Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3058

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

  1. #1751
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Gyarados has 383 attack with 252 EVs 350 hp with 76 EVs 243 speed with 182 EV's. Swapping around the EVs would mean 376 hp and 217 speed.
    Probably shouldn't swap then. Dang that's a lot of hp.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  2. #1752
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Probably shouldn't swap then. Dang that's a lot of hp.
    Yeah it is a bulky pokemon but with a 4 times weakness to electricity, needs to be able to outspeed timid Jolteon at least for 1 turn, after a ddance to then mega evolve and unleash the beast!
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  3. #1753
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Yeah it is a bulky pokemon but with a 4 times weakness to electricity, needs to be able to outspeed timid Jolteon at least for 1 turn, after a ddance to then mega evolve and unleash the beast!
    Then speed him up, my friend.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  4. #1754
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Hey guys~

    I'm new to IVs and a guide I read told me to get 2 dittos with 3 maxed IVs, opposites of each other. I'd then have to breed my desired pokémon with ditto 1 until I get one with the IVs of ditto 1, then breed that one with Ditto 2 until all IV's pass. Did I get it right or am I far far away?
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

        Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

  5. #1755
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    Hey guys~

    I'm new to IVs and a guide I read told me to get 2 dittos with 3 maxed IVs, opposites of each other. I'd then have to breed my desired pokémon with ditto 1 until I get one with the IVs of ditto 1, then breed that one with Ditto 2 until all IV's pass. Did I get it right or am I far far away?
    Well having 2 Dittos as such is great, but really having a 5 or 6 IV male is better. Building a male using destiny knots and the power items to force down the stats even if the male is wrong in nature and ability it doesn't matter as you can breed a female with the nature and ability you want to breed with the perfect male. Also the male can be used to breed with other pokemon of its egg group so is probably better. I find it only takes me about 3 generations of females to get a perfect egg pokemon.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  6. #1756
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Well having 2 Dittos as such is great, but really having a 5 or 6 IV male is better. Building a male using destiny knots and the power items to force down the stats even if the male is wrong in nature and ability it doesn't matter as you can breed a female with the nature and ability you want to breed with the perfect male. Also the male can be used to breed with other pokemon of its egg group so is probably better. I find it only takes me about 3 generations of females to get a perfect egg pokemon.
    Well, I could use the two dittos to make a 5 or 6 IV male? Not all the pokémon I want are available in FS (for easy high IV access) so the dittos could help with that?
    Or if you know of a guide that helped you get good I'd love to know about it.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

        Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

  7. #1757
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    Well, I could use the two dittos to make a 5 or 6 IV male? Not all the pokémon I want are available in FS (for easy high IV access) so the dittos could help with that?
    Or if you know of a guide that helped you get good I'd love to know about it.
    Yeah use the dittos to make the 5 IV/ 6 IV male. You should check out the trade forum to find the pokemon you want, that aren't in friend safari, always try and get a female. I find it helps and is more useful for breeding. I don't know any guides but the best way you learn is by doing, and with breeding there is a lot of luck that goes into it, so a guide can only take you so far! TBH this thread can help you with any issue that you might come up with.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  8. #1758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Yeah use the dittos to make the 5 IV/ 6 IV male. You should check out the trade forum to find the pokemon you want, that aren't in friend safari, always try and get a female. I find it helps and is more useful for breeding. I don't know any guides but the best way you learn is by doing, and with breeding there is a lot of luck that goes into it, so a guide can only take you so far! TBH this thread can help you with any issue that you might come up with.
    Trading usually means giving something of equal value, which I don't have right now. So I'll try and get these dittos first.
    I'll probably be back soon. XD
    Thanks for the help~
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

        Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

  9. #1759
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire!
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    Trading usually means giving something of equal value, which I don't have right now. So I'll try and get these dittos first.
    I'll probably be back soon. XD
    Thanks for the help~
    You sound like a person who watches Full Metal Alchemist! ha ha, well I do have some pokemon which I classify as runts if you want? I have a male Klefki with IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31, it has sassy nature which I didn't want so therefore a runt! but it should help you start off, and you can use it to breed with other mineral pokemon!
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

    Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

  10. #1760
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Can someone explain to me why my EV training not working? I have Gothita at level 1 with power lens equiped to maximize special attack. So, I come across scatterbugs and the EV gain would be in defense. If you check what stat would increase after battling scatterbug, it would be defense as serebii shows. It's as if I am not equiping the power lens. Playing Y.
    Anyone with Ninetales, Flechinder, Pikachu , Vullaby safari please add me. Got poison safari
    0404 5653 8383

  11. #1761
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    and can someone explains how to get more than 4 ev points in each battle in a desired stat? Can you get 12 points each battle? Still havent ran across pokerus
    Anyone with Ninetales, Flechinder, Pikachu , Vullaby safari please add me. Got poison safari
    0404 5653 8383

  12. #1762
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sup3rskrull View Post
    Can someone explain to me why my EV training not working? I have Gothita at level 1 with power lens equiped to maximize special attack. So, I come across scatterbugs and the EV gain would be in defense. If you check what stat would increase after battling scatterbug, it would be defense as serebii shows. It's as if I am not equiping the power lens. Playing Y.
    power lens ups sp.atk not defense. youre basically gaining 4 spatk EVs on top of the 1 def EV. try super training. I gain 12 Evs for each session and you get bags that boost EVs after each completion. or you can use the proper power item and battle hordes. pkrs helps a lot too, it doubles the amount of EVs gained. Power item= 4 EVs + 1 EV from battled pkmn + poke virus (pkrs) doubles total EVs which would come out to 10 EVs gained.
    Last edited by Umbreon2112; 13th November 2013 at 8:09 PM.

  13. #1763
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    all numbers supposed to go toward special attack since I have the power lens equipped. I don't know why they go toward defense or partially. Even if some of the numbers are going toward defense, it shouldn't happen
    Anyone with Ninetales, Flechinder, Pikachu , Vullaby safari please add me. Got poison safari
    0404 5653 8383

  14. #1764
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sup3rskrull View Post
    all numbers supposed to go toward special attack since I have the power lens equipped. I don't know why they go toward defense or partially. Even if some of the numbers are going toward defense, it shouldn't happen
    youre battling scatterbug... that gives off a defense EV not a spatk EV. power lens adds 4 spatk EVs to whatever you gain in battle. if you battle a scatterbug youll be gaining 1 def EV from scatterbug and 4 spatck EVs from power lens. you need to get a reset bag from the super training and re-do your EVs.
    Last edited by Umbreon2112; 13th November 2013 at 8:21 PM.

  15. #1765
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sup3rskrull View Post
    and can someone explains how to get more than 4 ev points in each battle in a desired stat? Can you get 12 points each battle? Still havent ran across pokerus
    Try super training-sometimes you can get 12.

    Also, don't count on pokerus-its extremely rare.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  16. #1766
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitAngel View Post
    Evolution is the biggest boost in stats you will see, far more than IVs or EVs, Aromatisse has 121 statpoints extra base over Spritzee; now if you evolve your Spritzee and it still has better stats, then one of two things happened - either you are not correct about your Perfect IVs on your Spritzee, or it is an issue of EV Training. Nature would also play a role of course.
    That was so obvious hahaha thanks for the help man!
    Just another question: I have another 5 IV's Spritzee. Do you think I should train the new one or just evolve the old one? If I evolve it, will the stats grow?
    Thanks again for the help
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2s94n78.jpg[/IMG]

  17. #1767
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Just to be sure, when EV training through hordes the EVs for a stat cap at 252 like when Super Training, right?

  18. #1768
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Just to be sure, when EV training through hordes the EVs for a stat cap at 252 like when Super Training, right?
    I believe no matter how you do it, it caps at 252.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  19. #1769
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I believe no matter how you do it, it caps at 252.
    Ok good, thanks. I don't want to accidentally put 255 EVs into a stat!

  20. #1770
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Ok good, thanks. I don't want to accidentally put 255 EVs into a stat!
    No problem. What're you raising?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  21. #1771
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pokémon Daycare
    Posts
    5,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blummers View Post
    I gotta admit, IV Breeding is something I've never done before. I've always really dug Pokemon, but digging into the meta game has always seemed so foreign and too daunting to me. I broke through with some EV training last year, but X & Y's breeding changes has made IV's not only easier, but simpler for me to understand.

    I've bred a Docile Speed Boost Venipede with 31/31/31/X/X/31 in only about an hour! I know the Docile nature isn't great, but I'm yet to have anything with an adamant/jolly nature. Still hopeful. I've hit a bump, trying to breed it with a Careful Whirlipede with 31/X/31/X/31/X to try and get the last EV in Sp. Def. They just won't pop out eggs, with the attendant saying "They don't seem to like each other much". Is there any way to increase the likelihood of getting eggs from them, or do I need to start playing "Careless Whispers"on a Sax to set the mood for them first? Would evolving the Venipede help?
    When hatching eggs:

    Same species & different OTs = High Chance of producing an egg.
    Same species & same OTs or Different Species & different OTs = Medium chance of producing an egg.
    Different species & same OTs = Low chance of producing an egg.

    All you can hope for is that you hatch a good Careful Venipede to become a new parent, then you'll have the same species with the same OT.

    tl;dr - evolve the Venipede
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

  22. #1772
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    No problem. What're you raising?
    Protean Greninja, Modest, just standard EVs: 252 Sp Att/252 Spd/4 HP. It's moves are going to be Ice Beam, Surf, Extrasensory, and Dark Pulse.

  23. #1773
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Can I get any insight on what Nature and EVs I should get on my Delphox? I have it with Modest Nature, maxed Sp. Att., and maxed Speed. I am aware its movepool isn't that great but from my experience with it in battle it seems to have better than average speed.

  24. #1774
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pokémon Daycare
    Posts
    5,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soramex View Post
    Can I get any insight on what Nature and EVs I should get on my Delphox? I have it with Modest Nature, maxed Sp. Att., and maxed Speed. I am aware its movepool isn't that great but from my experience with it in battle it seems to have better than average speed.
    I would probably recommend this;

    Delphox @ Modest / Timid
    ~ Blaze
    6 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    - Flamethrower
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball / Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball / Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp

    Flamethrower and Psychic for STAB, Shadow Ball is its only other good Special move, Calm Mind for boosting could be combined with Will-O-Wisp to get some more bulk.

    Just EV trained a Rotom with 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 in 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def in about 10 minutes thanks to Hordes, Pokerus, and Power items.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

  25. #1775
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Hey guys!

    Last night I caught a Lv. 30 shiny female Kirlia (and no, I'm not trading it ). It has a Naive nature with a Somewhat Vain charcteristic. I'm new to EV/IV, so I'm wondering what would be the stats I should work on the most for her to make a fairly decent Gardevoir. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated!

    -EQ
    Last edited by EQWashu; 14th November 2013 at 5:27 AM.
    X FC: 3823-9029-3721 (IGN: Washu)


    Dream World Female, HG/SS Ball Breeder! Over 200 Dream Ball Females!
    *List of tradable pokemon & want list here*
    (updating often, check tabs at the bottom of page for more pokemon)


    Ask about my legit female Johto Starters in special balls from Pokemon Colosseum!


    Note: I usually do free trades, but I'm not in the best of health, so please bear with me.


    MM Shines:
    Furfrou (3/25/14), Duskull (1/31/14), and 2 Ponytas (7/15/14, 7/16/14)

    Apparently, I'm really good at Masuda Method breeding so long as I'm not trying to breed anything in particular; only took 8 years to figure that out.

Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •