Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

This episode was wonderful and enjoyable, I think I haven't feel so entertained by a Pokémon episode in like 3 years, I was watching the whole time. I felt like I was watching a different anime o.O BW was way too childish but XY feels more like 'regular anime' than kiddish, idk but it felt different..

The battles feel more intense due to camera moving and angles, wow, I hope they remain this style of battle through the arc.

Great introduction for the Kalos saga. 10/10

This episode was freaking amazing. Bunnelby and Froakie were bad ***. Plus Fletchling was freaking adorable <3 <3 <3!!!

10/10 ^_^!!!
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 17th October 2013 at 1:57 AM.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    This episode was freaking amazing. Buneary and Froakie were bad ***. Plus Fletchling was freaking adorable <3 <3 <3!!!

10/10 ^_^!!!
    I think you mean Bunnelby, right? :P

But yeah, the episode was amazing! The introduction to the XY series was great. My favourite part in the episode was the battle between Ash and Clemont. The animation was really well done and I hope it stays this way for the duration of the series.
    I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! 10/10 Got me way too excited for this lol

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I think you mean Bunnelby, right? :P

But yeah, the episode was amazing! The introduction to the XY series was great. My favourite part in the episode was the battle between Ash and Clemont. The animation was really well done and I hope it stays this way for the duration of the series.
    I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! 10/10 Got me way too excited for this lol
    God damn it!! See this is what happens wen you make two pokemon of the same species with pretty similar names lol .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

So here's the voice cast for this episode, for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Froakie was awesome. It's my favorite Kalos starter and this did justice. Although I wonder why Water Shuriken was used with bubbles/foam when in the games it is water discs. Unless that wasn't Water Shuriken and just Froakie's natural ability considering that Wobbuffet couldn't Mirror Coat or Counter it.
    Correct. That's pretty much word-for-word Citron's description of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    The resolution was rushed with Kerometsu coming in and saving the day, another criticism I have of this episode is why Kerometsu just randomly decided to follow Satoshi. "He's the main character" is not a valid excuse, this Kerometsu probably comes across tons of trainers a day. Why it would give a care to follow Satoshi out of the blue is beyond strange and annoyed me, because it basically tells me the writers wanted it to follow and take interest in him because the plot called for it. That's just lazy.
    It seems to mostly just be in the area at the time. It saved Pikachu because of its sense of justice, not because it had any particular fondness for either of the two.
    Last edited by Dephender; 17th October 2013 at 4:57 AM.

The episode starts off at Serena's house.

Serena's mom looks like characters mom from the games.

She tells Fletchling to wake up Serena and after just squeezing through the door's crack, Fletchling flies in her bedroom and wakes Serena up by pecking her, just like in the games.

A Rhyhorn is at Serena's house as well.

Fletchling flies off and then we some of the sights of Kalos, with some of the Kalos Pokemon.

Then we go to Ash and Alexa who are still in the plane flying towards Kalos.

The Opening theme plays.

The plane lands and Ash walks out, screaming that he is from Pallet town.

Alexa follows and then Ash sees a new Kalos Pokemon, Spritzee and two of them are flying around.

Team Rocket are on a roof nearby at the airport and then Wobbuffet comes out of his Pokeball.

Ash then sees a mysterious figure on one of the airport control tower and then it jumps off and Ash jumps away again, on the ground.

Ash and Pikachu are excited.

Ash then walks into the airport and comes across Alexa and Helioptile.

Alex says something and Ash gets annoyed.

Ash and Alexa shakes hands outside of the airport, before runs off to start his journey in Kalos.

He then enters Lumiose city and is excited at all the sights it has to offer.

He then sees a tall building at the centre of the city, which is also a Pokemon gym.

Ash runs into it, expecting a Gym Battle.

He talks to a computer screen and the screen talks back to him and after than Ash gets zapped and falls through a trap floor, which is also a tunnel, which Ash slides down, that leads to the outside of the gym.

Ash flies out and then as he is about to fall, a boy and a girl run towards him and the boy throws a inflatable balloon under Ash, so that Ash lands safely.

The girls picks up Pikachu, which Pikachu doesn't react kindly to. Pikachu then zaps all of them.

Ash tells them of his dream to be a Pokemon Master.

Dare Da? Fletchling

The eyecatch is like Dare da? But it gives a selection of multiple answers.

The answer is Fletchling.

The girl and boy introduce themselves as Clemont and Bonnie.

Meanwhile, a Pokemon is sleeping in a nearby tree.

Ash and Clemont then agree to have a battle on the battlefield next to them.

There's a transition to the next scene, which includes multiple Pokeballs going across the screen.

Ash and Clemont start their battle and Bonnie is the referee.

Ash chooses his only Pokemon at the moment, Pikachu and Clemont chooses his Pokemon Bunnelby.

Bunnelby uses DoubleSlap on Pikachu.

Pikachu goes in for an Iron Tail, but Bunnelby's ears catch it.

Ash then tells Pikachu to use Electro Ball. The attack sends Bunnelby flying down the field.

Pikachu goes in for a Quick Attack, but Team Rocket interrupt and then do their motto.

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on Wobbuffet, but Wobbuffet counters it with Mirror Coat and Pikachu gets hurt.

Pikachu then uses Electro Ball and Bunnelby uses Mud Bomb, or Mud Shot, or Mud Slap.

Wobbuffet uses Mirror Coat again and then the Pokemon who was sleeping in the tree jumps in front of Pikachu and takes the hit.

Ash then commands the Pokemon to attack Wobbuffet and Wobbuffet is affected with the attack.

Then Pikachu, Bunnelby and the other Pokemon that helped them out, Froakie, the Kalos's regions Water Starter attack Team Rocket together and Team Rocket blast off.

They then take Froakie to a Pokemon centre.
    Last edited by playerking; 17th October 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking (example)
    Th episode starts with X
    Now it's happening this event
    Now Tr attack
    Ash catches something. Not it failed.
    @playerking, you only come when an episode is airing. The epsiode aired on Monday October 14th and has been streamed in TV Tokyo website, even to non-Japanese people.

It's no needed to expalin the episode again.

However,t he 2nd episode hasn't aired through that livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    @playerking, you only come when an episode is airing. The epsiode aired on Monday October 14th and has been streamed in TV Tokyo website, even to non-Japanese people.

People who for some reason may not be able to view the episode, find playerkings run-throughs very helpful. No need to be so rude and unappreciative..

Just seen the pictures, this episode looks really great hard to imagine that this followed DA. Guess they been preparing this new series for awhile now.

Here's what I liked....
    - The great visuals and striking animation quality
    - The new characters are instantly likeable even from just the pictures
    - That battle looked awesome, loved the "Vs." screen and actual use of strategy
    - Wobbuffet being used correctly and looking strong!
    - A Rhyhorn! I missed you Rhyhorn you always look so cool.
    - Froakie already shows great promise.

Here's what I hated...
    - I missed watching it

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post

Why? I have not seen it so these run-through provide clarity alongside the pictures and I thank the posters for them, normally I read through them at work whilst on lunch.
    Speaking of which I hope writing these run-throughs dose not distract to much from enjoying the actual episodes.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 17th October 2013 at 7:00 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Oh my god, Bonnie is awesome, she is automatically one of my favorite Pokemon anime characters already. <3 To be honest, I wasn't hyped for the new anime, but she and Clemont are good reasons to keep watching. Also, Pikachu vs Bunnelby and Pikachu/Bunnelby/Froakie vs Wobbufett were amazing. I am loving those battles, because the characters actually elaborate strategies during them, unlike what happened in BW. I'd give this episode a solid 10/10, best introductory episode in the show so far. Lastly, a small detail, but Bunnelby's Poké Ball moving after Clemont speak to him/her was very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It seems to mostly just be in the area at the time. It saved Pikachu because of its sense of justice, not because it had any particular fondness for either of the two.
    To be fair, it could've easily took up an interest in Ash and Pikachu, when it noticed them, as Pikachu was shocking Bonnie.

And watched them battling.

But yes, it could also because it has a strong sense of justice.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But yes, it could also because it has a strong sense of justice.
    When it confronts the Rockets, Nyarth translates it as saying "I can't stand bad guys like you", so it's pretty much outright stated.

