Page 53 of 124 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3077

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Personally I would keep it, mewtwo is beast as it is and with max attack and speed you might aswell.

On a second note, does anyone else, breed past what is necessary? Like going for the full 6 stat IV31, or is it just me? ha ha
    Well, i got 2 Sneasels with 6 perfect IV's and like a million with 5, so im done with Sneasel atm. Having a few with 6 IV's is awesome, but 5 is nice aswell i guess. But i always like to get the maximum, lol. I just got tired of getting 5 IV Sneasels every time, so i'm gonna breed something else now. My next goal is to breed 6 IV's adamant harvest Phantumps.

3DS Friendcode: 5370-0754-5306
    Pshychic Friend Safari Zone:

I really think I want to start battling more competitively, but for that I want to get a friend safari with Ditto....which apparently no one has, haha. Luckily I've gotten one off of the GTS so far, so for now I'll just keep prowling around on there. And then, it's time to collect natures, synchronizers, and whatnot. I think the reason I've never tried to do anything IV-wise is because of my laziness and how much work it seems to be, but I'm determined to finally start doing this stuff!

Edit: I FINALLY got a ditto safari, so I can finally start gathering everything I need to start moving forward with IV stuff. :3
    Last edited by Vaksa; 2nd November 2013 at 7:41 AM.
    Friend Code: 1375-7752-1596
    I have a Grass type safari with Oddish, Sawsbuck, and Quilladin. I need most things, though I'm mostly set on Ghost and Ice types.
    I have lots of space left for friends, so let me know if you add me so I can add you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaksa View Post
    I really think I want to start battling more competitively, but for that I want to get a friend safari with Ditto....which apparently no one has, haha. Luckily I've gotten one off of the GTS so far, so for now I'll just keep prowling around on there. And then, it's time to collect natures, synchronizers, and whatnot. I think the reason I've never tried to do anything IV-wise is because of my laziness and how much work it seems to be, but I'm determined to finally start doing this stuff!
    I had no idea what i was doing a week ago, and now i feel like a pro! It's fun, but it can take a really long time to get what you want. Once you get it, it is rewarding

3DS Friendcode: 5370-0754-5306
    Pshychic Friend Safari Zone:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSaiyan View Post
    I had no idea what i was doing a week ago, and now i feel like a pro! It's fun, but it can take a really long time to get what you want. Once you get it, it is rewarding
    Agreed, its seems more difficult that it actually is when you first try it, but once you know how it is very easy! I have 2 6 IV Dratini's, 6 IV Gengar, Arbok, Stunfisk and wrking on Honedge. Arbok and Stunfisk was easiest way to transfer IV's to egg groups I didn't have 6 IV parents.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

umm how exactly are you guys getting perfect IV's all around? i always had too much trouble figuring out how to pass down perfect IV's unless a pokemon is hacked. I have EV's down since it's simple and easy (yet time consuming) to change them. but i really wanna know how to get good IV's easily. even if it takes a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    umm how exactly are you guys getting perfect IV's all around? i always had too much trouble figuring out how to pass down perfect IV's unless a pokemon is hacked. I have EV's down since it's simple and easy (yet time consuming) to change them. but i really wanna know how to get good IV's easily. even if it takes a while.
    My method is usually, breed the nature and/or hidden ability into an egg using an everstone, then I breed using my HP and attack ditto holding a Power brace to transfer attack, Through luck you will get other flawless IV's, I usually breed till I have at least 2 flawless, so HP and attack, then i use my defense and Sp def ditto to breed with the Att and HP pokemon holding a destiny knot till i get 4 IV's i then try and get 2 pokemon with 4 IV's and breed them together till I get 5 IV's and then breed 2 5 IV pokemon till I get 6 IVs. I have been lucky before though and when breeding 6 IV stunfisk with a regular gastly the first egg was a 6 IV gastly, but it is highly improbable that will ever happen again.

My method is usually, breed the nature and/or hidden ability into an egg using an everstone, then I breed using my HP and attack ditto holding a Power brace to transfer attack, Through luck you will get other flawless IV's, I usually breed till I have at least 2 flawless, so HP and attack, then i use my defense and Sp def ditto to breed with the Att and HP pokemon holding a destiny knot till i get 4 IV's i then try and get 2 pokemon with 4 IV's and breed them together till I get 5 IV's and then breed 2 5 IV pokemon till I get 6 IVs. I have been lucky before though and when breeding 6 IV stunfisk with a regular gastly the first egg was a 6 IV gastly, but it is highly improbable that will ever happen again.
    thanks for this. but how do i ensure that the bred pokemon will inherit both the parent's 31 IV's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    thanks for this. but how do i ensure that the bred pokemon will inherit both the parent's 31 IV's?
    There is no guarantee, but if both parents have the same stat at 31 IV, then with destiny knot which chooses 5 of the IV's to transfer down it has a choice between the parents and if both have 31 in the stat then so long as it isn't the random stat it will be passed on down as 31 IV. For example if both parents have 4 IV 31 stats which are the same, lets say HP, Att, Sp Def and Speed the destiny knot will choose 5 stats to pass down, if the random stat is special attack then the baby will have HP, Att, Sp def and speed IV's 31 as both parents have 31 in that stat. Sometimes though the destiny knot will make a stat you want IV 31 to be the random as such it will be highly unlikely to be 31. This can be countered with a power item on a parent but you will lose the ability to control nature.

Finally hatched my 31/31/31/x/31/31 Riolu

Would have been done ages ago, but night happened so i couldn't evolve them to breed :/
    Now to EV train it then give it a mega stone and unleash destruction!
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    Finally hatched my 31/31/31/x/31/31 Riolu

Would have been done ages ago, but night happened so i couldn't evolve them to breed :/
    Now to EV train it then give it a mega stone and unleash destruction!
    I remember on my soul silver version breeding riolu and got an adamant shiny riolu, with an IV of 2 in attack and I was devastated ha ha

Why is that the last three Goomy I got from Wonder Trade have perfect Attack IVs? Is the Goomy line some physical sweeper I have no knowledge about or is there something else to use Goodra at its best?

And what nature & EV spread should I try to obtain for the sticky monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Why is that the last three Goomy I got from Wonder Trade have perfect Attack IVs? Is the Goomy line some physical sweeper I have no knowledge about or is there something else to use Goodra at its best?

I like my infestation Goodra. :3
    It makes people rage. xD
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post

Adamant is sub-par on Goomy. You really want a Calm nature if you're going as a special defense Goodra, because of his ridiculously high SpDef or Modest if you're running a Special Sweeper Goodra. Phys Goodra kinda works, but it's rather niche compared to Special Sweeper Goodra.

You'll want to run 252 SpDef 252 HP with Hydration as an ability as a SpDef Wall with Calm Nature.

If you're running Special Sweeper Goodra, 252 Sp Atk 252 HP (Because he's not going to outspeed lots of things with 80 Speed) and run Modest.

My 3DS FC: 3067-5353-8848

Picture credits go to: http://amastroph.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalMovies View Post
    Adamant is sub-par on Goomy. You really want a Calm nature if you're going as a special defense Goodra, because of his ridiculously high SpDef or Modest if you're running a Special Sweeper Goodra. Phys Goodra kinda works, but it's rather niche compared to Special Sweeper Goodra.

You'll want to run 252 SpDef 252 HP with Hydration as an ability as a SpDef Wall with Calm Nature.

If you're running Special Sweeper Goodra, 252 Sp Atk 252 HP (Because he's not going to outspeed lots of things with 80 Speed) and run Modest.
    Baha, I say screw standard sets, they're WAY too predicable.
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    Baha, I say screw standard sets, they're WAY too predicable.
    Very well XD. PHYS BAND GOODRA ALL THE WAY
    252 ATK 252 HP WITH Aqua Tail, Power Whip, Outrage and Iron Tail with Adamant.
    EVERYTHING SHALL FALL AGAINST THE MIGHT OF PHYSICAL GOODRA

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalMovies View Post
    Very well XD. PHYS BAND GOODRA ALL THE WAY
    252 ATK 252 HP WITH Aqua Tail, Power Whip, Outrage and Iron Tail with Adamant.
    EVERYTHING SHALL FALL AGAINST THE MIGHT OF PHYSICAL GOODRA
    Pssh, Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Infestation
    Toxic

Definition of annoyance. :3

Although, I'm beginning to think Sleep talk is redundant.

Pssh, Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Infestation
    Toxic

You should replace ST with RD. Hold a Damp Stone and you're set with Hydration and spam against all the pokemon and dominate them with Goodra.

Pssh, Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Infestation
    Toxic

That is a very nice build, but what happens when you end up going against a poison steel team? Obviously you have other pokemon, but Klefki completely walls this build.

That is a very nice build, but what happens when you end up going against a poison steel team? Obviously you have other pokemon, but Klefki completely walls this build.
    Well, unfortunately for Goodra, he can't do much any ways, aside from a non-STAB Muddy Water, there's not much he could do.
    Aside from that, there's also not too much Klefki can do to me, aside from set up spikes. Plus, infestation luckilly does a set amount of damage. But, regardless, he is walled by most steel types, and aside from switching, I have nothing for those guys.

Well, unfortunately for Goodra, he can't do much any ways, aside from a non-STAB Muddy Water, there's not much he could do.
    Aside from that, there's also not too much Klefki can do to me, aside from set up spikes. Plus, infestation luckilly does a set amount of damage. But, regardless, he is walled by most steel types, and aside from switching, I have nothing for those guys.
    Special Goodra can run Focus Blast. Highly unreliable, but if you're willing to take the risk, it really helps with those that wall him.
    (Of Course, this does not include Klefki and Mega-Mawile)

Oh god no! Waste of a slot having spikes. I run with Heal block! It shuts down healing walls and other difficult pokemon

I remember on my soul silver version breeding riolu and got an adamant shiny riolu, with an IV of 2 in attack and I was devastated ha ha
    I think if I hatched a perfect shiny riolu I'd probably trade it away. Shiny Lucario doesn't appeal to me, I much prefer the normal coloration.

I think Goodra is one of those pokemon that has so many different possible uses, that it's gonna take a while and lots of trial and error to see what works best for it.

EDIT: my kleki is a toxic double screener, helps my others set up. Nice synergy with Talonflame and weakness policy Dnite
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Thanks for all the wonky but neat & tempting sets for Goodra guys.

And I got a Modest Rotom with perfect IVs in all stats except for Attack from Wonder Trade, it's beautiful.

Hydration/Rest Goodra, is definitely fun. Infestation works too though.

that Special Defense stat...

Do we know of anyone here who has Ditto in their friend safari? I need Ditto FS so I can start IV breeding.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 53 of 124 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast