Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

ive been breeding pokes and im wondering how or even if there is a way to tell what iv's they have is there a way of finding out before i ev train ?

Quote Originally Posted by officerscrote View Post
    ive been breeding pokes and im wondering how or even if there is a way to tell what iv's they have is there a way of finding out before i ev train ?
    as of now there is no way of determining IVs for 6th gen. i know, it sucks. i havent been catching any 6th gen pkmn ( except my starter ) because i really want to check IVs and know what EV spreads to give them. I've just been training gen 1-5 pkmn and mega evo pkmn till i get my strategy guide or till serebii updates their IV calculator. Im not too worried about it either... Im just waiting for pokebank to hit ( in december ) so i can transfer all my shiny flawless pokemon, and most importantly, my DITTOs! so i can start IV breeding pkmn in this gen. as of now nothing i catch will really matter till pokebank...excpet maybe the legends. as of now im just going to collect mega stones to be honest...
    Last edited by Umbreon2112; 15th October 2013 at 5:59 AM.
    BLK2 FC: 2709 9945 0568
    X FC: 1134 6965 6188

I RNG, If you have any requests just PM me. Also, I have many RNGd legends, events, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    as of now there is no way of determining IVs for 6th gen. i know, it sucks. i havent been catching any 6th gen pkmn ( except my starter ) because i really want to check IVs and know what EV spreads to give them. I've just been training gen 1-5 pkmn and mega evo pkmn till i get my strategy guide or till serebii updates their IV calculator. Im not too worried about it either... Im just waiting for pokebank to hit ( in december ) so i can transfer all my shiny flawless pokemon, and most importantly, my DITTOs! so i can start IV breeding pkmn in this gen. as of now nothing i catch will really matter till pokebank...excpet maybe the legends. as of now im just going to collect mega stones to be honest...
    Are you talking about determining IVs to a very specific level? If not, then there is an IV checker in the pokemon center in a town that is available post-game.

Nevermind! I found what I needed to know over at Smogon. The line focuses on many slashing attacks (surprise, surprise).

I think that I will go with an HP/Def/Sp. Defense spread for starters just to see how well I can make use of that with Rest. Of course, the HP/Atk spread totally makes more sense now. Yeah... XD

It was a pain in the butt at first... But an hour later, I maxed out Delphorexblah(I don't remember fennekin's final evo name) and a lvl 10 Event torchic.

It was eh. Considering that finding the pokemon with the wanted EV in Kalos is pretty hard... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by OreNoBaka View Post
    Are you talking about determining IVs to a very specific level? If not, then there is an IV checker in the pokemon center in a town that is available post-game.
    Is it a IV calculator? Or is it a guy that tells you your pkmns potential? Plus, if it's post game then I can't use it. On top of that we still don't have base stats on any pokemon still... So even if they did have good IVs I probably wouldn't EV them till I knew what base stats I was working with

I RNG, If you have any requests just PM me. Also, I have many RNGd legends, events, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Skin View Post
    It was a pain in the butt at first... But an hour later, I maxed out Delphorexblah(I don't remember fennekin's final evo name) and a lvl 10 Event torchic.

It was eh. Considering that finding the pokemon with the wanted EV in Kalos is pretty hard... for now.
    Its a bigger pain in the butt to regular EV train. Super training is a blessing.

Not sure if anyone saw my previous question...but with the reset bag in Super Training, it resets all your EVs and allows you to start over right? If I had a Pokemon at level 100 and used the reset bag and got all my EVs again, when exactly do the EVs take effect? I never understood that. I’m raising the SP Attack and Speed of my Charizard and I have no idea when I’ll notice a difference.

The guy tells you your pokemon potential, like all the other IV checkers in the previous generations. So no, not an IV calculator, unfortunately.
    It's unfortunate that the IV checker is in post-game, I know. But we should just deal with it.
    I'm pretty sure Smogon has the base stats of most pokemon in gen 6 covered, if you haven't checked.

Quote Originally Posted by OreNoBaka View Post
    The guy tells you your pokemon potential, like all the other IV checkers in the previous generations. So no, not an IV calculator, unfortunately.
    It's unfortunate that the IV checker is in post-game, I know. But we should just deal with it.
    I'm pretty sure Smogon has the base stats of most pokemon in gen 6 covered, if you haven't checked.
    I didn't see any base stats for 6th gen pkmn on smogon. Link me?

Just finished Super Training my Fletchling!
    Current Pokémon X Team:

Kalos Pokémon League Champions
    ----------
    Friend Safari: Espurr / Munna / Xatu
    PM me to exchange friend codes for the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Phelps (PK) View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw my previous question...but with the reset bag in Super Training, it resets all your EVs and allows you to start over right? If I had a Pokemon at level 100 and used the reset bag and got all my EVs again, when exactly do the EVs take effect? I never understood that. I’m raising the SP Attack and Speed of my Charizard and I have no idea when I’ll notice a difference.
    In order to ev train level 100 pokemon in previous generations you had to deposit them in the pc (and take them out again I suppose) after the training was done to get the updated stats. You should try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    I didn't see any base stats for 6th gen pkmn on smogon. Link me?
    here:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ction.3489182/

Have they reworked the EV system in this game? I've certainly noticed that the stat caps are down to 252 for each stat now, so as to stop overflow. But that would still leave 6 EVs to give to one stat, only increasing it by 1. Unless they've also changed it so it's now only 3 EVs to increase a stat by one, but I'm not sure on that. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Currently Super Training my Calm Flabébé. 252 Special Attack, 252 in Special Defense, and 4 in Speed or HP, I have yet to decide

Quote Originally Posted by Carnax View Post
    Have they reworked the EV system in this game? I've certainly noticed that the stat caps are down to 252 for each stat now, so as to stop overflow. But that would still leave 6 EVs to give to one stat, only increasing it by 1.
    this is correct.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

May I know if absol is worth the time for EV training? I have an Adamant Absol so am considering if I should train it.

Have been hearing from some people that in competitive battles Absol are pretty weak and useless......

Quote Originally Posted by AliBaBaIsMyName View Post
    May I know if absol is worth the time for EV training? I have an Adamant Absol so am considering if I should train it.

Have been hearing from some people that in competitive battles Absol are pretty weak and useless......
    Mega Absol appears to be one of the few Mega Evolutions which might be better than a held item.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Mega Absol appears to be one of the few Mega Evolutions which might be better than a held item.
    Why do people keep saying life orb is better? On basically all of the megas they have the strength of the life ord, or slightly less for more bulk and/or speed AND you do not take life orb recoil damage.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Why do people keep saying life orb is better? On basically all of the megas they have the strength of the life ord, or slightly less for more bulk and/or speed AND you do not take life orb recoil damage.
    Because not everything uses a life orb.
    Alakazam for example mostly used focus sash, since about every physical move oneshots it
    Mega-Alakazam still only has 55 hp and 65 (+20 from normal) def and will still get oneshot by physical moves.

edit: Alakazam also loses Magic Guard, which completely sucks.
    Last edited by saldu; 15th October 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Because not everything uses a life orb.
    Alakazam for example mostly used focus sash, since about every physical move oneshots it
    Mega-Alakazam still only has 55 hp and 65 (+20 from normal) def and will still get oneshot by physical moves.
    Most alakazam I see are running life orb with magic guard. Even then, sashes tend to be broken easily by rocks. mega-alakazam can outspeed more pokes and probably OHKO a lot of them.

Lucario is an example of a pokemon where i see people saying life orb is better, which makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Most alakazam I see are running life orb with magic guard. Even then, sashes tend to be broken easily by rocks. mega-alakazam can outspeed more pokes and probably OHKO a lot of them.

Lucario is an example of a pokemon where i see people saying life orb is better, which makes no sense to me.
    That's why focus sash is so good on magic guard Alakazam, Magic Guard takes no entry hazard damage. The sash will not break from SR or spikes.

edit: But yes, Lucario I don't get.
    Mega Lucario is better in every way than Lucario's best Gen 5 set. The speed allows to use Adaptibility-boosted STAB moves where you'd previously had to use extremespeed.
    Last edited by saldu; 15th October 2013 at 1:32 PM.

Anyone has a list for Zygardes highest possible stats? (min neutral max)

Quote Originally Posted by Smasher89 View Post
    Anyone has a list for Zygardes highest possible stats? (min neutral max)
    Base stats are 108/100/121/81/95/95. Use the formulae given here to check it out. Too lazy to do it myself heh.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

FINALLY, after about 4 hours worth of SRing with a modest ralts in front, i have a modest Yvetal with 31 sp. atk, 28-29 speed iv and decent ivs everywhere else. THANK ARCEUS.

Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast