Page 128 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 8544

Thread: X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Just started today's play and noticed that one of my friends, a Japanese player, was online for the first time in a few days. I hadn't encountered the third Pokemon in his Fire Safari yet, so I ran off to do so. And I found out that the third Pokemon is Braixen! Now I'm trying to catch as many of them as possible, both male and female, in the hopes of breeding a Fennekin with lots of perfect IVs.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Picked up Y again. Beat the 6th and 7th gym leaders and am finally taking on Lysandre and team flare. Should be an adventure. Can't wait to take them down again and catch Yveltal.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Yesterday, I hatched my first egg I got from a day care (I know I know) and I saw Moltres.

Hey everyone new here,

Alright today I did some gts trades wonder trades and started breeding slowpokes for shiny so far nothing but i'm just getting started. Then for friend safari the first I caught a metang was adamant so i'm training it. Then out of nowhere a shiny teddiursa decided to show up so I was very surprised so I caught it immediately (sorry no pics still under 10 posts) so now all I need is a foreign heracross to start mming to get a shiny heracross!
    Currently playing through Pokemon White because this game skipped me\
    3ds Friend code: 0189-8824-7714 pm me if you do add me I won't know other wise
    friend safari fire type

35 charmanders hatched so far in my attempt to breed a shiny. Hopefully it won't take too long.
    I have a water type friend safari with Wartortle, Frogadier, and Panpour.
    PM me if you want to exchange friend codes.

Today, I chained a Shiny Skiddo (which has a Docile Nature and amazing IVs), raised my competitive team to level 50 and evolved my Pokemon that needed evolving by trade.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

I was still EV training in Speed while taking Light Balls from wild Pikachu (have 2 so far), when out of nowhere a shiny Burmy appears. Thankfully is it male, because there isn't much difference between normal and shiny Wormadam.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

After I beat Xerosic, he spoke about the ultimate weapon some more and then I pushed a blue button which was supposed to stop the ultimate weapon from activating, but Xerosic activated it anyway. I was then shown a cut-scene where the stone pillars in the middle of Geosenge Town disappeared and were replaced by one big jewel-like pillar that sort of blossomed into a crystal flower. I left Lysandre Labs after that and I visited the Lumiose City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon and to buy some items. I then headed back outside and flew to Geosenge Town in order to stop Team Flare's plan. I spotted some Team Flare grunts to the south of town blocking the town's exit, then I approached the weapon.

I just restarted my game. I didn't have anything valuable on my save file so I said "hey why not?".

I'll get to use some different Pokemon this time around. I may restart it one more time after this playthrough. I usually play my games at least 3 times all the way through. Once for each starter. After that it'll be dex completion time and hopefully Pokebank or whatever will be out by then.

This time I'm going to choose Chespin. I have no idea who the other 5 members of my team will be. I don't plan on using the Kanto starter this time either.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

As I moved around the ultimate weapon after taking a picture in front of it, I saw that many houses around town had been overturned which was sad. I saw more Team Flare grunts hanging around. I spoke to one of them as I wandered west and I battled his Manectric, Scrafty and Golbat. The grunt fled when I beat him and I followed him up the path but was stopped by Serena before entering the building. Once inside of Team Flare's Secret HQ, I headed down on the elevator-esque room and arrived at a computer room with Team Flare grunts and scientists. Serena caught up to me and we arrived at the front of the room and saw Lysandre there. After ranting about the Legendary Pokemon, we began to battle.

So when I was trying to catch a Male Corsola for Rock Blast breeding purposes in the Friend Safari, I literally encountered 2 shiny Dwebble's in a row. Literally in a row, no pokemon inbetween. My mind is in an unstable state right now.

Pics incoming in a few min
    Edit:
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/23jpeex.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2zecy2t.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by pichufan25; 14th November 2013 at 2:32 AM.
    Friend Code: 1993-8275-2626
    Friend-Safari: Grass: Tangela - Ivysaur - Gogoat

Y Shinies:     Spoiler:- White = RE, Blue = Chain Fishing, Orange = Pokeradar:

Finally finished breeding my Battle Maison team of Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash, EV trained Rotom earlier, and trained him and Aegislash to L50. I was very surprised to learn that the Battle Maison doesn't scale Pokemon up to L50, it only scales them down. Alas, it doesn't matter. Right now I'm testing them out in the Singles line, I've already beaten the Charletaine or whatever she's called, and its an easy 48BP for the other three Power Items I don't have.

Movesets if you're interested / care to give your opinion.

Rotom-H @ Calm
    Rocky Helmet ATM @ Levitate
    31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Sp. Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    - Overheat
    - Thunderwave
    - Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Jolly
    Gyaradosite @ Intimidate
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Dance

Aegislash @ Brave
    Leftovers @ Stance Change
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword
    - Iron Head
    - Swords Dance

I can't believe I just lost to a Gooey Sliggoo, it OHKO'd my Gyarados with Thunderbolt, lowered my Aegislash's accuracy with Muddy Water, who would miss and then be OHKO'd by a Gabite's Earthquake, and then Stone Edge finished my Rotom off.

I have to pay more attention....
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 14th November 2013 at 2:58 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

currently hunting down kangaskhan and mawile in the glittering cave it is about as much fun as tooth decay
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

anybody have a friend safari with Onyx so I could chain for a shiny one? I don't feel like spending $15 on the poke bank to transfer just my Steelix over so I figured I should just get a new one.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pichufan25 View Post
    So when I was trying to catch a Male Corsola for Rock Blast breeding purposes in the Friend Safari, I literally encountered 2 shiny Dwebble's in a row. Literally in a row, no pokemon inbetween. My mind is in an unstable state right now.

Edit:
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/23jpeex.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2zecy2t.jpg[/IMG]
    How on earth? The last shiny I found was in Platinum lol. Well, I did find one in White but that was before finding the one in Platinum.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    currently hunting down kangaskhan and mawile in the glittering cave it is about as much fun as tooth decay
    I know how you feel. I went through the same experience.
    Ho-Oh rules: 1. is AWESOME!!! 2. is the BEST!!! 3. No one can stop because it's AWESOME and the BEST!!!

Check out this site where I'm a Super Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinemasterking View Post
    678 .EDIT this is my 8000 post in this thread, god what is wrong with me

Well after getting the right clothes I wanted I left Lumiose City and headed on Route 14 where I had yet another Rival battle. It was a great way to level up my weaker members. Afterwords Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor were talking about a scary house, and I was all like "Yay! Bring it on!" It was a let down to say the least but I did manage to capture Pokemon like Goomy in Route 14. Afterwords I made it to Laverre City. I first thought I was playing Kingdom Hearts in Wonder Land, this place had such a fairy tale like atmosphere. No wonder the Fairy Gym was here. It made sense and the music was very unique here along with their giant enchanted mushrooms. Pokemon just got Disney XD anyway I went to Valerie's Gym, it was pretty fun I have to say. Looked like a massive doll house. Valerie was kinda weird but she provided a entertaining Gym Battle. Seed Blast my Venusaur, Mozilla the Delphox, and Bluelobster the Clawitzer all got wins here and once I got the badge I went to the Poke Ball factory. I really enjoyed the scene where Shauna and Trevor get chased by that Team Flare grunt XD So I bust into the factory and because I am still overleveled I destroyed all in my path. I already have a level 55 Pokemon and I'm not even at the 7th Gym yet. After defeating the Team Flare admins I decided to stay in Laverre for awhile to listen to it's Wonder Land like music.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by pichufan25 View Post

Edit:
    That is awesome. I had an instance where I stumbled across a shiny Illumise in an attempt to find white Flabebe. 2 steps later I encountered a shiny Flabebe. Not as unlikely as the same pokemon twice in a row, though.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    How on earth? The last shiny I found was in Platinum lol. Well, I did find one in White but that was before finding the one in Platinum.
    All skill , oh and maybe a little bit of abysmal luck, but that's not important. Though in total that makes only #4 and #5 in random encounter shinies in my entire life too, even after playing all games except for b/w/b2/w2
    Friend Code: 1993-8275-2626
    Friend-Safari: Grass: Tangela - Ivysaur - Gogoat

Y Shinies:     Spoiler:- White = RE, Blue = Chain Fishing, Orange = Pokeradar:

Just traded my Charizardite Y for a Shiny Swablu & Clauncher! My first two shinies in X/Y! I still have yet to see one on my own though.

Earlier I also traded away some of my leftover Larvitars, Inkays, and Heracross from breeding and got some really nice IV'd pokes, 3 Scatterbugs since I'm trying to collect a lot, a Vivillon, and the best one.. an EGG! I'm very curious to see what comes out of it. We will see tomorrow.
    FRIEND CODE: Pokemon Y - 4399-0179-3036 (Willy)
    FRIEND SAFARI: ELECTRIC

Emolga - Helioptile - Manectric
    Bug Catcher Kreayshawn

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytrainer123 View Post
    I know how you feel. I went through the same experience.
    at least now I can rest easy I FINALLY found those pokemon! weird thing here is after I foud my first mawile I ran into at 4 others afterwards I was like "you've got to be kidding me"
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

EV Trained and fully leveled an Aegislash for my team finally.... although IVs still leave something to be desired. Not very good at this IV breeding thing.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Got the rest of the skating moves and was able to get the final one today... so now onto some more training before I get the 8th badge. No shiny luck -- other than the GTS one. Hope that'll change once I beat the Elite 4.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I battled Lysandre inside the Team Flare Secret HQ building and I used Greninja against his Mienshao. I thought Surf would beat it, but Mienshao survived the hit and used High Jump Kick which actually hit and did a lot of damage to Greninja. I switched to Talonflame and beat Mienshao with Aerial Ace. Lysandre used Gyarados afterwards and I used Raichu's Thunderbolt to beat it. I then used my Greninja again against Pyroar and I beat it with Surf, then I switched back to Raichu and I beat Lysandre's Honchkrow with Thunderbolt. After beating Lysandre, he invented me to see Xerneas on the lowest floor of the building. Serena followed me down some stairs and we found a Team Flare Admin and grunt there.

So yes, I think I've finally decided on a team to use.

- Modest Seadra with Sniper (soon to be Kingdra, I hope)
    - Adamant Sneasel with Inner Focus (soon to be Weavile, once I revisit Battle Maison)
    - Hasty Torchic with Speed Boost (will be Blaziken and my Mega Evolution)
    - Adamant Zubat with Inner Focus (soon to be Crobat)
    - Modest Ralts with Trace (soon to be Gardevoir)
    - Brave Honedge with No Guard (soon to be Aegislash with Stance Change, obviously)

It was a hard decision to make, removing Volcarona from all consideration for a spot on my team... but I didn't really feel like working in a Rapid Spin user just to deal with a big weakness Bug and Fire types (never mind the hybrid Volcarona) have in Stealth Rock. I honestly feel like that spot for a Rapid Spin user can be better filled with a stronger offensive option (Mega Blaziken).

As it turns out, I am currently in possession of a Dusk Stone - one that I believe I located via the Dowsing Machine a long while back. I don't remember where I found it, or when, but I was looking through my Items slot in my Bag for... something (might have been a Dawn Stone, which I think I need for Togetic to Togekiss...? It's been a while). Well, I have no Dawn Stone, but I did find the Dusk Stone, and that brought my Brave Honedge back to the forefront of my mind. I have entertained the notion of using a Honchkrow, but I figure this team needs a dedicated wall (well, as dedicated as a Stance Changing Aegislash can get, that is). I am still looking forward to besting the Aegislash Balloon, though, and claiming another Dusk Stone - because in the end, I will want to evolve a Murkrow into Honchkrow for Pokedex entry purposes (same with Mismagius). For now, though, it's not at the forefront of my mind.

I've finally removed the 'slave' moves from Sneasel, and taught him Aerial Ace, Brick Break and Hone Claws (still has Feint Attack). Once I get him to Weavile, I'll see about 'tutoring' Ice Punch (if memory serves, that was a Move Reminder option, but that was admittedly a little while ago). I taught Zubat Fly to make up for the lack of it once I pulled Volcarona from the team, but will eventually drop that, too, once the team gets up there in levels and I don't need to Fly around everywhere.

I'm currently Super Training Honedge, and don't really know what stats I want to emphasize. His Defense/Sp. Defense are pretty solid as it is... but there is no such thing as 'too bulky' for a wall, right? On the flip side, though, I also want to max Attack and HP, so that he can withstand a bit more punishment with a larger health pool and dish out some greater punishment with... well, yes. I've also considered maxing Attack and doing a half-and-half split on Defense/Sp. Defense (126 in each), but I'm still not sure. (I've even considered max Attack and 84 HP/Defense/Sp. Defense, or max HP and 84 Attack/Defense/Sp. Defense, so I'm pretty undecided on his EV distributions!) At present, going the 'max attack, 126 Defense/Sp. Defense' route, but that Reset Bag does have me reconsidering... I'd prefer to use that on someone else, because they've all inherited oddball stats from Exp. Share leveling (I curse myself for forgetting to turn it off...).

In other news, I got a raise at the Hotel in Lumiose (the name of which confuses my sense of spelling...). 10k to 20k was very welcome, especially considering how close to broke all the breeding I'd been doing nearly left me. This did, unfortunately, mean new 'unpleasant' surprises... three orders for Room Service, a new route and shorter time for Make Beds (it took me 50 seconds the first time, and my target time was 55 seconds!)... and my least favorite of them all, Lost and Found.

I was never a fan of Lost and Found to begin with. I liked Make Beds first, followed by Room Service (if only because I get to abbreviate the orders to four letters and think up a way to remember each one). Having to walk around a room, looking for something, and not stepping on it... it got frustrating sometimes.

I'm particularly loathing of Lost and Found now, though... because NOW I have to search AN ENTIRE FLOOR FOR THREE THINGS. This includes the hallways (which is where I found the three items, by the by). I have never spent more than five minutes on the Lost and Found part... but I did well over that the first time I had to search the entire floor. 20k is nice, but is it worth the headache of searching an entire floor? That remains to be seen.

So, in short:

-I've said my goodbyes to Volcarona as a 'mainstay' of the team (he will always be my go-to for Egg hatching, though!).
    -I've decided on a team at long last (and see no reasons whatsoever to change it for now; that may change if I come across glaring problems in battles).
    -Honedge Super Training is leaving me quite indecisive...
    -20k at the Hotel is nice, but is it worth it? Time will tell.
    -Sometimes, the item I want most is already in my Bag... and I'm just not aware of it.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Pokemon AS Pokemon Team
    -Dusclops, L. 95
    -Swampert, L. 84
    -Fletchinder, L. 100
    -Bellossom, L. 66

Shadow Stars League Fire-Type Gym Leader

Pyre Badge (credit to FairyWitch for Badge!)

Page 128 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast