Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nagi no Asukara

Default Nagi no Asukara

I'm really liking how this series is turning out, so I thought it could use it's own thread.

Love the animation. Love how they have an underwater village. Love pretty much all the cast, except for the main character. He's the only problem I have with the show, and I hope he gets an attitude change soon

Can't wait to see where it goes, though
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Hikari is such a douche bag, someone really needs to just punch him in the face or something, jesus christ.

That aside, I'm loving this show so far. Manaka is ****ing adorable, and she's got the perfect voice to go with all that as well.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Agreed MC is way to Tsun for my liking i hope he gets better by the end.
    Besides that Loving the World its so beautiful

Pretty much everything about Hikari has been said.

I love the art. Since I haven't really watched a mainly romance anime before, I'm curious about how it'll go.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 12th October 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I don't know, I personally like Hikari's own sharp contrast to this beautiful, gentle world they live in, and to the other characters like Manaka and Tsumugu. He may be a jerk, but he has a heart that seems to be very stoic except to a very select few (like his sister, if the ending to the second episode means anything). Now Uroko looks to be an amazing character if he would just get off his royal drunk ass and go do cool god things... unless he's not a god???

Other than that, this is looking to be a great show: beautiful visuals, great characters, a very interesting storyline with creative tidbits (especially for a slice-of-life), music is great... it's just perfect as of now. I thought this was going to be about mermaids at first... I'm sure if it wasn't for Kill la Kill, this would probably be my favorite anime of the season. I'm a bit surprised this wasn't for the summer season, to be frank.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Like how the MC is becoming less of a dick, I guess

He's beginning to warm up to Tsumugu, at least
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Hikari is setting a new standard for tsunderes, he should probably be voiced by Kugimiya Rie.

Still loving this show, keep up this quality right through and it could be up there with Hanasaku Iroha as far as P.A. Works shows are concerned.
    My Anime List

Well glad hikari is becoming friends with Tsumugu.

I tooooooold you he had a heart.

Hikari's becoming more and more endearing to me. He's really a sweet kid when you get past that rough exterior. The other characters are great as well, I'm just really falling more in love with this world with every episode. It's just so perfect right now, a slice-of-life done really well. I'm really looking forward to the distribution of this show in the future, I want it on my shelf.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Fabulous episode this week. Beautiful animation. Better than last week. Tsumugu/Hikari Bromance is fun.

ASB Squad

This is such a gentle anime, I really am loving it more and more. It may be a slow slice-of-life, but that gives us time to take in the world and characters, and it's just so beautiful. It really is perfect. Manaka is really adorable, and Hikari is becoming more and more likeable. I hope we do get to focus on the other characters some, I'd like to learn more about them.

Also just realized that the sea people's eyes (with exception of the whites) are completely blue, including the eyelashes. What amazing attention to detail.
    I survived Pupa.

This anime is really getting better for me each episode. I'm liking how Mature Hikari is becoming with each episode and to see he's slowly getting accepted by the people of the land. all it took was for him to tackle someone then apologize

I liked the new episode. Kinda feel bad for it, though, being on the same day as Kyousou Giga, Golden Time, and Kill la Kill, though

It's great because I have like 4 of my top 5 shows all in one day, but it's terrible for this show in particular because it's the first one I watch due to it being the weakest so far

Other than that, I hope they develop the racist issue more. So far it's only really been the two grade schoolers, but I hope they expand on it a lot more. That, and the issue of the sea people becoming fewer and fewer, I guess
    Douglas Adams

There's quite a lot about Nagi that pique my interest, mainly the festival and Tsumugu's love for the ocean people. I'm predicting the aforementioned festival to be held at the end of the first half, followed by a timeskip (a year, perhaps?) into the second half.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." - Adroc Thurston
    "The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you" - Nyx

This and Samurai Flamenco are my favorite anime of the season. I initially wasn't quite sure what to think of Manaka and Hikari, since Manaka seemed like a bit of a doormat and Hikari was a bully, but they've both been growing on me, especially Manaka. I'm also really looking forward to seeing how things will develop with Hikari's sister.

Liked the new episode. Kinda wanna see how this ends, but I wanna see how the current Love Square will evolve
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Liked the new episode. Kinda wanna see how this ends, but I wanna see how the current Love Square will evolve
    its a love polygon now. also Loli end is best end just saying

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    its a love polygon now. also Loli end is best end just saying
    Pretty sure you meant Doli. Doli, Doli as in Dolicon.

What's the purpose of Kaname btw? He hasn't done really significant so far. *waits*

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Pretty sure you meant Doli. Doli, Doli as in Dolicon.

What's the purpose of Kaname btw? He hasn't done really significant so far. *waits*
    He's the bro of the series and hes in love with purple

Oh God, this series ;___;, it's so freaking beautiful. I swear, if this gets close to CLANNAD in terms of feels at the rate it's going, I'm going to dehydrate myself sometime down the line.

Also, the sea slugs make the most adorable noise ever. I want a squishy sea slug now.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Oh God, this series ;___;, it's so freaking beautiful. I swear, if this gets close to CLANNAD in terms of feels at the rate it's going, I'm going to dehydrate myself sometime down the line.

Also, the sea slugs make the most adorable noise ever. I want a squishy sea slug now.
    its not made by Key so don't expect it to be that sad

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    its not made by Key so don't expect it to be that sad
    AnoHana had no involvement from anyone at Key.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    AnoHana had no involvement from anyone at Key.
    well to be fair i have yet to watch that, but i do hear its a tear jerker

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    He's the little devil on Chisaki's shoulder that tells her to kill.
    Done here.

New episode was alright

Mainly about Manaka's and Chisaki's relationship, which I guess we needed
    Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast