Page 72 of 124 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3077

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

I freakin hate the Dragalge balloon challenge in Super training!!! Every time I try to hit that thing, it always misses & I can never get it to aim it right!!!!!

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

IV breeding genderless Pokemon can be pretty annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    IV breeding genderless Pokemon can be pretty annoying..
    You can say that again, it took me three days to hatch a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Rotom from a Ditto with x/x/31/31/x/31 and a Rotom with 31/x/31/x/31/31
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Just a quick question. Once I max my evs in super training, does it matter what Pokemon I defeat to level it up? For example, I max my Breloom in attack and speed as well as a bit if defense. Once I can't use punching bags anymore do I still need to defeat Heracross to level it up to 100 or can I just battle my rival and other trainers who don't use pokemon that give attack evs. I don't want to give it evs it won't use but I also don't want to spend hours leveling up to 100 on level 30 pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Just a quick question. Once I max my evs in super training, does it matter what Pokemon I defeat to level it up? For example, I max my Breloom in attack and speed as well as a bit if defense. Once I can't use punching bags anymore do I still need to defeat Heracross to level it up to 100 or can I just battle my rival and other trainers who don't use pokemon that give attack evs. I don't want to give it evs it won't use but I also don't want to spend hours leveling up to 100 on level 30 pokemon.
    No, after you've gotten all of the EVs it doesn't matter what Pokemon you battle since your Pokemon can no longer gain EVs.

Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to fully EV train a Pokemon using all 508 EVs? For someone who just started Super Training and is on the basic ones
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kreayshawn View Post
    Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to fully EV train a Pokemon using all 508 EVs? For someone who just started Super Training and is on the basic ones
    From start to finish it would take 30-40 minutes I'd say.

Horde training is much quicker though.

It really depends.

If you have access to Power Items and PKRS, then yes, Horde battling will be much faster.

If you don't, then you better start learning the ins and outs of Super Training.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

do power items add +4 to super training totals??

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    do power items add +4 to super training totals??
    No, Power Items and Pokerus have no effect on Super Training.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    No, after you've gotten all of the EVs it doesn't matter what Pokemon you battle since your Pokemon can no longer gain EVs.
    Okay, thank you so much. I guess that means I will be leveling my Breloom much faster than I expected xD

I can't really answer how long it takes because my attention span is not that awesome, so I end up switching between Super Training and something else frequently.

However, once you have a Pokemon with maxed EVs, use it to complete all the Super Training regimens (at least the ones that haven't been cleared already) to unlock the higher level regimens. You won't mess up the EVs you've put on it, the game will just tell you that it couldn't earn any more EVs.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Today has been a good day for me. I told myself I wanted a Barbaracle on my team so I caught a lot in the Friend Safari and bred them until I got two good Binacle. But in the process of hatching for one good Binacle, I got a Jolly Binacle with 31/31/31/x/31/31 and Tough Claws. Just what I wanted.

So I EV trained it in Attack and Speed since I'm planning on making it a Shell Smash sweeper with Stone Edge and Cross Chop for almost perfect neutral coverage and Razor Shell as another STAB option (can't decide on Life Orb or White Herb). My only worries are bulky Grass types, Scarfed Electric types that are already fast to begin with, and revenge killers.
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

Have you unlocked tier 3 of super training and able to get +12 EV's per balloon? It is much quicker if you unlock them. Also use vitamins to speed it up! . But pokerus horde training is faster!
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    When hatching eggs:

Same species & different OTs = High Chance of producing an egg.
    Same species & same OTs or Different Species & different OTs = Medium chance of producing an egg.
    Different species & same OTs = Low chance of producing an egg.

All you can hope for is that you hatch a good Careful Venipede to become a new parent, then you'll have the same species with the same OT.

tl;dr - evolve the Venipede
    Thanks for that. I ended up finding the breeding percentages on the main site and evolving the Venipede. It gave off a Jolly Speed Boost Venipede, 31/31/31/29/20/31, which was good enough for me for now. Happy to max out 4 stats while I learn how to do it. Is there any trick to getting the 5th Stat, or is it just a case of destiny knotting, with the power item on the other and hoping for the best? For the record, trying to max out the Special Defence. I don't particularly care about the Special Attack.

One of the other Venipede's I bred also turned out with 4Vs, and traded it off, and scored a 4V Protean male Froakie in return, which I thought was really cool, so I'm going to try it again with him. I'm loving that the hidden ability can be passed down from a male through a Ditto. The change in breeding for this generation has been amazing!
    3DS Friend Code: 5456-0766-9485
    Friend Safari: Fighting
    Pokemon: Throh, Meditite and Breloom

If you need one/more of these in your Friend Safari, add me. Will happily take anything!

Hi all,

I want to start IV breeding, but it owuld really help if someone that has Ditto Friend Safari would add me
    PM with your friend code if you feel like helping me out! My FC: 0476-8568-6534
    (Not sure what my friend safari is tough :/)

How much do IV's make a difference in stats? I just hatched a Nieve Riolu with 27/31/31/31/31/31 which will be a mixed attacker. Was wondering if the 4 less HP IV's will make a large difference or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jegred2 View Post
    How much do IV's make a difference in stats? I just hatched a Nieve Riolu with 27/31/31/31/31/31 which will be a mixed attacker. Was wondering if the 4 less HP IV's will make a large difference or not.
    IVs don't have a huge impact of the final stat; they can only add up to 31 more points to a stat (1 IV = one point). Since you're four points shy of 31 IVs in HP, your Riolu will only have four less Hit Points than if it did have 31 IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    IVs don't have a huge impact of the final stat; they can only add up to 31 more points to a stat (1 IV = one point). Since you're four points shy of 31 IVs in HP, your Riolu will only have four less Hit Points than if it did have 31 IVs.
    Thank you, looks like I'll train up this riolu then. Took me forever to get all of the different ones I've wanted.

So I just got a really good Aegislash and I don't want to mess up it's super training. Stance Change is kinda confusing me though so I don't know what to max out, ATK & SP ATK or DEF & SP DEF? The plan I have is basic, have it come out as a Shield and do Swords Dance once or twice, switching to Blade form after to attempt a sweep. What's the best spread for that? (Probably gonna pair it with a speed boosting Baton passer if that information would change how I should spread it.)
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    So I just got a really good Aegislash and I don't want to mess up it's super training. Stance Change is kinda confusing me though so I don't know what to max out, ATK & SP ATK or DEF & SP DEF? The plan I have is basic, have it come out as a Shield and do Swords Dance once or twice, switching to Blade form after to attempt a sweep. What's the best spread for that? (Probably gonna pair it with a speed boosting Baton passer if that information would change how I should spread it.)
    You'll want to maximize his Attack and HP, so that he'll do the most damage when in Sword Forme, but still have some bulk in Shield Forme. Here is the set I used in the Battle Maison, with Rotom-H and (Mega) Gyarados;

Aegislash @ Brave
    Leftovers @ Shield Change
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword
    - King's Shield
    - Swords Dance

Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword get flawless coverage together, hitting every single Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and now that Steel was nerfed of its resistance to Dark and Ghost, it makes it all the more simple. King's Shield is great for scouting out moves, and also great catching a pokemon using a physical move to get the Attack drop. Finally, Swords Dance is obvious.

The Brave nature and 0 Speed IV means that Aegislash will in most cases move after the opponent, so it can tank the hit in Shield Forme, and then Stance Change into Sword Forme when it attacks.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

It's really frustrating when you're breeding for IVs and you keep getting Pokemon with 5 maxed IVs, but always in the wrong spots.
    Winds, stay with me!

Have: Several Adamant Larvitar with 5 maxed IVs, any whatever order you would like. Currently out if D-Dance Larvitar, however will breed one for right offer.

Adamant Speed Boost Torchic: 31/31/31/x/31/31

More Torchic and Larvitar than you can count with anywhere from 1-4 maxed IVs, all of the Torchic have Max Attack for sure. Most of both of these have adamant natures.

PM me your offers.

Well we can't have everything easy...otherwise they might as well just make every Pokémon a perfect 6er...

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I freakin hate the Dragalge balloon challenge in Super training!!! Every time I try to hit that thing, it always misses & I can never get it to aim it right!!!!!
    If you get up as high as possible, you only have three places to aim...and they don't move very much from that perspective. But all the center spots are merged into one, and the two side spots aren't -too- hard to hit if you just spam them. Once you get enough hits in you'll get about 10 seconds or so to unleash on the center, which is easy enough from that POV.

Doing it this way makes Dragalge one of the fastest level 3 ST's to complete.
    3DS Friend Code (ENG): 3136-6780-3137 (ImNotThe1% / sarysa) [X] {Charmelion, Fletchinder, Growlithe}
    3DS Friend Code (JPN): 2766-9208-3979 (サリサ / サリサ) [Y] {Machoke, Pancham, Tyrogue}

sarysa's Japanese 4-stat IV breds. Current offerings: SPATK Growlithe, Arena Trap Attack Diglett, Speed Togepi, SPATK Eevee, Timid Eevee, Tank Bulbasaur with Giga Drain, Inner Focus Speed Abra (ready-made 5-stat available for your ready-made 5-stat!)

sarysa the noob's annotated battle videos!

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    You'll want to maximize his Attack and HP, so that he'll do the most damage when in Sword Forme, but still have some bulk in Shield Forme. Here is the set I used in the Battle Maison, with Rotom-H and (Mega) Gyarados;

Aegislash @ Brave
    Leftovers @ Shield Change
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword
    - King's Shield
    - Swords Dance

Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword get flawless coverage together, hitting every single Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and now that Steel was nerfed of its resistance to Dark and Ghost, it makes it all the more simple. King's Shield is great for scouting out moves, and also great catching a pokemon using a physical move to get the Attack drop. Finally, Swords Dance is obvious.

The Brave nature and 0 Speed IV means that Aegislash will in most cases move after the opponent, so it can tank the hit in Shield Forme, and then Stance Change into Sword Forme when it attacks.
    Looking like that META build for Aegislash. Myself I run it a lot more defensively, but tha's because I like it as a wall.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Impish Nature IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
    EV's 252 HP 129 def 129 sp def
    Sacred Sword
    Swords Dance
    King's Shield
    Shadow Sneak

I bulk'd it out to the max because it needs to take a few hits. From what I've seen people use Super effective moves to try and kill Aegislash, thats where weakness policy and swords dance in 1 turn can give you a +4 attack boost. When you change to attack form you have 150 base attack and whilst it may not have any EV's in it when you are at +6 you will do damage!
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Page 72 of 124 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast