Page 67 of 124 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

oh, so I have to catch one then? looks like I'll be needing many repeat balls

3DS FC: 2637-9606-9857, PM me if you add me

Credit to Shadow♠ for the Ghost Type Club button
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Poison Type Club button

A small tip for iv breeding is not to rely on dittos so much. Get a few 3iv dittos to start off with but then try and breed male pokemon in each egg group with the ivs. It makes it much easier than juggling dittos to get perfect pokemon.

So find a pokemon that's in 2 egg groups like pikachu then breed it with a 3 iv ditto till you have a 3 iv pikachu then switch the ditto to try and get 5 or even 6 maxes on a male pikachu. Then when you need to breed something that's in field/fairy you can just use the male pikachu. So far I have about half of the egg groups with 5/6 max ivs and I just used them to get myself a 5 iv shiny marill

Just thought I'd post this in case someone needs help with getting max ivs on pokemon. Or if you want you can just juggle dittos up to you lol
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

X in game name:Stacey
    OR in game name: Raven
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx7.x6. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post
    A small tip for iv breeding is not to rely on dittos so much. Get a few 3iv dittos to start off with but then try and breed male pokemon in each egg group with the ivs. It makes it much easier than juggling dittos to get perfect pokemon.

So find a pokemon that's in 2 egg groups like pikachu then breed it with a 3 iv ditto till you have a 3 iv pikachu then switch the ditto to try and get 5 or even 6 maxes on a male pikachu. Then when you need to breed something that's in field/fairy you can just use the male pikachu. So far I have about half of the egg groups with 5/6 max ivs and I just used them to get myself a 5 iv shiny marill

Just thought I'd post this in case someone needs help with getting max ivs on pokemon. Or if you want you can just juggle dittos up to you lol
    Thanks for the advice, I am now using my 5IV Gyarados to breed for a 5IV Garchomp.

If I did not see your post, I would have started from scratch breeding Ditto's with Gible's!
    Unfortunately the next one I am planning on breeding is a Metagross and I will have no choice but to breed with Ditto's on that one.....

How can I see that my pokemon has a good IV? (31/x/31/x)? What does 31 mean?
    How do I decide what is a good nature?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleD View Post
    A pokemon can have a max of 31 ivs in each stat to see which stats they have 31 in go to kiloude city pokemon centre and talk to the guy in there he will tell you which stats are 31 if he says hp/attack can't be better that means they are 31.

As for nature it really depends on the pokemon and how you use it. For example a dragonite if you want it to hit harder go for adamant since that's up on attack and down on spec attack if you want it to be faster then go jolly since that's up on speed.

Certain pokemon do certain things better than other so you can look up their stats and decide that way or you can maybe ask on the forum if your really not sure. There are also other sites that are about competitive pokemon and they have sets ups that you can follow.

My shiniesx7.x6. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

31 is the highest IV a pokemon can get in a stat. You can talk with the IV judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center, if he says "Can't be beat" then the stats he list's all have 31 IV's.
    Here's the list of natures http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
    You can see what stat they boost and which stat they lower. There's even some that don't give any boost at all. It comes downs to the Pokemon's stats take Scizor for example it can be a great Physical sweeper so it could have either Adamant(+Atk, -Sp.Atk) or Jolly(+Spd, -Sp.atk). Or a Defensive wall like Ferrothorn which could have Relaxed(+Def, -Spd).
    If you don't want to get to far into the complicated part of competitive play of Natures and EV spread, go for a nature that'll boost the Pokemon's best stat and that'll lower a stat that doesn't effect it at all.
    Last edited by Zyon; 11th November 2013 at 6:11 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Thank you for this. I was thinking of doing the same, but it sounded really complicated until you spelled it out here. I'll be starting my own quest for this tonight, I think.

Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Female Pokemon now pass down egg moves, thus making it possible to give any Pokemon any combination of four different egg moves.

Breed something that has Iron Head with a female Gible that knows Outrage. Or you could just grab one off the GTS, since tons of people post their excess Gible on there.
    Thanks, I did not know that, but most of the time I have been breeding with dittos so I am still catching up with the changes to the breeding mechanics made in 6th gen!

Big question about IV Judge. Do he tell you witch stats is IV 31? Like if you got a highest IV speed and if he said this Pokemon greatest stats is Speed and it's Attack is good and its Sp Def just as good.

So I have 31 in all of the stats???

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    Big question about IV Judge. Do he tell you witch stats is IV 31? Like if you got a highest IV speed and if he said this Pokemon greatest stats is Speed and it's Attack is good and its Sp Def just as good.

So I have 31 in all of the stats???
    If he says that and it's followed by it can't be beat or something along those lines then yes they are all at 31.

If he says that and it's followed by it can't be beat or something along those lines then yes they are all at 31.
    And make so the egg Pokemon have the IVs of the breeding Pokemon. I'll used Destiny Knot and the Power Items?

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    And make so the egg Pokemon have the IVs of the breeding Pokemon. I'll used Destiny Knot and the Power Items?
    The way I breed is give the male the destiny knot since I use males from egg groups to breed. Then I give the female an everstone to pass down nature. I don't think using the destiny knot and a power item together works. So if your breeding for 5/6 maxes get a ditto or pokemon with the maxes needed then the female of the pokemon your breeding for, put them in day care And when you get one with more ivs than what is already in there switch them around until you get the one your after.

A pokemon can have a max of 31 ivs in each stat to see which stats they have 31 in go to kiloude city pokemon centre and talk to the guy in there he will tell you which stats are 31 if he says hp/attack can't be better that means they are 31.

As for nature it really depends on the pokemon and how you use it. For example a dragonite if you want it to hit harder go for adamant since that's up on attack and down on spec attack if you want it to be faster then go jolly since that's up on speed.

Certain pokemon do certain things better than other so you can look up their stats and decide that way or you can maybe ask on the forum if your really not sure. There are also other sites that are about competitive pokemon and they have sets ups that you can follow.
    This is great advice. I now have a set of 4 x 31 IV male Pokemon from each egg group, and it's really quite encouraging to know you can breed something pretty decently from any species in a short amount of time.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    31 is the highest IV a pokemon can get in a stat. You can talk with the IV judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center, if he says "Can't be beat" then the stats he list's all have 31 IV's.
    Here's the list of natures http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
    You can see what stat they boost and which stat they lower. There's even some that don't give any boost at all. It comes downs to the Pokemon's stats take Scizor for example it can be a great Physical sweeper so it could have either Adamant(+Atk, -Sp.Atk) or Jolly(+Spd, -Sp.atk). Or a Defensive wall like Ferrothorn which could have Relaxed(+Def, -Spd).
    If you don't want to get to far into the complicated part of competitive play of Natures and EV spread, go for a nature that'll boost the Pokemon's best stat and that'll lower a stat that doesn't effect it at all.
    The guy says 'got potential'. That doesn't mean it is 31, is it?
    He never says, 'cant be beat' of something like that.. -.-'

Edit: Never mind. He does say 'cant be beat' . Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by NicoleD; 11th November 2013 at 8:27 PM.

This is a bit off topic, and I apologize, but would anyone mind confirming some details of Friend Safari?

1. Two Pokemon, a third if the friend has beat the Elite Four, and Hidden Abilities if that friend is online while you are playing
    2. Each capture has at least two maxed IVs
    3. Shinies have a higher chance of appearing -- any elaboration on why or if this is true?

Thanks!
    3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-3263
    Friend Safari: Fire with Magmar, Pyroar, and Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    This is a bit off topic, and I apologize, but would anyone mind confirming some details of Friend Safari?

1. Two Pokemon, a third if the friend has beat the Elite Four, and Hidden Abilities if that friend is online while you are playing
    3. Shinies have a higher chance of appearing -- any elaboration on why or if this is true?

Thanks!
    I don't know how true that second half of number one is. I've found several HA pokes w/o even being online.

Everything else, as far as I can tell is true.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post

Thanks!
    1. Two Pokemon at first and then a third after the friend has beaten the Elite Four, but Hidden Abilities also require the friend to beat the Elite Four, and then be online at the same time as you at least once. After that one time, they don't need to be online for HA Pokemon to appear.
    2. Correct.
    3. That is uncomfirmed for now.

Pokemon Crossroads Forum

breeding/ training is hard but worth it

Do I really need a perfect Ditto to IV breed? Or are there other ways? And it is it true that if I create a chain of ditto's it's most likely to a perfect ditto shows up?

Do I really need a perfect Ditto to IV breed? Or are there other ways? And it is it true that if I create a chain of ditto's it's most likely to a perfect ditto shows up?
    You don't need a perfect ditto to iv breed I mean they're useful but really hard to find. What I suggest is to try and get a 5/6 iv male pokemon from every egg group to breed with. As for chaining dittos to get a perfect one idk I've never really looked into chaining. If you have a safari with dittos in you can get 2 iv ones easily but you can also get 3+ but they're rarer.

If you're looking for a 5v male to start off I can give you a 5v marill that I have left over from breeding my perfect shiny marill from. Most are only missing spec def or hp so you'd need to use a female with those ivs if you want a perfect one.

Anyway good luck to everyone who's iv breeding and hope my earlier posts have helped some of you

So, if I'm understanding:
    I have currently this (for a charmander):
    Charmeleon xx/xx/xx/31/31/xx Rash – Mischievous – Hidden Ability
    Charmeleon xx/xx/xx/31/xx/31 Bold – Alert to sounds
    Charmeleon xx/xx/31/xx/xx/31 Relaxed – Capabale of taking hits

If I have this combined (breeding with each other) I only have to combine with a HP 31. And then I have the change on a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 charmander?

I'm really interested in your marill, it would help me a lot! What would you want from me? Just PM me! (Maybe I'm not responding today, I will tomorrow!)

So, I caught a shiny phantump earlier...and it has a careful nature with these stats.

Attack: 56
    Defense: 41
    Sp. Atk: 31
    Sp.Def: 50
    Speed: 37

I have a question:

What should I EV train it in? I am guessing Attack, and Sp. Def, but, I am not that good with EV training.

If anyone knows that would be wonderful.

I do hope this is the right forum.
    3DS FC: 0473-8359-5360

FS(Ghost): |Pumpkaboo|

Please do not add me if you have a Fighting,Normal,Poison,Ice or Psychic FS.

-shiny card coming soon-

I have claimed !

Quote Originally Posted by Sydwinx View Post
    So, I caught a shiny phantump earlier...and it has a careful nature with these stats.

Attack: 56
    Defense: 41
    Sp. Atk: 31
    Sp.Def: 50
    Speed: 37

I have a question:

What should I EV train it in? I am guessing Attack, and Sp. Def, but, I am not that good with EV training.

If anyone knows that would be wonderful.

I do hope this is the right forum.
    Careful is the perfect nature for it - congrats!

You should EV train it with 252 HP, 80 Special Defence and 176 Speed, and give it the moves Shadow Claw, Will-O-Wisp, and any combination of Wood Hammer / Horn Leech / Rest (go with Rest if yours has Natural Cure, otherwise pick the two grass moves).

Pokemon Crossroads Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
    Careful is the perfect nature for it - congrats!

You should EV train it with 252 HP, 80 Special Defence and 176 Speed, and give it the moves Shadow Claw, Will-O-Wisp, and any combination of Wood Hammer / Horn Leech / Rest (go with Rest if yours has Natural Cure, otherwise pick the two grass moves).

Oh wow, really? o-o Huh. And mine has Natural cure as well.

And thank you very much. I've been looking forward to EV train it, haha. And I am extra glad to know that mind recieved a good nature.

-shiny card coming soon-

I have claimed !

Oh, and one more thing-

Let's say I begin to EV train a pokemon through Super training, and I decide to reset the stats....It will go back to how it was when I caught it, right? ( and If I never leveled it up, or got that pokemon any experience what-so-ever.)

-shiny card coming soon-

I have claimed !

Page 67 of 124 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast