Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    Natures do not affect EV's at all, they affect your stat total. I would go Sp. atk and Speed, also try and get a modest or timid nature.

Iv's work exactly like tehy did before, so yeah they are decently important, mostly speed. You can have only decent ivs and do fine, but you will never be as powerful or fast(if only slightly) as Pokemon bred for competitive battling.
    Oops, sorry. x__x I got a little overwhelmed with all the new information.

So there's no way to really tell anything about IVs (of the new Pokemon) until they're leveled a bit and there are calculators for them?
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandraa View Post
    As you can see, I'm new to the forum, so I hope my posting here is okay. I've read through this thread and have a couple questions. xD
    I haven't gotten the game yet, but I'm looking at forums and stuff to tide myself over until my copy comes. :D I'm also brand new to EV training (but not to Pokemon), because I don't battle competitively (I'm just OCD), so I'm sorry if any of this sounds really stupid.

Do natures or anything else have any influence on Super EV training? Or do natures only play a part in EVs if you train through battling?

I'm starting with Fennekin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to Super EV train for? And nature, if that makes a difference? Though I plan to max its EVs before I start anything.

Also, I know you can't calculate IVs yet, but do they work exactly the same as in past games? Should I be stressing over IVs of my starter if I'm going to EV train it?

Thanks in advance! :D
    Go with Modest or Timid (I went with Modest) and max out the EVs in Special Attack and Speed, putting the remainders in either HP or Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandraa View Post
    Oops, sorry. x__x I got a little overwhelmed with all the new information.

So there's no way to really tell anything about IVs (of the new Pokemon) until they're leveled a bit and there are calculators for them?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    sadly, not really. I know, it is annoying
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

I like super training as an idea however doubt I'll use it as I am so use to my current system of training where I know exactly what I need to do for each Pokemon.

- Breed it till it gets the nature/characteristic I want
    - Check its "above average" or higher and is "its fantastic in that regard" (I not got the time to wait for every Pokemon to be "superior").
    - Give it Pokerus
    - 7 vitamins in each of the main 2 stats I want to focus on
    - maybe a neg EV berry on the stat I wanted lower.
    - Give it a power item / Macho Brace to hold
    - battle 25 levels each vs. the Pokemon that give me the EV I want

Not sure what stage Super Training is replacing? But I like my system so think I'll stick with it.
    Also anyone know where the EV reading guy is this game? In B/W he was in the train station.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 14th October 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I like super training as an idea however doubt I'll use it as I am so use to my current system of training where I know exactly what I need to do for each Pokemon.

- Check its "above average" or higher and is "its fantastic in that regard" (I not got the time to wait for every Pokemon to be "superior").
    - Give it Pokerus

Not sure what stage Super Training is replacing?
    Also anyone know where the EV reading guy is this game? In B/W he was in the train station.
    it is replacing the 3rd and last two stages.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.

- Give it Pokerus

Not sure what stage Super Training is replacing?
    Hey Mecha, in your model, super training replaces the last 2 parts. It is used to increase certain stats. EVs are displayed on the super training screen on the touch screen. Super training can be quite fun!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

it is replacing the 3rd and last two stages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
    Hey Mecha, in your model, super training replaces the last 2 parts. It is used to increase certain stats. EVs are displayed on the super training screen on the touch screen. Super training can be quite fun!
    Cheers guys!

Ok, I see. So could you potentially end up with a lvl 1 Pokemon with EV's exactly how you want them, then just train it vs. whatever to lvl 100 and end up with say Max speed Jolly Garchomp with high investment in Attack? Plus it won't have to hold a power item and its stupid speed drop?

If so then I'll definitely give it a test run.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 14th October 2013 at 1:03 AM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).

Cheers guys!

Ok, I see. So could you potentially end up with a lvl 1 Pokemon with EV's exactly how you want them, then just train it vs. whatever to lvl 100 and end up with say Max speed Jolly Garchomp with high investment in Attack?
    correct, sadly ivs are still unchangeable though.

correct, sadly ivs are still unchangeable though.
    Cool, thank you. It was so hard to get SP. Defence EV's without the Goth line to fight in White.
    Shall try it out once I've amassed a Ditto army of all natures with which to breed.
    Team Shut-down

Hey guys.. whats a good EV spread for that sword ghost thing? Apparently it is great in attack and sp atk, but idk movepool.

Plus it can evolve into a defensive beast.

Max out its HP for certain.

Afterwards, it's up to you whether you want to make it specialize in defense or attack more.

So EV points are still earned from battling pokemon and from super trianing or just from ST?
    3DS FC: 5300-9437-2684
    Claim a Pokemon- Zekrom owner
    We are Fearless

Did some reading on EV training/super training and I have one question:
    In super training does the reset bag reset all your EVs or just the EVs that were earned via super/core training

LOVE HINA

. ALPHA SAPPHIRE HERE I COME!

All EVs.

And also to the guy above you. EVs are still obtained from battling also

Quote Originally Posted by davidxrawr View Post
    Did some reading on EV training/super training and I have one question:
    In super training does the reset bag reset all your EVs or just the EVs that were earned via super/core training
    All EV's. I just used my first.
    We are Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    All EVs.

And also to the guy above you. EVs are still obtained from battling also
    Thanks. I thought so I just wanted to make sure. So then the smart thing to do is get all your ST out of the way before anything else.
    We are Fearless

The aegislash balloon one will not give me a dusk stone. Keep getting soda and hard stones. So unlucky both stone cups i g the respective stone first try but this one is a pain. I want my dusk stone!

Quote Originally Posted by Xostro View Post
    So instead of pre destined it's just random? How do ppl breed them perfect then? I'm confused.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS SO COMPLICATED!!!
    I use N's pokemon from Gen 5 as his have 30/31 in every stat. When you breed a pokemon, the game will pick two IV's from the dad, two IV's from the mom, and randomly generate two others. One way to get a sure fire 30/31 IV is to put a power item on a pokemon with the IV's you want. Whatever the power item relates to, i.e. Power Weight= HP, the offspring will automatically receive that IV without relying on chance. The rest are sorted out regularly.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Has anyone tried Super Training Espurr? For me it does this rapid fire of the soccer balls and it is very difficult to dodge the balloons attacks because the constant firing. This is stupid. Charge shots are also difficult to get off because the rapid fire.

My favorites team:

Super Training Cap's EV's at 252, no need to count. Haven't had a chance to calculate if battling puts EV's past this. Went fudge it on Aegislash and maxed Atk/Hp but said my EV training wasn't done and let me get +6 SDef.

Another note, The more EV's you have the more your goals count for. Using Protein & Carbos lets me start lv2 hitting 70-75's in the center of the net doing it relatively fast.

Also for those curious about Aegislash, it appears only the BASE stats are swapped on forme change and not EV'd stats. My def was only 1 higher than Sdef in Atk forme but Atk is 60+ higher than Satk in shield forme.

Here sorry I have to post a pic of my MewTwo stats (also proves i've done plenty of EV training) and 1 last thing. Reset bags are coming in about 1/20 of bags I get from hitting the punching bag without anything active. So far had 4 Reset bags (resets ALL EV's(still have 1 left)). Little annoying u can't just buy berrys but whatever works

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2w40j61.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Sillybeans; 14th October 2013 at 3:37 AM.
    My Pokemon X Team
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/21mas1v.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i42.*******.com/33y1j7r.png[/IMG]

Friend code:2638 - 0635 - 1736. Lets get this friend safari on the role!

Does super training tell you when you've maxed a stat or does it simply not add anymore to the stat? I fully trained my Amaura today and got no indication for special attack, so I'm not sure.

Loving this feature though. So much easier and more enjoyable to train.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Does super training tell you when you've maxed a stat or does it simply not add anymore to the stat? I fully trained my Amaura today and got no indication for special attack, so I'm not sure.

It doesn't add anything more to the stat. And I love this feature too, but definitely not for Espurr. It's impossible to Super Train Espurr. This ******** rapid fire has me so pissed off.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post

It tells you when you maxed out all 510 evs, you are also not able to use any more bags for a stat that has 252 evs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    It doesn't add anything more to the stat. And I love this feature too, but definitely not for Espurr. It's impossible to Super Train Espurr. This ******** rapid fire has me so pissed off.
    The points/score from goals are based on total EV's not the pokemon. Throw on some Carbos or something for EV's then go back it'll be much easier.
    My Pokemon X Team
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/21mas1v.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i42.*******.com/33y1j7r.png[/IMG]

Friend code:2638 - 0635 - 1736. Lets get this friend safari on the role!

Swirlix. What does this pokemon do? My girlfriend wants one but I have no idea how to train for it or what nature

Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast