Page 79 of 123 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3069

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post
    Think my next breeding project will be a lucario with crunch and maybe blaze kick them problem is trying to find a female then I have to breed crunch onto it > get a female with crunch > breed it with a blaziken to get both that's if I go for both but ill probably be breeding it with the blaziken anyway since he has the ivs and is in the same egg group.

Also gonna be getting a 5iv volcarona. I have a shiny volcarona at level 100 ev trained and everything but he has swarm and hp and def ivs so I'd like a better one.
    Out of curiosity, what do you need crunch for on lucario?
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

So I recently got into Super Training just so I could get more evolution stones. I do play a little competitive, but I have not yet started building a competitive team, as I want to finish the Pokedex first. My question to the forum is does anyone else Super Train just for the stones?

While I'm here, I might as well ask, what are the pros and cons to super training over traditional EV training? I'm sure this has been discussed plenty on this thread already, but it does hurt to discuss it again? (If it does, that's fine, this question is optional.) I'm not extremely experienced in EV training, as I just into competitive battling at the end of Generation 5.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you need crunch for on lucario?
    A lot of people recommend crunch on lucarios for coverage. My lucario back on black 2 has this set
    Sword dance
    Close combat
    Extreme speed
    Crunch
    Without crunch I can't hit ghosts so kinda need it there

As for blaze kick I'd just like it there incase I want to run a set without sword dance or I might go with bullet punch for fairies idk yet.

Just got 3 female riolus one with each ability so I can chose which one i want
    Last edited by dark1raven3; 18th November 2013 at 11:56 PM.
    National dex complete - shiny charm obtained

Name:Stacey
    My 3ds friend code. 2981-5742-9029

My shiniesx4.x5. x4. -braixen- x2. x3. -trevenant-x2. x2.-honedge- froakie -x2.x2.
    http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Dar...?sort=3&page=1

IV breeder - have many iv bred pokemon and can breed many if you want a list of what I can breed pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by dark1raven3 View Post
    A lot of people recommend crunch on lucarios for coverage. My lucario back on black 2 has this set
    Sword dance
    Close combat
    Extreme speed
    Crunch
    Without crunch I can't hit ghosts so kinda need it there

As for blaze kick I'd just like it there incase I want to run a set without sword dance or I might go with bullet punch for fairies idk yet.

Just got 3 female riolus one with each ability so I can chose which one i want

Ah i see, mine runs mega now with
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Close Combat
    Earthquake

EQ is mostly for aegislash so i can spam it without worrying about King's shield attack drop. And thanks to Adaptability, Bullet Punch hits with the same power as Extremespeed

Can someone confirm that for me? I read somewhere that if you ev train your pokemon and complete the evs (wich can be done in 10 mins or less wwith pokerus + hordes + power item) you can just give rare candies till it reaches lv 100, because the stats wont get any more higher, even if you train level by level
    Is that true?
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2s94n78.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ricz View Post
    Can someone confirm that for me? I read somewhere that if you ev train your pokemon and complete the evs (wich can be done in 10 mins or less wwith pokerus + hordes + power item) you can just give rare candies till it reaches lv 100, because the stats wont get any more higher, even if you train level by level
    Is that true?
    True. I finished EV training my Pokes in less than 10 minutes like that only got to level 14 since I trained it in the Day Care to get it started. If I trained it now it wouldn't gain anymore EVs so I can train it on any thing/rare candy it. The base stats are already raised so it won't make any difference.

I wouldn't do that though since its a waste of rare candies.
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    Ah i see, mine runs mega now with
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Close Combat
    Earthquake

EQ is mostly for aegislash so i can spam it without worrying about King's shield attack drop. And thanks to Adaptability, Bullet Punch hits with the same power as Extremespeed
    I'm going to pack Bullet Punch on mine. Many ghosts aren't tough anyway (barring the odd Dusclops), and Adaptability Bullet Punch will probably be enough for an OHKO for most aside Chandelure.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

So, this reset bag that erases all previous EVs gained by the pokemon, is thee any limit to how much you can get, and where do you get it?
    Pokemon Y FC: 1891-1279-2893

My safari: boldore, pupitar, barbaracle

Pokemon I have in the safari:
    gloom, venomoth, toxicroak
    panpour, wartortle, frogadier
    munna, espurr, gothorita
    seviper, ariados, whirlipede
    pachrisu, helioptile, manectric
    togepi, slurpuff, floette
    pansear, larvesta, fletchinder
    pachirisu, electrabuzz, galvantula
    lillipup, minccino, ditto
    octillery, quagsire
    magmar, pyroar
    pansage, sawsbuck
    tangela, swadloon

It's given out randomly if you tap the ordinary punching bag that's present while no special bags are in use.

It's so rare, that I wouldn't even bother with it, personally. Just get a Kee and Maranga Berry and mix them at the juice shop if you want to reset EVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's given out randomly if you tap the ordinary punching bag that's present while no special bags are in use.

It's so rare, that I wouldn't even bother with it, personally. Just get a Kee and Maranga Berry and mix them at the juice shop if you want to reset EVs.
    I had no idea about that! ha ha! Im trying to get another 6 IV male Gastly! Its being a pain in the arse, and I will have to have a separate IV box just for Gastlys!
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

I decided to check the IVs of the rest of the Mareep that were born from the two 5IV I used to get my shiny. Turns out I was -beep-ing lucky with the IV spread of the shiny, most had no speed at all. I got 4 or so more 5IV, 1 being the perfect distribution and 2 6IV males!

Got a perfect 5IV JPN Gastly, lend it out to a friend who was trying for a shiny Gastly. She did get one but it's IVs were too horrible for competitive use.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

Quote Originally Posted by Artnerd View Post
    I decided to check the IVs of the rest of the Mareep that were born from the two 5IV I used to get my shiny. Turns out I was -beep-ing lucky with the IV spread of the shiny, most had no speed at all. I got 4 or so more 5IV, 1 being the perfect distribution and 2 6IV males!

Got a perfect 5IV JPN Gastly, lend it out to a friend who was trying for a shiny Gastly. She did get one but it's IVs were too horrible for competitive use.
    What gender was the 5 IV Gastly? i have both 6 IV male and female gastly but not a japanese one.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    What gender was the 5 IV Gastly? i have both 6 IV male and female gastly but not a japanese one.
    Male. I actually have another one with 5IVs, though not the perfect distribution or nature I believe; Male, Timid, Levitate and only HP not maxed.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

Is this the best place to be asking this, I'm really not sure, but it's to do with IVs anyway. I'm just simply wanting to know how exactly you know if it's got 'perfect' IVs? When I've been looking I'm just getting confused over what means what, even on the main site I don't fully understand.

To make sure is also still on topic just in case another Super Training question; Why is the Aerodactyl Balloon so annoying *twitchtwitch* It's the only one I've ever struggled with on my Y (the one I've completed) and I've been trying to EV train guys on my nuzlocke-X but I can't ever proceed past the Aerodactyl. I know it gets easier with higher stats anyway (only just before 2nd at the moment in the game) but it's just kinda infuriating to be stuck on a 2nd stage. So does anyone have any tips for hitting those fast moving targets beyond just 'level until the stats are better'?
    Through the Generations
    my multiple pairings Shipping-fic.
    Currently On Hiatus and will be coming back to at some point: Gen 1, Chapter 5

Quote Originally Posted by alteredegoX View Post
    Is this the best place to be asking this, I'm really not sure, but it's to do with IVs anyway. I'm just simply wanting to know how exactly you know if it's got 'perfect' IVs? When I've been looking I'm just getting confused over what means what, even on the main site I don't fully understand.

To make sure is also still on topic just in case another Super Training question; Why is the Aerodactyl Balloon so annoying *twitchtwitch* It's the only one I've ever struggled with on my Y (the one I've completed) and I've been trying to EV train guys on my nuzlocke-X but I can't ever proceed past the Aerodactyl. I know it gets easier with higher stats anyway (only just before 2nd at the moment in the game) but it's just kinda infuriating to be stuck on a 2nd stage. So does anyone have any tips for hitting those fast moving targets beyond just 'level until the stats are better'?
    You can speak to the Stat Judge in Kiloude City's Pokemon Center after beating the Elite Four. To know if your Pokemon have perfect IVs he'll say this after listing them, "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat!". All those stats have perfect IVs then.
    Here's a link that explains all about the Stat Judge http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._Generation_VI

Well even though having better EVs does make Super Training mini games alot easier, you also have to be good at the game as well. Those fast moving spots are kind of tricky. Just try moving with it and just keep tapping.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Hey guys I have a question... Im relatively new to EV/IV training but Im trying to breed an awesome Pikachu.

Soo I am using this guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/67535721

and i have my dittos.

Ditto 1 - Atk/Def
    Ditto 2 - SpDef/SpAtk
    Ditto 3 - HP/SPD

and my Timid Female Pikachu w/ Lightningrod

Im supposed to breed like this right?

Ditto 1 w/ Power Bracelet + Pikachu w/Everstone = lightningrod Pichu w/ 31 Atk

Ditto 1 w/ Def bracelet thing + newly hatched/ evolved Pichu = Lightningrod Pikachu w/ 31 Atk + 31Def

this gon’ take forever.

and so on and so forth?

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

Successfully bred myself a perfect Gligar and Drilbur today, now hit by the realisation that rather than just randomly selecting and breeding pokemon, I should probably start trying to form a cohesive team.
    (A point hammered home by just how much I struggled to take out a smeargle lead on a wi-fi match yesterday.)

So breeding/ev training is now on the back burner and I'm trawling smogn forums instead looking for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheWaves View Post
    Hey guys I have a question... Im relatively new to EV/IV training but Im trying to breed an awesome Pikachu.

and i have my dittos.

Ditto 1 - Atk/Def
    Ditto 2 - SpDef/SpAtk
    Ditto 3 - HP/SPD

Ditto 1 w/ Def bracelet thing + newly hatched/ evolved Pichu = Lightningrod Pikachu w/ 31 Atk + 31Def

this gon’ take forever.

and so on and so forth?
    First of all, what IV spread are you aiming for? I'd hazard a guess at 31/x/31/31/31/31 seeing as Raichu has no business using physical attacks.

Second, do you have a Destiny Knot?

I suggest starting with the Sp. Attack / Sp. Defense Ditto first, breed using Power Items until you have a parent with x/x/x/31/31/x, then breed that with the HP/Speed Ditto holding a Destiny Knot, and replace the parent if you hatch one with 31/x/x/31/31/31. From there, replace the Ditto with Attack/Defense until you hatch a better parent of the opposite gender that is breeding with Ditto, or an egg with 31/31/31/x/31/31.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Do horde battles prevent you from going over the 252 in one stat limit like Super Training does?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Do horde battles prevent you from going over the 252 in one stat limit like Super Training does?
    Yes. Or you can do 5 with PKRS and a Power Item, then do Super Training to finish it like I do.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Question Breeding Items

Some questions about a IV breeding items.

Q1: Destiny Knot transfers 5 random IVs from the pool of both parents? So any random 5 out of the total possible 12?
    Q2: Power item with Destiny Knot only makes 1 of the 5 IVs to be passed down with certainty? Meaning you can't have Destiny Knot pass 5 and Power Item pass a 6th?
    Q3: Everstone only has to do with nature and not IVs or Hidden Abilities, right?

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by storm 1:08 View Post
    Some questions about a IV breeding items.

Q1: Destiny Knot transfers 5 random IVs from the pool of both parents? So any random 5 out of the total possible 12?
    Q2: Power item with Destiny Knot only makes 1 of the 5 IVs to be passed down with certainty? Meaning you can't have Destiny Knot pass 5 and Power Item pass a 6th?
    Q3: Everstone only has to do with nature and not IVs or Hidden Abilities, right?

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
    1: Yes.
    2: No, those random 5 can be the one you have a power Item on, or, it might not. So, it could pass over the 6th with the correspoding power item.
    3: Only natures.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    1: Yes.
    2: No, those random 5 can be the one you have a power Item on, or, it might not. So, it could pass over the 6th with the correspoding power item.
    3: Only natures.
    Ah, thanks. I was confused on how Destiny Knot and a Power item worked together. Now that breeding seems easier, I might try my hand at getting a perfect IV Ditto and use that for a starting point for breeding others. I luckily found one that already have 4 perfect IVs in the Friend Safari, says the IV checker guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheWaves View Post

and i have my dittos.

Ditto 1 - Atk/Def
    Ditto 2 - SpDef/SpAtk
    Ditto 3 - HP/SPD

this gon’ take forever.

and so on and so forth?

Personally, I skip the power items unless trying to pass down 0 speed. Destiny knot gives a decent chance of getting both IVs, or at least it's never taken that long for me. Then switch dittos and use new pikachu. Repeat until you have male and female with 3 or more (different) perfects. Then just keep replacing pikachu whenever you get a better spread. But yes, that guide will get you there, and you have the right idea. If you have a ditto friend safari, might be worth it to find a 3 perfect IV ditto. Speeds things up.
    Last edited by Kitara; 19th November 2013 at 9:56 PM.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

I told myself I wouldn't IV breed, yet I found myself up late last night, scanning Reddit for Ditto safaris. I feel so disappoint in myself.
    I'm sure stuff is supposed to go here.
    My Safari is ground, consisting of Sandshrew, Camerupt, and the all-might Diggersbytho!! 3DS Friend Code: 4871-4972-6329

Current Shiny Hunt: FROAKIE~1575 hatched, 0 shiny

Page 79 of 123 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast