Page 179 of 339 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 8472

Thread: X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    Getting all the luck now: First shiny for a long time yesterday, and now pokerus today.
    Spent an hour and a half chain fishing.
    Got absolutely nowhere, no shinies.
    Most annoying method (aren't they all?)

~Banner by Sworn Metalhead~
    ~I claim Abomasnow, Team Fortress 2 and the Pyro~

Since my last post, I trained my team a bit along Route 4. Froakie and Fletchling evolved into Frogadier and Fletchinder respectively, and Fletchinder and Ralts both learned new moves. I met the 2 Scientists working with Sycamore, and they showed me to his Lab. I went and got some more Pokémon via Wonder Trade, and by the point I am now (training on Route 8) I've got a whole box of foreign Pokémon, Pokémon with Egg moves, good natures, Pokerus and just general badassery. I met with the Professor, and he battled me and my team. Fletchinder beat his Bulbasaur, and Ralts Double Teamed his team into submission (bloody Charmander Smokescreen kept hitting...). He let me, Serena and Shauna choose a starter, although I don't understand why they don't ever use the Kanto starter. Shouldn't Serena use the one weak to yours, and Shauna the one strong against yours? Anyway, I picked Bulbasaur, who I named BruteRoot. He's got a Hardy Nature. I turned the Exp Share off, and trained Valkyrie and BruteRoot to Level 17, same as the rest of my team. Bored with the continuous Bunnelby's and ****, I travelled all the way to Camphrier Town. By this point my team was Level 18-19. By the time I'd visited the Castle, Route 7 (both sides) and Parfum Palace, my team was level 20-21.

I did the mini side quest with the Furfrou, really easy after 4 times of doing it, and saw the fireworks with Shauna. Easy stuff. I caught the Snorlax, and traded it via Wonder Trade. I visited the Day Care, but skipped the Battle Chateau (I can check again later). I battled Tierno and Trevor with Serena and we won really easily (powerhouse Kirlia, with Magical Leaf- **** you Corphish) and I continued on the Route, capturing stuff for Wonder Trade and the like. I went through Connecting Cave, and arrived back onto Route 7 I assume. I met with the Professor's assistants/scientists, and they upgraded my Pokedex. I went down, caught some stuff, and arrived at Ambrette Town. I met with Serena at the Fossil Lab, and we agreed to go to Glittering Cave. On the way there I hunted for a Helioptile, preferably one with Dry Skin. I caught 3, the only with Dry Skin having a Naughty Nature, which is OK. I named her Basilisk, and I'm training her right now on Route 8, catching Luvdiscs for Heart Scales. I need 4+ of them. I would Thief spam them, but I want to catch them for Wonder Trade. I still catching Luvdisc now.

Team:
    Ninja-Frog (Frogadier) Lv 24
    Hasty Nature / Torrent
    ~ Water Pulse
    ~ Round
    ~ Rock Smash
    ~ Thief

Whirlwind (Fletchinder) Lv 24
    Naughty Nature / Flame Body
    ~ Peck
    ~ Return
    ~ Thief
    ~ Ember

Valkyrie (Kirlia) Lv 24
    Calm Nature / Synchronise
    ~ Confusion
    ~ Magical Leaf
    ~ Double Team
    ~ Lucky Chant

BruteRoot (Ivysaur) Lv 24
    Hardy Nature / Overgrow
    ~ PoisonPowder
    ~ Venoshock
    ~ Razor Leaf
    ~ Leech Seed

Basilisk (Helioptile) Lv 22
    Naughty Nature / Dry Skin
    ~ ThunderShock
    ~ Charge
    ~ Razor Wind
    ~ Quick Attack
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 4th January 2014 at 2:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraver View Post
    Hello everyone.

I was doing some trades and got a turtwig on gts, with nickname T66, but then something strange happens, i trained him and he is now a torterra and nickname didnt change.

I know i cant change on name rater, but when we evolve a pokemon he should change his nickname to his actual name right? its a bug?

Sorry for my english, my main language is portuguese, i hope i could explain myself.
    No, I know what you mean.

If you recieve a Pokemon that has its actual name in another language (like, for example, Aipom's French name is Capumain) so, when Capumain evolves, instead of being Capidextre, it'll actually be Ambipom.

However, if this supposedly named Capumain "Lucky" or something, when it evolves, it'll still be named "Lucky"

In other words, if the Trainer actually changed the name of the Pokemon, then it sticks forever.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I got to Shalour city and battled all of the trainers in the gym. Now I'm getting nidorino to lv 33. Current team:
    quilladin lv 35
    houndoom lv 33
    dodrio lv 33
    nidorino lv 29

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Since I now have a 6iv Ditto I've been spending my spare time breeding Smeargle with the intent to:

* Turn one into a Horde EV Killer.
    * Turn the second into a Happy Hour Money Farmer.

First Smeargle should have Sweet Scent, Lava Plume, Surf, and Dischrge. Happy Hour Smeargle will have the same 3 moves I've decided because I'm going to farm money from Le Wow with it so hit all moves are better. So my Question now is which pokemon learn Discharge and Lava Plume the earliest?
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Just bred myself an Adamant tyamo. Yep, I got that going for me, which is Nice. Other than that, I'm training a bit on my Rough skin Gabite, Serperior, Feraligatr and such. Mostly training.
    In other News, I met my second shiny Bidoof a few days ago, and after going on an outrage for a few moments, I overkilled it With Overheat With my Chandelure and caught a few Pokęs for my Dex

Just bought Y yesterday so I could start a new playthrough without losing my X data. Decided to try out monotype dragon run (traded over a Bagon egg as soon as I could). I skipped the majority of the trainers between Lumiose and Connecting Cave to catch my second mon - Axew. The next on my list is Skrelp of course, after I retraced steps for all the trainers and items I missed. I'm having a good time so far! Hopefully the fairies don't get me.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - Pokemon X: 0963-0337-3662

Friend Safari Type: Rock
    Onyx, Dwebble, and Shuckle

Collecting/breeding/training Pokemon for battle!!

Shinies caught/bred: , , Clauncher

Everything is ready on my Black Version awaiting transfer. I'm super excited! I got to work today and tried random battles.... but I got my butt handed to me. I am beginning to believe that Maxing out Speed and the Attack/Sp. Atk isn't enough for online battling, due to the amount of pokemon that are speedier than mine, and usually OHKO my fragile Gardevior and Charizard. I am also more excited about having UU pokemon for battles from my past games, because it'll be a bit less easier to predict... I hate being predictable XD
    K A Y L A F 0 X

Check out my Twitch channel for Pokemon viewer battles and giveaways!
    FRIEND CODE FOR POKEYMANS Y:
    0533-5474-8240
    Friend Safari: Rock! With Pupitar, Barbaracle, and Dwebble!
    PASBL

GTS trading and managed to get a phione last night (apprently there is a method of getting all the legendaries just by having this little cutie). So i've been breeding this cutie wutie to my hearts content. While attempting to trade my first one, im in a random friend safari, hoping to run into a 6th gen shiny i'll probably not use. That shiny will be attempted to be traded off for a legendary, since i have been succesful in obtaining Entei and Suicune for a 6th gen shiny! This is my Y update

nothing new in X yet, still on route 5 lol
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Battled a Passerby on the PSS, and won 3-0. However, Goodra was what made the battle, and I am super glad I'm running Rain Dance on it, as it meant that Chandelure couldn't touch me, Rotom-W's W-o-W had no effect and Clefable's Moonlight was completely ruined. Hydration Damp Rock Rain Dance Goodra is OP, please nerf.

Got a shiny thundurus with ivs all over 24 on the GTS for a modest xerneas, lol. Got multiscale timid lugia for a yveltal after it sat on trade for two days. I think I'm getting addicted to GTS gambling.
    No one expects the choice specs gastrodon!

I went into the friend safari and caught a ha wartortle and ivysaur for my friend. I traded them to him and then went to lumiose city. I stocked up on pokeballs and went to catch a suction cups inkay. I went to try chain fishing again. After about 30 minutes I found a shiny dragalge.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    7849 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

I entered the Anistar City Gym and arrived inside of a small sitting room. Then I stepped in the middle of the carpet and the Anistar Gym dissolved and reformed in the shape of a sphere with space around it. After that, I took the path south that led to a dead end, then I went back up and I encountered and battled against a Psychic class trainer and his Exeggutor. I used my Talonflame's Aerial Ace attack to defeat it, then I stepped on a warp title and teleported to a green-colored path and saw some constellations in the background. I warped back to the blue path, then the green path, then blue path again and I battled against another Psychic trainer and I beat his Medicham with Talonflame's Fly and saved.

Today I managed to get a Mudkip via wonder trades, which was pretty nice. I also managed to breed 2 5iv adamant Marills with the wrong ability... I eventually gave up and settled on a near perfect 4iv one. I then started breeding Squirtles and managed to get a modest one with egg moves and its hidden ability that was flawless in all stats barring its defense, which had a value of 30 (not bad).

Now I'm continuing with my hunts for a 4iv Ditto and a shiny Honedge. Wish me luck!
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Almost done the Kalos Dex! I think I have 407 captured...

I thought hunting for the trade items like Metal Coat and King's Rock would be easier than grinding...I thought wrong lol. Even with a fainted Static user and Banette with Frisk and Thief I still haven't found a Metal Coat on a Magneton in almost an hour

On the bright side I was able to get the Litwick and Trubbish I need

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I teleported back to a green path, then to the purple path where I battled another Psychic and his Reuniclus. I encountered a Hex Maniac on the same path and I beat her Jynx with Delphox's Mystical Fire. I battled a second Hex Maniac as I wandered in the opposite direction and I beat her Gardevoir with Lucario. I teleported once more to the purple path and I went north and met Gym Leader Olympia. I challenged her and used Lucario against her Sigilyph. A couple of Payback attacks beat it, then I switched to Venusaur when Olympia used Slowking. Petal Dance defeated it, then I used Talonflame against Meowstic and I defeated it with Fly. I then obtained the Psychic Badge and Calm Mind TM from Olympia and saved.

Continued with the Rotom breeding today. On the first egg I hatched, I got a Rotom with perfect IVs in 4 stats, all but HP and Attack. Naturally, I replaced the current parent with this new one. With the Ditto and the new Rotom in the Day-Care, I checked my chances of getting my desired Rotom with the Breeding Probability Calculator and found that my chance was around 1 in 38, which isn't nearly as bad as I had thought, although I would have loved to have a higher chance. I continued hatching, and to my great surprise, I hatched a Modest Rotom with perfect IVs in everything but Attack in the end. Very unexpected due to the rather low chance of getting one, but I'm happy. I'm pretty sure I was below the odds as I only hatched around 30 eggs in total, including the ones from previous parents. But this is good, I now have all four members of the team and I can start and hopefully also finish their EV-training tomorrow.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

After I defeated Gym Leader Olympia and obtained the Psychic Badge, I warped back to the Anistar City Gym's entrance. I met up with Calem again outside of the Gym and I spoke to him. I then got a Holo Caster message from Lysandre, a message that was also being broadcast around Kalos. He ranted about his plans to use the ultimate weapon to destroy everything and to return the world to a perfect, beautiful state or something along those lines. I spoke to two Team Flare grunts near the Anistar Gym and they mentioned Lysandre Cafe. I visited the local Pokemon Center to heal my team, then I visited the Anistar Sundial to the north of the city and picked up Sun Stone that that was hidden there. I then saved.

A passerby asked me for a battle today so I did and my Chansey took out his entire team. By the looks of his stats that came up during the battle he either wasn't into most of the mechanics of the game or was a kid playing it so after the battle I traded a bunch of pokemon to him includinga load of starters. That was my good deed for the day :-)
    My FC is 1418-7605-1318

My Friend Safari is Steel, send me a PM so I can get yours.

After finding a Sun Stone in Anistar City, I flew to Lumiose City next since I had to visit Lysandre Cafe. I spotted a Team Flare grunt near the cafe when I finally arrived, and I entered the cafe and spoke to someone who was actually a Team Flare grunt in disguise. After beating his Scrafty with Talonflame, I spoke to a woman in the cafe who was also a Team Flare grunt in disguise and I beat her Liepard with Talonflame too. I then used the password that I got from the other grunt to unlock a hidden door behind a shelf. I then arrived in Lysandre Labs. I met Lysandre by the entrance and we battled. I beat his Mienfoo and Murkrow with Lucario, then his Pyroar with my Golduck and his Gyarados with my Venusaur.

I got everyone to at least lv 33, beat the gym leader, got her lucario, went back and after releasing one because it was an adament nature, caught a female clauncher, got the aerial ace tm, and am now in Coumarine town. Current team:
    quilladin lv 35
    houndoom lv 33
    dodrio lv 36
    nidoking lv 33
    clauncher lv 25

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I've been collecting the starters via the gts, almost done just missing the generation 4 & 5's water and grass starters
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

After I defeated Lysandre in front of the elevator of Lysandre Labs, he told me that I could try to stop the ultimate weapon, but that I would have to battle against Team Flare first. I was told that one of the Team Flare Scientist's had the Elevator Key that would operate the elevator. After Lysandre left the building, I walked on a movement tile and battled against Team Flare grunt and his Swalot. After beating his Swalot with Delphox, I again warped to around and battled Team Flare Aliana in one of the rooms. I used Lucario's Aura Sphere to beat her Mightyena, then I used my Golduck against her Druddigon. She didn't have the Elevator Key though, so I had to use another warp panel and I continued moving around.

I started my Cyndaquil masuda. I have a box and a half of them so far, but I'm not backing down! Ruby red cyndaquil will be mine!
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. -Mewtwo

My Safari:

DARK TYPE
    Crawdaunt
    Cacturne
    Sneasel
    FC: 3067 - 4545 - 8436

As I moved around Lysandre Labs I found another Team Flare grunt and beat his Liepard and Swalot. I found a small room with computers afterwards and met Professor Sycamore's two assistants there. They were disguised and masked, and I received five Revives from the female assistant after speaking with her. I left the computer room and went left until I found another room with some beds and Team Flare grunts inside. I picked up another Revive in there and received the Taunt TM from one of the grunts, then I rested on a bed and healed my Pokemon. I then returned to the main room of the lab and battled more Team Flare grunts as I walked on warp panels, then I battled a few more after spinning around.

Page 179 of 339 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast