Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

this 1st episode was amazing i loved seeing ash using tactics and clemont and him were pretty evenly matched i liked that pikachu didnt get taken down so easily to me this battle was a draw so far this new season is amazing and seeing ash be serious and using tactics was amazing cant wait to see more episodes
    Nintendo 3ds friend code 5386-7721-6796 add me if you want to battle or trade
    I try to get along with everyone I completely support Ash and Serena pairing i Support Amourshipping

I really have high hopes from Froakie everything about him just reminds me of Treecko.

This was a pretty good opening in my opinion, Ash was really good here too which I liked, he said in the BW series every time he enters a new region he gets excited so of course he goes a little nuts at the start of the episode but he gets more serious and better at fighting. I can say, he's almost AG Ash maybe

Animation was killer, course we won't stay like this forever but...Liking the new characters, that gym leader and Ash almost seemed like brothers again my opinion and I really liked his scenes with Bonnie, they were so cute

Can't wait till Serena meets up with them, really liking her so far. Man, can't wait for episode two

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I loved the battle! I'm so, so, so glad they did a battle in which Ash used strategies and his head instead of just flopping around. I was getting irritated at first until I realized Clemont is actually an experienced gym trainer as well! Ha. So they turned out to be matched well. I wish we could have seen a full battle without Team Rocket getting in the way. I feel like we often don't see battles fought until the end, with the exception of gym battles.

I will say I wish they had done something different with Serena to introduce her rather than esentially the same introduction as we received with Dawn. I like when May was introduced, plus it was fun because she had that complex with pokemon. We'll see, so far it's looking really good.

Plus I loved Froakies BA Treecko attitude! That was refreshing. It was cute with Chikorita, but it started to get annoying with Oshawott. Not to mention, it looks like Ash will only get one starter in this region, which opens up spots for a variety of different pokemon.

Well first of all, I loved the music throughout the episode. It sounded lovely. I also loved how excited Ash was when he saw new Pokemon around the city. I even liked the Gym thing where Ash got shocked and thrown out. I thought it would be a little too violent and unnecessary, but the animators managed to make it funny; I even liked when Bonnie caught Pikachu and then got shocked by it. Clemont's voice was dreamy which gave me renewed hope for his character, and seeing Froakie sleeping in the tree while Ash was talking to Clemont and Bonnie was cute. Team Rocket's appearance was predictable, but they handled themselves well for the most part and Froakie's interference was shocking; I didn't think he would get hurt during that battle but at least it left a cliffhanger. I already gave my thoughts on the battle between Ash and Clemont in the other thread, so I'll just end by saying that the episode was good. A solid 8/10 for me.

Thank god they didn't degrade the rat again by making him lose to some starter Pokemon. Pikachu was respectable.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    This was a pretty good opening in my opinion, Ash was really good here too which I liked, he said in the BW series every time he enters a new region he gets excited so of course he goes a little nuts at the start of the episode but he gets more serious and better at fighting. I can say, he's almost AG Ash maybe

Animation was killer, course we won't stay like this forever but...Liking the new characters, that gym leader and Ash almost seemed like brothers again my opinion and I really liked his scenes with Bonnie, they were so cute

Can't wait till Serena meets up with them, really liking her so far. Man, can't wait for episode two
    How do you know that?BW didn't have better animation at the start.It seemed better because it was an upgrade from the DP one...well,they upgraded the attacks,most of wich required CGI and stock animation.BW used stock animation from the very first episode...XY didn't.

About this episode, this confirms my dislike of Clemont. Why? When Clemont has the googles brighting he looks ugly for me. He already doesn't look beautiful and his antics make things worse. (Note: I have no problem with his design as a Gym Leader; I have little problem if it's a recurring character; but I have a lot of problem as a companions). Never any companion has giving me those type of trouble, (even TR and many of the rivals). At least Bonnie is beautiful.

I don't have with Serena's design fortunately. Although it mirrors 100% the games literally, which I don't like. I don't like that his mum is unnamed wither. Although seeing Rhyhorn is cool and the scene is funny.

-TR are competent and funny in this episode. Wobbuffet has become stronger (but he will lose very often). I think that we are dealing with Johto Wobbuffet and not Sinnoh Wobbuffet, which I like.

-No flashing backgrounds in the episode. I have to know if this is for the first 2 episodes, or for all the series. I doubt that there's any stock animation here or the next episode, but I doubt that the series won't have flashy backgrounds for good. (And I know that Pikachu's Quick Attack is stocked; but yes, with different background).

-I loike that Ash doesn't get resetted in this episode, like I predicted (mainly because if he reset it's a serious problem). The battle is unresolved, that for this case it's fine.

About the opening and the ending, in his thread.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

The episode's interesting. Makes me look forward to future episodes. On another note, froakie reminded me of oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    About this episode, this confirms my dislike of Clemont. Why? When Clemont has the googles brighting he looks ugly for me. He already doesn't look beautiful and his antics make things worse. (Note: I have no problem with his design as a Gym Leader; I have little problem if it's a recurring character; but I have a lot of problem as a companions). Never any companion has giving me those type of trouble, (even TR and many of the rivals). At least Bonnie is beautiful.

I don't have with Serena's design fortunately. Although it mirrors 100% the games literally, which I don't like. I don't like that his mum is unnamed wither. Although seeing Rhyhorn is cool and the scene is funny.

-TR are competent and funny in this episode. Wobbuffet has become stronger (but he will lose very often). I think that we are dealing with Johto Wobbuffet and not Sinnoh Wobbuffet, which I like.

-No flashing backgrounds in the episode. I have to know if this is for the first 2 episodes, or for all the series. I doubt that there's any stock animation here or the next episode, but I doubt that the series won't have flashy backgrounds for good. (And I know that Pikachu's Quick Attack is stocked; but yes, with different background).

-I loike that Ash doesn't get resetted in this episode, like I predicted (mainly because if he reset it's a serious problem). The battle is unresolved, that for this case it's fine.

About the opening and the ending, in his thread.
    We've yet to see a single scene with 'flashing backgrounds' in any preview, I Believe. But we did see 'stock footage' in this episode. Pikachu using Thunderbolt. ^^ However, as long as the background is the actual background, I'm fine with that, cuz' that Thunderbold animation is gorgeous.

@Nacreous
    You can see Pikachu's Thunderbolt being stock footage, but at least the background seems to Always fit from now on, which is nice. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

The episode was rushed, but not terrible. My only problem with the two blonde siblings is it is I feel like I don't know them too well, I mean I know them but I don't feel like I know them know them just quite yet and the episode didn't convey their sense of grandeur and newness as much as I hoped it would. In Iris's intro we learned she thinks of Ash as being kinda kiddish and wants to meet Zekrom and her and Satoshi even slept together and all. Of course since this is a multiple part intro episode I guess we'll have to wait, after all they have all of the next episode to earn their keeps so needn't not worry. Citron was amusing naturally and I liked his Horubi, I liked how his newly gotten Horubi managed to corner Pikachu and do so much damage like that and make him struggle so much. Citron obviously trained it to be quite a formidable battler, he makes the best use of its ears in combat and it's conditioned well, it even took a direct ElecBall to the face, dodged nearly everything thrown its way and had the energy to keep trucking and deal with TR, it seems to have Double Slap, Dig, Double Team and Mud Shot so it has a full course set. It's obviously a savant, I wish TR didn't appear and the battle was conclusive with Horubi taking out Pikachu because ultimately I think Citron deserved it more.

From Satoshi's side, the only thing I was really fond of was that close-range ElecBall. The animation for it made it awfully clean and resolute and look tons much more powerful. I don't think Pikachu would have made the cut and would have been mowed down by Horubi and it wouldn't have been too shocking with Iron Tail dodged, Thunderbolt neutralized with ElecBall likely falling to a similar fate and Quick Attack not being overly hard to sponge. Along with Horubi's strong ears, agility and super-effective Mud Shot/Dig and Citron's establishment as a strong trainer, I wouldn't have seen anything else. Onward I have to say I don't feel like I got enough of Eureka's character, her facial expressions and behaviors were cute and amusing but I don't feel as though I saw enough to her. I'm sure once her brother catches Dedenne she'll join the action more often. I liked how Citron got a sense of Pikachu and Satoshi and what they're about during the ElecBall to the face.

The Rockets use of Sonansu was refreshing but ultimately I'm not gonna be too happy if this is the status quo in XY in most episodes. I'm here for innovation am not fond of TR appearing every episode and following the same Pikachu-stealing pattern, I don't mind them being serious because they were actually impactful to the plot of the series for once with a purpose besides being comedic relief. But now that they're back to being solely just comedy relief I'm quickly gonna tire of their characters once more. Shame, because they can be so much more. Even comedic characters aren't solely defined by their comedy and nothing else, Sokka from ATLA is a fine example of a character who is not comedic relief but often has his comedy moments who developed well and was of worth to the show. TR aren't that.

The resolution was rushed with Kerometsu coming in and saving the day, another criticism I have of this episode is why Kerometsu just randomly decided to follow Satoshi. "He's the main character" is not a valid excuse, this Kerometsu probably comes across tons of trainers a day. Why it would give a care to follow Satoshi out of the blue is beyond strange and annoyed me, because it basically tells me the writers wanted it to follow and take interest in him because the plot called for it. That's just lazy. I liked seeing Kerometsu being smart and using its bubbles to restrict Sonansu's movement enough for the Pokemon to send TR into the stratosphere. It showed off Kerometsu's characterization and personality well, it's smart, seems to be kinda chill at times, serious at times and overall seems to not have a one-note personality which is a rarity for a lot of Pokemon in this show and something I like about.

Not a bad intro, just rushed and a bit incoherent at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    We've yet to see a single scene with 'flashing backgrounds' in any preview, I Believe. But we did see 'stock footage' in this episode. Pikachu using Thunderbolt. ^^ However, as long as the background is the actual background, I'm fine with that, cuz' that Thunderbold animation is gorgeous.

@Nacreous
    You can see Pikachu's Thunderbolt being stock footage, but at least the background seems to Always fit from now on, which is nice. ^^
    Well, let's just put it this way: The stock animation received an upgrade. Actually even in Best Wishes, a few stuff like Pignite's Flame Charge seem like they were done the way it is now. I am guessing they have been testing this since then.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Don't pick on my baby. D; Clemont is adorable.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Froakie really showed he will costar as the main pokemon this region with pikachu. I can't wait to see how powerful he gets.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Don't pick on my baby. D; Clemont is adorable.
    I WANT FOGGY GLASSES THE ENTIRE TIME. /Sugomi art.

XD

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Well, let's just put it this way: The stock animation received an upgrade. Actually even in Best Wishes, a few stuff like Pignite's Flame Charge seem like they were done the way it is now. I am guessing they have been testing this since then.
    That is true. Which is good. And it seems that, so far, all stock animation will at least have fitting backgrounds, and that's a big plus for me. ^^ And even the things that 'can't' really be used in stock are very well made. Really pleased so far. A great first episode.

And I am kinda happy Clemont don't Always have foggy glasses. It makes him look cooler when it does happen. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

It was a solid episode. The animation was superb which contributes to the viewers' enjoyment despite the simplicity of the plot. I enjoyed the first view we got of Kalos because it feels "different". For many years we've seen every region look the same, but Kalos' aesthetic differs from the other places. It feels like a romantic place.

The battle was definitely the best part of the episode. We had a glimpse of the Ash we lost after Sinnoh. He seemed shaken by Clemont's power, yet he maintained his composure and delivered brilliant strategies. I hope this quality remains during XY.

What bothered me was Serena's introduction. It was pointless. I fell in love with her the moment she wanted to kill Fletchling, her design is beautiful and I love her voice, but she was useless during the episode. They should have waited to introduce her, maybe at the beginning of her journey, because at least in this episode she had no purpose.

Overall it was a good premiere, not perfect, but enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    It was a solid episode. The animation was superb which contributes to the viewers' enjoyment despite the simplicity of the plot. I enjoyed the first view we got of Kalos because it feels "different". For many years we've seen every region look the same, but Kalos' aesthetic differs from the other places. It feels like a romantic place.

The battle was definitely the best part of the episode. We had a glimpse of the Ash we lost after Sinnoh. He seemed shaken by Clemont's power, yet he maintained his composure and delivered brilliant strategies. I hope this quality remains during XY.

What bothered me was Serena's introduction. It was pointless. I fell in love with her the moment she wanted to kill Fletchling, her design is beautiful and I love her voice, but she was useless during the episode. They should have waited to introduce her, maybe at the beginning of her journey, because at least in this episode she had no purpose.

Becuase the episode was about Ash not Serena unlike in AG and DP, May and Dawn had started their journies in the episodes they were introdue to, Serena doesn't leave her town until tthe end of XY002/3 to start her adventure. They have done this with Misty too, she appeared in OS001 and we didn't know who she was and made her proper debut in OS002 when she found Ash at the Pokemon Center. A character isn't pointless because they don;t 'do anything', it's introduing them to the viewers becuae they will play a major role down the road.

Ignoring Serena's future goal.

Serena's opening was supposed to reflect a day in the life of someone who lives in the Kalos region.

It wasn't pointless because it happened in the beginning of the episode. If they stuck it in the middle of the episode, then sure it would feel pointless. Serena's introduction was more about introducing Kalos region to the viewers, which I think is very clever.

Serena isn't going to be entirely relevant until she sees Ash on TV.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Ignoring Serena's future goal.

Serena's opening was supposed to reflect a day in the life of someone who lives in the Kalos region.

It wasn't pointless because it happened in the beginning of the episode. If they stuck it in the middle of the episode, then sure it would feel pointless. Serena's introduction was more about introducing Kalos region to the viewers, which I think is very clever.

Serena isn't going to be entirely relevant until she sees Ash on TV.
    Actually, I see it this way. The next episode involves Serena watching Ash on Television and this in turn could trigger her to start travelling with Ash. So, she will have to be introduced in the next episode anyway. But, rather than introduce her directly in episode 2, it wouldn't hurt to introduce her one episode early, and use this opportunity to show the scene from the games and use it to introduce the viewers to Kalos region.

The Serena scene thus served two purposes 1) Showing the anime version of the game scene 2) Start the story with a scene that describes the Kalos region. I am not saying it's exactly the best way to start a story, but it's definitely not terrible.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I really enjoyed this episode I feel it was one of the best first episodes of a new saga they have done because to me it had a first episode feel but at the same time it felt like a typical episode as well just with Ash meeting someone having a battle and team rocket coming and trying to steel Pikachu just to be blasted off again. I love how they did not reset Pikachu back to level 5 his battle with Bunnelby was really good and they seamed evenly matched and I loved how impressed Clemont got over Meowth talking I can see him being impressed a lot over team rocket's robots over the course of XY and I enjoyed that the show started off the same way the game does with Fletchling waking up Serena looks like XY will be really good can't wait for episode 2
    3DS Friend Code: 5455-9492-3491

even Pokémon supports the LGBT community

I loved this episode soooo much, I haven't felt this excited watching a new Pokemon episode in a long time. The battle was amazing, the animations, the strategy, them not making Ash look weak(pretty sure he would've won shortly after had TR not interrupted), everything ahhhhh. Team Rocket was cool, Clemont and Bonnie seem enjoyable and my man Froakie is a true man, good lord. Too strong.
    Easily the best first episode since the actual first episode. Can't wait for episode 2 tomorrow. The 1h special airs at the same time slot as Origins did right?
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I loved this episode soooo much, I haven't felt this excited watching a new Pokemon episode in a long time. The battle was amazing, the animations, the strategy, them not making Ash look weak(pretty sure he would've won shortly after had TR not interrupted), everything ahhhhh. Team Rocket was cool, Clemont and Bonnie seem enjoyable and my man Froakie is a true man, good lord. Too strong.
    Easily the best first episode since the actual first episode. Can't wait for episode 2 tomorrow. The 1h special airs at the same time slot as Origins did right?
    It's airing at the usual time Pokemon airs, plus it's eating Naruto's time slot in the process.

Meaning we will be getting two breaks in the future, one for the Iris special, and another for Naruto to make up for it's lost time slot.

But anyway the episode airs on TV Tokyo at the usual same time frame plus the additional time for 2nd episode as well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It's airing at the usual time Pokemon airs, plus it's eating Naruto's time slot in the process.

Meaning we will be getting two breaks in the future, one for the Iris special, and another for Naruto to make up for it's lost time slot.

But anyway the episode airs on TV Tokyo at the usual same time frame plus the additional time for 2nd episode as well.
    Thanks. Origins is the only time I've watched a Pokemon episode live(cause I usually have work at that time, happened to be sick lol), I pretty much knew it had the same time slot as the main series but had to make sure for tomorrow.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

We had a glimpse of the Ash we lost after Sinnoh.
    I detected a little bit of shade, I did.

I agree about Serena's lack of a true role though. Seeing her in bed and being woken up by Fletchling was cute I suppose, but it didn't contribute anything to the episode. I'm more curious about Clemont though; he seemed nervous about something Ash asked him right before they battled, and then Bonnie spoke for him. What was that about?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast