Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3081

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    Hey guys~

I'm new to IVs and a guide I read told me to get 2 dittos with 3 maxed IVs, opposites of each other. I'd then have to breed my desired pokémon with ditto 1 until I get one with the IVs of ditto 1, then breed that one with Ditto 2 until all IV's pass. Did I get it right or am I far far away?
    Exactly, but don't forget to use Everstone to pass down its nature

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    You sound like a person who watches Full Metal Alchemist! ha ha, well I do have some pokemon which I classify as runts if you want? I have a male Klefki with IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31, it has sassy nature which I didn't want so therefore a runt! but it should help you start off, and you can use it to breed with other mineral pokemon!
    Sorry I poofed for a bit. I actually never seen that Anime. XD
    I'd love to take your Klefki!

I've managed to get my dittos. One is HP ATT DEF and the second is SATT SDEF SPD. Still looking for more, but they keep on sticking with just 3 IVs. (and they keep on KOing my Aegislash, which is lv 100 and they're just lv 30..)

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Exactly, but don't forget to use Everstone to pass down its nature
    Right now, I'm at the first stage, so I only need the destiny knot I believe?
    Last edited by Artnerd; 15th November 2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post

Right now, I'm at the first stage, so I only need the destiny knot I believe?
    if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred I think lol

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred I think lol
    Yea, I'm currently trying out ditto 1 with HP, ATT and DEF to pass those 3 to the offspring, then breed the offspring with ditto 2, which has SATT SDEF and SPD and hope to get at least a 5IV offspring of that.
    Then, I'd love to get a foreign 5IV father and try and get a perfect shiny.

The idea behind this is mostly cause a 'normal' shiny Dratini/Espurr/Mareep/basic would get slaughtered right away, but if they have perfect IV's they may last a little bit longer.. Sure they'd be epic fully evolved, but I adore their basic forms.. I always hated the fact I needed to evolve my pokemon to make them competative.

(as my siggy shows, I had a shiny Dratini, but all it's IV's added up still didn't make 30)
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Do you have any idea how to reach 252 in Super Training? I've looked at the Meter Bar and it could tell me what number does it saying. But I do know one thing is when I first EV train a pokemon in Super Training, then the first thing I must do is to complete a lv 1 Super Training Mini game on any 4ev first. I certainly wanted to know how to check the EVs as well. I got the Reset Bags just in case that I've messed up. So is it possible that it can't pass 252 anymore in the x and y game upon the Super Training?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos.Fan View Post
    Do you have any idea how to reach 252 in Super Training? I've looked at the Meter Bar and it could tell me what number does it saying. But I do know one thing is when I first EV train a pokemon in Super Training, then the first thing I must do is to complete a lv 1 Super Training Mini game on any 4ev first. I certainly wanted to know how to check the EVs as well. I got the Reset Bags just in case that I've messed up. So is it possible that it can't pass 252 anymore in the x and y game upon the Super Training?
    You could just save, use a reset bag and it will show exactly how many EVs are deleted of each stat.
    And you can get EV removing berries by crossing the basic heal berries, which in turn can be found at that berry booth near Azure bay.
    If you want to unlock higher levels of the super training, just use pokémon you're not training or are already maxed to not get unwanted EVs.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

I am sorry if this has been said before but I have to say it : I am so pleased that they simplified IV Breeding !!! I can make a lot of perfect pokemons without RNG and this is so good. It takes some time if you are unlucky but otherwise it is much much easier than before. Everstone + Destiny Knot for the win. Sorry I really wanted to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    You'll want to maximize his Attack and HP, so that he'll do the most damage when in Sword Forme, but still have some bulk in Shield Forme. Here is the set I used in the Battle Maison, with Rotom-H and (Mega) Gyarados;

Aegislash @ Brave
    Leftovers @ Shield Change
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword
    - King's Shield
    - Swords Dance

Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword get flawless coverage together, hitting every single Pokemon for at least neutral damage, and now that Steel was nerfed of its resistance to Dark and Ghost, it makes it all the more simple. King's Shield is great for scouting out moves, and also great catching a pokemon using a physical move to get the Attack drop. Finally, Swords Dance is obvious.

The Brave nature and 0 Speed IV means that Aegislash will in most cases move after the opponent, so it can tank the hit in Shield Forme, and then Stance Change into Sword Forme when it attacks.
    If I maximise it's ATK, won't that just convert to DEF when it changes to Sword form?
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    If I maximise it's ATK, won't that just convert to DEF when it changes to Sword form?
    Correct.

Attack will convert entirely to Defence in Sword Forme and vice-versa.

In order to actually have Defense in Sword Forme, you'd have to invest in it's Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Correct.

Attack will convert entirely to Defence in Sword Forme and vice-versa.

In order to actually have Defense in Sword Forme, you'd have to invest in it's Attack.
    If you're suggesting that Attack EVs suddenly convert to Defense EVs in Shield Forme, I can tell you that is not true.

If you're suggesting that Attack EVs suddenly convert to Defense EVs in Shield Forme, I can tell you that is not true.
    Imagine how overpowered Aegislash would be if the EV's swapped as well! but foxyman is correct, the EV's wont swap.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Is something wrong with my daycare? I put in a Male 31/31/31/31/31/31 Charmander and a Female 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep and after 20 eggs I got my another 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep. I've been using destiny knot and everstone and I've gotten about a third of my Mareep with only 4 IVs and two with 3 IVs! Shouldn't I only be getting 5 IVs from each breed?
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    Is something wrong with my daycare? I put in a Male 31/31/31/31/31/31 Charmander and a Female 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep and after 20 eggs I got my another 31/x/31/31/31/31 Mareep. I've been using destiny knot and everstone and I've gotten about a third of my Mareep with only 4 IVs and two with 3 IVs! Shouldn't I only be getting 5 IVs from each breed?
    I think the Destiny Knot can overlap choices, there's a possibility that it can pass down the Charmander and Mareeps HP.

hey just a quick question on IV breeding. If i had a ditto with 3 Perfect IV's and a Charmander with 2 different perfect IV's and bread them would that be the fastest way to get one with 5 perfect IV's?
    what would happen if i gave them both destiny knots as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kempy21 View Post
    hey just a quick question on IV breeding. If i had a ditto with 3 Perfect IV's and a Charmander with 2 different perfect IV's and bread them would that be the fastest way to get one with 5 perfect IV's?
    what would happen if i gave them both destiny knots as well?
    If the Ditto and the Charmander have the 5IVs combined that you want, give one the Destiny Knot and hope for the best.

As you breed, replace the parents with better IV spreads to make your life easier.

Is there anyway you can check the exact iv spreads of your pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by iTarTar View Post
    Because your Mareep has XX in attack, don't forget that Destiny Knot picks "5" IVs and one "randomly generated" iv.

There is a chance your offspring will have mareeps att and "xx" on a random. Hence why you can get 4 iv mareeps.

You are only guaranteed 5ivs when BOTH parents have 6IVs.
    Last edited by DarkKami; 15th November 2013 at 5:59 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: Kami 1349-5696-3132

Playing Pokemon X:
    Name: Kami

Proud Owner of:
    Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Timid Ghastly with 31/14/31/31/31/31 and 6IV's
    Shiny Brave Honedge with 31/31/31/24/31/00
    Shiny Impish Furfrou with 31/31/31/X/31/31 (M) and 6IV's (F)
    Shiny Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon with 31/X/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
    Shiny Bold Cute Charm Sylveon with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Jolly Tyrunt with 31/31/31/31/23/31
    Shiny Timid Infiltrator Noibat with 31/14/23/31/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by Klaymen View Post
    There is a Psychic in Kiloude City that can tell you the highest IVs your Pokémon has, and will tell you multiple if they have more than 1 stat that's the same number.

After that, you can use an IV calculator to find the exact ones, but at lower levels you're not going to get the exact numbers.

So only the base stat swaps after King's Shield and EVs are ignoredin swapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaymen View Post
    To add to what foxyman1167 said, stock up on Rare Candies (higher level = more accurate results when checking IVs). If you save before feeding the Pokemon the rare candies, you can soft reset after you've checked the IVs. That way, you can use them over and over.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    So only the base stat swaps after King's Shield and EVs are ignoredin swapping?
    Ev's are constant, the base stat is what changes. As such with 252 attack EVs and 0 defense ev's in shield form you will still have 252 attack and 0 defense, it doesnt change.

Do the EVs you get from battles show up in Super Trainong? Like the bar fills upz
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Willy)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

I was lucky and the mareep from 'stage 1' was modest, so I gave it an everstone. Now breeding it with the stage 2 ditto.
    First 5 eggs and I already got a 4IV modest Mareep. Att, Satt, Sdef and Speed. Gonna continue until I get the all but Att. Crossing my toes it won't take too long.

-edit- Ran into a 'meme' on how to make a 6IV easily;
    http://cheezburger.com/7892947968
    is this actually true?
    Last edited by Artnerd; 15th November 2013 at 7:26 PM.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Even when one parent holds a Destiny Knot and the other holds a Power item, only 5 IVs are passed down, not 6. The difference is that 1 of them is pre-determined (by the Power item) and the other 4 are chosen from the parents at random.

It's beneficial to use a Power item to guarantee a perfect IV that one parent has but the other parent doesn't. The only draw back is that without an Everstone, the Nature will be random.
    Last edited by Crazy Penguin; 15th November 2013 at 7:56 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3711-8066-6807
    Trainer Name: Tillis
    Game: Pokémon X

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Penguin View Post
    Even when one parent holds a Destiny Knot and the other holds a Power item, only 5 IVs are passed down, not 6. The difference is that 1 of them is pre-determined (by the Power item) and the other 4 are chosen from the parents at random.

It's beneficial to use a Power item to guarantee a perfect IV that one parent has but the other parent doesn't. The only draw back is that without an Everstone, the Nature will be random.
    Yeah but you can use this to try and get a perfect male to breed, so its not too bad.

Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast