Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    This would be quite true, suggesting hotspots even exist in this generation. The only reason I say this is because even as of route 1, there are a tooooon of different pokemon in each patch of grass. I didn't look at any of them in particular to see if there were several old gen pokemon that had a common EV (too busy enjoying the game lol) but yeah... I'm definitely not one to run around for hours looking for a few pokemon amongst a whole ton of them. That's what I liked about Black and White EV trianing, there were pretty much spots with just the EV that you needed xD If that doesn't exist in this game I'll probably primarily be super training (+ vitamins of course).

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone know if Pokerus affects super training or not? It's probably a little early to be expecting people to have caught pokerus already, but it's worth an ask xD
    actually, a lot of people have caught it, and no it does not effect super training
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Is there a way to check IVs ingame? I heard something about it. This would be nice as checking IVs is a pain. :P
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

I am confused...I just tried super training for the first time and it gave me points for defense and I don't want to EV train for defense but I can't seem to be able to select speed. Are the bags the only thing that EV train the pokemon? Do the defense points mess up my EV training?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    Is there a way to check IVs ingame? I heard something about it. This would be nice as checking IVs is a pain. :P
    Sort of, the IV geck guy from previous games is back, and this time he also tells you if you have a really bad iv in one of your stats. He is in the postgame city's Pokemon Center
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Connecting Cave is great for Attack and Speed ev training. Lots of Zubats and Axews and some times Axew comes in hordes making it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    I am confused...I just tried super training for the first time and it gave me points for defense and I don't want to EV train for defense but I can't seem to be able to select speed. Are the bags the only thing that EV train the pokemon? Do the defense points mess up my EV training?
    the tutorial 1 are defence so id use a pokemon that you dont care about ev training to do them after you have done those use that pokemon to clear all the level 1 and 2 courses of each stat so you unlock the courses that give 12 evs a game.

black fc: 3439-7194-2565

This is reaaally weird place to post this, but what pokemon evolution line is on the SP. Def bag? It's been bugging me since launch day.

HG FC:1462-8992-6099
    Black FC: 1377-6602-6292

Looking for: Shiny Totodile, Shiny Magby, and Shiny Trapinch, Shiny Sneasel (all UT)

Have many 4th Gen shinies to offer (97 of them, and some legendaries) so PM me if you are looking for a specific one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    actually, a lot of people have caught it, and no it does not effect super training
    Wow really? I must just have terrible luck. I've been playing pokemon since blue and it took me till last october when Black 2 came out to get my first pokerus, and it was from a trade with a friend I made at college (I don't think she knew it had pokerus, and neither did I for the longest time). And here people are getting it withing a week of the game coming out xD

Quote Originally Posted by bailey2092 View Post
    This is reaaally weird place to post this, but what pokemon evolution line is on the SP. Def bag? It's been bugging me since launch day.
    I /think/ it's supposed to be the flabebe line... but I don't actually know. The flower-ish red pattern on them is what lead me to that conclusion xD I'm curious too...
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

So, for those of you not in the know, regular EV Training is still very possible.

If you want a fast special sweeper (For me so far it's been Noivern, Gardevoir, Gengar and Mewtwo) then goto Route 12 which is East of Shalour City. When you enter the Route, there will be a patch of Grass. Spam Sweet Scent to get Hordes of Wingull, who gives 1 Speed EV each, and Mareep, who gives 1 Special Attack EV each. With Pokerus this can max out to 10 EVS a battle. You may get the occasional Tauros horde, but just flee from those. EXP Share still gives EVs and affects Pokerus.
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    So, for those of you not in the know, regular EV Training is still very possible.

If you want a fast special sweeper (For me so far it's been Noivern, Gardevoir, Gengar and Mewtwo) then goto Route 12 which is East of Shalour City. When you enter the Route, there will be a patch of Grass. Spam Sweet Scent to get Hordes of Wingull, who gives 1 Speed EV each, and Mareep, who gives 1 Special Attack EV each. With Pokerus this can max out to 10 EVS a battle. You may get the occasional Tauros horde, but just flee from those. EXP Share still gives EVs and affects Pokerus.
    Wow that's brilliant.
    First, it confirms that my idea of EV-maxing 6 pokemon at once works.
    Secondly, swarms...wow. Brilliant. Can't believe I didn't get the idea. Should be extremely convenient for EVing. There are routes where only 1 swarm is possible, and I don't think there's any with more than 3.
    Only need 12 battles to max out*...if you have a move that hits everything, you could be done in as few as 5 minutes. www
    And I already got 6 combees from the berry farm, in case I don't have room / don't have a pkm for sweet scent.

*with power item & pokerus
    Last edited by saldu; 17th October 2013 at 9:35 AM.

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

That's awesome Does sweet scent only attract hordes now?
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Wow that's brilliant.
    First, it confirms that my idea of EV-maxing 6 pokemon at once works.
    Secondly, swarms...wow. Brilliant. Can't believe I didn't get the idea. Should be extremely convenient for EVing. There are routes where only 1 swarm is possible, and I don't think there's any with more than 3.
    Only need 12 battles to max out*...if you have a move that hits everything, you could be done in as few as 5 minutes. www
    And I already got 6 combees from the berry farm, in case I don't have room / don't have a pkm for sweet scent.

*with power item & pokerus
    To be honest, there is a half decent spot on Route 10 for speed with Electrike and Yanma(Run into the occasional Nosepass horde :/) and a decent Special Attack spot opposite the Daycare. A horde of Roselia without Power Items but with Pokerus is 20 EVS. You also run into the occasional Hoppip horde

Also, for this I use the EXP Share with Greninja that knows Surf. Victory Road is good for Defense from Geodude hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonder View Post
    That's awesome Does sweet scent only attract hordes now?
    Yes, if the area has a horde.

Also, the Pokemon village has Foongus hordes for Special Defense.
    Last edited by PokemonOwn; 17th October 2013 at 9:44 AM.

Speedruns:

And due to the new EP Share, it is so extremely convenient.
    Just lead with a highlvl Pokemon that can wipe swarms out in 1 turn, let exp share do its magic. 5 Pokemon max eved. Woot. Actually makes me wanna fully train every pokemon's max evolution.
    Well, but first need to get to postgame for those power items.

Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

And due to the new EP Share, it is so extremely convenient.
    Just lead with a highlvl Pokemon that can wipe swarms out in 1 turn, let exp share do its magic. 5 Pokemon max eved. Woot. Actually makes me wanna fully train every pokemon's max evolution.
    Well, but first need to get to postgame for those power items.
    Yes, I'm training up these Pokemon for the purpose of mudering the Battle Frontier because Mewtwo is banned there.

Also, it can only be 5 EVed at a time if you have a Pokemon with something like Surf and Sweet Scent, I use Venasaur and train 4 Pokemon.

Speedruns:

Yes, I'm training up these Pokemon for the purpose of mudering the Battle Frontier because Mewtwo is banned there.

Also, it can only be 5 EVed at a time if you have a Pokemon with something like Surf and Sweet Scent, I use Venasaur and train 4 Pokemon.
    Yeah, Venusaur is convenient, it has access to razor leaf and sweet scent by levelup.
    Or does it have an even better all-hitting move?

Yeah, Venusaur is convenient, it has access to razor leaf and sweet scent by levelup.
    Or does it have an even better all-hitting move?
    Not sure, but doesn't Flabebe have Sweet Scent? And it can learn Dazzling Gleam, 90 Base Power + Stab + Hit all Pokes with 100% accuracy?

EDIT: Florges doesn't learn Sweet Scent through the move relearner, maybe through breeding?

EDIT: Venasaur can learn EQuake, but again, won't hit flying types like the Wingull horde I mentioned earlier.

Has anyone found any more good Special Attack EV Spots?
    Last edited by PokemonOwn; 17th October 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Speedruns:

can someone help clarify something for me with regards to the IV rater. is outstanding better than relatively superior?
    3DS FC: 5198 2819 6379

Would it be a good idea to raise a Gardevoir with high Special Attack and Special Defense EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Phelps (PK) View Post
    Would it be a good idea to raise a Gardevoir with high Special Attack and Special Defense EVs?
    Special Attack and Speed.

Speedruns:

In the patches of Grass before the Reflection Cave you can find Stunky Hordes which give 1 Speed per Stunky.

EDIT: Hordes of Gulpin can be found on Route 5 for 5 HP EVS per Horde, as can Hordes of Minun and Plusle which both give 2 Special Attack EVS each. (10 Per Horde)
    EDIT: In the Frost Cavern you can find Vanillite or Smoochum Hordes which give 5 Special Attack EVS per horde. Hordes of Chubchoo can be found here too, which give 1 Attack EV each.
    Last edited by PokemonOwn; 17th October 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Speedruns:

Special Attack and Speed.
    Mine's got a Quiet nature and her Speed took a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Phelps (PK) View Post
    Mine's got a Quiet nature and her Speed took a hit.
    Gardevoir without Speed DOES work, it's just not as good as speed.

Speedruns:

Do you have to use certain Pokémon to get the Stones in Super Training? My time on the Shiny Stone is 2:30 which is pretty impressive. Not sure how I can improve that. Done it about 10 times with no luck.

It's just random. As long as you're reaching the target time, you have a chance of getting the stone.

Murkrow Hordes in Route 17 for 1 Speed EV Each.

Speedruns:

Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast