and odd IVs.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

No this doesnt make sense.

How can you tell what number is in an unflawless stat? I thought it was either 31 or 0.

Also why 31?

Nothing makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    No this doesnt make sense.

How can you tell what number is in an unflawless stat? I thought it was either 31 or 0.

Also why 31?

Nothing makes sense
    Every stat has an invisible number associated with it called an "Individual Value", or IV, for short. IVs range from 0-31, with 0 being the lowest and worst IV and 31 being the highest. The purpose of the IV is to raise each Pokemon's stat at level 100 by the number of points equal to the IV. (IVs also make a difference at all other levels as well). This makes each Pokemon slightly different in terms of its stats, so each Pokemon is an individual. However, competitively, having a flawless Pokemon will give you a strong edge over your opponents, which is why people want flawless Pokemon.

The IV Judge in Kiloude City will tell you if your Pokemon's IVs in each stat are 31 or if they are 0. If they are in between 0 and 31, you will need to use an online IV calculator to determine what they are.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Hey I'm kinda new to trying to breed for flawless pokemon. Does the Judge in Kiloude City tell you if all of your pokemon's stats are flawless or only a few of them? Or do I need to use some kind of IV calculator?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Xanthan View Post
    Hey I'm kinda new to trying to breed for flawless pokemon. Does the Judge in Kiloude City tell you if all of your pokemon's stats are flawless or only a few of them? Or do I need to use some kind of IV calculator?
    The judge in Kiloude City will tell you which of your Pokemon's IVs are flawless and which are 0. He will list all of them by name. If he says that a stat "can't be beat", then it is 31. If he says something to the effect of "but how can you make it through a battle with that kind of SpDef stat?" then the IV is 0.

You will only need to use an IV calculator if you want to know a Pokemon's IVs that aren't 31 or 0. So for example, I have a shiny Latios that is 31/30/31/30/31/30. The IV judge only told me that HP, Def, and SpDef couldn't be beat. I had to use an IV calculator to find out that the other three stats were 30.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    The judge in Kiloude City will tell you which of your Pokemon's IVs are flawless and which are 0. He will list all of them by name. If he says that a stat "can't be beat", then it is 31. If he says something to the effect of "but how can you make it through a battle with that kind of SpDef stat?" then the IV is 0.

You will only need to use an IV calculator if you want to know a Pokemon's IVs that aren't 31 or 0. So for example, I have a shiny Latios that is 31/30/31/30/31/30. The IV judge only told me that HP, Def, and SpDef couldn't be beat. I had to use an IV calculator to find out that the other three stats were 30.
    Oh, ok. So I guess getting 31 in every stat would be a really slim chance then. Does this site have an IV calculator or are there better IV calculator's on other websites?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Xanthan View Post
    Oh, ok. So I guess getting 31 in every stat would be a really slim chance then. Does this site have an IV calculator or are there better IV calculator's on other websites?
    It's not a slim chance to get 5-6 IVs in every stat if you are breeding for them using the Destiny Knot. Very briefly, if you have a parent Pokemon with 5-6 IVs, give it the Destiny Knot and you will have a chance of passing down some of those IVs to the offspring. If you get an offspring Pokemon that has more IVs than its same-sex parent does, then replace the parent with the offspring and repeat. That's the short-and-sweet version of how to IV breed. If you want more detail on how to do it, I'd be happy to write up a guide for you.

The fastest and easiest way to IV breed is to obtain a 6IV Ditto, since Ditto breeds with the vast majority of Pokemon, and with Ditto, you can put any gender Pokemon in as its partner. A foreign Ditto is even better because then you can do the Masuda Method for shinies and IV breed at the same time.

Serebii has an IV calculator here that most people swear by, but I prefer to use Metalkid's IV Calculator.

-------

It depends on what you're trying to do. A truly "flawless" Pokemon has 31s in all of its stats that matter. So for Alakazam, for example, 31/31/31/31/31/31 is flawless, but since Alakazam doesn't use its Attack stat, 31/x/31/31/31/31 is flawless as well. For Garchomp, 31/31/31/x/31/31 would be flawless because Garchomp doesn't use its Special Attack stat. However, if you're going for a certain Hidden Power, such as HP Ice, one of the several possible flawless spreads would be 31/E/30/31/31/31, where "E" is an even number, because Hidden Powers are determined by which stats are even and odd IVs.
    Okay I think I understand now. I thought the offspring of flawless IV parents were supposed to hatch with a base stat of 31.
    FC: 4828 3975 1417 (Hellys)
    In-Game Name: Gwenavier(for X), Archimedes(for Y)
    Safari: Onix, Boldore, Shuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Hellys_Hellrazor View Post
    Okay I think I understand now. I thought the offspring of flawless IV parents were supposed to hatch with a base stat of 31.
    I think you are getting your terminology mixed up. Base stats, stats, and IVs are all different terminology that refer to different things. Base stats are the general outline of how powerful a Pokemon is in each stat. Base stats basically say "Skarmory has high Defense but low Speed", so a Skarmory's Defense stat will be high, but its Speed stat will be low. Skarmory has a base stat in Defense of 140, but a base stat in Speed of 70. These numbers are obviously not the numbers that a Skarmory hatches with at level 1, but they are reflected in that it could hatch with stats of 6/5/7/5/5/4 or something like that. Stats are the actual numerical values associated with HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. IVs are the individual values associated with each stat that make each Pokemon unique. For example, if I have a Gible with an IV of 12 in Attack, and you have a Gible with an IV of 31 in Attack, and we both EV train our Gibles with 252 EVs in Attack and both of our Gibles have the same nature, then your Gible will have 18 more points in Attack at level 100 than mine will.

Pokemon that have an IV of 31 in a stat rarely express that difference compared to a Pokemon with lower IVs in the same stat at level 1. The difference will begin to manifest around level 30ish, and it makes a difference at these higher levels. You cannot tell what a Pokemon's IVs are at level 1 without visiting the IV judge in Kiloude City.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 14th July 2014 at 9:05 AM.

-------

I think you are getting your terminology mixed up. Base stats, stats, and IVs are all different terminology that refer to different things. Base stats are the general outline of how powerful a Pokemon is in each stat. Base stats basically say "Skarmory has high Defense but low Speed", so a Skarmory's Defense stat will be high, but its Speed stat will be low. Stats are the actual numerical values associated with HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. IVs are the individual values associated with each stat that make each Pokemon unique. For example, if I have a Gible with an IV of 12 in Attack, and you have a Gible with an IV of 31 in Attack, and we both EV train our Gibles with 252 EVs in Attack and both of our Gibles have the same nature, then your Gible will have 18 more points in Attack at level 100 than mine will.

Pokemon that have an IV of 31 in a stat rarely express that difference compared to a Pokemon with lower IVs in the same stat at level 1. The difference will begin to manifest around level 30ish, and it makes a difference at these higher levels. You cannot tell what a Pokemon's IVs are at level 1 without visiting the IV judge in Kiloude City.
    Okay, yes, I did have the terms confused. Thanks for all the info!
    FC: 4828 3975 1417 (Hellys)
    In-Game Name: Gwenavier(for X), Archimedes(for Y)
    Safari: Onix, Boldore, Shuckle

Quick question, sorry if it sounds ridiculous.

Okay, breeding a 6iv emboar with a zero perfect pancham. Emboar holds everstone to transfer its nature
    and pancham holds destiny knot.

So, why am I getting only pancham with 4 perfect ivs?
    Pokemon Black team:

Quote Originally Posted by kingferret53 View Post
    Quick question, sorry if it sounds ridiculous.

Okay, breeding a 6iv emboar with a zero perfect pancham. Emboar holds everstone to transfer its nature
    and pancham holds destiny knot.

So, why am I getting only pancham with 4 perfect ivs?
    Did you say your Pancham has NO perfect IVs? If this is the case, you're lucky to be getting 4 IVs at all. The Destiny Knot transfers 5 IVs between the parents, so 5 out of the 12 IVs. You could get no IVs if the Destiny Knot chooses 5 IVs from the Pancham, or you could get 5 IVs from the Emboar. Or you could get any combination in between. When you get an offspring female Pancham that has more IVs than the parent, you need to switch it in so you have a greater chance of getting the IV spread you want.

-------

Did you say your Pancham has NO perfect IVs? If this is the case, you're lucky to be getting 4 IVs at all. The Destiny Knot transfers 5 IVs between the parents, so 5 out of the 12 IVs. You could get no IVs if the Destiny Knot chooses 5 IVs from the Pancham, or you could get 5 IVs from the Emboar. Or you could get any combination in between. When you get an offspring female Pancham that has more IVs than the parent, you need to switch it in so you have a greater chance of getting the IV spread you want.
    I tried that before with eevee and it didn't work. I've been playing pokemon since the beginning but I'm just now getting into iv breeding and its not fun. > Beating other people is though, especially when they bring all legendaries then turn off their game when you beat all but one with one pokemon. Lol
    Pokemon Black team:

I tried that before with eevee and it didn't work. I've been playing pokemon since the beginning but I'm just now getting into iv breeding and its not fun. > Beating other people is though, especially when they bring all legendaries then turn off their game when you beat all but one with one pokemon. Lol
    I'm not sure what you're saying isn't working. Explain in more detail what you have in the Day Care. Does Pancham have IVs of x/x/x/x/x/x? If so, you need to breed until you get a female Pancham with more than 0 IVs, and put it in for the Pancham that's currently in the Day Care. Then breed for one that has more IVs then that parent, etc., until you have a 4-5IV female Pancham in the Day Care with the 6 IV Emboar. Then breed for the spread you want.

And urgh I really hate when people ragequit because it's cowardly. If you don't want to finish the battle because you know you're going to lose, then take the noble way out and forfeit. Ragequitters are sore losers.

-------

I'm not sure what you're saying isn't working. Explain in more detail what you have in the Day Care. Does Pancham have IVs of x/x/x/x/x/x? If so, you need to breed until you get a female Pancham with more than 0 IVs, and put it in for the Pancham that's currently in the Day Care. Then breed for one that has more IVs then that parent, etc., until you have a 4-5IV female Pancham in the Day Care with the 6 IV Emboar. Then breed for the spread you want.

And urgh I really hate when people ragequit because it's cowardly. If you don't want to finish the battle because you know you're going to lose, then take the noble way out and forfeit. Ragequitters are sore losers.
    Before it was two eevee that, all together, had at least 8 perfect ivs and yet, never got one with the five I needed. For some odd reason.

Now I got a 6 perfect iv emboar holding everstone to transfer adamant breeding with a female pancham holding destiny knot and no perfect ivs.
    Pokemon Black team:

Before it was two eevee that, all together, had at least 8 perfect ivs and yet, never got one with the five I needed. For some odd reason.

Now I got a 6 perfect iv emboar holding everstone to transfer adamant breeding with a female pancham holding destiny knot and no perfect ivs.
    With the Eevees, you didn't get one with the five you needed because you statistically had a very small chance of that happening because you were missing 4 IVs. In order to have the best chances of getting a flawless spread of IVs, you NEED to have at least 11 out of the 12 IVs in the Day Care to be flawless.

The Destiny Knot works like this: You have 2 Pokemon in the Day Care. Each has an IV in each stat. Right now, you have one Pokemon with 6 flawless IVs and one Pokemon with 0 flawless IVs. The Destiny Knot will choose 5 stats out of the 6 (HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, SpDef, Spe) at random to take an IV from one of the parents to pass on to the offspring. Let's say it chooses HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def. Now, for each of those stats, ONE of the parents' IVs will be chosen at random to pass on to the offspring. Let's pretend it chooses Emboar/Emboar/Pancham/Emboar/Pancham. Now you have an offspring with 31/31/x/31/x, and the last IV, Speed, is calculated at random. It has a 1/32 chance of being 31. Statistically, it won't be 31. So now, your offspring Pancham is 31/31/x/31/x/x. It has 3 IVs.

If you had your 6IV Emboar and a 5 IV Pancham in the Day Care, who is 31/31/31/31/31/x for example, then that same example that I showed you would now be a 31/31/31/31/31/x offspring because those IVs that the Destiny Knot chose from Pancham are 31s now instead of Xs. When you have more 31 IVs in the Day Care, you are statistically more likely to pass those on to the offspring.

If you want to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham from your current 6IV Emboar and 0 IV Pancham, you have a .5% chance of that happening. That means you will have to hatch 200 or more Eggs to get that Pancham. If you have a 6IV and 5IV Pancham in the Day Care, then you have an 8% chance of getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham, which means you will only have to hatch around 15 eggs to get the spread you want.

Basically, you have to switch in offspring female Pancham with more IVs than the parent, one by one, until you have a 5IV Pancham and a 6IV Emboar in the Day Care together.

-------

With the Eevees, you didn't get one with the five you needed because you statistically had a very small chance of that happening because you were missing 4 IVs. In order to have the best chances of getting a flawless spread of IVs, you NEED to have at least 11 out of the 12 IVs in the Day Care to be flawless.

The Destiny Knot works like this: You have 2 Pokemon in the Day Care. Each has an IV in each stat. Right now, you have one Pokemon with 6 flawless IVs and one Pokemon with 0 flawless IVs. The Destiny Knot will choose 5 stats out of the 6 (HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, SpDef, Spe) at random to take an IV from one of the parents to pass on to the offspring. Let's say it chooses HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def. Now, for each of those stats, ONE of the parents' IVs will be chosen at random to pass on to the offspring. Let's pretend it chooses Emboar/Emboar/Pancham/Emboar/Pancham. Now you have an offspring with 31/31/x/31/x, and the last IV, Speed, is calculated at random. It has a 1/32 chance of being 31. Statistically, it won't be 31. So now, your offspring Pancham is 31/31/x/31/x/x. It has 3 IVs.

If you had your 6IV Emboar and a 5 IV Pancham in the Day Care, who is 31/31/31/31/31/x for example, then that same example that I showed you would now be a 31/31/31/31/31/x offspring because those IVs that the Destiny Knot chose from Pancham are 31s now instead of Xs. When you have more 31 IVs in the Day Care, you are statistically more likely to pass those on to the offspring.

If you want to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham from your current 6IV Emboar and 0 IV Pancham, you have a .5% chance of that happening. That means you will have to hatch 200 or more Eggs to get that Pancham. If you have a 6IV and 5IV Pancham in the Day Care, then you have an 8% chance of getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham, which means you will only have to hatch around 15 eggs to get the spread you want.

Basically, you have to switch in offspring female Pancham with more IVs than the parent, one by one, until you have a 5IV Pancham and a 6IV Emboar in the Day Care together.
    Believe it or not, no guide I've read or seen has explained it as good as you have. I thank you.
    Pokemon Black team:

I *finally* hatched a jolly tyrunt with perfect IV in all but special attack. It knows both ice and fire fang as egg moves. Which EV spread is best suited? It will know stone edge, earthquake and the two egg moves listed earlier.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 0559-7304-2908

Breeding accomplishments:
    Adamant with Thick Fat ability 31/?/31/31/31/31
    Adamant with Blaze ability; dragon dance and outrage 31/31/31/31/?/31
    Adamant with egg moves ice punch, dragon dance and aqua jet 31/31/31/31/?/31

Current project: ;696; Jolly with egg moves ice fang and fire fang *completed*

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKitea View Post
    I *finally* hatched a jolly tyrunt with perfect IV in all but special attack. It knows both ice and fire fang as egg moves. Which EV spread is best suited? It will know stone edge, earthquake and the two egg moves listed earlier.
    Tyrantrum almost exclusively runs 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP with either Choice Band/Scarf or Life Orb. It has a decent Defense stat, but its HP and Special Defense are so poor that all that you can really do with it is use it as a physical sweeper.

-------

I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

So my Tynamo evolved into an Eelektross and I hate its new ball. It's freaking harder to deal with Stunfisk now >.>

nothunderstone4them

Edit - After billions of Soda Pops, Hard Stones, and restarting, I did it!1
    Last edited by Leafy Sea Dragon; 14th August 2014 at 10:48 AM.
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

I'm hoping this is the right thread for this question. After I eventually breed my 5 iv Pokémon, how do I go about leveling it up? Is there a certain way to train them so they keep those stats? I just don't want to waste it after doing all the work to get it. But I'm not sure what the next step is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwipster View Post
    I'm hoping this is the right thread for this question. After I eventually breed my 5 iv Pokémon, how do I go about leveling it up? Is there a certain way to train them so they keep those stats? I just don't want to waste it after doing all the work to get it. But I'm not sure what the next step is.
    After getting good pokemon, I usually EV train them, so they don't get any EV's that I don't want. When I have Ev trained it, then I just level it up, because it can't get any more EV's.

But I'm so happy to get my 5 IV Starly, which is now Staraptor with EV spread 252 Att/252 Spe/4 Def. She is awesome powerhouse with Choice band.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

Pokemon SoulSilver Badge Quest
    Current hunt: Slowpoke well

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

i got a question, if i want 31/31/31/XX/31/31
    and i have a 6iv ditto, what pokemon should use?
    31/XX/31/31/31/31 or 31/XX/31/XX/31/31
    cause i have heard people say that it's better to use a pokemon that doesn't have the IV you don't want
    Pokemon Y
    friend code: 2509-2353-8829
    friend safari type: poison
    friend safari pokemon: cascoon,garbodor, toxicroak

Cool.. as ice

Quote Originally Posted by mapijs View Post
    i got a question, if i want 31/31/31/XX/31/31
    and i have a 6iv ditto, what pokemon should use?
    31/XX/31/31/31/31 or 31/XX/31/XX/31/31
    cause i have heard people say that it's better to use a pokemon that doesn't have the IV you don't want
    Its a rng roulette, each pokemon generated by breeding will get the 5 ivs from either parent and then randomly generate one. It is better if you breed a 6iv with a 6iv, but the chances if getting the random iv one or overlapping ivs thus rendering 1-3 ivs at random do happen. You just have to keeo hatching till the optimal results happen.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Page 122 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124 LastLast