You people do know it's possible to praise XY without bashing BW in the process, right?

You people do know it's possible to praise XY without bashing BW in the process, right?
    Naturally, people will compare the new saga to the previous one. It's happened this way since the transition from Kanto to OI..

Hype+passive aggressiveness isn't fun to watch when you're on the receiving end of it. Trust me I know. :/...

Give it a couple episodes, people may calm down.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It's almost similar to the way Scott trashes Johto regularly.

Love love love.

This might be my favourite start to a saga. The new animation makes it feel so much livelier. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the scrapping of stock backgrounds is the best thing the anime has ever done.

I was really impressed with the Pikachu vs Bunnelby battle. I'm already respecting the rabbit since it held its ground but also didn't make Pikachu seem impossibly weak. I wish there was a winner, but I'm fine with Team Rocket interrupting since they showed the new motto animation and Wobbuffet actually battled.

I also like how Serena was introduced, and I surprisingly already like Clemont and Bonnie.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I'm glad this opening wasn't in 3D I liked how Ash's Pikachu didn't get reset in a lower level I haven't feel entertained by Pokemon episode for so long Wobuffet is kinda stronger now I thought Team Rocket would use their jet packs when they were about to get blast off because Wobuffet being kinda stronger making Team Rocket look serious again I've seen Jessie, James and Meowth were talking to Giovanni in the unknown future episode Froakie was a good character from being a hero to end the Team Rocket encounter this episode was enjoyable it would be 8/10.

It appears there are some highly inaccurate "translations" for this episode floating around. Please excise caution, and be wary of less trustworthy sources.

So Froakie had trainers, but didn't listen? Awesome. ^^ I love it's personality already.

Btw, have there been any English Previews for these Two episodes yet? I really wanna hear the new voices in English.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    So Froakie had trainers, but didn't listen? Awesome. ^^ I love it's personality already.

Btw, have there been any English Previews for these Two episodes yet? I really wanna hear the new voices in English.
    I can't find any, usually sneek peeks have commerials, even Ben 10 had it's fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I can't find any, usually sneek peeks have commerials, even Ben 10 had it's fair share.
    Huh, well that's a Shame. You'd Think they'd have some tiny preview for it. But oh well, at least they will air pretty soon. I Think. Thank you.

I just hope Froakie's voice will be like I imagen it to be..
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Amazing introduction to the Kalos series, these episodes blew me away. I felt like they got almost everything right.

-A million points right out of the gate for not having Pikachu lose to Bunnelby or having Ash look weak and unprepared. It was a good battle that made Clemont look intelligent and skilled without making Ash look like an idiot.

-Clemont and Bonnie look like great travelling companions. While Clemont is a science enthusiast, he doesn't come across as arrogant or a know-it-all. If anything, he looks like he has just as much to learn as Ash does. Bonnie was never annoying and her and her brother have some solid chemistry.

-Ash mentioning that he wants another shot at the league was great, and it seemed like Ash had an intensity to him these whole two episodes that I really enjoyed.

-Froakie is just a cool Pokemon, and I really look forward to seeing where they go with him.

-This was one of Team Rocket's better outings, they moved the plot without feeling too intrusive. I still hope they don't show up every episode, once and a while would suit them better.

10/10, I'm struggling to think how this introduction could've been done better.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Very solid start for sure.

Based on the preview, Froakie looks like he will show off the reason why so many trainers chose to abandon him next episode though. Acting without Ash's instructions, and somehow getting into an air battle(lolwut) with a fletchling? Kinda like the rebellious charmeleon/charizard thing from Kanto, except less aggressive towards Ash?

Dear Lord, the first two episodes were more than I hoped. They were amazing. The ANIMATION... damn. I hope they keep that up for the rest of the show. I can also feel some good chemistry between Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie--something I seriously could not see in the BW group. But yeah... Ash was a bad-*** in this. Both in the battle with Clemont and calming down Garchomp. Can't wait for E3. Especially E4 for some more Serena.
    Last edited by RePoisn; 19th October 2013 at 1:47 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast