Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Seriously, super training is the best feature in this whole entire game... I mean wow. Haven't left the first town and my lvl.7 fennekin is fully EVd. Thank you pkmn for making my life so much easier
    BLK2 FC: 2709 9945 0568
    X FC: 1134 6965 6188

I RNG, If you have any requests just PM me. Also, I have many RNGd legends, events, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpendingChaos View Post
    Just finished EV training my Fennekin and unlocked Secret Super Training. What in the world is that?
    Lets you win items.

You can often obtain the evolution stone the corresponds to the evolution method of the Pokemon that's the target in the level (IE, you can get a Dark Stone from the Aegislash one, or a Dawn Stone from the Gallade one).

As I mentioned in my post a few pages back, my 4 HP 252 Att 252 Speed Tyrunt deals 990 damage with a fully charged shot (slow-moving type of shot).

How much damage do the rapid fire and faster moving charge shot deal, if you max out evs?

Charmander all done. He's a beauty.

Check out the Pokémon you caught from the Friend Safari guys. They all have at least 2 perfect IVs. I've checked about 40 of them, it was true for every single one. Stat judge is in the Pokécenter of Kiloude City.

I have yet to experiment with this. Can someone give me a quick run down of how it works/benifits? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Regalia View Post
    I have yet to experiment with this. Can someone give me a quick run down of how it works/benifits? <3
    Basically, you start with your pokémon and a blank punching bag, together with a football (soccer for any americans reading) minigame to earn both EVs and Ev increasing punching bags.

A tutorial will explain the mechanics better than I, but to simplify, you've got to shoot balls (by tapping on the bottom screen) into goals that appear on the top screen. Once you hit a certain score, you win. But you also have to avoid incoming balls from your opponent, as if you get hit, it decreases your score.

Once you've gotten through the brief tutorial (which will give a total of +8 Def EVs), you'll unlock the first stage of football minigames, which each give +4 EVs in the stated stat. These levels have a time limit of 3 minutes, with a medal awarded if you complete it in less then 30 seconds.

Now, I can't remember if you need to get the medal in each, or if you just need to complete them, but once you've done whichever it is, you unlock the second stage, which is much the same, but with a +8 EV and a medal awarded for completing each in less then 1 minute. They also introduce some new mechanics that can make things rather tricky, especially if you're a lefty like myself :P

Finally, either clear or medal each of those levels to unlock stage 3, which award +12 EVs per stat, still on the 3 minute time limit, and still requiring finishing in less then a minute for a medal.

Now, on to the punching bags!

They come in a variety of types:
    <Stat> S, M or L: Gives +1, +4, or +12 EVs of the named stat
    Double-Up: Doubles EV gain from your next football minigame
    Swiftness: Increases speed in the football minigame
    Strength: Increases points earned per goal in the football minigame
    Toughen-up: Decreases points lost per hit in the football minigame
    Ball Boost: Increases accuracy in the football minigame
    Reset: Completely resets all EVs earned
    Sooth: Increases friendship (not sure if it's a + per hit, or if it just takes a whole lot of punches to destroy)

You generally earn the stat increasing bags from the relevant minigame, though you will occasionally get one of the 'boost' style bags instead. You can also gain bags by hitting the default 'blank' bag enough; as far as I've seen this may be the only way to earn the Reset and Sooth bag, but don't quote me on it!

Sorry for the long post; knowing my luck it'll be answered far more succintly by someone else mere seconds after submitting :P

Has anyone found the NPC that judges your pokemon IV's like in the previous generations?

Avaliable @ 3~9 PM GMT-3

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if it has become possible to (in X and Y) see the total amount of EV's your pokemon has in each stat?
    Super training's little radar looks very nice and all, but it's not very specific.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mnozuma View Post
    Has anyone found the NPC that judges your pokemon IV's like in the previous generations?
    Kiloude Pokécenter

Quote Originally Posted by Myaora View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if it has become possible to (in X and Y) see the total amount of EV's your pokemon has in each stat?
    Super training's little radar looks very nice and all, but it's not very specific.

Thanks in advance
    It is impossible to see the numeric values.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Managed to fully ev 3 pokemon.

Its a great feature, once you know the attack patterns of the balloons its really easy.
    The purple aura they give off indicates when your targeted.

I'm about to do the 3rd gym, but is there a shop that sells Carbos etc? It would decrease the time even further.
    3DS FC: 2638-0577-9486

Can someone Explain why we msut have perfect Ivs please?

I want to know since I would like to wifi battle yes?

So guys im getting Y today and im planning on EV training my team. But i need help knowing the EV spread im going to use.

Chesnaught: I was thinking 252 AtK/ 252 Def and 4 HP
    Charizard: Definitely 252 SpA/ 252 Spe and 4 AtK
    Sylveon: From what ive seen this guy should be 252 SpA/ 252 SpD and 4 HP right?
    Aegislash:252 AtK/ 252 Def and 4 HP???

Ok now im not sure about these 2
    Aurorus
    Dragalge

If any of you guys have these pokemon or now what they specialize in please tell me what you think i should train them on .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleV2 View Post
    Can someone Explain why we msut have perfect Ivs please?

I want to know since I would like to wifi battle yes?
    Really, you do not need 30-31 in every stat, except possibly speed. A pokemon who has all Ivs max or near max might be able to barely survive a hit they might not have with a lower HP/def/sp.def IV or they might be able to defeat a pokemon who might have survived with a couple of hp left as another example. Overall though, the only stat that is really important to have at least near max is Speed and that is because even a single point more than the opponent can allow you to go first no matter what.

My team is all being ev trained and consist of a Wartortle named Blue with HP and Def evs maxed out and a farfetche'd (the one you got in the in-game trade) with max speed and atk investment. One good thing about in-game trades is that the IV's and nature are usually set in-stone and are usually not bad, so you never have to worry about getting really bad ivs. Oddly the farfetch' d has Max Speed and def IV's. Planning to get rid of it for an aerodactyl from the fossil though Super Training makes it so much easier to Ev-train at the beginning.

If you do only level 3 training, it takes about 21-22 times to max a stat out, this can be decreased even further by using the stat-boosting medicine like carbos or HP up and also using the punching bags. if you only do level 2 training it takes about 31-33 times to max a stat.
    Last edited by Bluemage21; 13th October 2013 at 3:38 PM.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Do pokemon still get EVs for battling other pokemon?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Do pokemon still get EVs for battling other pokemon?
    yeah, also the exp share gives all your pokemon the evs from the defeated pokemon as well
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

Does it? Dang. I don't want my party to get the random EVs. I thought yet just gained the XP.

You're 100% on that?

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Does it? Dang. I don't want my party to get the random EVs. I thought yet just gained the XP.

You're 100% on that?
    As far as i can tell yeah, it looks like it on the Super training screen

Ok, So are IVs like pre destined stats for certain stats such as atk or spd? So a pokemon's IV potential will always be like Spd or attack as an example? While EVs can be whatever you train them for?

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    Ok, So are IVs like pre destined stats for certain stats such as atk or spd? So a pokemon's IV potential will always be like Spd or attack as an example? While EVs can be whatever you train them for?
    sort of, Ivs can be anything from 0-31 and are randomly generated when you fight/capture/gifted the pokemon and cannot be changed nor are they affected by what pokemon it is. They are essentially genes and at level 100 they add 1 point for every iv in the corresponding stat. For example, lets say i have a pokemon who has 100 atk at level 100 with an atk iv of 0 and 252 atk evs, if it had a IV of 31 instead it would have 131 atk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    sort of, Ivs can be anything from 0-31 and are randomly generated when you fight/capture/gifted the pokemon and cannot be changed nor are they affected by what pokemon it is. They are essentially genes and at level 100 they add 1 point for every iv in the corresponding stat. For example, lets say i have a pokemon who has 100 atk at level 100 with an atk iv of 0 and 252 atk evs, if it had a IV of 31 instead it would have 131 atk.
    So instead of pre destined it's just random? How do ppl breed them perfect then? I'm confused.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS SO COMPLICATED!!!
    Last edited by Xostro; 13th October 2013 at 5:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    So instead of pre destined it's just random? How do ppl breed them perfect then? I'm confused.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS SO COMPLICATED!!!
    They Breed several boxes full of them and hope to lucky enough to have one with good set of IVs. It can take days to even weeks to get a pokemon with really good IVs that also has the nature and ability you want.

Does anyone have any shooting tips for the yellow footballs? I'm doing fine with the regular balls and blue balls, but I always end up spending 2 minutes doing SpAtk training when using yellow balls. I know I'm supposed to hold down the shoot "button" to get a charged shot, but the constant shooting balls always hit the target first.

Press L when shooting. Faster shot.

Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast