Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nagi no Asukara

I think we need to graph this love...shape...line? I feel like i'm the only on that doesn't much for Manaka yet.

Either way, I'm finally caught up and I have to say that this is possibly the best looking show this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    The Lannisters send their regards.
    Oh god, the rage that'd be had if we got given a red wedding.... Though I wouldn't really call the red wedding bittersweet.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Oh god, the rage that'd be had if we got given a red wedding.... Though I wouldn't really call the red wedding bittersweet.
    Only part that was sweet was just the wow factor, really.

EDIT: SPEAKING OF THE RED WEDDING I HAD THE SAME REACTION THIS WEEK. JESUS WHAT AN EPISODE.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 27th December 2013 at 5:44 AM.

P.A. Works?! What are you doing?! P.A. Works! Stahp! I wasn't ready! Oh God, I wasn't ready for that (´;Д;`)!

*quickly goes to happy place*
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

**** me. I don't even know what to say...
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- Timeskip?:

Spoiler:- Timeskip?:
    Was shown at Comiket, seems pretty damn legit.

Also, Tsumugu is totally staring right at Chisaki.
    My Anime List

Was shown at Comiket, seems pretty damn legit.

Also, Tsumugu is totally staring right at Chisaki.
    He is, seems to be looking straight to me

either way, i wanted feels

but i wasn't ready for them

I didn't see the ending of the latest episode coming. Unpredictable, but what happens now?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

*still crying forever*
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I really don't know what to say other than this show is still great, still piling on the feels, and is handling its timeskip very, very well.

I felt like crying at some point in the episode. Feel really bad for Chisaki, and am still really confused on what happen.

On the other hand, I'm jumping off ship for Chisaki x Hikari, and going for Hikari x Miuna

...Even if it is a bit weird

Also Sayu x Kaname
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

This is just too amazing.

Also I'm Nagi!OTPing Manaka x Sea Slug. Don't you guys just see the hints? Even more obvious in the newest op, she was sleeping with it!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    On the other hand, I'm jumping off ship for Chisaki x Hikari, and going for Hikari x Miuna

...Even if it is a bit weird
    I only just realized this episode that he's technically her UNCLE. So yeah, a bit weird.

I only just realized this episode that he's technically her UNCLE. So yeah, a bit weird.
    Well, they're not blood related, and that hasn't stopped the industry before, right?

Plus, I don't see Manaka really coming back
    Douglas Adams

First OP and ED were better, these two are still great though.

Love how they handled the time skip, giving us small glimpses of what has happened in the five years that has passed since two weeks ago. I'm interested to see where they go with the sea people. Kaname will obviously come back, but what about the rest of them? Especially Manaka? I need more now.

There's no blood relation, I honestly don't see the problem... It might be weird for Akira (I think that's his name) though, his sister and his mother's brother and all.

EDIT: Also, damn, Chisaki be hot.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 10th January 2014 at 5:24 PM.
    My Anime List

Plus, I don't see Manaka really coming back
    I think it'll be saved for later. Like Jolteon said, Kaname's obviously coming back, but Manaka was in the OP as well.

EDIT: Also, damn, Chisaki be hot.
    We need more kancho pranks in anime.

Akira has the right idea. He fulfilled the requirement to get is own show.

I think it'll be saved for later. Like Jolteon said, Kaname's obviously coming back, but Manaka was in the OP as well.
    I think they'll both come back, too. They'll probably both come back

I mean, for Manaka though, she'll probably become a replacement Sea God. Like, she'll talk to them for an episode, they'll all be really upset, and then never be seen again
    Douglas Adams

She's the cutest character, they can't get rid of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    She's the cutest character, they can't get rid of her.
    Miuna disagrees:

Douglas Adams

Miuna disagrees:

Miuna must've done it in a yandere rage, then.

And wait, I thought Kaname did come back. Wasn't that him driving the car?
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    And wait, I thought Kaname did come back. Wasn't that him driving the car?
    Nah, that was one of the guys who Hikari fought with at first, you know, back when Hikari was a giant douche.
    My Anime List

I was encouraged to give this show a try, and I'm all caught up now. The pace feels quite gradual, but I'm really glad it's a two-season show because I feel there's much more development to come for many of the characters. I'm not saying the development has been woefully insufficient or anything, but there are a lot of characters in this show, and the focus thus far has been squarely on Hikari and Manaka. Recently, though, I've come to appreciate Chisaki more, and it looks like I'll be seeing more from her in episodes to come.

This five year timeskip is a really exciting idea. Not only does it shift the focus towards characters who need more screentime, but it also forces their situations to change in different ways - Miuna is older now, and she's coped without Hikari for five years, so I'm expecting to see more emotional moments from her that aren't related to fear of people she loves leaving her; time has stopped for Hikari (and maybe Kaname when he returns) which will change his relationships with everyone else... the only one I'm a little worried about is Tsumugu. So far, he's felt like a device to cut down on the inner monologue (since Manaka and Chisaki have both used him as a sounding board) and a necessary romantic conflict for Manaka. He's had a fair bit of screentime, but I'd like him to open up to his friends more, because I find him difficult to sympathise with right now. I would also love for this timeskip to encourage characters I thought I knew to surprise me now, particularly someone like Akari who I find a bit dull.

I was worried about an angst overload before I watched the show, and there is a lot of angst, but as long as it serves to deepen the characters rather than to eat away at them and dominate their personalities, I have no problem with it. And I think so far, the series has handled angst well. The only problem with this show is that it's another Thursday anime, which I think will make it my fourth (this is assuming that Animax releases Chunibyo on Thursdays too)!
    Last edited by TotalPotato; 16th January 2014 at 2:50 AM.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

This was a really nice episode. Shows how well Miuna and Hikari interact. And really pushing that relationship, too

Also, Kaname's appearance at the end
    Douglas Adams

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast