Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nagi no Asukara

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    New episode was alright

Mainly about Manaka's and Chisaki's relationship, which I guess we needed
    I kinda forgot what it was the two were mad over, honestly. I guess it was over the talk about whether-or-not they should spill their feelings, but that was a couple of episodes ago. Still, it's always interesting to learn more about the relationship between these characters. I can actually see it getting even more strained in the future the closer Manaka gets to both Hikari and Tsumugu.

Also, are her gills retractable, or something? There are some scenes where they're visible, and then they're not (like when she was at the pool).
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I kinda forgot what it was the two were mad over, honestly. I guess it was over the talk about whether-or-not they should spill their feelings, but that was a couple of episodes ago. Still, it's always interesting to learn more about the relationship between these characters. I can actually see it getting even more strained in the future the closer Manaka gets to both Hikari and Tsumugu.

Also, are her gills retractable, or something? There are some scenes where they're visible, and then they're not (like when she was at the pool).
    1. those arent her gills its just a decoration.

2. Chinami was jealous of Manaka cause how shes close to Hikari and she can't even do anything for him and she's mad that she cant tell him her feelings pretty much

Well, I'm not sure what to make of the new episode. It felt partly redundant, partly new. At least Hikari is really tolerable now?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

This episode was great. Got to see some new interactions, how Miuna and Hikari are both coming to terms with Akari and Manaka, respectively. I wonder if Hikari will go back to living with his dad, though
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

You know what, if this show was garbage I'd watch every week just for the OP/ED. Thankfully that's not the case, another great episode this week. I love the fact Hikari isn't a giant douche anymore.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Hikari has had such great development its awesome tho this episode seemed like the calm before the storm

I thought this was just going to be a relaxing, cute slice-of-life... but now stuff's happening and it hurts 8(. I'm still loving it, but it's been going into a direction that's really melancholy and less relaxing.

Also, is it just me, or was Hikari slightly darker in this episode than he was? Unless he always was darker than the others, but I thought the sea people were really pale compared to the surface folks? I dunno, that might've just been me seeing things and making assumptions.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I thought this was just going to be a relaxing, cute slice-of-life... but now stuff's happening and it hurts 8(. I'm still loving it, but it's been going into a direction that's really melancholy and less relaxing.
    did you not see the Romantic Drama tag under the MAL listing of it haha. I knew going into it that it was going to be really dramatic, and im enjoying it alot

I feel really bad for Hikari, all he did was give her a hug. It sucks, I want Hikari x Manaka to happen, but it seems like there is no way in hell that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    did you not see the Romantic Drama tag under the MAL listing of it haha. I knew going into it that it was going to be really dramatic, and im enjoying it alot
    MAL just guesses, they don't have any prior knowledge of what the show is going to be about.
    My Anime List

Well, that escalated quickly.

Content heavy episode. YES DRAMA IS STARTING.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 30th November 2013 at 3:57 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I feel really bad for Hikari, all he did was give her a hug. It sucks, I want Hikari x Manaka to happen, but it seems like there is no way in hell that will happen.
    Yeah, I'd like that to happen as well, but I wouldn't mind if she went to Tsumugu either, since he's a nice guy. Hikari's got Chisaki as well, even though I don't see that happening either. Even if nothing happens between him and Manaka, I'm sure that by the series' end, he'd have grown up to be a man, and then we'll have loads of Hikari/OC fics popping up so he can have someone.

Not that I don't think Hikari/*insert character* hasn't already happened somewhere, but I think the OC fics are gonna be more acceptable. Or they're still gonna make Hikari/Manaka fics either way even if she ends up with Tsumugu. Because shippers are insane.
    I survived Pupa.

Im all for Hikari x Miuna. Chisaki is to scared to change, Manaka doesnt wanna be with Hikari cause of Chisaki and Tsumugu likes the sea

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Im all for Hikari x Miuna.
    ...but isn't she going to become his niece-in-law? I get where you're coming from, but... um...

I'm going to be safer with Hikari/Sayu.
    I survived Pupa.

I want Chisaki x Hikari. Even if it's the least likely one, it seems like it'll work the best
    Douglas Adams

...but isn't she going to become his niece-in-law? I get where you're coming from, but... um...

I'm going to be safer with Hikari/Sayu.
    Sayu is in love with the other dude. and there not blood related so its coool

New episode was good

I'm interested about how they're going to go about this, since while it seems a problem, they'll probably find a way around it
    Douglas Adams

New episode was good

I'm interested about how they're going to go about this, since while it seems a problem, they'll probably find a way around it
    Thats wat im wondering like im sure they will stop the apocalypse but then wat will the 2nd cour be about

Wait, what just happened at the end? I saw and heard that correctly, right?

I don't want anyone to go to sleep 8(... it's going to be really sad if they end up doing that at the half-way mark.
    I survived Pupa.

Okay so I marathoned this last night, now I'm all caught up.

First, the animation is gorgeous. It's P.A. Works so that's a given. But with the exception of Uchouten Kazoku, which I have yet to watch, this is their best looking show in a while. It has a very unique style and setting that is easy to fall in love with. Life under the sea looks comfortable and fun and that really helps draw the viewer in. The world they've created here is one I want to visit, like Hanasaku Iroha.

Speaking of Hanasaku Iroha, guess what show has a strong cast of characters? This one. Each member of the cast is interesting and a bit relatable in their own way. The side characters and people they meet at school just keep adding to the wonderful ensemble they have going on. The love conga line is done in the right way. You feel frustration and sadness with the characters but never towards them or the show. Hikari has been a treat as a main character, he's fun to watch at the beginning when he's a confused angry jerkass, and his character development has been so solid. Manaka is adorable, Chisaki is relatable, the only thing is Kaname who's just kinda been... there the whole time. I spent a few scenes just looking at him saying "Who are you?" He hasn't detracted from the show at all though, and with his entrance into the love game hopefully he'll become more interesting. The two little girls are cute, if a little too smart for their age. They're written like older people so it can be a bit weird. Akari and her new family that the show has built up are very pleasant to watch, it's easy to root for them. So yeah, best cast since HanaIro.

Third, the story itself has been great. It's been going at a great pace, no moment is ever wasted. Every episode has been filled with interesting or emotional character interactions from the get go. The love conga line is done well, like I said before, and the overall plot that's been seeping its way in is both interesting and a great setup for more character stuff. The whole thing is just handled so well it seems like a natural progression but it's really great writing.

It's too bad I had to skip watching this for so long but it's been a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to more.

Edit: Just watched the newest episode. Wow. Things were said.

Also Manaka's mother said "Ara" and I immediately recognized it was Alicia's voice from Aria. It's her signature.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 19th December 2013 at 7:25 PM.

Do you guys think the 4 of them will hibernate?

It seems like they're really leaning towards that, with some people already hibernating and stuff
    Douglas Adams

Good news everyone! Yanagi Nagi is performing the second opening as well. Now to just sit back and hope it's as eargasmic as Aqua Terrarium.

In other news this show is as great as ever.
    My Anime List

Do you guys think the 4 of them will hibernate?

It seems like they're really leaning towards that, with some people already hibernating and stuff
    I think they're gonna save the day with that Ofenehiki they've been building up to.

On the other hand I could see an episode ending with "Oh no! ____ fell into hibernation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Good news everyone! Yanagi Nagi is performing the second opening as well. Now to just sit back and hope it's as eargasmic as Aqua Terrarium.
    I find it funny since she did the OP to Ano Natsu de Matteru which had a similar love conga line going on. Also "nagi" is in her name twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I find it funny since she did the OP to Ano Natsu de Matteru which had a similar love conga line going on. Also "nagi" is in her name twice.
    I should have said ending, not opening. Either way it is the same two artists for Ano Natsu, Ray with the OP (who is also doing the second OP) and Yanagi Nagi with the ED.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I think they're gonna save the day with that Ofenehiki they've been building up to.
    Something tells me they're not after watching the recent episode 8'(, and I don't want them to fall asleep. It's going to be so sad...

I don't like watching the previews so as to keep the suspense fresh, so I wonder if the wedding is next episode. It's probably going to be one of those bittersweet weddings, and it's going to hurt to watch. Especially since now I've come to respect the father some more, so if he breaks down, I'm going to break down.
    I survived Pupa.

It's probably going to be one of those bittersweet weddings
    The Lannisters send their regards.

I don't often watch previews either, though I have been doing so for Kill la Kill and Kyoukai no Kanata since Tumblr always spoils those for me anyways.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast