Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3048

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

How are some people having such an easy time passing 5 perfect IVs? The best I can get is 4, and even that is tough at times. Am I missing something, or is it just patience/luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    How are some people having such an easy time passing 5 perfect IVs? The best I can get is 4, and even that is tough at times. Am I missing something, or is it just patience/luck?
    Time/luck and having both parents with perfect IVs with one holding destiny knot

It's time and luck. If you have a destiny knot and 2 4 IV parents it shouldn't be too bad. I also suggest checking out the method below. It works, and it works well.

http://i.imgur.com/tH7d9tv.png
    Pokemon Y

Y FRIEND CODE: 4554-0034-8530
    CURRENTLY: Breeding and Trading for Competitive Pokemon
    My Friend Safari is GRASS with SIMISAGE / PETLIL / QUILLADIN
    BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 1464-5211-3970

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Its 1 in 32 chance of me getting a 6 IV pokemon and I am guaranteed 5 IV's. depends on what you are breeding. I breed 2 6 IV pokemon most of the time, as so I can get 5 IV offspring quick, for trading.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Some species seem to resist breeding as well, namely those with uneven genders. I have a horrid time with my charmanders, but everything else goes well. It helps to get some practice and a good stock pool going. If you would like some 4iv starting stock let me know in a pm and I'll add you, then just ask me in game, I usually will offer breading stock with 4+ iv's and/or egg moves... sometime I give 3iv'd off gendered pokemon that are harder to get (I only started doing this because I get asked for them so much... aka female charmanders).

A few other tips and tricks I've learned are...
    that hatching power helps a ton. I don't know if it's luck or what, but I get eggs faster with hatching power 2 and above... I've experimented with it a lot and it keeps working out that way, but it may just be luck.
    If you are missing a stat, breed a second line that includes that stat plus others and then cross it into the main line, the more correct stats the better.
    Cross over your line onto other pokemon in the same breeding group, don't use a 2iv ditto when you have a 5iv male in the same egg group and a female.
    Don't forget to use your destiny knot and ever stones.
    Make sure you have a flame body pokemon with you to shorten hatching times further.

Edit: so the reson I came on today was that I was cleaning my boxes and got a pokemon with 3 horror stats... it got me thinking, what does the judge do if you bring him a 6iv fail pokemon, lol. I'm also curious, how are people going about breeding in slow speed? I'm going to be attempting this and was curious if anyone had any tips for finding craptacular speed pokemon, lol
    Last edited by Gizmoa; 10th November 2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Friend Code: 3909-7680-7010
    My Type: Flying(Farfetch'd, Woobat, and Rufflet)

Spoiler:- My Breeding Projects/Breeder Trades:

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoa View Post
    I'm also curious, how are people going about breeding in slow speed? I'm going to be attempting this and was curious if anyone had any tips for finding craptacular speed pokemon, lol
    I got my zero speed honedge from doing a lot of trading in the gts. I had a box of crappy togepi's, so I figured i'd just put them up. Twice i forgot to specify the lvl and wound up with a lvl 11 catched one, other time's I got bred ones. The togepi's traded really fast. One box later(freaking 27 togepi's), i finally got a honedge with a zero speed IV (or possibly 1, but doesn't really matter in lvl50 battles, i think). also got a 5IV one (with Sp.att, which I didn't need), so it was really fast. The judge talks about the zero speed stat(you won't get anywhere fast with this speed stat), so it's just as easy as 5 31IV pkmn, only it's 4 31IV and one 0IV pkmn. If you want one of my breeding leftovers honedge (or ferroseed), PM me. I won't respond anymore today though, I'm going to sleep!
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

It was a breeze working on the IV spreads for my Magikarp (31/31/31/x/31/31) and Honedge (31/31/31/x/31/0), now comes the hard part, a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Rotom, which is a pain because it is genderless. The parents right now are

Rotom 31 / x / 31 / 31 / x / 31
    Ditto 31 / x / x / x / x / 31

Hopefully it shows up soon, I'm itching to start in the Battle Maison with Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash

It would be much easier if the IVs were reversed, that way I could keep changing for better Rotom fathers, but this'll have to do. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch a nice Ditto in the Friend Safari
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 11th November 2013 at 3:33 AM.

I found a shiny Helioptile with 31 IV in Speed, but the very unfortunate Relaxed nature (+Def, - Speed). I'd like to make use of it somehow. Is it worth EV'ing against a nature if the IV is 31? Or is there someway I can actually set up a defensive Heliolisk :S Thats not likely.

What direction could I go in with it?

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    I found a shiny Helioptile with 31 IV in Speed, but the very unfortunate Relaxed nature (+Def, - Speed). I'd like to make use of it somehow. Is it worth EV'ing against a nature if the IV is 31? Or is there someway I can actually set up a defensive Heliolisk :S Thats not likely.

I hate to tell ya this but, that's a really unfortunate find. . .
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I hate to tell ya this but, that's a really unfortunate find. . .
    Yeah, it is a bummer :P I like to find a use for everything shiny even if they are ... awful ... Surf slave maybe?

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post

don't feel bad... my first shiny this gen was a pinsir but it was timid with 31 ivs in SpD and SpA... i gts traded it
    another occasion is when i found a shiny abra in gen 5... tried to use a quick ball... failed... i wanted to cry afterwards

lets say i just got my charmander from sycamore. its adamant with alert to sounds. i saved, didnt leave the lab and maxed out its evs in attack and speed by super training. so basically, its still at level 10 with maxed evs and i have not battled with it yet. will this reduce the stats he gains later on? will he be a weaker charizard?

Quote Originally Posted by kyutendou View Post
    lets say i just got my charmander from sycamore. its adamant with alert to sounds. i saved, didnt leave the lab and maxed out its evs in attack and speed by super training. so basically, its still at level 10 with maxed evs and i have not battled with it yet. will this reduce the stats he gains later on? will he be a weaker charizard?
    No it won't. As he levels up, he will slowly gain the stats that EV training grants him, eventually ending up with (or close to, depending on IVs) max Attack and max Speed with a neutral nature. Hope I explained it well.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    No it won't. As he levels up, he will slowly gain the stats that EV training grants him, eventually ending up with (or close to, depending on IVs) max Attack and max Speed with a neutral nature. Hope I explained it well.
    so he will be as strong as if i maxed out his evs as a level 100 charizard?

Quote Originally Posted by kyutendou View Post
    so he will be as strong as if i maxed out his evs as a level 100 charizard?
    Yes, he will be. I always EV train my Pokemon right when I get them so they won't get unwanted EVs from battles and they always have what I want them to.

okay something i have noticed and don't know if it just me. I find a lot of 3 iv pokemon in the friend safari but it seems like when im not connected to wifi i dont seem to get any at all apposed to when im connected and i sometimes find 2 or 3 in a batch. Has any one else noticed this at all or am i just crazy?
    If you wanna trade fc PM me with your type of Friend safari and what pokes you have in it in the description.
    FC 0104-0169-1698
    Normal: Dittos,Klecleon, and Aipom.
    I have caught a shiny Skiddo,Growlith, Jigglypuff ,Larvesta and pancham (not for trade)

The super training make things easier, but if u want to train fast fight vs horde pokemons using pokerus + power item, i trained my 248 HP / 252 SDef Tyrantrum with this method without buying vitamins and it was a way faster than super training, but what i like the most is that u can max the evs to 252 and not 255 like in past gens so no errors this time XD

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Yes, he will be. I always EV train my Pokemon right when I get them so they won't get unwanted EVs from battles and they always have what I want them to.
    so lets say you catch a ralts. will you straight away max out its evs before using it for battle?

Think this is the best place to post this question, so here goes:

How can I breed BOTH Outrage and Iron Head into a Gible?
    (I am so impatient, I can't wait until December for Pokemon Bank, I want Garchomp now!)

Female Pokemon now pass down egg moves, thus making it possible to give any Pokemon any combination of four different egg moves.

Breed something that has Iron Head with a female Gible that knows Outrage. Or you could just grab one off the GTS, since tons of people post their excess Gible on there.

I obtained a shiny Braixen with max IVs in D and SpA, but it's EVs are +Def -A, which aren't useless but aren't ideal, either. Do you think this is still usable?

Also, I'm trying to IV breed. I have a male Eevee with x/x/31/31/31/x and a female Mawile with 31/x/x/x/x/31. How often will my egg hatch an Eevee? Is it 50/50?
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    I obtained a shiny Braixen with max IVs in D and SpA, but it's EVs are +Def -A, which aren't useless but aren't ideal, either. Do you think this is still usable?

Also, I'm trying to IV breed. I have a male Eevee with x/x/31/31/31/x and a female Mawile with 31/x/x/x/x/31. How often will my egg hatch an Eevee? Is it 50/50?
    Concerning the eevee the eggs will always be a mawile since the offspring always takes after the mother. As for the shiny braixen I don't think it would do well in competitive but for ingame stuff it should be fine.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

Name:Stacey
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx4.x5. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

One question, how should I breed for a 6IV ditto? Do I need two parents with at least 3 maxed IVs? and what should I make them hold? Thanks

3DS FC: 2637-9606-9857, PM me if you add me

Credit to Shadow♠ for the Ghost Type Club button
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Poison Type Club button

Dang! That's gunna make getting 5 IVs on an Eevee pretty tricky. I have a female Eevee, but they never seem to hatch.
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseonaplate View Post
    One question, how should I breed for a 6IV ditto? Do I need two parents with at least 3 maxed IVs? and what should I make them hold? Thanks
    You don't. Ditto's cannot be bred.
    3DS FC - 1607 2331 1462- Ixeilon. I am an IV breeder. Here is my shop.
    Timezone - GMT+8. Skype- frozendairyfury
    Battle Maison Super Singles- #161 cause I missed Hydro Pump ;_;

Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast