Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqe View Post
    Yes, I just finished super training EV Braixen and got reset bag which resets all EV.

Really happy about that as she got some random EVs on the way.
    Haven't done super training so are these bags one time use or can you use them as much as you want on any Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT232 View Post
    Haven't done super training so are these bags one time use or can you use them as much as you want on any Pokemon?
    one time use. you then have to get another one
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Too bad the same type bag doesn't stack. 12 spots isn't that much.

I finally found a reset bag also. Will save those for post-game

Got a website that tells you what so and so pokemon needs in stats and nature to be top tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    Got a website that tells you what so and so pokemon needs in stats and nature to be top tier?
    smogon.com is good
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    smogon.com is good
    It also tells you about IVs?

It also tells you about IVs?
    Assume max except when stated.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

So I'm on Smogon and trying to learn how I'm going to EV build my Blastoise. Now when I go to him this is what I get smogon.com/bw/pokemon/blastoise. So is this telling me my EV training should all be in HP and Def and leftovers in SpD? Just want to make sure I understand this basics of this be fore I start EV training my Squirtle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT232 View Post
    So I'm on Smogon and trying to learn how I'm going to EV build my Blastoise. Now when I go to him this is what I get smogon.com/bw/pokemon/blastoise. So is this telling me my EV training should all be in HP and Def and leftovers in SpD? Just want to make sure I understand this basics of this be fore I start EV training my Squirtle.
    correct, most pokemon have a couple of builds you can choose from as well.

I have only just found out that the higher level your Pokemon is the more points you earn for "scoring".

I can clear Super Training Lv.3's within seconds with my Greninja Lv. 47, but I really struggle clearing Super Training Lv.1's with a Pokemon that's Lvl.1

I read somewhere I can get reset punching bags? Perhaps that's what I need to do instead. Level up my Pokemon, use a reset bag, then properly train them?

Quote Originally Posted by RawrDinosaur View Post
    I have only just found out that the higher level your Pokemon is the more points you earn for "scoring".

I can clear Super Training Lv.3's within seconds with my Greninja Lv. 47, but I really struggle clearing Super Training Lv.1's with a Pokemon that's Lvl.1

I read somewhere I can get reset punching bags? Perhaps that's what I need to do instead. Level up my Pokemon, use a reset bag, then properly train them?

My findings so far indicate quite the contrary.
    The only thing that increased the damage of my shots, damage I take and projectile speed of my shots are EVs.
    My lvl 20 Tyrunt with 0 EVs did about 180 damage with level 2 (red) charged shot.
    My lvl 20 Tyrunt with 510 EVs did 990 damage.
    My lvl 30 Tyrunt with 510 EVs still did 990 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    My findings so far indicate quite the contrary.
    The only thing that increased the damage of my shots, damage I take and projectile speed of my shots are EVs.
    My lvl 20 Tyrunt with 0 EVs did about 180 damage with level 2 (red) charged shot.
    My lvl 20 Tyrunt with 510 EVs did 990 damage.
    My lvl 30 Tyrunt with 510 EVs still did 990 damage.
    That's not the contrary, that is the same!

I have a question, is there a way to change the colour of the footballs? Yellow footballs are so annoying, I prefer the standard black so I can charge it up and hit, rather than having balls that give a small amount of damage.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
    That's not the contrary, that is the same!

I have a question, is there a way to change the colour of the footballs? Yellow footballs are so annoying, I prefer the standard black so I can charge it up and hit, rather than having balls that give a small amount of damage.
    no, i think each pokemon has a soccer ball that befits their fighting style

Is the Serebi IV calculator still accurate for X/Y or is it only for B/W?
    3DS Friend Code: 0705-2979-3900

Pokemon X/Y

Quote Originally Posted by AlexScizor View Post
    Is the Serebi IV calculator still accurate for X/Y or is it only for B/W?
    It still works, just will not be able to check the ivs of any 6th gen pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    no, i think each pokemon has a soccer ball that befits their fighting style
    Ah I see, I assume yellow is for Pokemon with good speed?

I am starting to alter my technique for the yellow balls and it is starting to pay off.

Instead of aiming loads of balls at the white targets, I quickly aim at each one till I get the red target back then I spam that with balls

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Just caught Xernaus with an ultra ball. What are you guys gonna do for the legendaries? What stats are you gonna train. Xerneas excels in Spc.Attack and Attach so should those be the main focus or would you rather do something else like fix it's speed which is it's weakest stat.

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Just caught Xernaus with an ultra ball. What are you guys gonna do for the legendaries? What stats are you gonna train. Xerneas excels in Spc.Attack and Attach so should those be the main focus or would you rather do something else like fix it's speed which is it's weakest stat.
    never do both attacking stats, except for special cases. IMO would go for sp. atk and speed or HP.

Thank you.

What would be an example of that case? Charizard and Haxorus?

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Thank you.

What would be an example of that case? Charizard and Haxorus?
    no, some pokemon might like several points in both stats but never 252 in both, some pokemon use hybrid sets though. Some Nidoking/queen builds have 80-100 in a second attacking stat for example. Charizard and Haxorus NEVER use Hybrid sets though. smogon.com has many commonly used set-ups and builds that you can look at for examples.

Do you got to do all these training exercise once before you can train which stat you want?

Do you got to do all these training exercise once before you can train which stat you want?
    I would recommend capturing a random poke and using that to unlock the other 2 ranks.

As you can see, I'm new to the forum, so I hope my posting here is okay. I've read through this thread and have a couple questions. xD
    I haven't gotten the game yet, but I'm looking at forums and stuff to tide myself over until my copy comes. :D I'm also brand new to EV training (but not to Pokemon), because I don't battle competitively (I'm just OCD), so I'm sorry if any of this sounds really stupid.

Do natures or anything else have any influence on Super EV training? Or do natures only play a part in EVs if you train through battling?

I'm starting with Fennekin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to Super EV train for? And nature, if that makes a difference? Though I plan to max its EVs before I start anything.

Also, I know you can't calculate IVs yet, but do they work exactly the same as in past games? Should I be stressing over IVs of my starter if I'm going to EV train it?

Thanks in advance! :D

I despise secret super training. The fact that this s the only way to get items you need earlier on WHEN YOU NEED THEM is rediculous.

I was excited for super training at first because I thought it would be similar to the Pokeathlon, but it's no where near as fun. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandraa View Post
    As you can see, I'm new to the forum, so I hope my posting here is okay. I've read through this thread and have a couple questions. xD
    I haven't gotten the game yet, but I'm looking at forums and stuff to tide myself over until my copy comes. :D I'm also brand new to EV training (but not to Pokemon), because I don't battle competitively (I'm just OCD), so I'm sorry if any of this sounds really stupid.

Do natures or anything else have any influence on Super EV training? Or do natures only play a part in EVs if you train through battling?

I'm starting with Fennekin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to Super EV train for? And nature, if that makes a difference? Though I plan to max its EVs before I start anything.

Also, I know you can't calculate IVs yet, but do they work exactly the same as in past games? Should I be stressing over IVs of my starter if I'm going to EV train it?

Thanks in advance! :D
    Natures do not affect EV's at all, they affect your stat total. I would go Sp. atk and Speed, also try and get a modest or timid nature.

Iv's work exactly like tehy did before, so yeah they are decently important, mostly speed. You can have only decent ivs and do fine, but you will never be as powerful or fast(if only slightly) as Pokemon bred for competitive battling.

Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast