Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

I have a question; Is it possible that the parents IV's deteriorate the longer they stay at the daycare? Where i got alot of 5 IV Sneasels, i now get alot with 4 IV's or less... Is this just temporary, or do i need to change the parents every once in a while?

3DS Friendcode: 5370-0754-5306
    Pshychic Friend Safari Zone:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSaiyan View Post
    I have a question; Is it possible that the parents IV's deteriorate the longer they stay at the daycare? Where i got alot of 5 IV Sneasels, i now get alot with 4 IV's or less... Is this just temporary, or do i need to change the parents every once in a while?
    IV's are permanent, sometimes breeding two 5 IV pokemon together can yield 3-4 IV offspring on rare occasions. It is just luck, so don't worry.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    IV's are permanent, sometimes breeding two 5 IV pokemon together can yield 3-4 IV offspring on rare occasions. It is just luck, so don't worry.
    Ok, i just got a couple of 5 IV's again. I only put 5 IV's in my pc, but im almost out of space... I need Pokemon Bank now, lol

Quote Originally Posted by OreNoBaka View Post
    The pokemon's stat changes if it has EVs added to it at level 100 if you put it in the PC. At least, that's how it was for Black and White.
    Does anyone know if this has been confirmed for X & Y?

I'm being super paranoid about messing up my team's strongest member in case it's not the same in the new games. I have a reset bag already but I want to be 100% sure it's "safe" to use.
    SS: Vappy 1335 7230 1547
    W: Vappy 4041 5508 6002
    3DS (X): Vappy 0834 0950 6490

So i was ditto farming and came across this...are all 3 stats 31?
    Outstanding potential overall
    Greastest potential lies in its HP
    Defense stat is good, too
    Although its SP.atk is equally good
    Jaye
    3668 8206 5251
    I have beaten the Elite 4.
    Normal: Ditto,Teddiursa, Loudred (Like anyone wants these haha)

Quote Originally Posted by darkzeru View Post
    So i was ditto farming and came across this...are all 3 stats 31?
    Did he say the stats can't be beat? If so then yes all the stats are 31.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Did he say the stats can't be beat? If so then yes all the stats are 31.
    Yes he did...and neat....
    Jaye
    3668 8206 5251

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSaiyan View Post
    Ok, i just got a couple of 5 IV's again. I only put 5 IV's in my pc, but im almost out of space... I need Pokemon Bank now, lol
    Are you still at the lower amount of boxes or have you got all of the boxes? I don't like it when they do that, but at least they brought back moving multiple pokemon! So useful!

Are you still at the lower amount of boxes or have you got all of the boxes? I don't like it when they do that, but at least they brought back moving multiple pokemon! So useful!
    Whats the max # of boxes you can have?
    Jaye
    3668 8206 5251

Quote Originally Posted by darkzeru View Post
    Whats the max # of boxes you can have?
    I am not sure, but i know black and white 2 had 24 boxes so I am going to assume 24.

Max is 31 Boxes
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: Kami 1349-5696-3132

Playing Pokemon X:
    Name: Kami

Proud Owner of:
    Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Timid Ghastly with 31/14/31/31/31/31 and 6IV's
    Shiny Brave Honedge with 31/31/31/24/31/00
    Shiny Impish Furfrou with 31/31/31/X/31/31 (M) and 6IV's (F)
    Shiny Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon with 31/X/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
    Shiny Bold Cute Charm Sylveon with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Jolly Tyrunt with 31/31/31/31/23/31
    Shiny Timid Infiltrator Noibat with 31/14/23/31/31/31

Ah, i see. when all boxes are occupied with pokemon, you get more boxes. I didn't know that

I'm sorry for not searching but is it true that the max EV for a Stat is now 252 rather than 255?

Quote Originally Posted by junicobakura View Post
    I'm sorry for not searching but is it true that the max EV for a Stat is now 252 rather than 255?
    Yeah the max is 252 now. So you will have an extra 6 EVs to put in another stat.

I am not sure, but i know black and white 2 had 24 boxes so I am going to assume 24.
    They'll always leave you will enough space for every single pokemon in the current Pokedex an then leave at least 2 free boxes. In X and Y they greatly increase the space with 31 boxes, that leaves you with at least 7 free boxes if you fill up the PC with all 718 Pokemon.
    I can think of various reasons on why they increased the PC space in X and Y. There's so many Pokemon to catch lot's of people like to collect them even have lot's of duplicates, breeders will have lot's of space now for eggs, people won't be forced into using Pokemon Bank if they don't want to use it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Yeah the max is 252 now. So you will have an extra 6 EVs to put in another stat.
    I'm pretty happy they changed this, at least now if your maxing out the EV's in a stat you don't really have to keep track of them.
    Last edited by Zyon; 31st October 2013 at 3:32 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Although I wonder why they didn't also tweak the EV total maximum to 508. Just think about it: You need to get a Pokemon's EV to the maximum if you want to play the hidden games in Supertraining. That means that if you keep playing the Level 3 games (+12 in a stat for each game) it is very likely that at the end you'll be playing one more game just to fill up the remaining 2 points, but since 2 points don't even boost your stat it's basically wasted time. Sure, by that time a Pokemon only needs a few seconds to complete a Level 1 game and fill those additional 2 points. Still it feels kinda pointless. They could have just capped total EV maximum at 508. I guess the only reason for them not to do so was compatibility with Pokemon transferred via PokéMover.

EDIT:
    Does anyone know, when EV will actually flow into your stats in Pokemon X/Y? Does that still happen at level 100 only? Because I have a few Pokemon at level 50 with good nature (Speed+) and maximum IV and EV in Speed and Attack and they're still doing horrible in the Battle Institute. The Pokemon in question are Staraptor and Electivire, btw.
    Last edited by RPG Hacker; 31st October 2013 at 5:03 PM.

I had a question that maybe somebody knows the answer too. So I have a few level 50 pokemon who are maxed EV/IV trained. So my question is how big of a difference would it be if I used those pokemon in the wi/fi battles opposed to the same pokemon but they would be trained all the way up to level 100. I was curious since most wi/fi battles set all the pokemon at level 50 regardless of what level. Send me a message if anyone can help.

Hey guys I'm brand new to this EV and IV stuff but I've been around since Red and Blue and everything in between. Could you guys direct me to some comprehensive EV and IV info pages to help me out?

Thanks, enjoying you guys input by the way...
    FC: 1950-8664-8985

Quote Originally Posted by stylesbk View Post
    I had a question that maybe somebody knows the answer too. So I have a few level 50 pokemon who are maxed EV/IV trained. So my question is how big of a difference would it be if I used those pokemon in the wi/fi battles opposed to the same pokemon but they would be trained all the way up to level 100. I was curious since most wi/fi battles set all the pokemon at level 50 regardless of what level. Send me a message if anyone can help.
    There would be absolutely no difference whatsoever. Even if the pokemon are level 1, as long as they have max EVs it doesn't make them any better or worse when autolevelled to 50.

Hey guys I'm brand new to this EV and IV stuff but I've been around since Red and Blue and everything in between. Could you guys direct me to some comprehensive EV and IV info pages to help me out?
    EVs and IVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Hey everybody, Quick question

Basically when you hatch pokemon en masse at level 1 sometimes some pokemon might have 5 in a certain stat whereas others have a 6, .... if you were to level them up would the stat difference be noticeable? or are i.v's what's important.

I ask as I have half a box of adamant huge power bunnelby and most have stats like this 11/6/5/4/5/6 but some of them have higher or lower defences/attack than each other.

The Bunnelby I'm thinking of using has 11/6/5/4/5/6 and is quick tempered, I'm wondering if the seemingly lower defences are actually lower.

I once read stats level out and don't matter at low levels and i'vs are what count, or something like that..... BUT, I don't what to believe. Hence My Qeustion.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 31st October 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post

Basically when you hatch pokemon en masse at level 1 sometimes some pokemon might have 5 in a certain stat whereas others have a 6, .... if you were to level them up would the stat difference be noticeable? or are i.v's what's important.

I ask as I have half a box of adamant huge power bunnelby and most have stats like this 11/6/5/4/5/6 but some of them have higher or lower defences/attack than each other.

The Bunnelby I'm thinking of using has 11/6/5/4/5/6 and is quick tempered, I'm wondering if the seemingly lower defences are actually lower.

I once read stats at low levels don't matter and i'vs are what count. BUT, I don't what to believe. Hence My Qeustion.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    At such a low level it is hard to determine what IV's your pokemon has, they could have exactly the same numbers at lvl 1 but at higher levels you will find that some stats are higher/lower than others. Use the IV checker in Kiloude City to help determine what IV's your pokemon have.

I once read stats at low levels don't matter and i'vs are what count. BUT, I don't what to believe. Hence My Qeustion.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Those stat differences you see are IVs. The stat calculation formula applies to all levels.
    For example, for lvl 1 Bunnelby: (neutral/beneficial nature)
    0-27 Attack IV: 5 Attack
    28-31 Attack IV: 6 Attack
    0-23 Defense IV: 5 Defense
    24-31 Defense IV: 6 Defense
    0-27 SpDef IV: 5 SpDef
    28-31 SpDef IV: 6 SpDef

A hindering nature will always have -1 to a stat on a lvl 1 pokemon, because stats always get rounded down both before and after nature multiplier is applied.
    Due to rounding down, a positive nature will never see an increase in a stat on a lvl 1 pokemon.

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Those stat differences you see are IVs. The stat calculation formula applies to all levels.
    For example, for lvl 1 Bunnelby: (neutral/beneficial nature)
    0-27 Attack IV: 5 Attack
    28-31 Attack IV: 6 Attack
    0-23 Defense IV: 5 Defense
    24-31 Defense IV: 6 Defense
    0-27 SpDef IV: 5 SpDef
    28-31 SpDef IV: 6 SpDef

A hindering nature will always have -1 to a stat on a lvl 1 pokemon, because stats always get rounded down both before and after nature multiplier is applied.
    Due to rounding down, a positive nature will never see an increase in a stat on a lvl 1 pokemon.
    Oh, really, That's really helpful information. I've been after some intel on this but it's hard to find, I think I'll have to keep breeding till i get something a bit better, but based on what very little we know of it's stats.... is it usable?

At such a low level it is hard to determine what IV's your pokemon has, they could have exactly the same numbers at lvl 1 but at higher levels you will find that some stats are higher/lower than others. Use the IV checker in Kiloude City to help determine what IV's your pokemon have.
    Thank you that's really helpful too, so do you know about giving them like 20 rare candies each, so i can see how they level up in each stat and compare....apparently it's the same as a wild level up.

Also does levelling them up in the daycare give the same result.

Unfortunately, I'm still at the fourth gym, without giving away any spoilers...... can you tell me if i'm nearby Killoude?

Thanks again saldu and cuthroat

Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 31st October 2013 at 10:28 PM.

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

Oh, really, That's really helpful information. I've been after some intel on this but it's hard to find, I think I'll have to keep breeding till i get something a bit better, but based on what very little we know of it's stats.... is it usable?
    It depends on what you consider usable. From the point of view of IV's, though, it's not really possible to tell if it's good or usable unless you level it up a bit. Unfortunately, you can't use the Maison to check, since they don't scale levels like the Subway did. You can do a battle real quick with a friend, since the default rule scales everything to level 50, though.

Thank you that's really helpful too, so do you know about giving them like 20 rare candies each, so i can see how they level up in each stat and compare....apparently it's the same as a wild level up.

Also does levelling them up in the daycare give the same result.

Unfortunately, I'm still at the fourth gym, without giving away any spoilers...... can you tell me if i'm nearby Killoude?

Thanks again saldu and cuthroat

Kiloude City is only accessible post-game, so you're still quite a ways away from that point.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    It depends on what you consider usable. From the point of view of IV's, though, it's not really possible to tell if it's good or usable unless you level it up a bit. Unfortunately, you can't use the Maison to check, since they don't scale levels like the Subway did. You can do a battle real quick with a friend, since the default rule scales everything to level 50, though.
    Kiloude City is only accessible post-game, so you're still quite a ways away from that point.

I think I'll breed for a better one using my judgement then try a battle, but what numbers am i looking for? .....should i just compare like 6 of the best at level 50 and choose the best.

As for what i consider useable, anything thats above average with a good characteristic, good looking stats and good nature. But, that's it, I don't breed for perfect I.V's across the board though as i don't enter tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    oh, darn. >_> .... never mind on that bit then,

Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast