Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 276 to 287 of 287

Thread: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I can't agree with you at all on your logic about how characters should sound older because it makes sense....because this is the anime where no one ever ages at all. The explanation for different voices is that the dubbing company changed to tpci and they got different VA's. It isn't realistic for someone's voice to completely aound different overnight.
    They did age (Both in Japanesse and in English versions). It wasn't until Bw when both versions decided to throw that all out the window. Yes, TPCi got new VA's (thankfully) But they could've keppt the old ones if they wanted to. Plus their voices didn't change overnight, whter it was Veronica or Sarah, if you pay close ot attention as the series go on, Ash's voice continues to slowy change.
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

    [IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    So I saw this episode for the first time since its premiere and I have to say that while I feel it was a good episode and a nice start to the saga, it still rates below Episode 2 for me. Most of this episode was set up. We are introduced to Serena and her mom. Ash arrives in Kalos and searches for a Gym. Ash sees Mega Blaziken. Alexa tells him that her sister's Gym isn't located in Lumiose City and suggests the Gym in Lumiose City instead. Ash goes to Lumiose Gym and is denied. Clemont and Bonnie save him and introduce themselves and we meet Bunnelby Team Rocket introduces themselves to Clemont and Bonnie. The group is introduced to Froakie. So it's mostly set up for things to come and not nearly as eventful as the following episode. But two things stood out to me. One was the battle between Pikachu and Bunnelby, which I thought was a well choreographed battle with good strategy on both sides and the other was the way TR was portrayed in this episode. They managed to put up a good fight before Froakie came in. Another thing I would like to note is why Ash thought he could challenge the Lumiose Gym with only one Pokémon. Ash should know by now that the Gyms mostly have 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 battles. Shouldn't he have thought to catch more Pokémon first?

    Overall, a good episode but not as good as Episode 2.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XY Rules View Post
    They did age (Both in Japanesse and in English versions). It wasn't until Bw when both versions decided to throw that all out the window.
    No, nobody aged in JPN or in English-- factually wrong.

    Yet again, you're wrong: in the DP Era via an Interview with WPM and Masamitsu Hidaka, it was confirmed Ash is 10 and ageless.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 23rd May 2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    No, nobody aged in JPN or in English-- factually wrong.

    Yet again, you're wrong: in the DP Era via an Interview with WPM and Masamitsu Hidaka, it was confirmed Ash is 10 and ageless.
    i think most of us already know that ash did not even age , why are we still into this when we already knew it from the start - i guess some people really can't move on because they can't accept the fact that ash has age or not.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    i think most of us already know that ash did not even age , why are we still into this when we already knew it from the start - i guess some people really can't move on because they can't accept the fact that ash has age or not.
    Yeah, exactly: it's called denial, my friend.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  6. #281
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    The most memorable thing is when Satoshi and Citron having the first battle for me and a great introduction for Pokémon XY. Nice reference for using examples from real life when Citron ask Horubee to use its ears for defending. Keromatsu was very brave since it took a Mirror Coat of Electro Ball although it depends on the damage that Sonans took.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    The start of the XY series, definitely started with a bang! Loved how the episode felt, the characters were good here, and the overall interactions were good. Loved the part in the battle where it looked like Clemont and Ash were neck and neck, it's nice to see Ash not acting like a moron at the start. The battle was truly excellent. Clemont was the best here, then Ash was also good, Alexa is decent, Bonnie is below average, while TR is the worst part. I didn't like seeing them interrupt the battle, but Wobbuffet being super charged was funny. Froakie is good, loved how reserved he is.

    Is overall this was a good episode and a great introduction to XY. I'll give this episode a 9/10, by far the second best XY episode I've seen so far.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    it's nice to see Ash not acting like a moron at the start.
    nah he did act like a crybaby during the start when he was pleading for a challenge asking alexa to let viola challenge him.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerenaForTheWin View Post
    nah he did act like a crybaby during the start when he was pleading for a challenge asking alexa to let viola challenge him.
    That was just for comical purposes, after all Ash is always like this. It's something that'll never change, and he's ten years old anyway.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    387

    Default

    It was a good opening episode. Serena's introduction was very similar to Dawn's. The only thing that surprised me was that they decided to animate fingernails now. I wonder what prompted that change.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

  11. #286
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    It was a good opening episode. Serena's introduction was very similar to Dawn's. The only thing that surprised me was that they decided to animate fingernails now. I wonder what prompted that change.
    I think the writers wants to show Pansy and casual wear Musashi with coloured finger nails. But I am surprised that Serena does not have them coloured since she cares about her appearance.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    This first episode really gave me a good feeling for this next season. It paced well, the battle between Ash and Clemont looked pretty even and most of all they didn't make Pikachu look weak. I really hope the Best Wishes writers really did get fired because Unova was average at best.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •