Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

Default Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

We've Come to Kalos Region! Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Ash has finally made it to the Kalos region with Alexa and Pikachu. Ash is eager to start his journey through the region, declaring that he will win this time, and so rushes to the Gym. However, the gym malfunctions and tries to kill Ash, but luckily Clemont was nearby to rescue him. Ash is relieved and challenges Clemont to a battle, not knowing he is the Gym Leader, but part way through the battle, Team Rocket appears...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Really liked this episode.

Thought it was a nice introduction to the XY series of the anime.

It wasn't supposed to be all about action and excitement, it was supposed to introduce the major players of the series and they did just that.

Very nice.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

You could move the posts as well but was easier to delete them ! XD

BAck to the ep. It was a really really nice episode.

Good things:
    -Ash, Clemont Bonnie dynamic. They functioned really well. Bonnie was part of the crew the moment she got "thunderbolt-ed"!
    -The mystery about Clemont is nice and hopefully will be good layered,
    -TR was entertaining and strong, not that easy of an fight-

AWESOME things:
    -Ash vs Clemont. The way Bunnelby fought and moved was tremendous. The way the used it ears was just great. Mud shot animation perfect.
    -Clemont-Bunnelby chemistry right on the Top. Doubt B is his newly caught poke. And the nood when Ash complimented his efforts was just the perfect inch.

Little bad but still good things:
    -Serena. Her small introduction was nice played and funny. But she should´ve get a bit more screen time. But I believe they will feature her heavily in XY02 and beyond.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Yeah, wish Serena had shown up more, but her short appearance at the beginning was good too, then transition to Ash's arrival. Hope she has more screen time in the next episode, but looks like there'll be a lot going on anyway. He's really enthusiastic about everything at the moment, but I liked the battle a lot- pretty even between both of them, with both Pokemon getting good hits in and pretty good animation too. Clement and Bonnie seem like fun new characters too, Clement's backpack seems pretty neat too with its gadgets. As well as the mystery of what's up with why Clement isn't at his gym, however long that lasts.

Good beginning, and even appreciate little details like Clement picking up both his and Ash's backpacks while they're rushing off to get Froakie healed.

Looks like the special screening on the website isn't up anymore, either that it it just doesn't work in mobile. I saw the pictures and I guess I can go off of that.

I really liked the first episode, it wasn't overwhelming or rushed like I thought it would be, and I really like how incredibly serious Froakie is, really reminded me of Treecko a lot. Hopefully he does end up fully evolving and becoming a water parallel to Sceptile.

I'm REALLY glad Clemont wasn't degraded to some newbie gym leader that doesn't know what he's doing. Using the battlefield to his advantage and countering Pikachu's electric moves really impressed me and it was great to watch. Although I was hoping Bunnelby was going to lose, that Quick Attack looked like it hit way too hard for it to not faint.

It was great seeing Wobbuh again and although it was shirt, Serena's introduction was really well done.

Overall, great episode and a really nice start to the saga.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    the first episode is available for special viewing for a limited time online with an ID and password received at events in japan this past weekend.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/xysp/

i will share with you the info...
    ID: POKEMONXY
    password: 20131017

please enjoy!
    Really thanks for the link and ID.

The episode was good and interesting.

Things to note, the Raichu which was in the background was drawn oddly.

They changed Iron Tail's animation (which was also notable in the Opening Theme which we got last Thursday). Wonder why, since the BW animation for it looked more realistic.

Another interesting aspect is that when Clemont returned Bunnelby to its Pokéball, he thanked it for its work (which Ash also usually does) and the Pokéball shaked in response which has never happened before.

Really great episode, in my opinion. Was a good introduction to Everything, and even managed to introduce a battle. A battle with a Bunnelby turned out to be better made than a battle with Lucario, haha. Love the animations.

Wobbuffet was Epic, and Froakie was Amazing, really glad he seems to be the 'main starter'. Can't wait to see him evolve into a Water Powerhouse. We've had Grass (Sceptile) and Fire (Charizard and Infernape), so now should be Water's time.

And Serena seems awesome. I wonder when she will actually meet the others.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Really thanks for the link and ID.

The episode was good and interesting.

Things to note, the Raichu which was in the background was drawn oddly.

They changed Iron Tail's animation (which was also notable in the Opening Theme which we got last Thursday). Wonder why, since the BW animation for it looked more realistic.

Another interesting aspect is that when Clemont returned Bunnelby to its Pokéball, he thanked it for its work (which Ash also usually does) and the Pokéball shaked in response which has never happened before.
    I think they changed the Iron Tail animation because it's easier to animate.Thus,the battle scenes are much more fluid.They don't have to use stock animation for Pikachu getting a metalic tail.

I liked the episode.It was entertaining.I have to say...I absolutely love Bonnie.She's my new favourite character.She's just so dinamic and fun.I kept looking at her and thinking "She has Flabebe hair".Wich is why I think she'll catch one.Or Clemont will catch one for her.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 15th October 2013 at 3:17 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

This episode is almost like DP1 in reverse. One was all about the girl with a few seconds of Ash at the end, the other was all Ash with a few seconds of the girl at the the beginning.

One thing i forgot to mention. The Tele/Video Phones in Kalos have a really interesting design. Its a mix of both the old style & the functioning of advance technology.

A really enjoyable episode and a great way to kick off the new XY Saga. I love Froakie already and although her part was quite short, I love Serena too!

Bring on Thursday!
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

how can i watch this episode i need to put a ID?

Oh this is up already. I'll just say I really enjoyed the episode. This is the first time I didn't get a headache watching Ash, I actually enjoyed his character here! There may be hope for me yet. Clemont and Bonnie are wonderful. Bonnie wasn't what I expected in this episode but I loved her all the same. Clemont's Bunnelby was a great Pokemon to watch in action. It felt even with Pikachu without downgrading the yellow mouse. Serena only appeared at the start but I enjoyed her for that morning scene alone. I loved that offscreen scream, I guess playable protagonist girls have a habit of being pecked by cute little birds when they sleep. It was a nice nod to the opening of the games. No real complaints. I enjoyed the introduction of Clemont and Bonnie and their characters, I enjoyed Serena's wake up with Fletchling, I enjoyed Froakie and Bunnelby, I even enjoyed Ash and Team Rocket. A series must be good if I enjoyed these guys. I have a good vibe with XY that I didn't have with the last series and I think I'll stick around for this one
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

This is what they should have done with the battle against Trip instead of using Zekrom as plot device. Clemont was a very competent trainer. I do wonder why Bonnie and him were uneasy. I don't see why people would have a problem with Serena's screen time. It's better that she got her introduction here instead of just being thrown into the fray.

Serena's mom had a nice deign and actually looked like a healthy woman. (I wonder how Johanna survives).

Froakie was awesome. It's my favorite Kalos starter and this did justice. Although I wonder why Water Shuriken was used with bubbles/foam when in the games it is water discs. Unless that wasn't Water Shuriken and just Froakie's natural ability considering that Wobbuffet couldn't Mirror Coat or Counter it.

Oh,and I forgot to add...Fletchling was adorable!OMG!Cutest bird ever.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

thanks so much for the info so far this 1st episode is better then the best wishes 1st episode and that battle with ash against clemont is amazing
    Nintendo 3ds friend code 5386-7721-6796 add me if you want to battle or trade
    I try to get along with everyone I completely support Ash and Serena pairing i Support Amourshipping

This episode was enjoyable for me. I loved Serena's introduction, it kinda reminded me of Dawn's a little. I'm loving Bonnie also, she's an interesting character to me. I also loved how Ash's battle with Clemont seemed even. Clemont does seem to be a competent trainer and the battle actually felt more like a DP styled battle to me. I am also enjoying Ash's character so far, which hasn't happened in years. Heck even Team Rocket doesn't even seem to be that bad so far, and they seemed to be more competent. I think this episode should get a 9/10 rating.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Now that I've seen the full episode, I gotta say Ash VS Clemont was a godsend

I can't believe Ash was actually using strategy in this battle like he did with Sinnoh. Realizing that Bunnelby might be Ground type and telling Pikachu to use Iron Tail, and then telling it to use a direct Electro Ball while Bunnelby had hold of Pikachu was something we haven't seen in a very, very long time. I never liked Electro Ball but the strategic way it was used in this episode was incredible.

It's like BW was just a break for the writers so they could save all the good stuff fie X&Y and just prepare the new viewers on what to expect in the future. That battle alone was better than almost all of the Unova League battles IMO, and now I get why Bunnelby didn't faint after all those strong attacks by Pikachu: Clemont being the 5th Gym Leader means he knows a lot more than the usual starting leaders do and he actually raised his Bunnelby to handle Pokemon as strong as Pikachu.

The whole battle felt like it came right from DP or AG. Both trainers were using strategy and made the battle interesting instead of mindlessly calling out moves.

Good freakin show writers.

At first I was like.

This battles okay.

Then I saw dat Iron tail fail.

And I was like DAMNIT ASH. WHY DO YOU FAIL EVERY TI-

oh.

Oh you did that on purpose?

OHSHI-*electroball'd*

Have to admit, that and Serena getting pissed at the fletchling were the highlights of this episode for me. Team rocket was okay. Wobbefet was nice seeing return. I almost missed his sound.

But seriously.

Keep the battles like this and I will love this series at least at some level.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    At first I was like.

This battles okay.

oh.

OHSHI-*electroball'd*
    Have to say that compared to the first battle Ash had in the previous regions (like Hoenn, Sinnoh & Unova), this battle really showcased Ash as a experienced trainer.

I mean he understood what he was doing and was able to act really quickly to unexpected situation (while staying calm) and then figure out how to counter them.

This showcased with his reaction towards Pikachu taking the Double Slap and then using that Iron Tail & Electro Ball combo.

Also their is the fact that Wobbuffet seems to have received some good amount of training in the TR Headquarters.

I mean in its entire appearances until now, Wobbuffet was never this good nor was it able to utilize its move properly.
    It always had timing problem and in many cases used the opposite counters (like using Counter instead of Mirror Coat). And it never successfully dodged attacks before either.

Can I just say the way Clemont runs is hilarious? xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Now that I've seen the full episode, I gotta say Ash VS Clemont was a godsend

I can't believe Ash was actually using strategy in this battle like he did with Sinnoh. Realizing that Bunnelby might be Ground type and telling Pikachu to use Iron Tail, and then telling it to use a direct Electro Ball while Bunnelby had hold of Pikachu was something we haven't seen in a very, very long time. I never liked Electro Ball but the strategic way it was used in this episode was incredible.

It's like BW was just a break for the writers so they could save all the good stuff fie X&Y and just prepare the new viewers on what to expect in the future. That battle alone was better than almost all of the Unova League battles IMO, and now I get why Bunnelby didn't faint after all those strong attacks by Pikachu: Clemont being the 5th Gym Leader means he knows a lot more than the usual starting leaders do and he actually raised his Bunnelby to handle Pokemon as strong as Pikachu.

The whole battle felt like it came right from DP or AG. Both trainers were using strategy and made the battle interesting instead of mindlessly calling out moves.

Good freakin show writers.
    I have to agree.It was unexpected to see Ash actually using his head.

I bet the battles will be great this season.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Can I just say the way Clemont runs is hilarious? xD
    Why am I not surprised that's the moment you remember the most in the entire episode xD! It was hilarious. I liked Bonnie. She was cute but at the same time not annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    At first I was like.

This battles okay.

oh.

OHSHI-*electroball'd*

Have to admit, that and Serena getting pissed at the fletchling were the highlights of this episode for me. Team rocket was okay. Wobbefet was nice seeing return. I almost missed his sound.

But seriously.

Keep the battles like this and I will love this series at least at some level.
    My reactions exactly. Not going to lie but the main reason why I watch this series is battles (I am a battle fanatic). And if the battles are this good, I am going to watch each episofe of this saga a million times.

Certainly, a memorable first region battle.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

This was a really great debut episode.
    Some highlights for me:
    - Ash VS Clemont battle - the way Ash battled showed how experienced he was (unlike BW) and he had a good strategy as well Kudos to this battle! I love how they made Clemont appear strong without decreasing Ash's performance in return. Overall, amazing first battle for XY
    - Bonnie's cuteness - this girl is so kawaii. I love her personality and the way her eyes sparkled when she was holding Pikachu. She was portrayed young but without being annoying in the process.
    - Clemont - I LOVE Clemont! I have a feeling he is going to be one of my favourites this series (all of them appear to be hehe). I love how he is such a passionate inventor. And omg his run in the end was hilarious xD
    - Serena's opening - haha that scream! And she is just so adorable omg (that bow <3). She has the best design out of any of the female characters in my opinion
    - Froakie - that thing is a boss. 'Nuff said,

I didn't care much about Wobbuffet (meh, never liked it) or Alexa in this episode.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

That was really great. I love Bonnie and Clemont as I knew I would. And I was pretty surprised to see Ash coming up with tactics quickly, especially when Bunnelby grabbed Pikachu's tail.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast