Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterJazz5th View Post
    I have never done EV training before and when I try to research on the internet for the answer, it didn't really show anything on what I wanted to know.

My question is that is there any link between the stats you get from from EV training and the stats you get from leveling up?

Hear me out, I have a Quilladin and when he levels up his stats also increases fairly evenly. After EV training him and maxing out his Def and Sp. Def, with one point in HP, I notice a change in the stats he gets when he levels up. He got +2 for HP, +3 in both Def and Sp. Def, while his other stats were just +1.

What I want to know is that does this mean that EV training affects the stats you get from leveling? If so then does this mean that I have potentially wasted a chance of maximizing the stats that I'd like?
    There used to be, but ever since gen 5 started evs are calculated into the stats at the end of battle, and i think when withdrawn from a box.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Ok thanks for answering. So just to make it more clear for me let me ask one more.

Let's say hypothetically there are two level 1 Pokemons. And they both have the exact mirror copy stats, types, nature, everything.

Pokemon 1 maxed EV trained early for its desired stats. And then it slowly leveled it self to 100.
    Pokemon 2 waited till level 100 AND THEN it finally maxed EV trained its desired stats.

Will there be a difference between the two of them?

does anyone know what kind of stats goodra has? is it defensive etc. trying to breed one for ev training
    3DS FC: 5198 2819 6379

Ok thanks for answering. So just to make it more clear for me let me ask one more.

Let's say hypothetically there are two level 1 Pokemons. And they both have the exact mirror copy stats, types, nature, everything.

Pokemon 1 maxed EV trained early for its desired stats. And then it slowly leveled it self to 100.
    Pokemon 2 waited till level 100 AND THEN it finally maxed EV trained its desired stats.

no. same thing.

Pokemon 1 EV trained early and got its desired stats to max. And then it slowly leveled it self to 100.
    Pokemon 2 waited till level 100 AND THEN it finally EV trained its desired stats to max.

as long as both share the same ivs, evs, and nature, then yes they will have the same stats.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

I fully trained my Goomy in Special Attack and Special Defense, and good god that was annoying. Even if EV trading is more tedious, at least I don't have to contort my hands all the time to play the Super Training game. This is Kid Icarus all over again.

Just a bunch of small questions before I take my leave.

1.) A Pokemon who EV trained its Defense to max from level 1 compared to a Pokemon who EV trained its Defense to max at level 30. Will there be a difference between their Defense stat at level 100? And again, for convenience sake, they both have the same stat, nature, type, etc.

2.) With this new Super Training shindig and its Reset Bags. Does this mean that I can customize my Pokemon's stats anytime I wish, granted I have enough Reset Bags, and not lose any of the totaled stats after I'm done maxing out a difference stat?

I'm sorry for this barrage of questions. It's just that I don't want to do anything that I may regret later.

Whats recommended nature and stats for goomy?

Edit: Also anyone know if you can reclaim torchic multiple times and reload? Want to make sure I get him/her the right nature.

The thing I am wondering about with the Super Trainer is if items like macho brace etc affect the EVs given from the bags and the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMCHIGGIN View Post
    The thing I am wondering about with the Super Trainer is if items like macho brace etc affect the EVs given from the bags and the challenges.
    Nope, they do not affect it

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Nope, they do not affect it
    What about Pokerus?

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

hi guys sorry for this noob question :P but how do i no how many evs ( in numbers) i have given my pokemon ?? i see the green bar on the right in super training when its full im assuming ive given it max evs possible ? as with my wobbuffet i gave all its evs in HP how do i no when iv given it like 255 ?? so i can start putting more into another stat ??

Quote Originally Posted by officerscrote View Post
    hi guys sorry for this noob question :P but how do i no how many evs ( in numbers) i have given my pokemon ?? i see the green bar on the right in super training when its full im assuming ive given it max evs possible ? as with my wobbuffet i gave all its evs in HP how do i no when iv given it like 255 ?? so i can start putting more into another stat ??
    you will stop gaining points in that stat when it is maxed at 252.

Am trying to get a timid or modest Yvetal, thank god for the 3 legends having at least 3 ivs maxed no matter what.

Seriously how do you unlock secret super training? I want that dusk stone

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwolf10 View Post
    Seriously how do you unlock secret super training? I want that dusk stone
    max a pokemon's ev's and use it in super training.

It won't let you train anymore for a stat if it's maxed out. If you're not wanting to max out the stat, and just want to buff it up a bit, just keep track on a piece of paper or a document on your computer (which is what I do).
    Current Pokémon X Team:

Kalos Pokémon League Champions
    ----------
    Friend Safari: Espurr / Munna / Xatu
    PM me to exchange friend codes for the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingChaos View Post
    It won't let you train anymore for a stat if it's maxed out. If you're not wanting to max out the stat, and just want to buff it up a bit, just keep track on a piece of paper or a document on your computer (which is what I do).
    ok tyvm

The Evs auto max at 252. It won't let you raise the stat more than that.

anyone know how the Hidden Power will work with the new Fairy Type??
    I want You to make a contract with ME!!!

3DS FC: 3050-8242-3953

OU team:

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    Can you keep claiming it and reloading to change nature?
    Yup thats your suppose to do it.

Hey guys, first post on serebii here, I wanted to get something clarified with the whole new exp share system. So I see much of the hype is about the new super ev training element of the game but can we also take advantage of the exp share system?

So from my current knowledge, the new exp share will give 100% exp to any pokemon that engaged in the battle and 50% to all party members. EV is gained when exp is gained. So say, if my 1st pokemon battles a zubat, then all pokemon in my party will gain 1 speed EV?

If that is the case, how would pokerus and power items factor in? If we assume each Pokemon in the party was infected with Pokerus and had a power anklet held, does that mean they will gain 10 Speed EVs for each Zubat defeated? Doesn't this make training for specific stats much easier if you want to train in groups? Eg. if I wanted to train Gible, Bagon, Dratini, Trapinch and Hydreigon all at once, I do not have to battle Zubats individually for each pokemon but can do it collectively?

If that is the case. What about the re-introduction of PokeRadar? if the mechanics works similar to the previous generation, any pokemon defeated using pokeradar will cause another pokemon of the same species to appear. Doesnt that make finding specific pokemon for EVs much easier?

Sorry for long post.

Quote Originally Posted by lucario572 View Post
    anyone know how the Hidden Power will work with the new Fairy Type??
    hidden power has nothing to do with typing it depends on your pokemons hidden iv's to determine the type of hidden power it will produce if that helps...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

There’s apparently a reset bag in Super Training that resets all your EVs and allows you to start over. If I had a Pokemon at level 100 and used the reset bag and got all my EVs again, when exactly do the EVs take effect? I never understood that. I’m raising the SP Attack and Speed of my Charizard and I have no idea when I’ll notice a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by skreech View Post
    Hey guys, first post on serebii here, I wanted to get something clarified with the whole new exp share system. So I see much of the hype is about the new super ev training element of the game but can we also take advantage of the exp share system?

So from my current knowledge, the new exp share will give 100% exp to any pokemon that engaged in the battle and 50% to all party members. EV is gained when exp is gained. So say, if my 1st pokemon battles a zubat, then all pokemon in my party will gain 1 speed EV?

If that is the case, how would pokerus and power items factor in? If we assume each Pokemon in the party was infected with Pokerus and had a power anklet held, does that mean they will gain 10 Speed EVs for each Zubat defeated? Doesn't this make training for specific stats much easier if you want to train in groups? Eg. if I wanted to train Gible, Bagon, Dratini, Trapinch and Hydreigon all at once, I do not have to battle Zubats individually for each pokemon but can do it collectively?

If that is the case. What about the re-introduction of PokeRadar? if the mechanics works similar to the previous generation, any pokemon defeated using pokeradar will cause another pokemon of the same species to appear. Doesnt that make finding specific pokemon for EVs much easier?

Sorry for long post.
    Yes they would all gain a speed ev, and you're right on EXP Share..

but with your party having Pokerus, I do not believe it will active as they are not in battle. Only the active will take into account the held item and/or pokerus
    | | | | TBD | | TBD |
    Pokemon X : Deak

Trying to build a team that isn't a replica of every other team being used.

Hello! I've lurked the serebii forums for a while now. (I didn't join before because I just haven't been very...outgoing for these past few years. *Lonely natured poke'fan I guess* XDDD ^^; )

Anyway, now that I have gotten the confession out of my system, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to give me a suggestion for Honedge's EV spread. I don't remember reading about one in my lurking as a guest. If I've missed it, feel free to drop the quote on my head. ^__^

I will say that I have read that if one intends to evolve it into Aegislash (as is my plan for one), the EV spread should be 252HP and Atk since the extra HP would help cover either of the defenses being hammered, but somehow, I just feel that focusing solely on Atk over Sp. Atk. (which, according to Smogon, have the same value of 60 for offenses in shield form) is just not necessarily a good idea. Personally, I think that 252 HP, 130 Def, and 126 Sp. Def would be ideal for shield form and for somewhat aiding the Attack form's low defenses in battle when it's active, but that may not be as ideal depending on the moveset...hence why I am asking.

I'm just having a hard time making my decision right now since I only know stats concerning Honedge and its evos, not moves, so, if someone would be nice enough to help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I mean, I could totally just level up my spare Honedge and find out its moveset that way I guess...but it seemed like it was much easier to just ask someone who was further along what my options were concerning one of my new favorite poke'mon.

Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast