Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3077

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxsbayne View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't IV breed, yet I found myself up late last night, scanning Reddit for Ditto safaris. I feel so disappoint in myself.
    One of us... one of us...
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Haven't done too too much breeding lately; finished Marill, though, and I've started on Adamant HA 31/31/31/x/31/31 Spikes Bunnelbys.

I'm thinking of breeding Roselia or Budew after this. It'll have Leaf Storm/Sleep Powder/Spikes for sure, but what's a better fourth Egg Move for it: Synthesis or Extrasensory?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Haven't done too too much breeding lately; finished Marill, though, and I've started on Adamant HA 31/31/31/x/31/31 Spikes Bunnelbys.

I'm thinking of breeding Roselia or Budew after this. It'll have Leaf Storm/Sleep Powder/Spikes for sure, but what's a better fourth Egg Move for it: Synthesis or Extrasensory?
    Synthesis, always go for recovery

Currently IV breeding Eevees. My current father is a 31/X/31/31/31/31 and current mother is a 31/x/x/31/31/31, both Modest. I'm to the point where the majority of my eggs have 4 or 5 perfect IVs, but I haven't hatched a 5 IV female yet. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any way to improve the odds of hatching a female?

I also just realized that somewhere along the way I lost Anticipation on my female. Does a hidden ability only come from the mother still?

Thanks for any help.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    Personally, I skip the power items unless trying to pass down 0 speed. Destiny knot gives a decent chance of getting both IVs, or at least it's never taken that long for me. Then switch dittos and use new pikachu. Repeat until you have male and female with 3 or more (different) perfects. Then just keep replacing pikachu whenever you get a better spread. But yes, that guide will get you there, and you have the right idea. If you have a ditto friend safari, might be worth it to find a 3 perfect IV ditto. Speeds things up.

so instead of spending all day collecting battle points I could have just used a destiny knot... FML lol
    I have a ditto safari but I cant manage to find one with 3 IV's the guuy in kiloude only tells me about 2

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Currently IV breeding Eevees. My current father is a 31/X/31/31/31/31 and current mother is a 31/x/x/31/31/31, both Modest. I'm to the point where the majority of my eggs have 4 or 5 perfect IVs, but I haven't hatched a 5 IV female yet. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any way to improve the odds of hatching a female?

I also just realized that somewhere along the way I lost Anticipation on my female. Does a hidden ability only come from the mother still?

Thanks for any help.
    No way of improving the odds of hatching a female.

Hidden Abilities can be passed down from the father, but only when the father is bred with a Ditto, and it's a lower chance. So, for the best chance of getting a female with Anticipation and 5IVs, I'd breed another mother.
    Last edited by Shiny Budew; 20th November 2013 at 3:56 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Budew View Post
    No way of improving the odds of hatching a female.

Hidden Abilities can be passed down from the father, but only when the father is bred with a Ditto, and it's a lower chance. So, for the best chance of getting a female with Anticipation and 5IVs, I'd breed another mother.
    Yeah, that's what I decided to do. It's taking a long time though. When I finally do hatch females, they either have the same spread as my current mother (31/x/x/31/x/x) or don't have the HA. You'd think a 31/X/31/31/31/31 father with HA shouldn't have a problem popping out daughters that are better than the mother. I haven't had any problems getting boys with 31/X/31/31/31/31. I thought about going back to the FS to search for a better mother, but that seems like it would just waste more time.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I decided to do. It's taking a long time though. When I finally do hatch females, they either have the same spread as my current mother (31/x/x/31/x/x) or don't have the HA. You'd think a 31/X/31/31/31/31 father with HA shouldn't have a problem popping out daughters that are better than the mother. I haven't had any problems getting boys with 31/X/31/31/31/31. I thought about going back to the FS to search for a better mother, but that seems like it would just waste more time.
    Well, considering that it's a 1/8 chance of getting a female, and I read that the chance of a father passing down an HA is 20% (1/5), then the chances of hatching a female w/ HA is 1/40. And that's not taking into account the IVs you want.

When I said breed another mother, I envisioned going back to the previous generation (so your current mother's parents if they haven't been released) and not breeding one from the current father. My bad, I should have been more specific.

So if that's not possible, then I think going back to FS wouldn't be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Shiny Budew; 20th November 2013 at 4:31 AM.
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Well, considering that it's a 1/8 chance of getting a female, and I read that the chance of a father passing down an HA is 20% (1/5), then the chances of hatching a female w/ HA is 1/40. And that's not taking into account the IVs you want.

When I said breed another mother, I envisioned going back to the previous generation (so your current mother's parents if they haven't been released) and not breeding one from the current father. My bad, I should have been more specific.

So if that's not possible, then I think going back to FS wouldn't be a waste of time.
    I also spent time breeding Eevee's and I recommend getting access to a FS with it in it. Then take a male Pokemon with Cute Charm in the first slot, and 66% of the Pokemon you find will be girls. Give it a fighting type move if possible, so that Anticipation will kick in (when it has it). That's what I did, had a male Cute Charm Wigglytuff with Brick Break in the first slot.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Extrasensory all the way! I am in between breeding jobs, done disable Gastlys thinking of either drought ninetales or Magic Guard Abra.
    I have Eevee, Aipom, and Keckleon in my friend safari
    Pokemon Y FC:4639-9418-0333
    Name:Barnes
    Breeding... Giggity Giggity

Looking for Shiny Bulbasaur PM me!
    What I am willing to trade.
        Spoiler:- My Tradables:

Decided to do a little more complicated breeding project since my Binacle project worked out perfectly for me. My new project is a Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31 Charmander with Dragon Dance and Outrage. I managed to breed a Jolly female Charmander with 31/31/31/31/x/31, but it didn't have a 31 in Sp. Defense.

So I breeded two Fraxure and got a male Axew with 31/x/31/31/31/31. I'm not planning on using him competitively and only needed him for the Sp. Defense IV and as of right now I'm currently training him so he can learn Dragon Dance and Outrage.

So when he learns the two moves, I'll breed Charmander (F) and Haxorus (M) and get my target in hopefully less than 15 eggs.

I'm planning on making the Charmander into this Charizard:

Charizard | Charizardite X
    Jolly | 31/31/31/x/31/31
    6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Flare Blitz | Outrage | Roost | Dragon Dance
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

I finished my first ever breeding job last night. I got lucky and actually managed to hatch TWO perfect eggs while I was only looking for one.

I now have a Modest Vulpix with Drought and an IV Spread of 31/X/31/31/31/31

The next one I'm working on is a baton pass venonat/moth with timid nature and tinted lens.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - Pokemon X: 0963-0337-3662

Friend Safari Type: Rock
    Onyx, Dwebble, and Shuckle

Collecting/breeding/training Pokemon for battle!!

Shinies caught/bred: , , Clauncher

Can anyone here clarify how you unlock secret super training? All the websites seem to just say 'fully train a pokemon' or are ambiguous about what 'max out EVs' actually means. I have unlocked it with some pokemon but not with others. Am I right in thinking you have to completely max out a particular stat (possibly as well as being fully trained)?

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    Can anyone here clarify how you unlock secret super training? All the websites seem to just say 'fully train a pokemon' or are ambiguous about what 'max out EVs' actually means. I have unlocked it with some pokemon but not with others. Am I right in thinking you have to completely max out a particular stat (possibly as well as being fully trained)?
    For the Pokemon who didn't unlock Secret Super Training, are you sure that they have all 510 EVs?

For the Pokemon who didn't unlock Secret Super Training, are you sure that they have all 510 EVs?
    Like, you would know if you don't have all 510 EV's by the bar not being full.

Wait..

So if I have the EXP share on, and I give one of my Pokes with Pokerus a Power item, and have a Pokemon with Surf in front and use that in Hordes, the Power item holding Poke will get the same EVs which is about 50?

If it does that will help so much with my Pokes that are low and can't learn Multi hitting moves

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    Like, you would know if you don't have all 510 EV's by the bar not being full.
    And the Muscle Glowing lol
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Alex)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheWaves View Post
    so instead of spending all day collecting battle points I could have just used a destiny knot... FML lol
    I have a ditto safari but I cant manage to find one with 3 IV's the guuy in kiloude only tells me about 2
    There's a lot of luck involved in getting more than two. I must have caught 50+ ditto. Got lucky and even found a four IV. Patience and persistence and repeat balls. If there just aren't any, the two IVs work fine.

Plus, the power items are invaluable for horde EV training. So it wasn't time wasted.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

For a more bulky Excadrill with Rapid Spin, which nature do you guys think would be more beneficial? I was thinking Jolly because it's job isn't really to hit hard, so I don't mind having a little less attack. I was also wondering what ability would work best? Mold Breaker? Or Sand Rush? (I have sand)

Yeah, they have the little 'fully trained' icon, plus they've been played with loooads. Without going back and checking, I believe my team that I first played through with are all like this as they have got random EVs by playing through the game and therefore they're pretty mixed, whereas pokemon caught later and the properly EV trained do have it unlocked. I'll have to check later. Therefore I'm pretty sure it's something like this, I just haven't heard anyone else mention it. :x

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    Yeah, they have the little 'fully trained' icon, plus they've been played with loooads. Without going back and checking, I believe my team that I first played through with are all like this as they have got random EVs by playing through the game and therefore they're pretty mixed, whereas pokemon caught later and the properly EV trained do have it unlocked. I'll have to check later. Therefore I'm pretty sure it's something like this, I just haven't heard anyone else mention it. :x
    Hmm, that is interesting.

Did you do any Super Training with your team (I'm assuming yes because you said you played with them a lot)? The only other thing I can think of is that at least a few EVs have to come from Super Training, and if you did do a little Super Training with them, then yeah maybe one stat does need to be maxxed out.

Cuthrout and Kreayshawn: I'm aware lol. Sometimes we do overlook things by mistake though, which is why I asked.
    Last edited by Shiny Budew; 20th November 2013 at 8:15 PM.

Got a Relaxed Shiny Honedge with perfect HP IVs, so I maxed it's Attack and HP. I don't like the ST much, so I used Pokerus, a Macho Brace, and wild Ursaring and Wobufett
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    There's a lot of luck involved in getting more than two. I must have caught 50+ ditto. Got lucky and even found a four IV. Patience and persistence and repeat balls. If there just aren't any, the two IVs work fine.

Plus, the power items are invaluable for horde EV training. So it wasn't time wasted.

oh sweet! Im still learning the little things. I must have caught about 3 boxes of dittos last night and managed to find a ditto with perfect Iv's in HP, ATK, SpAtk, and Spd. Ive bred it with a Timid Female Pikachu now I have a Pichu with Ditto's IV's.

All of this is just to get a perfect Togekiss with Nasty Plot lol but its a great way to learn. Im thinking once Ive bred the evolved Pichu with a Togetic with some luck it will inherit the Ditto Iv's and some Defense/SpDef.

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

Is it a good idea to split EVs on an adamant honedge 252 atk, 252 hp, 4 sp def or does someone want to recommend a different spread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbless View Post
    Is it a good idea to split EVs on an adamant honedge 252 atk, 252 hp, 4 sp def or does someone want to recommend a different spread?
    I don't like that EV spread, I prefer 252 HP 129 def and sp def EVs makes you alot bulkier and then with +6 attack after SD you will hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthrout View Post
    I don't like that EV spread, I prefer 252 HP 129 def and sp def EVs makes you alot bulkier and then with +6 attack after SD you will hurt!
    Ok, I'll try that once I get my IVed Honedge done. It's annoying because none of my 5 perfect IV Honedge's are perfect in everything but sp. atk. I think I have at least one honedge for each missing stat except sp atk :/ (I wish i could've worded that better)

Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast